• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time for an Honest look at Brawl so far.

Taleran

Smash Rookie
Since earlier today the *****ing and moaning in the subforum has hit an all time high so I think its time for some good old honesty at what Brawl is delivering

We get sonic, and snake, not to mention one of the bigger sized rosters found in fighting games.
We get an amazing improved adventure mode penned by a legendary square enix employee.
We get the biggest and best soundtrack of all time, that has been worked on by the most impressive list of game musicians EVER.
We get more stages than ever.
We get a stage builder.
We get online play.
We can now take snapshots at any time in the game.
We get some amazing graphics with very pretty special effects.
We get improved fighting mechanics, more moves and final smashes.
We get stickers, and Trophies.
We get co-op events, challenges, masterpieces, coin launcher mini-game and improved special brawl, stadium, and 100 man melee modes, on top of even more features we do not know about ...

and your all *****ing about what exactaly, BOOHOO the 1 character I wanted didn't get SAKURAI MUST HATE ME.

A video game is the SUM of ALL of its parts, not just the roster or the fighting engine EVERYTHING

Go ahead boycott nintendo over 1 character that didn't get in or the fact that couple may have the same moveset, while I and everyone else who doesn't have their head stuck up their own ***, have much fun kicking the living **** out of each other online, in custom stages rockin out to the Metal Mix of Gourmet Race

as a final note, this board will make up what 1% of the total people that buy the game, Nintendo currently has the DS out that basically prints money for them and your 70 dollars means something? What do you think the developers think of fans who jump ship when 1 thing doesn't go their way.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Threads like these are frustrating me a lot more than the threads complaining about the roster...

Seriously, how many people are complaining SPECIFICALLY because one character did not get in? For that reason only? Obviously anyone that says the game is ruined is overreacting, they know it, and threads like these only feed that fire.

Read threads like Chronobound's, that is how people ACTUALLY feel. Yeah, popular characters would have been much better than some new clones (and some old clones) but it's not the only issue. I am a great example if this.

I didn't have high expectations for the roster. I have been saying "about 35" since I joined this forum and there are old topics from December to back that up. I had only a few "dream characters" and the only one that had a shadow of a chance got AT, and was announced not long after the Dojo went up. So, even with low expectations, I am still disappointed that Sakurai didn't even try to please fans or balance the franchises in the roster.

Arteen

Smash Lord
We get an amazing improved adventure mode penned by a legendary square enix employee.
And thus the legendary heroes went henceforth unto yonder mythic bus of olde.

Actually, he helped. He didn't do it entirely.

Taleran

Smash Rookie
I am still disappointed that Sakurai didn't even try to please fans or balance the franchises in the roster.
you had me going till here

Please fans, thats what hes been doing all along not just with characters but with stages AT's, music and more and if you haven't seen it then well your blind

@the 1st post, yeah I know the guy is only helping I was just typing mostly from memory there

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
you had me going till here

Please fans, thats what hes been doing all along not just with characters but with stages AT's, music and more and if you haven't seen it then well your blind

@the 1st post, yeah I know the guy is only helping I was just typing mostly from memory there
I meant please fans with franchise representation. Who would rather have three Starfox reps and have Metroid shafted with one rep for the third time? Who would rather a franchise with only three games, one of which was released outside Japan, get as many characters as a franchise with ten games, is very popular in Japan, and is gaining popularity worldwide?

That is why many people are disappointed, and it's the main reason I am. It's not a terrible roster, I will give people that. It just has places where it could easily see improvement. One thing people have totally forgotten about is the possibly if downloadable content, it has yet to be confirmed or disconfirmed.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm whining about the speed. It's so insufferably slow. I mean, have you seen Marth? What happened to the lightning-speed attacks that allowed him to combo and pressure you into infinity? All gone now.

Foe

Smash Journeyman
Only disappointing thing to me was that ROB is confirmed. I'd rather see a metroid or another 3rd party instead of him. But I mean, Sakurai did a good job for the WTF character. Who didn't say WTF!?!

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
I'd gladly trade most of that stuff for 1-2 unique characters...

Hell, I'd trade even gladlier those 3-4 clones for ONE unique character (at this point I don't even care who, just UNIQUE)

What the hell happened to NO CLONES, heh?

hypeman

Smash Apprentice
I'm a snake, marth, and zelda in training.
Well what I thought would help is he could have added at least is add 2 new female character. that would please a lot of people that wanted more female representation. Another thing is that some important nintendo franchises are missing representation for example Nintendo wars (Advanced wars, or the one on the wii), Golden sun, and the game that had Ray MK that robot.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I'm whining about the speed. It's so insufferably slow. I mean, have you seen Marth? What happened to the lightning-speed attacks that allowed him to combo and pressure you into infinity? All gone now.
I have yet to see a Marth video, except the intro.

A while back I posted a theory about Marth and Roy, this is basically the summary:

We know several things about the two characters. For one, Marth outprioritizes Roy in every way, except for the fact Roy was more popular among casual Smash players. Marth also needed nerfed and Roy was far more balanced (well, sort of. He wasn't very good). So kill all of the birds with one stone: Add the more important character (Marth) and give him the more popular playstyle (Roy) and you nerf Marth at the same time.

As long as he is still more of a ranged attacker (even if his tippers are weakened) I will probably still use him. But if the strong point of his blade moves to the hilt like Roy had, well, I guess I am going to stick with Falcon until I get a real main.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I have yet to see a Marth video, except the intro.

A while back I posted a theory about Marth and Roy, this is basically the summary:

We know several things about the two characters. For one, Marth outprioritizes Roy in every way, except for the fact Roy was more popular among casual Smash players. Marth also needed nerfed and Roy was far more balanced (well, sort of. He wasn't very good). So kill all of the birds with one stone: Add the more important character (Marth) and give him the more popular playstyle (Roy) and you nerf Marth at the same time.

As long as he is still more of a ranged attacker (even if his tippers are weakened) I will probably still use him. But if the strong point of his blade moves to the hilt like Roy had, well, I guess I am going to stick with Falcon until I get a real main.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=pZdr5rHLUl4

marf vid xD

Adi

Smash Lord
I agree, people need to stop whining about superficial things like the characters and focus more on the gameplay, which at this point looks hideously slow.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
It looks slow COMPARED TO MELEE... this isn't melee..... and SPECIFY!!!! Attacks for almost ALL CHARACTERS have been SPED UP. Their overall movement, ground and air, has been slowed down as a means to BALANCE the difference between fast and slow characters. If they had to slow the game down to keep speed based characters from dominating the whole game, I welcome it.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Zsuit not playable without items: nothing more than a fan-service photo opportunity. What a waste of sky fishing!
With that the entire cast has not even one more female playable character. Not that the gender matters - but it goes to show Sakurai failed on keeping his word.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Fun fact:

The only additional "female representation" we got in Brawl's playable roster consists of two previously ambiguous characters showing their boobs in tight blue leather-like materials.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, emancipation smells of coconuts.

Top Bottom