• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
@ Célja Célja
I just wanted to say how much I love your signature, it looks VERY nice if I do say so myself!
Thank you c:

I'm actually thinking of editing this up a bit but I'm a little too lazy right now and don't feel like spending hours in Gimp. I'll probably just do what I normally do and spend hours taking photos in Smash instead.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
AFAIK, Lucina's portrayal varies depending on the region, so in the Western versions, she's pretty condescending to Marth and Ike if they lose to her, while in the Japanese version, she's still the usual, respect others character we're used to. :p

But yeh, I'm not a fan of a lot of Smash's character portrayal. Like... "angry" Mario for example.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
AFAIK, Lucina's portrayal varies depending on the region, so in the Western versions, she's pretty condescending to Marth and Ike if they lose to her, while in the Japanese version, she's still the usual, respect others character we're used to. :p

But yeh, I'm not a fan of a lot of Smash's character portrayal. Like... "angry" Mario for example.
Could you blame him. He has to show up happy everytime. Can the man just be serious for once

Not everyone can be :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

I'm not a fan of Mario in Smash, either. He's pretty happy and expressive in his games, but here he is just so serious and angry. Melee got it right with him.

My least favorite portrayal is by far Ganondorf. His moveset isn't accurate to his character; he has a few moves that he has in the games, like his forward aerial and forward tilt, but the moveset isn't Ganondorf.

Soul.

Smash always got :4pikachu: right, hilariously enough
iirc they said they wanted to make the characters look closer to what they look in game, but, y'know...

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Meanwhile, Falco pretty much stays as an *** like he does in Star Fox and to me, becomes more Jojo-like with his side and down taunt and victory poses. Seriously, who magestically stands on one foot and says, "Get some", while having his hand close to his face? Marth becomes more fabulous in Smash than in his own games, right?

My least favorite portrayal is by far Ganondorf. His moveset isn't accurate to his character; he has a few moves that he has in the games, like his forward aerial and forward tilt, but the moveset isn't Ganondorf.
But the Ganondorf face, though. Some people just need to let loose and have fun. :p

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I search "chrom ice cream" and this pops up. @Matsushi.
One part of me wants to let you share it with Mat. The other half wants to claim it for his own because it looks strangely interesting and to have it in the hopes that Sushi-senpai will notice him.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Best one is :4palutena:. it's like she's just having fun and not even trying.

And hot-blooded :4falcon::4feroy:& everything sucks but me attitude of :4mewtwo:

Meanwhile, Falco pretty much stays as an *** like he does in Star Fox and to me, becomes more Jojo-like with his side and down taunt and victory poses. Seriously, who magestically stands on one foot and says, "Get some", while having his hand close to his face? Marth becomes more fabulous in Smash than in his own games, right?

But the Ganondorf face, though. Some people just need to let loose and have fun. :p
Can't unsee this

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Could you blame him. He has to show up happy everytime. Can the man just be serious for once

Not everyone can be :4pacman:
I'm not a fan of Mario in Smash, either. He's pretty happy and expressive in his games, but here he is just so serious and angry. Melee got it right with him.

He got to be srs in Mario Strikers, but see it fit there cause everyone was serious/angry! In Smash, it just... feels out of place. He can be happy and kick butt just like he does in like SMG or somethin' lol

Melee did get ti right, but I think it's mostly due to him still having his "super happy" SM64 voice. xD
I didn't like Brawl Mario's voice, too stoic for me.

D

Deleted member

everything sucks but me attitude of :4mewtwo:
Too bad Mewtwo is kinda... bad. :p Viable, but not completely viable.

Melee did get ti right, but I think it's mostly due to him still having his "super happy" SM64 voice. xD
I didn't like Brawl Mario's voice, too stoic for me.
I agree. I liked his voice in Melee far more than in Brawl because it portrayed him as a cheerful character. Brawl Mario... is a bit too stoic indeed.

And thank god that Luigi got his voice in Brawl. His sped up Mario voice annoyed me and I question why it was like this.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Now when to comes to voices in Smash, I think we can all agree

:fox:>:foxmelee:>:4fox:
:falcomelee:>:4falco:>:falco:

:4pit:>>>>>>:pit:
:4sonic:(Japan)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:sonic:/:4sonic:(USA)

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I agree. I liked his voice in Melee far more than in Brawl because it portrayed him as a cheerful character. Brawl Mario... is a bit too stoic indeed.

And thank god that Luigi got his voice in Brawl. His sped up Mario voice annoyed me and I question why it was like this.
YES, 64/Melee Luigi's voice not being his actual voice but a sped-up version of Mario's was irksome. >__>
Brawl did his voice good justice (by actually giving it to him). Who knows why honestly.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

Don't forget about japan:metaknight:>:4metaknight: Though most of the japanese characters sound better imo (except the Pokemon of the Pokemon Trainer...)

Speaking of japanese characters though, I love how Falcon still speaks full english in the Japanese version of the game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

:fox:>:foxmelee:
:falcomelee:=:falco:

:4pit:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:pit:
:sonic:>:4sonic:(Japan)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:4sonic:(USA)
Had to changes some tiny things
To slow for the Floor Ice Cream

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Speaking of japanese characters though, I love how Falcon still speaks full english in the Japanese version of the game.
That's because Falcons VA is a Japanese man (forgot his name) speaking english.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Don't forget about japan:metaknight:>:4metaknight: Though most of the japanese characters sound better imo (except the Pokemon of the Pokemon Trainer...)

Ehh, I still prefer English voices for :4myfriends::4robinm::4robinf::4shulk:&:4lucario:.

Also I hate how inconsistent with character like :4mario::4luigi::rosalina::4peach::4lucas:&:4zss: for english voices but :4littlemac: of all characters have a Japanese voice actor

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
English SSB4 Fox? "FAIIYUH"
Brawl Fox was the best voice for the character imo.

I enjoy the Japanese Falcos cause they sounds manly AF, but my favorite is English Brawl Falco cause his accent is god-like

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

I enjoy the Japanese Falcos cause they sounds manly AF, but my favorite is English Brawl Falco cause his accent is god-like
Can't go wrong with Brooklyn Falco.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ehh, I still prefer English voices for :4myfriends::4robinm::4robinf::4shulk:&:4lucario:.

Also I hate how inconsistent with character like :4mario::4luigi::rosalina::4peach::4lucas:&:4zss: for english voices but :4littlemac: of all characters have a Japanese voice actor
Atleast Doc Louis still has his English actor. The Japanese gu ly who voices him really sucks honestly.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Can't go wrong with Brooklyn Falco.
Smash 4 Falco beats him but Melee is the best version

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Can't unsee this
What... Is... Whatever... Well, Ganondorf already has the fabulous hair part covered.

One part of me wants to let you share it with Mat. The other half wants to claim it for his own because it looks strangely interesting and to have it in the hopes that Sushi-senpai will notice him.
Listen to your little angel... don't give into the dark side even though they have cookies.

Anyway, ZSS has always been a weird one to me. I get it, she's supposed to be the gymnastics, athletic, flexible, agile fighter *cough*Sheik*cough*, but really, what's with the dominatrix vibes? The victory pose where she lifts her leg up and just grunts? Uh, please leave that in the gym when you're stretching, Samus... I don't need to see crotch for a victory pose. AND then there's her shooting pose. In Brawl, it looked stupid and in Smash 4, it looks stupid. Can't they do something like this?

Instead, we get a really generic shooting pose that exposes ZSS's front. Shooting like that makes your center mass an easy target.

And whatever the hell shooting position this is. Yes, I know, Wolf and Falco's look stupid as well, but stupid in a cheesy, 80's, wannabe gangster, campy way compared to ZSS. It helps that they're not human, so Wolf and Falco doing stupid stuff doesn't register as weird at times.

Utilt is okay from a capoeira-esque aspect, but sometimes, I feel like it's just fanservice. Dem legs... Her freaking jab, dash attack, and Side Smash ****** me off from a martial arts stand point. One, what are you even doing for a jab? ZSS, you're better off doing a backfist with your left hand followed by a double roundhouse like Shaheen in Tekken 7. Man, does this kick look flashy and athletic, huh? Nope, instead, she does a backhand, pistol whip, and a weird elbow. I already ranted about dash attack and Side Smash involving ZSS's spine probably dying. Yes, you're a super soldier, but with those jet heels, I don't think your spine likes being forced to endure even more stress...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What... Is... Whatever... Well, Ganondorf already has the fabulous hair part covered.

Listen to your little angel... don't give into the dark side even though they have cookies.

Anyway, ZSS has always been a weird one to me. I get it, she's supposed to be the gymnastics, athletic, flexible, agile fighter *cough*Sheik*cough*, but really, what's with the dominatrix vibes? The victory pose where she lifts her leg up and just grunts? Uh, please leave that in the gym when you're stretching, Samus... I don't need to see crotch for a victory pose. AND then there's her shooting pose. In Brawl, it looked stupid and in Smash 4, it looks stupid. Can't they do something like this?

Instead, we get a really generic shooting pose that exposes ZSS's front. Shooting like that makes your center mass an easy target.

And whatever the hell shooting position this is. Yes, I know, Wolf and Falco's look stupid as well, but stupid in a cheesy, 80's, wannabe gangster, campy way compared to ZSS. It helps that they're not human, so Wolf and Falco doing stupid stuff doesn't register as weird at times.

Utilt is okay from a capoeira-esque aspect, but sometimes, I feel like it's just fanservice. Dem legs... Her freaking jab, dash attack, and Side Smash ****** me off from a martial arts stand point. One, what are you even doing for a jab? ZSS, you're better off doing a backfist with your left hand followed by a double roundhouse like Shaheen in Tekken 7. Man, does this kick look flashy and athletic, huh? Nope, instead, she does a backhand, pistol whip, and a weird elbow. I already ranted about dash attack and Side Smash involving ZSS's spine probably dying. Yes, you're a super soldier, but with those jet heels, I don't think your spine likes being forced to endure even more stress...
Chozo DNA. Don't question it

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

She has been in space for a long time, so I don't think her spine is much of a problem.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

But I like Brawl Sonic's voice. What's his Japanese like?

I think in terms of characteristics, :4sonic: is one of the best portrayed, even more so in Brawl.

As a huge Zelda fan, don't even get me started on this.

Wrong character
(Flashing light/epilepsy warning)
Wrong again!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
aka the poopy version
If I was a Mother/Earthbound fan, I'd maybe agree with you...but I'm not.

Also, does Lucas live after the ending of Mother 3, or was it all a dark and twisted dream? I checked it out, and was super confused.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Name: Joshua
Class: Mage
Subclass: Archer, Priest, Tactician
Stats: High Magic and Speed, Decent Skill and Resistance, Poor HP and Defense.
Quirk: The one who talks to himself the most in the army.
Recruitment Requirement: Aimlessly wandering outside the Barracks, talking to himself. :p
Starting Skills: Miracle, Adept, Focus
Starting Weaponry: Thunder, Wilderwind, Secret Book.
Critical Hit Quote: "Coming through!" "Let's end this outright!" "And for good measure...!"
Victory Quote: "OK, keep it together." "All right, it's over." "What's done is done."
never mind, need to make some changes.

Class: Mage
Subclass: Archer, Mercenary
Stats: High Magic and Speed, OK Skill and Luck, subpar Resistance, poor HP and Defense. Constitution rating of 8.
Quirk: Mumbles to himself often.
Recruitment Requirement: Appears on the map as an Other Unit. Doesn't attack on the map, need to talk to 3 times to get his full attention.
Starting Skills: Miracle, Focus
Starting Weaponry: Thunder, Wilderwind, Secret Book.
Critical Hit Quote(s): "Incoming!" "Let's end this outright!" "And for good measure!..."
Victory Quote: "K, now where were we?" "What's done is done." "So that happened."

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382

I don't know, Robin at least can talk. And gets girls like Link gets Heart Containers.

Besides, I like Male Robin's VA. He sounds like a pretty cool guy. Like the type you'd read about in books.
the only reason robin gets girls is because he works in a team. Link flys solo and still gets more digits.

Top Bottom