• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Did you guys know that Iwata was an executive producer for every Fire Emblem game since the first Fire Emblem game (Rekka no Ken aka LYn's game)?
Executive producer is just what they call the president of Nintendo in a game's credits. He's listed as executive producer for every game that Nintendo released during his presidency, as was Hiroshi Yamauchi for every game released until he retired in 2002. It doesn't necessarily mean they actually worked on the game.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
stage 1 Denial: No guys you guys are ****ing shady liars man. ya'll ain't funny LOL

stage 2 Anger: GOD ****ING DAMN IT ALL. NINTENDO DIRECTS WILL NEVER B THE SAME!

stage 3 bargaining: Maybe if we find some doctor who is good enough, he can live a couple more days... it can work... Right?

Stage 4 depression: this is.... terrible...no... awful! I may go join him.

Stage 5 acceptance: Well... he was a great president. R.I.P iwata.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Wow, I never knew he was ill. I was really starting to look forward to seeing him in all the big events too. Rest in Peace Iwata.

That's pretty neat...well...I have played with Robin for a few months now and well...I guess...I'm ok...with him...but he is a very complex character to learn...I used to main Sonic beforehand...but a lot people said I play better with Robin so yeah...that's my story...if anyone wants to add me on miiverse to have some Smash matches I'd be glad to accept...my username is the same as my smashboards page. I'll do my best :)
Shoot, if I had read this post earlier I would've asked you if you were down for some Robin dittos. But I have plans to go out in a bit. Oh well, maybe some other time.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Still shocking to hear that this adorable person had passed away. I don't want to believe it and it's just too unfortunate that it's come to this. I loved his presence during the Nintendo Directs, they'll never be the same again without him. I genuinely liked Iwata too and seeing all these photos of him repping a golden smile makes me feel even more heartbroken. I honestly can't see anyone else that can run Nintendo the same way he did and it was clear as day that the man cared so much about his company. He truly was a respectable figure.

Please rest easy, Iwata-san. Condolences to his friends and family, you'll be missed dearly.

Last edited:

AngelStar291

Smash Cadet
NNID
AngelStar291
Wow, I never knew he was ill. I was really starting to look forward to seeing him in all the big events too. Rest in Peace Iwata.

Shoot, if I had read this post earlier I would've asked you if you were down for some Robin dittos. But I have plans to go out in a bit. Oh well, maybe some other time.
Just add me whenever ;)

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
In an effort to cheer up this thread a little bit, here are the modern versions of Kamui and Azura.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
It is very sad to learn that Satoru Iwata has passed away. I... I don't know what else to say other than to give his family his condolences.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Feels like a brick just hit me in the head. So sad to hear his passing was at such an early age.

R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. Thanks for helping to make my childhood as enjoyable as it was.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
In an effort to cheer up this thread a little bit, here are the modern versions of Kamui and Azura.

These are adorable, thank you!

I know this song has no real connection to Iwata or Nintendo, but it still fills me with such hope and happiness in dark times, so I just wanted to share that with all of you.

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Iwata's influence can be felt on Smash Bros., Fire Emblem, the entire gaming industry. I didn't think Fire Emblem Fates would be the last Iwata Asks. He really did know how to give insight into the inner workings of Nintendo. He will be missed.

Matsushi

True Blood
I swear I'm gonna play ALL the Nintendo games I own tomorrow because seriously this man was responsible for so much joy throughout my childhood up until now. His legacy will never be forgotten.

That said, it's now my bedtime. I wish you all a goodnight everyone

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
These are adorable, thank you!

I know this song has no real connection to Iwata or Nintendo, but it still fills me with such hope and happiness in dark times, so I just wanted to share that with all of you.

It's funny, because I actually went to Kingdom Hearts music to help cheer me up ;-;

One last post about this from me
Fan Art:

9gag pays respects in their own way
And finally Sony shows they care

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Alright. I'm tarrying too long on my Satoru Iwata 2-Day Honor Gaming Marathon sticking around with all this justified grief. Just going to stick around for a video and get out of here. Balloon Fight, Earthbound, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland. Hoh boy, Nightmare in Dreamland. A remake of Kirby's Adventure, which he very much helped direct, unlike the previous Kirby's Adventure which he coded himself. Kirby's my favorite character of all time! Tomorrow we round out the Smash series. We got Melee... oh gods. Melee! The other game that started me off into my passionate fandom of Smash! Couldn't forget how Brawl and now Wii U/3DS have taken one of my favorite video game franchises with me to this day!

I shall also find some way to fit in a Miiverse drawing, a short story, and documentation of a few little game projects I had in mind. If this man can die with a legacy of hard work and meritment, surely it can inspire me to cherish the life I will to craft for myself and those I'll touch in the heart.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Hey everyone, I got back from an anime convention. I met a Chrom cosplayer and I became friends with him after I found out he lives about 20-30 minutes from me. He also said that he'd be willing to help out with any future/current cosplays I have. I had fun and won the Smash 4 tournament they ran there which got me a free pass to next years con and any amiibo I want. I also had this picture taken of us while the tournament was going on.

Unfortunately one of the first things I heard about when I got back this evening was about Iwata's passing. He was a great man and he will surly be missed.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
We lost a legend way too soon.

Rest in peace Iwata, you'll be heavily missed.

This won't heal my heart. It won't. Iwata, I hope we meet again, in a better life.

T R I P L E P O S T B O Y

Edit your posts, don't keep making posts. Against forum rules

ALso, if you want YOUR HEART TO BE RIPPED TO P PIECES VISIT /V/ ON 4CHAN ON GOD WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME
EDIT: Just the music, don't read the threads b/c lol 4chan

IF YOU LISTEN LONG ENOUGH A SOUND CLIP PLAYS OF HIM SAYING "I'LL MISS YOU GOD NO 4CHAN STOP [PLS
Damn you! DAMN YOU! I THOUGHT IT WOULDN'T BE AS BAD. NOW I...I...

May God have mercy on Iwata.

R.I.P.
Damn you all. I didn't want to feel today.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
For Iwata:

May Nintendo carry on his legacy.

In an effort to cheer up, I shall watch The Devil is a Part-Timer.

Hey I'm new in Smashboards.

I'm a Robin main...I don't think I'm that great with him...but hey I try.
Welcome to 1 of 2 best character socials on Smashboards! Obligatory

Wow, I did not expect to wake up this morning to news like this. So sad and shocking. A legend gone so early, Rest in Piece Mr Iwata

On a more happier note
@r_greening1 I see you've acquired the blue banner. Welcome to the club gorl! Have you checked out the Disco Room yet? I don't post there myself but I do enjoying reading through it
http://smashboards.com/forums/the-disco-room.228/
Who are you going to prank?:secretkpop:

The Robin Social is slowly being overrun by blue users, send halp

Edit: I feel that it would be a nice idea to change the thread title to honour Mr Iwata

Last edited:

Zensor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sebdude198
3DS FC
1289-8462-4385
Last edited:
Top Bottom