• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Nah (a better tactician than her father), Gerome (who was son of Donnel) and Yarne who strangely become the best berserker I had ever had (Gaius + Panne)

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I would've said Donnel because I love the guy, but he doesn't prove to be as effective in the higher difficulties (at least for me). Funny how you refer to him as "The Donnel" though. I do that too.

Another question would be, aside from the children, who were your better units?

I always went with Kjelle as Vaike's daughter. Passed down Axefaire due to Vaike's access to the Barbarian tree and let her go to town. I have her as a tanking Hero using a Sol + Vantage combo. She stays alive and kills everything. Love her.
Well i made her the daughter of Donnel for Galeforce, and thanks to sol and vantage she can still tank pretty well.

D

Deleted member

I would've said Donnel because I love the guy, but he doesn't prove to be as effective in the higher difficulties (at least for me). Funny how you refer to him as "The Donnel" though. I do that too.

Another question would be, aside from the children, who were your better units?

I always went with Kjelle as Vaike's daughter. Passed down Axefaire due to Vaike's access to the Barbarian tree and let her go to town. I have her as a tanking Hero using a Sol + Vantage combo. She stays alive and kills everything. Love her.
Tiki, Vaike, Stahl, MU. Cherche as an honorable mention.

There was one fight I had in the earlier chapters where Vaike single-handedly cut the enemy's numbers in half.

Tiki devoured everything in sight.

If I had to say "bad" characters I would say Libra, he took forever to develop for me. Gregor also struggled a little bit.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Tiki, Vaike, Stahl, MU. Cherche as an honorable mention.

There was one fight I had in the earlier chapters where Vaike single-handedly cut the enemy's numbers in half.

Tiki devoured everything in sight.

If I had to say "bad" characters I would say Libra, he took forever to develop for me. Gregor also struggled a little bit.
Mine were Sumia, Cordelia, Chrom and Gregor. Out of all of the non-Avatar/Children units, I enjoyed their stats and skill-sets the most. They turned out quite well for 1st Generation units :)

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Cherche as an honorable mention.
Literal death with wings. Tied with Vaike for the best strength score out of the non-SpotPass first gen. She has two good uses:

1) Fly her next to an Archer, equip a nice axe like a hammer or Killer Axe and have the Archer attack with a Towering/Long Bow. Bam! Flattened General from four cells away!
2) One of the best pairings as a Griffon Rider. She can get anyone anywhere fast thanks to Deliverer, and while she is paired up she will hit HARD. Not to mention the Griffon Rider has great support bonuses with that oh-so-coveted +1 mov.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I'm in support of a special edition Robin in Villager class that made use of the wondrous and oh so rare Tree Banch, Log, and Ladle items.
I remember on one playthrough I forged a ladle as much as I could, renamed it "DEATHSPOON," (all caps, of course) and gave it to Severa. Seeing her beat the hell out of Validar and Aversa with a giant spoon was so satisfying.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
I also just want to throw out there that @ Gingerbread Man Gingerbread Man has given me permission to add new movesets and supporters to the first post. If you want to be added to the list of Tacticians, just post and I'll get to it. ( ' ▽ ')/
I didn't think we would have to ask... but i'm still here...

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
My best units? Hard to say since I always had everybody paired up, but my three favorite teams where:

Robin/Tiki. Tiki just has stupid good stats. Then I gave her Limit Breaker.
And Robin is always amazing.

Morgan/Inigo: Morgan keeps doing her thing and is the most adorable destroyer of worlds. Used Inigo as a Sniper and he was wonderful, too.

Laurent/Severa: Started trying out some characters this game and Laurent positively surprised me. In the end he just couldn't die anymore and killed everything on a counter. And with Severa in tow his team also had a good offensive with Galeforce.

Honorable mention to team Gregor/Lon'qu. For a team without access to incredible stats or Galeforce they really managed to pull their weight. Only had them in my lineup because I like both characters so much. Lon'qu just looks cool and Gregor is cool guy, yes?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Whelp, I'm at the chapter where I need to level up Nino to 20 and promote her in the same chapter. Let's see if I can pull it off this time. :p I want to get Nino's convo with Sonia without her getting slaughtered. (Oh, wait, I don't get a Guiding Ring in this chapter, so that means I have to wait until after I kill Sonia. Oh well.)

Annoying that I can't talk about Awakening. Don't have a 3DS and don't plan on getting one. My wife wants to get a 3DS, though... Maybe eventually I could play it, but not for a while.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
It's been a very long time since my last playthrough, over a year probably, but I remember my best unit was Morgan (male) on a Wyvern (because Wyverns are cool).

So what's new over these last couple of days?
Mostly shenanigans and more analysis sessions regarding why Robin is infinitely more awesome then Google Chrome.

Last edited:

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
I saw this link on the Waddle Dee thread.

It is obviously outdated as Palutena was already confirmed, but reading it, something bringed my attention.

Other: Shulk gets quite a lot of requests. Shulk is easily the most requested Nintendo character from a series not represented yet with a playable character in Smash Bros. A distant second would be Starfy. There are several Japanese Smash fans that mention Punch-Out and Little Mac's "overseas" popularity. Isaac (Robin in Japan) and Matthew get few requests. Saki and Isa also get few requests.
What are the chances of Issac having the same name as Robin in Japan mess up his/her addition? Call him/her Tactician?

Also, no japanese requests for Robin make me a sad person. :ohwell:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

It is obviously outdated as Palutena was already confirmed, but reading it, something bringed my attention.

Other: Shulk gets quite a lot of requests. Shulk is easily the most requested Nintendo character from a series not represented yet with a playable character in Smash Bros. A distant second would be Starfy. There are several Japanese Smash fans that mention Punch-Out and Little Mac's "overseas" popularity. Isaac (Robin in Japan) and Matthew get few requests. Saki and Isa also get few requests.
What are the chances of Issac having the same name as Robin in Japan mess up his/her addition? Call him/her Tactician?

Robin is called "Rufure" in Japan. I wouldn't worry about something like that, considering that Fire Emblem is much more popular than the Golden Sun series in Japan.

Hong

The Strongest
Japan:
Isaac is Robin, Robin is Refure

North America:
Isaac is Isaac, Robin is Robin

Also, it's not like I never seen Japanese fans vouch for the character, but it's not like I care which characters are popular, anyway.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.

This made me realise something. When ever i go and see people suggesting Fire emblem reps i never see them suggest robin. But when i do, i almost always get the same amount of attention as all other suggestions. Its like every one wants robin, but for some reason can't remember him at all.

Hong

The Strongest
This made me realise something. When ever i go and see people suggesting Fire emblem reps i never see them suggest robin. But when i do, i almost always get the same amount of attention as all other suggestions. Its like every one wants robin, but for some reason can't remember him at all.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Sweet revenge.

This is for not noticing me when I was waving up my hands trying to get your attention in Ferox.
This is for being scared of my "sudden appearance" at The Longfort.
This is for not noticing my disappearance after our journey ended in Ylisse.
I WILL BE REMEMBERED FOREVER

@ Narwalgod Narwalgod - But it was oh so fitting!

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Look Hong, reposting fanart you didnt make is one thing. But making it worse by removing the face isn't living up to your title of mod.
Well, technically it's an official art, but gah! You got me!

D

Deleted member

Look Hong, reposting fanart you didnt make is one thing. But making it worse by removing the face isn't living up to your title of mod.
I'm going to assume you're joking and are aware of Kellam's "problem" in Awakening.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Sweet revenge.

This is for not noticing me when I was waving up my hands trying to get your attention in Ferox.
This is for being scared of my "sudden appearance" at The Longfort.
This is for not noticing my disappearance after our journey ended in Ylisse.
I WILL BE REMEMBERED FOREVER

@ Narwalgod Narwalgod - But it was oh so fitting!
Who are you talking about hokori?

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
I am narwalgod. I have slept for so long i can no longer remember who or what i am. I have slept for so long i no longer understand what the hell is going on in this thread... But i do remember on thing...I am evil and someone has come to slay me...Are you that person?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I am narwalgod. I have slept for so long i can no longer remember who or what i am. I have slept for so long i no longer understand what the hell is going on in this thread... But i do remember on thing...I am evil and someone has come to slay me...Are you that person?
Robin is.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Whomever you want he/she to be. You can be Robin as well. Meaning you're capable of slaying yourself. You were meant to be evil, but you've done so many great things. You just don't remember. Go back to sleep. When you wake up, we'll fill you in on the all details.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Whomever you want he/she to be. You can be Robin as well. Meaning you're capable of slaying yourself. You were meant to be evil, but you've done so many great things. You just don't remember. Go back to sleep. When you wake up, we'll fill you in on the all details.
HA..Ha..ha..ha When all of this is over... you better wake me up.. Or else.. Or else... ill live up to my name... So don't you forget about me... Estark...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Here's a Robin related question for you all: if Robin (or Tactician) does become playable, do you think he/she will return in future Smash games, even if Robin him/herself does not appear in future Fire Emblem titles?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Here's a Robin related question for you all: if Robin (or Tactician) does become playable, do you think he/she will return in future Smash games, even if Robin him/herself does not appear in future Fire Emblem titles?
I don't think so, honestly. But you never can be sure with Sakurai. I thought Lucario would only be in Brawl.

Top Bottom