• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
And here's a replay from the other day versus UmbreonMageBrando UmbreonMageBrando
There were some other matches, but I either forgot to save them, or the replays were more than 3 minutes.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
This place is so shiny now. I like it.

View attachment 74105

GameXplain has no love for Chrom.
Hopefully, they'll fix it soon.

And they just did.
Lucina and Chrom were some of my favorite characters in Awakening, but while I still feel they're collectively the face of the game, I can't help but also think they're overrated... it almost irritates me that they and only they tend to show up everywhere. Where's Frederick? Where's Lissa? And where's freaking Robin/MU? I can understand why Nintendo would refrain from pushing the MU as often as Chomcina, but he was a huge part of Awakening; to me, he was the biggest. It's immensely disappointing to see Chrom show up everywhere without his oh-so-significant other half. "Two parts of a greater whole" my ass. No love for the Avatar. And don't tell me they wouldn't get away with it. They already did. In Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

It's cool that we got Chrom and Lucina and walking spoiler in Project X Zone 2 (and those remixes of You Will Know Our Names and Conquest (Ablaze)!).
...But where's Shulk? I'll buy this game if Shulk is playable.
Same here. I was a bit disappointed that Shulk wasn't in it.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
View attachment 74105

GameXplain has no love for Chrom.
Hopefully, they'll fix it soon.

And they just did.
Poor Chrom. Even when he gets his chance, he still can't get any respect.
So who was the second character they showed?
Kos-Mos from Xenosaga.

Soooo, how are we all feeling about the new Smashboards?

In other news
ME GRIMLOCK KING OF RING!

(I love making gifs)

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Poor Chrom. Even when he gets his chance, he still can't get any respect.

Kos-Mos from Xenosaga.

Thanks.

I'm enjoying the new smashboards(though I wish they didn't remove most of the styles).

D

Deleted member

I like the new changes a lot it looks more modern.
However I'm not sure how I feel about having "Likes Received" being displayed on the post bit. It's something I feel that should be private in my opinion and it just shows who is more popular over the other.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Well, it's kinda annoying on mobile, but it's fine elsewhere.
Lucina and Chrom were some of my favorite characters in Awakening, but while I still feel they're collectively the face of the game, I can't help but also think they're overrated... it almost irritates me that they and only they tend to show up everywhere. Where's Frederick? Where's Lissa? And where's freaking Robin/MU? I can understand why Nintendo would refrain from pushing the MU as often as Chomcina, but he was a huge part of Awakening; to me, he was the biggest. It's immensely disappointing to see Chrom show up everywhere without his oh-so-significant other half. "Two parts of a greater whole" my ***. No love for the Avatar. And don't tell me they wouldn't get away with it. They already did. In Smash Bros.
I feel the same, but I didn't care for Lucina much, and I didn't like Chrom at all.

You know how I claimed this page?
Because I've got THE GOODS!

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I really like the "online now" indicator. That is a real nice touch.

I also like how likes are shown underneath your post count so you don't have to click on someones profile to see how much they have.

The + icon with the spoiler and quote options is also helpful like I said a few messages above this one.

Finally, being able to highlight text and reply to it (like I did here) is very helpful and makes it much easier to respond to others like I'm doing right now.

I'm neutral on everything else. This includes the "location" setting under your profile that was removed. You have to click on someones profile/name to see their location now which doesn't bother me any.

Now that I think about it, "location" and "likes received" basically swapped places under your profile.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I much preferred the old font (Roboto). Helvetica is way too overused these days, thanks to Apple (yes, it was fairly common before iOS existed, but it's almost ubiquitous now).

There are lots of fancy new tools elsewhere, though, which are pretty cool/useful.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I like the new changes a lot it looks more modern.
However I'm not sure how I feel about having "Likes Received" being displayed on the post bit. It's something I feel that should be private in my opinion and it just shows who is more popular over the other.
I don't mind having likes received be public. Though I am curious why it was swapped with location. Perhaps for privacy reasons.
I really like the "online now" indicator. That is a real nice touch.

I also like how likes are shown underneath your post count so you don't have to click on someones profile to see how much they have.

The + icon with the spoiler and quote options is also helpful like I said a few messages above this one.

Finally, being able to highlight text and reply to it (like I did here) is very helpful and makes it much easier to respond to others like I'm doing right now.

I'm neutral on everything else. This includes the "location" setting under your profile that was removed. You have to click on someones profile/name to see their location now which doesn't bother me any.

Now that I think about it, "location" and "likes received" basically swapped places under your profile.
Love the "Online Now" indicator as well.

Also I agree that being able to highlight and respond to specific parts of a person's quote is really handy! It's a lot easier than the old method of having to quote someone's entire post and then cut out all the excess wordage.
Cool, there's a multi-quote function.
Nice! Now I'm sad though, since we won't have anymore D O U B L E P O S T B O Y Z ! :(
I much preferred the old font (Roboto). Helvetica is way too overused these days, thanks to Apple (yes, it was fairly common before iOS existed, but it's almost ubiquitous now).

There are lots of fancy new tools elsewhere, though, which are pretty cool/useful.
Ah Helvetica, aka how to try and look like a graphic designer 101.

Also, what the heck happened to the Gen 1 Pokedex?

Screen shot 2015-09-19 at 2.50.27 PM.png
Screen shot 2015-09-19 at 2.50.38 PM.png

D

Deleted member

I don't mind having likes received be public. Though I am curious why it was swapped with location. Perhaps for privacy reasons.
That's probably a likely reason. Although a lot of people had fake locations such as "Dancing with Wolf" or whatever. xD

Nice! Now I'm sad though, since we won't have anymore D O U B L E P O S T B O Y Z ! :(
Wasn't Milo AKA Papa Milo AKA Papa the one to call it that? :denzel:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Also, what the heck happened to the Gen 1 Pokedex?
All the buttons are changed around.

They used to be listed alphabetically but are now thrown all over the place.

:mario64: is first instead of in the middle, :zeldamelee: is in between:mariomelee:&:bowsermelee: near the upper middle, :wolf:is 5th instead of 4th last, and :4wiifit:&:4villager:are completely separate from :4wiifitm:&:4villagerf:yet :4wario::4wario2:are still together. :crazy:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
It took a bit to get used to but I've quickly adapted. Jestar pointed out to me (thanks btw) that we can now just click an icon to place a spoiler tab instead of typing it in.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I'm sure they'll still find some way to break the rules.
Don't they always? *Kappa*
That's probably a likely reason. Although a lot of people had fake locations such as "Dancing with Wolf" or whatever. xD

Wasn't Milo AKA Papa Milo AKA Papa the one to call it that? :denzel:
Yeah a lot of people use joke locations (me included :p).

I don't recall if he was the first person to specifically use that phrase.
*Firebrand intensifies*
Happy 30th to G n' G! Here's to all the broken thumbs, controllers, and dreams!
All the buttons are changed around.

They used to be listed alphabetically but are now thrown all over the place.

:mario64: is first instead of in the middle, :zeldamelee: is in between:mariomelee:&:bowsermelee: near the upper middle, :wolf:is 5th instead of 4th last, and :4wiifit:&:4villager:are completely separate from :4wiifitm:&:4villagerf:yet :4wario::4wario2:are still together. :crazy:
Probably just some unforeseen consequence of all the recoding. I'm sure it will be fixed soon enough!

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
and :4wiifit:&:4villager:are completely separate from :4wiifitm:&:4villagerf:yet :4wario::4wario2:are still together. :crazy:
From the looks of it, the alternate characters are being placed by their own group. :4wario2: is fine where he is but :4wario: would have to move up. :4robinf: would have to move with the other alts. The secret characters of Smash 4 seem to be in their own group with the exception of :4wario: and :4lucina:.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
From the looks of it, the alternate characters are being placed by their own group. :4wario2: is fine where he is but :4wario: would have to move up. :4robinf: would have to move with the other alts. The secret characters of Smash 4 seem to be in their own group with the exception of :4wario: and :4lucina:.
I miss the old one

Nah

Smash Champion
I don't really like the new choice of font but everything else seems fine to me.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Probably just some unforeseen consequence of all the recoding. I'm sure it will be fixed soon enough!
Good chance. I personally don't mind since :zeldamelee:&:wolf:are closer to the front which I like for reasons you can probably guess.

:zeldamelee::mariomelee::bowsermelee: are my top 3 in Melee so seeing them next to each other is nice.

NNID
evenet2013
3DS FC
1005-8775-7263
My l-stick is messed up. It's constantly inputting left, I can't move right, and I can barely jump or crouch. It took me five minutes to navigate to for glory, and I could only choose the characters on the far left. A couple of doofuses actually lost to me, even though I couldn't recover if they tossed me off the left edge. BAN•ZELDA

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Looking for the potential english dub of the Ace Attorney anime with Edgeworth keeping his Dual Destinies voice actor Moydow Moydow ?

Also, the new font is called Helvetica? I'm not the only one reminded of Nichijou from that, right?

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Looking for the potential english dub of the Ace Attorney anime with Edgeworth keeping his Dual Destinies voice actor Moydow Moydow ?

Also, the new font is called Helvetica? I'm not the only one reminded of Nichijou from that, right?
I actually liked his english voice. His "Objection!" on the other hand...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
In celebration of the anime I got around completing Trials and Tribulations after months of procrastinating.
The ending has too many feels.

Somehow I had an Izumi avatar right now. :laugh:

:231:

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Ireland disintegrated beat Canada in the Rugby World Cup today.

@Raziek, how big is rugby in Canada? I'm gonna say it isn't.

Japan beat South Africa, which is unprecedented in the history of the sport.

For reference's sake, South Africa is one of the best teams in the world; Japan doesn't even compete.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Don't they always? *Kappa*

Yeah a lot of people use joke locations (me included :p).

I don't recall if he was the first person to specifically use that phrase.

Happy 30th to G n' G! Here's to all the broken thumbs, controllers, and dreams!

I didn't, but i claimed copyright first and that's all that matters baby

Top Bottom