• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
(Forgot to answer this earlier) Yes. Go back to the voting page. You'll see "please limit your vote to one per person," or something like that, written near the top. I've heard some people say that your most recent vote counts as your "valid" vote. That's why I'm considering changing my vote if I find someone more to my liking than Mags. I'm only assuming such is the case, despite the lack of elaboration as to whether or not it's true.

You missed my point entirely. I meant that his flaws don't need to be existent for him to be a relatable character, at least to some people. (like me)
Oh. Um, oops?

He's relatable, yes, but not necessarily an interesting character, that's my main problem. Then again, that jolly ole @Moydow fella said that he's better in a recent translation, and I haven't played his game in a while, so I dunno.

K then. It's not gonna be a pleasant sight.
The courtroom is hardly a pleasant sight these days, I'm afraid...

Last edited:

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
I wanted to vote for Quote from Cave but as of this point, I'm sure the very idea of Quote being in Smash is but a distant dream.

Roy's stats tend to vary during my multiple playthroughs of FE:6. Sometimes, he is the best unit behind Rutger and Percival. Other times, he tends to be RNG screwed (Oh God, base Strength Roy at lvl. 20 why?!?!)

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I voted for Viridi, Phoenix Wright, and Shantae.
I voted for Zero, Firion, and Treecko.
Interesting... Not that I'm complaining, but I'm starting to think literally every person who voted save me voted for as many characters as they wanted. Does nobody else pay attention?

Not sure who Firion or Zero are. Explanation?

Oh. Um, oops?

He's relatable, yes, but not necessarily an interesting character, that's my main problem. Then again, that jolly ole @Moydow fella said that he's better in a recent translation, and I haven't played his game in a while, so I dunno.
I, for one, find perfection a desirable trait, so even if his personality isn't unique, he's still a likeable character. I also think his backstory/in-game story in-general is very fascinating. I think you're so focused on looking for flaws that you're ignoring literally everything else. You should play the game again and refresh your memory.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Interesting... Not that I'm complaining, but I'm starting to think literally every person who voted save me voted for as many characters as they wanted. Does nobody else pay attention?

I, for one, find perfection a desirable trait, so even if his personality isn't unique, he's still a likeable character. I also think his backstory/in-game story in-general is very fascinating. I think you're so focused on looking for flaws that you're ignoring literally everything else. You should play the game again and refresh your memory.
Guess I should. It's been a very long while, so you never know...

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
So... who did everyone vote for so far?
I voted for Isaac from Golden Sun. Why?

- His games were very popular, well recieved. and sold very well.

- Highly requested among us Smash fans, being almost always in the top three on character polls.

- Is an interesting character and would have an interesting moveset. There is not a single character in any Smash game that utilizes earth based attacks.

- If we are gonna go with that old notion that some characters not only represent a franchise, but also represent a game system in Nintendo's history. If so, then Isaac would be perfect to rep the GBA era (:4lucas:doesn't count for two obvious reasons)

- Call me bias, but I ******* loved Golden Sun and The Lost Age. Those games need more love.

I have more reasons, but I'm not gonna list them.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I think Sylux is a likely character; we'll probably see it get in in the future, maybe even as DLC via the Ballot. These are all solid reasons for you to vote for that character. However, I'd like to give my take on each reason. Bare in mind these are just my opinions/interpretations of your reasoning. It's all good logic, it's just that I have different criteria for voting, different even than most people.
Shoot.

+Favorite Metroid character

+Fairly popular darkhorse character in Metroid

Popularity is the basis of the ballot. Even if everyone voted for the most ridiculously lackluster character because everyone loved said character, than we still would've done our jobs. I, however, root for the characters I think would introduce new playstyles. There's not much new things to add at this point, but there are still characters with potential for uniqueness. I also don't believe a characters plot arch-type isn't important, so long as the character is relevant to the franchise.
When compared to the other one-shots Metroid has in the series(other hunters, REMEMBAH ME, UR NUT AUTHORIZD), Sylux outclasses them by far even with it's one-shot status since it was given more focus, albeit passively.

+Can bring variety to the table

This is immensely important to me. While I do agree that Sylux has plenty of potential, and will even go so far as to say that it has more than most, I don't like how people tend to smack this on every character. I admittedly think about the game balance more than most people, almost to an unhealthy degree, and I don't think every character has potential to be in the game. People forget that the criteria for actually getting on the roster are many and high. Even if a character can be unique, there are probably a dozen characters more eligible. This, unfortunately, is true with nearly every character in existence.
Nothing to add here.

+Confirmed to appear in a future installment

Recurrence/relevance is an important reason to me as well. Magolor is one of a handfull of recurring characters who showed up only recently in the Kirby series. That's another reason I'd say he's relevant enough, but it's not why I voted for him.
Were it not for Kensuke Tanabe's statement at E3, Sylux would still be seen as another one-shot. It's taking some time, yes, but Sylux is on it's way to become a recurring party in the Prime series.

+No other viable Metroid characters for DLC

I can understand why people want more representation for certain series, but I try to look past the franchise barriers. I could care less about where they're from, I just want unique characters. (Which is why I'm sure I'd be happy with Sylux despite the fact that Metroid isn't my favorite Nintendo franchise, nor is Sylux my favorite Metroid character.)
This is really only because Ridley and Dark Samus are NPC's and the other one-shots fail to stand up to Sylux's current status.

If there's any other reason I'd be happy to here you elaborate further. Give us a deep, emotional speech on why Sylux means so much to you.
Because it's an underrated character that deserves exposure. If you think about it, it's not unlike Robin during Gematsu's prime.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Hey IAmMetaKnight IAmMetaKnight , if there's one thing I liked about Roy, it's how he's kinda like the king in chess. He's a load for most of the game, but then he becomes great (A little too late for my taste, but hey...).

Also, am I the only person who thinks that Metroid is best repped with just Samus and Samus? I don't want to start anything, but the series was all about being isolated, so Samus being the only rep felt perfect to me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh. Um, oops?

The courtroom is hardly a pleasant sight these days, I'm afraid...
True your honor...wait a minute, what am I doing in a courtroom? Did I get involved on one of Wright's work again?

It'll end up helping someone(maybe not Viridi sadly but we need her and Shantae)

UmbreonMageBrando

The Quiet One
NNID
Megaman648
Zero is one of the 3 main characters from the Mega Man X series, while Firion is the main protagonist of Final Fantasy II NES which was originally released in japan and never made it to the west until the remakes of the original FF2 came out for the GBA and PSP.

D

Deleted member

I voted for Bandana Dee, Captain Toad, Bomberman, and Phoenix Wright in that order in a span of a few months.

Why did I vote for them? I like them, the games they come from, and I think that they could be unique.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I voted for Isaac from Golden Sun. Why?

- His games were very popular, well recieved. and sold very well.

- Highly requested among us Smash fans, being almost always in the top three on character polls.

- Is an interesting character and would have an interesting moveset. There is not a single character in any Smash game that utilizes earth based attacks.

- If we are gonna go with that old notion that some characters not only represent a franchise, but also represent a game system in Nintendo's history. If so, then Isaac would be perfect to rep the GBA era (:4lucas:doesn't count for two obvious reasons)

- Call me bias, but I ******* loved Golden Sun and The Lost Age. Those games need more love.

I have more reasons, but I'm not gonna list them.
I must agree that Isaac has much potential. If I wasn't so stoked up on Magolor, I might consider voting for him. The main reason I won't is that I've never played a Golden Sun game. I want to be 100% sure about the potential of the character I voted for. That's another reason I voted Mags. I'm probably know Kirby better than any person on Smashboards, and I say that with much confidence. Also, I don't believe in the concept behind voting for a character simply because everyone else is voting for them. It almost defeats the purpose of the Ballot.

Hey IAmMetaKnight IAmMetaKnight , if there's one thing I liked about Roy, it's how he's kinda like the king in chess. He's a load for most of the game, but then he becomes great (A little too late for my taste, but hey...).

Also, am I the only person who thinks that Metroid is best repped with just Samus and Samus? I don't want to start anything, but the series was all about being isolated, so Samus being the only rep felt perfect to me.
I could get behind that, but I fell this would limit any potential for unique newcomers Metroid may offer, so I'm gonna say no. I can understand the logic behind it, though.

Zero is one of the 3 main characters from the Mega Man X series, while Firion is the main protagonist of Final Fantasy II NES which was originally released in japan and never made it to the west until the remakes of the original FF2 came out for the GBA and PSP.
I'll look into both. I know who Zero is, but there are just so many Zeros out there, it becomes hard to know who people are talking about when they simply say "Zero."

There was a Zero in Kirby... *shudders* Unfortunately, I'll never forget him...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Technically, Rundas still has a slim chance, dead doesn't mean you can't get in a fighting game. His popularity and thus viability doesn't match Sylux's, though.

Totes agree on Dark Samus though.
People use the only appeared in one game means they're a one-shot and can never be in Smash. Midna and Ghirahim being targets of this. Some might argue that Sylux appeared in 2 and has a chance of being in a sequel, but since that hasn't happened yet, blarg. Technically, since Roy, Robin, and Lucina only appeared in one game, then they shouldn't be in Smash then. Great logic, huh?

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Heyo.

We having a ballot talk?

People use the only appeared in one game means they're a one-shot and can never be in Smash.
You gotta wonder if people like that pay attention.
:4sheik::4lucina::4robinm::4robinf::4shulk::4darkpit::4duckhunt::4ness::4rob::4feroy::4lucas:

I know you noted a couple, of course, but when you go through and note all of them...it's pretty sobering.

If you see 'em before I do, please pass this along: when a fifth of the roster refutes your argument, you're done.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm tempted to vote for Anna now... after I already voted for Impa and caved in for Wolf... Also want to vote for Kyo Kusanagi, Vanessa, Red from Transistor, Ratchet & Clank, and Micaiah. Each with only valid reasons except for 3 which all involve the words: red head.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I must agree that Isaac has much potential. If I wasn't so stoked up on Magolor, I might consider voting for him. The main reason I won't is that I've never played a Golden Sun game. I want to be 100% sure about the potential of the character I voted for. That's another reason I voted Mags. I'm probably know Kirby better than any person on Smashboards, and I say that with much confidence. Also, I don't believe in the concept behind voting for a character simply because everyone else is voting for them. It almost defeats the purpose of the ballot.
First off, why are you on here talking to us? Get on your Wii U, go to the shop and buy that ****! You are missing out on some fine GBA titles.

Secondly, I do understand and agree with your decision on wanting characters like Magolor. It's pretty much the same reason many of us want someone like K. Rool and Isaac. We love them and they can bring so much to the table.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I haven't voted on the Smash ballot and I don't think I will. Probably because a lot of the characters people want are characters from games I've never played and know nothing about.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
People use the only appeared in one game means they're a one-shot and can never be in Smash. Midna and Ghirahim being targets of this. Some might argue that Sylux appeared in 2 and has a chance of being in a sequel, but since that hasn't happened yet, blarg. Technically, since Roy, Robin, and Lucina only appeared in one game, then they shouldn't be in Smash then. Great logic, huh?
Well, considering the explicit interest from Tanabe for a Sylux and Samus centric story(and the Feds) in the future, it's all but confirmed that Sylux will appear in a sequel. What I would describe as a chance right now is Sylux appearing in Federation Force; seeing as Tanabe has compared FF to the Marvel Cinematic Universe in execution(build up with several titles, have one big spectacle later), I say there's a solid chance.

The "logic" really only applies if it's in someone's benefit to diss a character. You can imagine how many times I've seen Sylux dissed because "not Ridley".

Soul.

I only voted for veterans the moment the thing was announced.
Now as it comes to an end I don't feel like voting for newcomers.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I voted for Isaac and Snake as they're the only characters I know I want playable in Smash.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, considering the explicit interest from Tanabe for a Sylux and Samus centric story(and the Feds) in the future, it's all but confirmed that Sylux will appear in a sequel. What I would describe as a chance right now is Sylux appearing in Federation Force; seeing as Tanabe has compared FF to the Marvel Cinematic Universe in execution(build up with several titles, have one big spectacle later), I say there's a solid chance.

The "logic" really only applies if it's in someone's benefit to diss a character. You can imagine how many times I've seen Sylux dissed because "not Ridley".
Okay, that's kind of a good idea... Not really exclusive to the cinematic since comics and such can do that as well. I mean, you're able to establish different characters. Samus is the Captain America, but you could establish characters affiliated with Samus whether good or bad like a Falcon or a Red Skull. So, you could end up making another bounty hunter who's more up-close like a Predator and does their thing in whatever sector of the universe and they can cross paths with Samus and help each other out or just by chance end up helping each other out, but not realizing it. I wonder if Metroid Prime Hunters was supposed to do this?

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I voted for Bandana Dee, Captain Toad, Bomberman, and Phoenix Wright in that order in a span of a few months.

Why did I vote for them? I like them, the games they come from, and I think that they could be unique.
From what I've seen, I think Bomberman and Pheonix Wright could be unique characters, though not as unique as some. I think those are good choices, especially if you like the games they're from. I've never played any of either franchises, however, so I can't make a final say on them.

A lot of people think of Sakurai as having come up with every character's playstyle. While this is true with a moveset, the moveset Sakurai makes for a character is designed to support a playstyle based solely on that character. Every character we've seen thus far isn't so much Sakurai's creativity with that character so much as it is "what you see is what you get." That's not to discredit Sakurai's work; it takes a lot of creativity to make a moveset that works toward that playstyle. But people tend to think that because of that creativity, Sakurai can make any character work. But he hasn't done anything to their playstyles. They've played the way they have since their inception, and their playstyles in Smash have been set forth even before the first Smash game. This isn't to bash; this is just my opinion. When you vote for a character who's mostly defenseless/can't even jump, you shan't expect any of Sakurai's creativity to make that character work.

That having been said, I think Captain Toad is the only character who fits the above that might actually work. (didn't see that one coming, did ya?)

As most of you know, I'm strongly indifferent to Bandana Dee. As one who's thought more about Kirby and it's vast array of characters than can be considered healthy, I don't think Bandana Dee fits the criteria for getting into Smash, at least not as much so as Magolor. I've always been disappointed by the fact that he's clearly been receiving more attention than Mags. It's not that I hate the character, it's just that, if it weren't for the ballot, I wouldn't think him a likely addition to the roster, nor would I look forward to playing with him.

I can understand why people want him in Smash, though. It's just that I prioritize uniqueness above all else.

First off, why are you on here talking to us? Get on your Wii U, go to the shop and buy that ****! You are missing out on some fine GBA titles.

Secondly, I do understand and agree with your decision on wanting characters like Magolor. It's pretty much the same reason many of us want someone like K. Rool and Isaac. We love them and they can bring so much to the table.
I've always maintained that K. Rool and Isaac are likely to get in via the ballot. However, I've thought quite a bit about their playstyles, and I'm just gonna come clean: I think it would be too difficult/impossible to properly represent K. Rool in a balanced manner. There. I said it. It's not that he lacks recognition or uniqueness, it's just that I feel like he may not be able to get in for the same reason as...
as...
as....*gulp*
Ridley (please don't murder me)

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So far I've voted for Wolf, Lucas, Issac, Geno, and Banjo and Kazooie. The first two were pretty much the day of; I was more hesitant on the bird and bear, but after Microsoft tweeted they'd be willing to work with Ninty on their inclusion, I went ahead and cast my lot.

My reasons were fairly short and simple. For Wolf and Lucas, I enjoyed their playstyles in Brawl and hoped to see their return; so far, Lucas has. For Issac and Banjo and Kazooie, I both enjoyed their games and imagined their playstyles would have interesting potential and diversity. And for Geno, I just enjoy him as a character, although I'm sure he could also play interesting.

And that's bout all I got.

I haven't voted on the Smash ballot and I don't think I will. Probably because a lot of the characters people want are characters from games I've never played and know nothing about.
I can understand your reasoning, but honestly, if there's someone you want to see? Maybe cast a ballot anyway. Just one, for measure.

You'd be surprised, the characters that have support on this thing. And it might not completely matter - I mean, how many people would've voted for G&W in a thing like this?

But moreso than that, it's the principle of it. They asked your opinion - even if it's a collective "you," so you may as well let them know it.

Just my two, do as you feel is right.

I've always maintained that K. Rool and Isaac are likely to get in via the ballot. However, I've thought quite a bit about their playstyles, and I'm just gonna come clean: I think it would be too difficult/impossible to properly represent K. Rool in a balanced manner. There. I said it. It's not that he lacks recognition or uniqueness, it's just that I feel like he may not be able to get in for the same reason as...
as...
as....*gulp*
Ridley (please don't murder me)
Eh. He ain't nearly as big, typically, and flight isn't a concern. Maybe you can argue that most of the villains in Smash have been heroes, or at least anti-heroes, in other capacities. But while Bowser, Wario, Dark Pit, King Dedede and Meta Knight might get that treatment, Ganon falls flat (Mewtwo depends on whether you see him as actually malicious, or merely neutral).

The only real sticking points I can find would be: do people want him, can they pull off a moveset, and do they have the technology? Everything else is either soapboxing or wild mass guessing.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Okay, that's kind of a good idea... Not really exclusive to the cinematic since comics and such can do that as well. I mean, you're able to establish different characters. Samus is the Captain America, but you could establish characters affiliated with Samus whether good or bad like a Falcon or a Red Skull. So, you could end up making another bounty hunter who's more up-close like a Predator and does their thing in whatever sector of the universe and they can cross paths with Samus and help each other out or just by chance end up helping each other out, but not realizing it. I wonder if Metroid Prime Hunters was supposed to do this?
As far back as 2013 this was touched on, if not in the same manner.

"You remember Metroid Prime Hunters. I’m thinking about things like how we could make that go out further, with all these different bounty hunters as well."
In all honesty, every single new Hunter from the namesake game was made to accommodate the multiplayer, but even with it's relatively simple plot(for Metroid standards anyway), it was quick to be noticed that only Sylux and Weavel had fleshed out backstories(hating the Federation and being a Space Pirate injured in battle respectively) and were given slightly more emphasis compared to the others. Both have detailed ships(Sylux uses it's ship as part of a boss battle and Weavel's can be seen for 3 seconds while arriving at the Oubliette) and supposed connections to Samus; the difference being that Sylux was given more detail in general.

If Hunters had not been a spinof and/or a console game, I could have seen these backstories being expanded more for every Hunter; as it stands, though, we only have two characters that mean anything in the grand scheme of things and only one of them is confirmed to move on, that being the one with the greater emphasis.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
I just want wolf. Like, I voted for wolf the day the ballot came out. I am so sad hes gone and i want him back ffs.

Also on the topic of fire emblem characters: we have 5, FIVE SWORD USERS and not ONE axe, lance user. Like geez cmon get some variety already.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
As far back as 2013 this was touched on, if not in the same manner.

In all honesty, every single new Hunter from the namesake game was made to accommodate the multiplayer, but even with it's relatively simple plot(for Metroid standards anyway), it was quick to be noticed that only Sylux and Weavel had fleshed out backstories(hating the Federation and being a Space Pirate injured in battle respectively) and were given slightly more emphasis compared to the others. Both have detailed ships(Sylux uses it's ship as part of a boss battle and Weavel's can be seen for 3 seconds while arriving at the Oubliette) and supposed connections to Samus; the difference being that Sylux was given more detail in general.

If Hunters had not been a spinof and/or a console game, I could have seen these backstories being expanded more for every Hunter; as it stands, though, we only have two characters that mean anything in the grand scheme of things and only one of them is confirmed to move on, that being the one with the greater emphasis.
Ignoring money concerns, but if Nintendo could pull of a Phantom Pain where it's misleading you to think it's not a Metroid game, then that might be interesting. There could be hints that this is Metroid like maybe mentions of ancient technology, vague descriptions of events that happened in Metroid games, or something. Dark Souls does this with Dark Souls 2 and probably going to happen in 3. Some of the stuff would be easy like "Space Pirates" - that's really generic when you think about it. It wouldn't reveal to you that it is a Metroid game or tied to Metroid until the very end, so something like you suddenly encounter Metroids as it's revealed this game takes place before Metroid 1. The issue is how they would do it and how people would react. Best case is people are shocked that X game is part of Metroid. Worst case is that people are angry they made a Metroid that isn't a Metroid with Samus. Nintendo could just flat out tell us it's part of the Metroid universe like how Cavia said that Nier is a result of one of Drakengard's multiple endings.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Ignoring money concerns, but if Nintendo could pull of a Phantom Pain where it's misleading you to think it's not a Metroid game, then that might be interesting. There could be hints that this is Metroid like maybe mentions of ancient technology, vague descriptions of events that happened in Metroid games, or something. Dark Souls does this with Dark Souls 2 and probably going to happen in 3. Some of the stuff would be easy like "Space Pirates" - that's really generic when you think about it. It wouldn't reveal to you that it is a Metroid game or tied to Metroid until the very end, so something like you suddenly encounter Metroids as it's revealed this game takes place before Metroid 1. The issue is how they would do it and how people would react. Best case is people are shocked that X game is part of Metroid. Worst case is that people are angry they made a Metroid that isn't a Metroid with Samus. Nintendo could just flat out tell us it's part of the Metroid universe like how Cavia said that Nier is a result of one of Drakengard's multiple endings.
I really don't think that Metroid is in the position where it should attempt this right now even discounting money concerns. It's better off regaining ground with whatever it has planned, getting in good standing once more like it was in the Brawl era, and then trying this. The ways it could backfire are many.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
I have returned from my first ever tourney!

I went through with solo-:4robinm:. Played and beat a :4falcon: by the name of ICKA, 2-1. I later got sent to losers bracket 2-1 at the hands of a :4littlemac: by the name of Super Bottle, who proceeded on to grand finals. In losers bracket, I faced off against a :4diddy: going by the name Captain Kaweya, defeating him 2-1. Finally I faced off against the TO in the last round before losers final, going by the tag Wade against his :rosalina: game 1, which I won. After game 1, Trey switched to his main, :4ness:, and I suffered a loss at his hands. Final game was incredibly close, with him DI'ing my F-smash (Levin) and barely surviving (both on our last stock), a few more blows were exchanged, and finally he landed B-air for the kill, eliminating me. In the end, I made 4th place!

I learned that I am the only tactician in my area, and I definitely showed everyone the might of the tactician! The TO was especially impressed, and even recorded our final game and invited me to his weekly smashfest this Friday.

All in all, a Smashing time! :colorful:

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
After Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem comes out, I kinda hope they get a fighting game crossover.
I love me some fighting games.
I'd love me a Soul Calibur-esque FE fighting game.

Also, today I tried out Project M at a LAN party for the first time and it was super fun! I also realized how difficult it is to actually wavedash, but l-cancelling seemed pretty easy. I kept switching between Marth, Mario, and the Space Animals. I also played a lot of Wii U as well but we had to resort to using 3DS's because nobody brought controllers. All in all, today was a great day!

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I'd love me a Soul Calibur-esque FE fighting game.

Also, today I tried out Project M at a LAN party for the first time and it was super fun! I also realized how difficult it is to actually wavedash, but l-cancelling seemed pretty easy. I kept switching between Marth, Mario, and the Space Animals. I also played a lot of Wii U as well but we had to resort to using 3DS's because nobody brought controllers. All in all, today was a great day!
It's really hard for me to wavedash because my wii broke, but my wii u is fine and I don't have a classic controler. So basically I have to wavedash with a wiichuck.
Still better than using just a wiimote.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The ways it could backfire are many.
And they mostly rhyme with Other M.

Oh hey I might as well vote for Squirtle/Ivysaur now that I think about it
Seeing Squirtle again would be fun.

Ivysaur I was less fond of, but I guess at that point it's all or nothing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom