• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Here's a Robin related question for you all: if Robin (or Tactician) does become playable, do you think he/she will return in future Smash games, even if Robin him/herself does not appear in future Fire Emblem titles?
I'll awnser your question with another question. How long do you think it will take for us to have another main line Fire emblem game with a non blue haired magic user?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Here's a Robin related question for you all: if Robin (or Tactician) does become playable, do you think he/she will return in future Smash games, even if Robin him/herself does not appear in future Fire Emblem titles?
Ike came back even though he hasn't been in a game since Radiant Dawn (sans Awakening DLC which doesn't exactly count), so I don't see how Robin's situation would be any different especially considering he/she'd actually bring something new to the Fire Emblem representation table.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Ike came back even though he hasn't been in a game since Radiant Dawn (sans Awakening DLC which doesn't exactly count), so I don't see how Robin's situation would be any different especially considering he/she'd actually bring something new to the Fire Emblem representation table.
FOR THE LOVE OF-*Banned*

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Looks like we're in the "shenanigans and rambling part" of the meat sandwich.

Also, I hate the 4th of July. Fireworks EVERYWHERE!

Hong

The Strongest
I revised my moveset to drop the sword and improve the specials a bit to be more trap-focused. If you've seen it before, you can skip it.
My vision of Robin is a spell-caster who relies on traps. Wearing such a heavy robe over a surcoat and armour adds quite a bit of weight, granting Robin an above-average weight class but holding back her mobility in air and on ground. As far as appearances go, Robin can be played as either gender with the respective hair style. Her tome colour, hair style and hair colour change with her colour palette.

Specials
:GCB:
Ignis
Robin opens her tome and the pages begin to turn. When fully charged, the tome is shut and will begin to glow. Ignis will empower the next smash attack or special, granting increased knockback and damage, as well as the trademark cascade of flower petals.

:GCB::GCR:
Thoron
Launches a ball of spark that will pause in the air after a short travel distance. After hovering for three seconds, it flies in the direction of the nearest enemy. Like with Link's Boomerang, you can influence the direction and distance that Thoron travels when you launch it with the control stick.

This move normally passes through people as it damages them, but with Ignis, it explodes and launches them instead.

:GCB::GCD:
Bolganone
Robin motions her hand as the ground rumbles and a trail of fire follows floor. After B is released, Bolganone is activated, erupting as a pillar of flame with great damage and launch power.

:GCB::GCU:
Galeforce
Robin spreads her arms and spirals upwards with a pillar of wind (which can be curved), before coming down with a downward spiral kick after she reaches the apex. If you connect with the second part of the attack, Robin kicks off of them to regain her jump.

Ignis is only applied on the kick, and she can grab the ledge on the way up or down.

Final Smash: Calamity
Robin begins to radiate a dark aura, falling to her knees as Grima tries to wrest control of her mind. The fel dragon emerges from the background as he smashes the stage with both fists, causing spikes to erupt on both the surface and sides of the stage, dealing significant damage and having excellent launch power. The spikes come out a bit staggered so it's very difficult to avoid on smaller stages. After the assault, the dark aura fades and Robin regains control of herself.

Smash Attacks
:GCCR:
A two-part attack beginning with a palm strike.. On connection, lightning strikes the enemy from above and they are blasted away.
:GCCD:
Punches the ground, sending waves of flame to either side. The waves travel further on a higher charge.
:GCCU:
Raises her fist upwards, encasing herself in a furious tornado, hitting foes nearby and above.

Aerial Attacks
:GCA:
Extends her arms and does a single spin, assisted with wind. You can chain multiples of this at low percentages if you are good at it.
:GCR: (Forward)
Robin's foot is engorged with dark flame as she does a single spin kick. Come out fast and hits hard.
:GCL:(Back)
Turns around and extends her palm before creating a blast of flame. This is comparable to Zelda's upper aerial in both might and precision, though has very different application.
:GCD:
Spreads her legs and punches directly below her, coming out fast but with limited range. If this connects the moment it comes out, it delivers a fierce meteor smash, engulfing the enemy in dark flames.
:GCU:
Robin clenches a fist above, creating a mass of multi-hitting electricity. Not great for damage and has little launch power, but it has high priority so it's good for fending off aerial attackers.

Normals
:GCA::GCA::GCA:
A left hook with wind, a right hook with lightning, and ends with a kick of flames.
:GCA::GCR:
Performs a horizontal chop, hand engulfed in flame.
:GCA::GCU:
Holds her book above her head and spreads it open with both hands. The pages turn and create a gust of wind magic.
:GCA::GCD:
Swipes her hand low, creating a splash of electricity on the ground.
:GCA: (Dash Attack)
Vanishes with the wind while she dashes, reappearing a short distance ahead and damaging everyone on her way.

Throws
Sends dark flames coursing through the body of her prey.
Delivers a fiery punch to the face of who ever she is holding.
:GCL: (Backwards)
Both Robin and her prey are encased in a tornado and Robin lets them loose.
Throws them up and blasts them away with electricity.
Robin forces them to their knees and slams the tome shut on their face with both hands.

Flair

Taunts
Holds her tome and bows as she quips "Now that's strategy!"
:GCL::GCR:
Pulls out a Bronze Sword, looks at it, and shrugs before stowing it away again.:troll:
Pulls up her hood and looks at the screen, eyes red with evil.

Victory Poses:
#1:
Sits there reading her tome, completely oblivious to the camera.

#2:
Starts facing away from the camera and burning with dark flames, turns to the camera to show red eyes under the darkened cowl. A dagger of lightning magic can be seen in her hand.

#3:
Features Lissa who runs up to hug Robin, Chrom walks over and puts a hand on Robin's shoulder
Chrom: "Good work!"
Lissa: "I knew you could do it!"
Robin: "Heh. Thanks, friends."

#3 alt:
Robin throws her tome into the air, spins and catches it before uttering a number of phrases.

"Predictable!'
"Exactly as planned."
"Simple enough."
"For Chrom, Ylisse, and everyone I love... I won't let you down."

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
It'd depend on if anyone else takes that niche, so to speak. If, by the time SSB5 rolls around, a newer Fire Emblem game has a new major character who uses the Tactician class or some other melee/magic hybrid class, they would probably get the nod. If not, though, I could see Robin sticking around if s/he was popular enough in SSB4.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I think it's WAY too early to know whether or not Robin will be in Smash 5, even if s/he is in Smash 4.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
It'd depend on if anyone else takes that niche, so to speak. If, by the time SSB5 rolls around, a newer Fire Emblem game has a new major character who uses the Tactician class or some other melee/magic hybrid class, they would probably get the nod. If not, though, I could see Robin sticking around if s/he was popular enough in SSB4.
And s/he will be a descendant of Robin named "Nibor".

I think it's WAY too early to know whether or not Robin will be in Smash 5, even if s/he is in Smash 4.
It is, but we're just playing around with the idea.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I believe there's a good chance he/she would, but probably only as either "Tactician" or whatever the MU would be at the time.
I revised my moveset to drop the sword and improve the specials a bit to be more trap-focused. If you've seen it before, you can skip it.
I really like that moveset for some of it's technical aspects but I don't think Robin should drop the sword in favor of punching/kicking. A move or two with punching and kicking like in my moveset is fine IMO, but I don't think either of the two major weapons he/she uses should be neglected, even though swords are overused in Smash.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'd be perfectly fine is we had an Avatar/Tactician placeholder for FE rep in Smash. So yeah, if they choose to begin that with Robin in SSB4, cool. Then later down the road, Robin can be replaced with Nibor, the great descendant.

Hong

The Strongest
No. Replace Robin with the latest blue-haired swordsman.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hokori

Great King of Evil
No. Replace Robin with the latest blue-haired swordsman.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Plot Twist: Nibor is the latest blue-haired swordsman. They're disabling the hair color feature in customization next go 'round. Please understand.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Seriously speaking, I actually do like blue hair. It is awesome.
Indeed. Blue is my favorite color. I wonder what yours is...

Fire emblem: Deep slumber. Starring: Nibor the blue haired spellsword, Krume the white haired Falchion wielding tactician and Micaiah the mysterious woman that came from a portal.
And Lyn...please let it have Lyn.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Robin is the best choice for a third representative, even for the blue-hair-loving camp.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Fire emblem: Deep slumber. Starring: Nibor the blue haired spellsword, Krume the white haired Falchion wielding tactician and Micaiah the mysterious woman that came from a portal.
Interesting.

Also, the next 6 games of the franchise should have respectively: a blue haired, axe-wielding semi-comic relief pirate; a blue haired, extremely arrogant and talented lance-user; an extremely disciplined blue-haired Monk; a surly and tough blue-haired Shaman; a blue-haired, axe-weilding gladiator out for justice and glory and a completely optimistic blue-haired fighter that primarily uses weak magic and bows.

Variety!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'd still like to see a Dark Mage lead.
An anti-hero, maybe? That would legitimately be interesting and different from what has been established. It certainly an idea, that, if fleshed out and handled very well, can end up a fresh breath of air.

D

Deleted member

Robin is the best choice for a third representative, even for the blue-hair-loving camp.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well to be fair, Robin can be a Blue-Haired Sword User, and she technically is a "Lord" because she is

The Son of Validar, who becomes king of Plegia and is thus royalty, although if you count the Grimleal then Robin has "royal/honored blood" anyways. :awesome:

Robin sounds pretty Blue-Haierd Sword "Lord" to me, I'll roll with it.

Also:

My vision of Robin is a spell-caster who relies on traps. Wearing such a heavy robe over a surcoat and armour adds quite a bit of weight, granting Robin an above-average weight class but holding back her mobility in air and on ground. As far as appearances go, Robin can be played as either gender with the respective hair style. Her tome colour, hair style and hair colour change with her colour palette.

Specials
:GCB:
Ignis
Robin opens her tome and the pages begin to turn. When fully charged, the tome is shut and will begin to glow. Ignis will empower the next smash attack or special, granting increased knockback and damage, as well as the trademark cascade of flower petals.

:GCB::GCR:
Thoron
Launches a ball of spark that will pause in the air after a short travel distance. After hovering for three seconds, it flies in the direction of the nearest enemy. Like with Link's Boomerang, you can influence the direction and distance that Thoron travels when you launch it with the control stick.

This move normally passes through people as it damages them, but with Ignis, it explodes and launches them instead.

:GCB::GCD:
Bolganone
Robin motions her hand as the ground rumbles and a trail of fire follows floor. After B is released, Bolganone is activated, erupting as a pillar of flame with great damage and launch power.

:GCB::GCU:
Galeforce
Robin spreads her arms and spirals upwards with a pillar of wind (which can be curved), before coming down with a downward spiral kick after she reaches the apex. If you connect with the second part of the attack, Robin kicks off of them to regain her jump.

Ignis is only applied on the kick, and she can grab the ledge on the way up or down.

Final Smash: Calamity
Robin begins to radiate a dark aura, falling to her knees as Grima tries to wrest control of her mind. The fel dragon emerges from the background as he smashes the stage with both fists, causing spikes to erupt on both the surface and sides of the stage, dealing significant damage and having excellent launch power. The spikes come out a bit staggered so it's very difficult to avoid on smaller stages. After the assault, the dark aura fades and Robin regains control of herself.

Smash Attacks
:GCCR:
A two-part attack beginning with a palm strike.. On connection, lightning strikes the enemy from above and they are blasted away.
:GCCD:
Punches the ground, sending waves of flame to either side. The waves travel further on a higher charge.
:GCCU:
Raises her fist upwards, encasing herself in a furious tornado, hitting foes nearby and above.

Aerial Attacks
Extends her arms and does a single spin, assisted with wind. You can chain multiples of this at low percentages if you are good at it.
Robin's foot is engorged with dark flame as she does a single spin kick. Come out fast and hits hard.
:GCL:(Back)
Turns around and extends her palm before creating a blast of flame. This is comparable to Zelda's upper aerial in both might and precision, though has very different application.
Spreads her legs and punches directly below her, coming out fast but with limited range. If this connects the moment it comes out, it delivers a fierce meteor smash, engulfing the enemy in dark flames.
Robin clenches a fist above, creating a mass of multi-hitting electricity. Not great for damage and has little launch power, but it has high priority so it's good for fending off aerial attackers.

Normals
:GCA::GCA::GCA:
A left hook with wind, a right hook with lightning, and ends with a kick of flames.
:GCA::GCR:
Performs a horizontal chop, hand engulfed in flame.
:GCA::GCU:
Holds her book above her head and spreads it open with both hands. The pages turn and create a gust of wind magic.
:GCA::GCD:
Swipes her hand low, creating a splash of electricity on the ground.
:GCA: (Dash Attack)
Vanishes with the wind while she dashes, reappearing a short distance ahead and damaging everyone on her way.

Throws
Sends dark flames coursing through the body of her prey.
Delivers a fiery punch to the face of who ever she is holding.
:GCL: (Backwards)
Both Robin and her prey are encased in a tornado and Robin lets them loose.
Throws them up and blasts them away with electricity.
Robin forces them to their knees and slams the tome shut on their face with both hands.

Flair

Taunts
Holds her tome and bows as she quips "Now that's strategy!"
:GCL::GCR:
Pulls out a Bronze Sword, looks at it, and shrugs before stowing it away again.:troll:
Pulls up her hood and looks at the screen, eyes red with evil.

Victory Poses:
#1:
Sits there reading her tome, completely oblivious to the camera.

#2:
Starts facing away from the camera and burning with dark flames, turns to the camera to show red eyes under the darkened cowl. A dagger of lightning magic can be seen in her hand.

#3:
Features Lissa who runs up to hug Robin, Chrom walks over and puts a hand on Robin's shoulder
Chrom: "Good work!"
Lissa: "I knew you could do it!"
Robin: "Heh. Thanks, friends."

#3 alt:
Robin throws her tome into the air, spins and catches it before uttering a number of phrases.

"Predictable!'
"Exactly as planned."
"Simple enough."
"For Chrom, Ylisse, and everyone I love... I won't let you down."
*Blaring Sirens*

GIANT TEXT WALL INBOUND.

Please wait...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hong

The Strongest
An anti-hero, maybe? That would legitimately be interesting and different from what has been established. It certainly an idea, that, if fleshed out and handled very well, can end up a fresh breath of air.
Yeah.

Walhart's story is a good basis. A want a Lord who has to conquer the land in order to save it from itself. Perhaps a Lehran's Medallion like relic can be involved... Only it requires death to remain sealed.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I hope The Donnel gets a spin-off game on eShop.

-Traps 101 featuring Donny & Robin
-Math & Science 4 Kids featuring Donny & Miriel
-Farming 101 featuring Donny & Kellam
-Proper Etiquette featuring Donny & Maribelle

The kids would love Donnel! And he's quite the ladies man. He could reach S support with so many 1st Gen units.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
If there ever was a anti-hero lead I'd hope people would recognize Soren as that. I felt way more connected to him than I did Ike, though I did like both a lot...

Then again there was always that underlying suspicion that Soren could have been a traitor...
I'm SO glad they didn't go the stereotypical road on that.

Hong

The Strongest
If there ever was a anti-hero lead I'd hope people would recognize Soren as that. I felt way more connected to him than I did Ike, though I did like both a lot...

Then again there was always that underlying suspicion that Soren could have been a traitor...
Soren was realistic, and unlike Shinon, more blunt than being merely temperamental.

He's great. I loved the heated discussions that happened among the Greil Mercenaries.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Ugh, I always thought it would end up being Soren until Soren confronted Nasir and I realized it was actually Nasir. :p

Soren is a great character, although for whatever reason Ilyana is still my favorite Tellius character. ^^

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Aw yeah. Honestly, if the game hadn't gone for the Traitor Storyline at all I would've seen Soren much more as one of, if not the key protagonists. Closer to the role that Robin would later fill. Not sure if that's just odd of me or if that's the reason why he is as well liked as he is.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I always name my customizable characters after myself, so I named my Robin after me... Which Nintendo told me was a cuss word and wouldn't be used on street pass.

Conner. That's my name. Nintendo's censors think it's a cuss word. Pokemon Y went so far as to make me change it entirely. My character in that is named "Conn."

Srsly Nintendo. -_-

Hong

The Strongest
I always name my customizable characters after myself, so I named my Robin after me... Which Nintendo told me was a cuss word and wouldn't be used on street pass.

Conner. That's my name. Nintendo's censors think it's a cuss word. Pokemon Y went so far as to make me change it entirely. My character in that is named "Conn."

Srsly Nintendo. -_-
Yeah. Seriously Nintendo. Sounds like you were Conned out of a game.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

Srsly Nintendo. -_-

Oh wait, wrong Conn.

Top Bottom