• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I voted for Neku Sakuraba in the ballot.

While I have little hope that he'd even make in the first place, he's the character I would want more than anyone else. He's got such diversity of moveset potential, I like his character, and overall TWEWY is one of my favorite games of all time. Granted the odds of him even getting any recognition is extremely small, but a guy can dream can't he.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
My vote went to Snake. He was my Brawl main, and once a Smash Brother, always a Smash Brother, company drama be damned!

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
@Moydow I know I'm late with this, and I'm not sure this was posted, but I think I found the perfect video that describes your and every other Ace Attorney fan's reaction to the new Ace Attorney game and the upcoming anime:

I know its Edgeworth and one of his themes, but just go with it.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I really don't think that Metroid is in the position where it should attempt this right now even discounting money concerns. It's better off regaining ground with whatever it has planned, getting in good standing once more like it was in the Brawl era, and then trying this. The ways it could backfire are many.
Yeah, they need to establish a Metroid which Prime did and Other M failed at. Y'know the irony is that Other M would have been a perfect way to do a "Ground Zeroes" for Metroid. Hey, check out this game that happens to be introducing concepts and mechanics for a new, bigger Metroid game in the future. Oh, the new character in Other M - as in not Metroid: Other M, but in this hypothetical example -, yeah, she's going to be in the new Metroid too with Samus. Other M as in the Other Metroid games.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Wolf from Starfox -
Loved playing as him in Brawl, would love to see him brought back to the roster. Plus as Roy and Lucas have shown, being a clone/semi-clone is not necessarily a deterring factor for vets.

Sora from Kingdom Hearts -
Okay I'll be perfectly honest, this is a completely selfish choice on my part. In my heart (hehehe, KH jokes) I know that our Keyblade-wielding heroes chances aren't exactly the best. However in my mind, I believe Sora would still make an excellent candidate as a Square Enix rep. I know a lot of people are hoping (and voting) for more classic characters from Final Fantasy's lineage on Nintendo consoles, and I can respect that, but I believe Sora has just as much (if not more) to offer.

In terms of "relevance" to Nintendo, Kingdom Hearts is a bit shaky. While no Kingdom Hearts game has yet appeared on a home Nintendo console, more than half (4 out of 7) of all KH games were released on a Nintendo system. And while some consider those games to be "just side games," they are all still very relevant to the story and mythos of the world of Kingdom Hearts. So there is some merit to be found in these games appearances on Nintendo consoles.

As for gameplay and playstyle wise, this is where I believe Sora as a Smash candidate truly excels! Throughout the course of the series Sora has developed an excellent array of impressive sword (key) fighting techniques and powerful magic based attacks. Battle your foes at a distance with such spells as Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, and Aeroga while bringing the pain with close range attacks such as Sonic Blade, Sliding Dash, Strike Raid, Ars Arcanum, and Zantetsuken to name a few. So Sora is solid as steel when it comes to moveset potential.

The biggest hurdle for Sora in my opinion is one question; do we need more 3rd party characters? Obviously there are plenty of popular Smash ballot candidates who fall under the 3rd party category (such as Shantae, Banjoo and Kazooie, and Shovel Knight) so it's not entirely unreasonable, but it's hard to say for sure. Also, while it shouldn't be the final deciding factor, Sora does have a good amount of popularity as a Smash candidate (just look at Smash Flash). Since this is a ballot after all, popularity is a factor that has to be at least considered for obvious reasons. But not necessarily at length, which is why I added it as more of an addendum to this paragraph.

At the end of the day, Sora is still my highly personal and selfish dream vote. While I don't have high hopes for his inclusion, who's to say what the future will bring?
I have returned from my first ever tourney!

I went through with solo-:4robinm:. Played and beat a :4falcon: by the name of ICKA, 2-1. I later got sent to losers bracket 2-1 at the hands of a :4littlemac: by the name of Super Bottle, who proceeded on to grand finals. In losers bracket, I faced off against a :4diddy: going by the name Captain Kaweya, defeating him 2-1. Finally I faced off against the TO in the last round before losers final, going by the tag Wade against his :rosalina: game 1, which I won. After game 1, Trey switched to his main, :4ness:, and I suffered a loss at his hands. Final game was incredibly close, with him DI'ing my F-smash (Levin) and barely surviving (both on our last stock), a few more blows were exchanged, and finally he landed B-air for the kill, eliminating me. In the end, I made 4th place!

I learned that I am the only tactician in my area, and I definitely showed everyone the might of the tactician! The TO was especially impressed, and even recorded our final game and invited me to his weekly smashfest this Friday.

All in all, a Smashing time! :colorful:
Congratulations man! That's damn impressive!
:happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
a good a new page without a mountain of Gif signatures
^
awesome music

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Ooohh~ new updates! I was wondering why I was logged out... looks sleeker now. Hope everyone's having a great day~ :grin:

The only characters I've voted for are Neku Sakuraba, Lloyd Irving, and Snake. They're really the only ones I'm hoping make it in, even though they're almost unlikely to show (or return).

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I only voted for Isaac.

There really aren't too many other characters I see myself voting for to be honest. Furthermore, I don't want to risk my vote for Isaac getting overwritten by a vote for someone else.

The only other character I could see myself voting for is Inkling, but I'm fairly confident Inkling will end up in Smash 5 (if they get in Smash 4 first) and I'd rather see this ballot used to bring someone else in whose game isn't moving Wii Us off the shelf (Splatoon). Like Isaac.

Most other characters I don't care enough about to vote for or I actually don't want them in Smash.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Holy Krakens!
I guess I have more of a reason to get this game now. Really cool they're doing this! I like Chrom, so ye. Just hope it's better than the first one...

The ballot thing? Erm...I...voted for Krystal (oh the controversy) more because I want a new Star Fox character and she seems the most viable and a possible unique moveset for character. I didn't vote for Wolf cuz I was already assuming he was planned... (I'd like both characters to get in)

The other was Isa Jo because Sin & Punishment fan. Don't expect it to happen though.

Zael and Saki mii costume must be a thing.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Can you punish rollout or
Or what? OR WHAT?! THE UNIVERSE NEEDS TO KNOW, MAN!

Anyway, yeah you can. It's probably based on reaction though; counter or dodge. I don't know why Jigglypuff would use it off stage, but try getting hit by it - don't do this on your last stock, though. If she hits you, she just enters into this weird, slow spin animation and she's basically helpless, so that's a free stock, albeit a slow one since she slowly floats down to her doom.

NNID
evenet2013
3DS FC
1005-8775-7263
Or what? OR WHAT?! THE UNIVERSE NEEDS TO KNOW, MAN!

Anyway, yeah you can. It's probably based on reaction though; counter or dodge. I don't know why Jigglypuff would use it off stage, but try getting hit by it - don't do this on your last stock, though. If she hits you, she just enters into this weird, slow spin animation and she's basically helpless, so that's a free stock, albeit a slow one since she slowly floats down to her doom.
This Jiggs was just using it in neutral, and because it doesn't stop from shields, she just retreats with it and I can't do anything.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This Jiggs was just using it in neutral, and because it doesn't stop from shields, she just retreats with it and I can't do anything.
Oh... Those Jigglypuffs... It's like fighting spin-happy Sonics, but worse. Can't projectiles hit it and cause Rollout to stop?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
The other was Isa Jo because Sin & Punishment fan. Don't expect it to happen though.

Zael and Saki mii costume must be a thing.
Whoa, a fellow S&P fan who voted for Isa!?

*high fives*

And a Saki Mii costume never crossed my mind... yeah, I would love to see that (more S&P content is always a plus).

For the ballot, most characters I voted for are pretty popular or have a decent chance. But I also threw in some pipe dreams, like Isa Jo and Wes (Pokemon Colosseum... I mean, he's such a BAMF. He needs to return in a 3rd Colo/XD game :shades:).

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If a Jigglypuff uses Rollout, turn your back to it and wait until she starts moving. When she does, shield. If she tries to go through you, shield the hit, and as soon as she hits your shield, grab.

100% effective with every character other than Zamus and I think Samus.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Jigglypuff is very easy to fight if you have good OOS options.

Because her grounded options are mediocre at best and she has a great air game, she will probably spend most of her time trying to wall you out in the air.

Thing is, she doesn't have any answers to shield in this state.

Just shield her moves and punish with OOS.

Rollout you can just shield indefinitely.

Off-stage is another matter entirely, but in neutral, she has very few options to challenge you.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Whenever I fight against a Jigglypuff it feels like they don't even know what to do half the time.
The story of:4bowserjr:. Once you realize all you have to do is block to win the matchup, the character becomes less threatening. Same can't be said for :4zss: though.

Nah

Smash Champion
I had forgotten about voting in the character ballot, so I just went and quick placed a vote for Tiki and KOS-MOS even though there's probably no chance in hell they're getting in

I just met this lunatic who insisted on camping Falco lasers.

Help.
maybe he thought he was playing brawl instead of smash 4

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I had forgotten about voting in the character ballot, so I just went and quick placed a vote for Tiki and KOS-MOS even though there's probably no chance in hell they're getting in

maybe he thought he was playing brawl instead of smash 4
You're a man after my own heart for voting for Kos-mos.

Having said that, I didn't vote for her. I voted for Chocobo. Why?
-Square Enix I believe is a worthy candidate for having a 3rd party character that fulfills the requirement of being "legendary"
-Appears in the majority of FF games unlike let's say Cloud, who wishes he was a chocobo (the hair says it all)
-Well known mascot throughout the world
-plenty of artstyles and depictions to choose from, ranging from cute companions to deadly implements of war. I lean towards using the cute side myself because it would probably fit smash artstyle more
-is the star of his own spin-off series and titles like Chocbo Racing and Chocobo Dungeon, some of which were on Nintendo Consoles like Chocobo Dungeon for the Wii (surprisingly a good beginner's RPGs, also good for kids)
-limitless skill pool to choose from that often represents traditional FF gameplay such as job changing (dark knight chocobo ftw), talon strikes, casting spells like choco-meteor, using roller blades, summons (I demand a chocobo riding a bahamut for the Final Smash), etc.
-will have a distinctive look among the Smash cast while still fitting in.
-why wouldn't you want to play as an adorable little bird that kweh-kwehs (esports) over all its opponents? Get out Falco, you avian poser.

Just kidding. I actually voted for Isaac. Kinda want Chocobo in Smash now though. Also, this new spoiler function is pretty nifty.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ballot votes... I've put 11 or so votes.

Each for a different character and I got blocked once too.

:231:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's a damn shame that Duck Hunt has such wonky hitboxes.

I'm convinced they'd be a threatening character if the moves worked.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I've voted for Isaac and K. Rool.

Don't really have a lot of characters I strongly support for DLC.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Off-stage is another matter entirely, but in neutral, she has very few options to challenge you.
That's dependent on the character, though.

Fun fact: Jigglypuff's Nair beats every single move in Ryu's kit other than invincible Shoryuken and Focus Attack. It's bloody amazing.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
That's dependent on the character, though.

Fun fact: Jigglypuff's Nair beats every single move in Ryu's kit other than invincible Shoryuken and Focus Attack. It's bloody amazing.
Okay then, let me rephrase that

She has very few options to challenge Pit.

Which is 99% of what I care about.

:nifty:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think I've voted for K. Rool, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Inkling, Lip, Anna, Paper Mario, Wolf at least.

That was the last time I felt passionate about Speculation. Since then I decided to relegate myself to an observer.

:231:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Jigglypuff is very easy to fight if you have good OOS options.

Because her grounded options are mediocre at best and she has a great air game, she will probably spend most of her time trying to wall you out in the air.

Thing is, she doesn't have any answers to shield in this state.

Rollout you can just shield indefinitely.

Sucks that Rabin has such a terrible grab game. Even with his excellent aerial approach options, I always get bodied by Jigglypuff. My grabs almost always miss and are punished. She's the only real threat on the entire roster to my otherwise invincible Robin.

Top Bottom