• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yep. Both boards were merged together.
I wanted to celebrate early, thinking it wouldn't happen until school started. Atleast the Dark Pit mains can get some love from the Pits.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Omg, look at all those pages.

You guys decide to be super active when I can't post in the forum. That's not fair.:sadsheep:but continue, plz.

On another note, @Benishigure, is that dramatical murder I see in your avatar and sign? And, on top of that, Koujaku, my favorite pick of the game?:awesome:

You have good tastes, dear.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I want Nowi's dress.

Incidentally, 'cos I just finished rewatching it for the umpteenth time:

EVERYTHING RIGHT ABOUT DARKER THAN BLACK:

- Great setting with a rich atmosphere that just oozes style and tension
- Dynamic, well-developed characters, each with their own distinct motivation and backstory
- Narrative examines every character from their own perspective while never becoming overburdened by content
- Detailed, intricate story with many good characters
- Production values are very good
- Excellent action sequences
- Soundtrack is absolutely outstanding
- Tackles some very important themes without ever becoming didactic

EVERYTHING WRONG ABOUT DARKER THAN BLACK:

- Some stories can carry on for a while before the narrative gets anywhere relevant
- Episodic nature can distract from the overall narrative
- Complex narrative can become convoluted at times
- Second season undermines everything decent in the first season and turns it into a cruel joke

Definitely among my favourite anime of all time. Cool, stylish, creative and just incredibly fun to watch. It's Mission: Impossble meets X-Men - what more need I say? Just steer clear of the godawful second season and we're good to go.
Finally, someone mentions Darker than Black in this thread. You're pretty much dead-on with all of your points. I do also find it interesting how in the first season

basically every new female character introduced in an arc eventually dies. The women in that show, I swear. Even the pseduo-Storm lady, who survives season 1, dies in the very first episode of season 2. But we won't talk about season 2 anymore.[/spoiler}

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Finally, someone mentions Darker than Black in this thread. You're pretty much dead-on with all of your points. I do also find it interesting how in the first season

basically every new female character introduced in an arc eventually dies. The women in that show, I swear. Even the pseduo-Storm lady, who survives season 1, dies in the very first episode of season 2. But we won't talk about season 2 anymore.
Darker Than Black da bess~ :3

Well, let's see...

Chiaki Shinada, Havoc, Amber, Toshiko, Brita, Alice Wang, Moku Corrina, Shihoko, Alma, Bai (except she is technically alive)...

On the other side of the equation, Yin, Misaki Kirihara, Kiko Kayanuma and the (to quote the voice actors) "astro-hotties" make it out alive.

Damn. That's a pretty hefty death toll.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Ed, Edd, n' Eddy is the greatest thing Canada has ever produced. Sorry for spreading objective truths.
As a straight up comedy, yeah, it's pretty good and holds up well.

Not the greatest thing ever, though. :rolleyes:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If any character in FE4 is going to be more broken than Sigurd, they're probably going to be a Master Knight:
Fire Emblem - Seisen no Keifu003.png

No prizes for guessing why this class hasn't been seen since then. :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
As a straight up comedy, yeah, it's pretty good and holds up well.

Not the greatest thing ever, though. :rolleyes:
It is the third best thing out of Canada

First Best is Punch Out Wii. Second best is Mario Strikers series. I LOVE YOU NEXT LEVEL GAMES

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If any character in FE4 is going to be more broken than Sigurd, they're probably going to be a Master Knight:
View attachment 68318
No prizes for guessing why this class hasn't been seen since then. :p
Usable Weapon Types
Sword, Lance, Axe, Bow, Staff,Fire, Thunder, Wind, Light

Yeah, I can see what you mean.

Matsushi

True Blood
Ed, Edd n' Eddy was definitely my favorite cartoon back in the day. The humour was absolutely hilarious and quite stupid eg. ridiculous sound effects, dim characters and such. Also, each episode, despite being rather repetitive with Eddy's need for jawbreakers, still maintained said humour and didn't become stale at all.
But really, the best thing about that show was Ed, particularly when he ran;

Johnny Bravo was also one of my favorites. Courage the Cowardly Dog however, scared the absolute crap out of me when I was a kid. That show was spooky as hell, and I still wonder why it was specifically aimed towards child audiences.
I made a thing!

I think @ Matsushi Matsushi will approve of my music choice.
Awww yisss! A+++ music. :happysheep:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I was not a fan of Ed, Edd, And Eddy.

Never really appealed to me when I watched it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That is Ed.

This is also Ed.

Bass.EXE was such a horrid edgelord.

I really didn't like him at all. He's probably one of the worst characters from the BN series aside from Zero.EXE (which is non-canon)

Top Bottom