• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tiers? (Include an explaination)

Blue Bird

Smash Cadet
Yoshi - about his second jump being easy to edge-guard, take a look at THIS:

I'm not a Yoshi player, but I play quite decently with him. He's just not my style, however. But ONE thing that I found out while messing with him was this little strategy. If you're sent off the edge, most likely you have a high percentage. If you have a VERY high percentage, you might barely make it back. This will become even more of a pain if you got someone edgeguarding for you.
But have you ever thought of doing your second jump, but then instead of aiming for the ledge, aim just a little OFF the edge (yes this is a suicide move) and then when you're level with him, use your B move. PWNED is all I can say after I pull this move out.

I also do it with Kirby. I can't believe I didn't use this before, especially because I found this strategy out with Yoshi first. Edgeguarders, beware!!!

One more thing: There are no cheap characters. There IS, however, something called PLAYING CHEAP. Examples include:
-In FFA matches, just running from everyone while they kill themselves. Then you move in for the finishing blow. Sure you win, but it's not very nice.
-Running from everyone, and then sneaking up with Samus and u+Bing everyone. It's OK if used once, but NOT as a general strategy. Pikachu sort of does this too, but it's harder.
-Doing the exact same thing over and over again. This includes just jumping and d+Aing during the ENTIRE GAME, as if it was your only move.
-Playing with Link.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Blue Bird said:
I also do it with Kirby. I can't believe I didn't use this before, especially because I found this strategy out with Yoshi first. Edgeguarders, beware!!!.
I find the best place to do that is Sector Z, where, as soon as you are below either the nose or the tail of the ship, you spit them out... they smack their heads on the under part of the ship, and have nowhere to go but down while you float back to safety.

Kami

Smash Cadet
Blue Bird said:
But have you ever thought of doing your second jump, but then instead of aiming for the ledge, aim just a little OFF the edge (yes this is a suicide move) and then when you're level with him, use your B move. PWNED is all I can say after I pull this move out.

I also do it with Kirby. I can't believe I didn't use this before, especially because I found this strategy out with Yoshi first. Edgeguarders, beware!!!
Yes, but if you're good at it, you'll get above the ledge and down+b onto the cliff (catching the ledge, of course), giving you options like his a (only if you're at under 100%) or the crawl under them z-direction recovery. You can even fall, jump up, and neut.a (sex kick) back on. There are plenty of options that are safer. The neut.b isn't a sure kill, EVEN IF YOU HIT IT, and it's obvious that you're going to do it. Also, you are by NO CIRCUMSTANCES getting back on after this (save DK barrel, but if that was the case, you'd have aimed for that instead.).

sirpsycho85 said:
I'll tier them assuming RANDOM BOARDS and FREE FOR ALL, and then give a little breakdowns for each guy.

DON'T USE SERIOUSLY
---------------------
Samus - if you're really good with him, pair him with a top character in 2v2 and you'll be fine. in one on one with nobody to cover for his throw, he has no chance. Its unfortunate because his u+B is easily the best on any board with grabable edges.
Jigglypuff - just weak. no point to use him over somebody like kirby.
Luigi - terrible and inferior mario
You haven't seen a real Jigglypuff player in action. Dair, utilt, usmash as your first move (amazingly easy to pull off) gives ~57 damage if you get most of it. Later in the game, when the utilt starts knocking him too high to usmash, either skip it and usmash first or replace it with down+b, which is safe because it will send them flying. Jigglypuff can kill with almost all her moves when her opponent is at 100% or higher (save DK), and her neut.b recovery float can cross an enitre stage.

Also, it sounds a lot like all you play is FFAs with people who are lower in skill than you. Luigi is much stronger than Mario if played well, his jump is stronger, his fire punch makes up for his fireballs going straight (which isn't always a bad thing, you just can't use them to get back on), and his moves, although they do slightly less damage, send the opponent flying MUCH farther.

Blue Bird

Smash Cadet
No character is weak enough that they can't be played with, which is why I think all this tier thing is nonsense. But one thing that DOES is exist are characters that people play with the most, and those are the ones I consider to be the top tiers. Jigglypuff is not there - you RARELY see a good Jigglypuff player. I know she's good because I've seen one, and she was just as good as any other Link, Mario or Fox player I have played.

Kami said:
Yes, but if you're good at it, you'll get above the ledge and down+b onto the cliff (catching the ledge, of course), giving you options like his a (only if you're at under 100%) or the crawl under them z-direction recovery. You can even fall, jump up, and neut.a (sex kick) back on. There are plenty of options that are safer. The neut.b isn't a sure kill, EVEN IF YOU HIT IT, and it's obvious that you're going to do it. Also, you are by NO CIRCUMSTANCES getting back on after this (save DK barrel, but if that was the case, you'd have aimed for that instead.)
There's no move that can't be avoided. Of course there's a way to prevent this. No move is a sure hit. But I tell you it's no that obvious you'll do it. And you can't always rock down and ledge grab. Even if you DO, he can always get you when you come back on. And if you have enough altitude to rock down on the ledge, why would you do that anyways? :ohwell: I'm just saying that the neut.B move is an option for when you'll BARELY make back and the opponent will be there waiting for you. You can't expect it, not unless he's done it before.

Kami

Smash Cadet
Blue Bird said:
No character is weak enough that they can't be played with, which is why I think all this tier thing is nonsense. But one thing that DOES is exist are characters that people play with the most, and those are the ones I consider to be the top tiers. Jigglypuff is not there - you RARELY see a good Jigglypuff player. I know she's good because I've seen one, and she was just as good as any other Link, Mario or Fox player I have played.
Yes, but you do realize that a good Spamus player will straight die to a Pikachu player of equal skill, right? Some characters are stronger than others. Obviously they can all be played well, but if two players of the exact same skill level faced off, the one playing the weaker character will lose.

Rugal5

Smash Rookie
I'm probably a scrub compared to most people posting on this forum however I oppose that that Luigi is worthless.
My Tier System would go like this:

Ness
Fox
Pikachu

Mid
Mario
Ice Climbers
Marth
Falcon
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Samus

Low
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Link (would not wanna forget this meat shield. lol)

Blue Bird

Smash Cadet
Kami said:
Yes, but you do realize that a good Spamus player will straight die to a Pikachu player of equal skill, right? Some characters are stronger than others. Obviously they can all be played well, but if two players of the exact same skill level faced off, the one playing the weaker character will lose.

It does not matter that much. It's how the characters play. Some characters DO have weaknesses, though. For example, Kirby can't do ANYTHING if he's in the air and Link or Ness decide to go down on him. You're lucky if you can pull of a dodge on them. They either dodge it, or take it. There is not counter. With Yoshi, Mario and Ness, you can easily counter an attack from above while in the air.

Samus doesn't have to die to a Pikachu. If you plays defensively, then she has A LOT of chance to win. And don't give me any bull****t that playing defensive is for wussies because mostly ALL of the players I play against just stand still if I don't go to them. Even though Pikachu may be faster, there's not much he can do besides grab or D+A. Stay above him and avoid going on the ground too much and you can win. Also, platforms are teh WIN against characters who have an abusable D+A move (like Pikachu, Ness, Jiggly, etc. I won't say Kirby since he has better stuff to do than just hop around and try D+Aing everyone the entire battle as if it's the only thing he can do).

And of course... combos. :p Some characters have little combos, or ones that are VERY hard to pull off. Ness is ridiculously easy to pull off a combo with, so is C. Falcon. But if you know what you'll be avoiding then it becomes easy. There is always an alternative no matter what character you use. Kirby gets pwned from above? Well that's what wavedashing is for: faster than rolling, better than blocking, and the opponent gets a nice smash in the **** like he deserves. Link is bad at recovery? Well don't go to edges if you have problems staying inside the stage.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
lol, did you just say to stay in the air against a Pika? Pika can just light n-air followed by an uair and link that into whatever and take Samus off the edge real easily

D

Deleted member

I'm a pretty big Ness fanboy, but I honestly don't think he's all too good in ssb64. He's not too mobile, and has a lack of good approach options. It's amazing how effective throw to spike still is, no matter how good the other player is.

But honestly, I think Link is better than Ness overall. Link may be lacking off the stage, but ON the stage he's among the best characters. Link also has many many good approaches, and his good projectile game can cover for his lack of mobility. Or maybe I just play a better Link, who knows :p

I used to play only kirby, for like 2 straight years, I just liked the character, before everyone swore he was the best character. I didn't think he was all that cheap either, certainly no more than pikachu.

now that I can hop and double laser all over the place ( again, thanks Isai) I think Fox is the cheapest, especially with the super drill combo straight to upsmash X_x. So I make sure I don't laser or drill much anymore cause it's annoying and frankly takes all the fun out.

Now I just play Fox to do fun 0 to death combos, but I always make sure they look cool too ^_~

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Some of u guys underestimate Fox!

hes crazy in ssb64 since i played against Isai Fox and he just combos u till your dead and u cant do much aobut it! which is like that for any character he is but especially with fox!

ZoSo

Smash Champion
UmbreonMow said:
now that I can hop and double laser all over the place ( again, thanks Isai) I think Fox is the cheapest, especially with the super drill combo straight to upsmash X_x. So I make sure I don't laser or drill much anymore cause it's annoying and frankly takes all the fun out.
I wouldn't say Fox is cheap. Sure, he can combo the living daylights out of every character in the game, but it can be pretty easy to screw up, whether due to a mistake on your part or an inconveniently placed platform. My point is, you need to have a pretty good opening and excellent control to actually do a zero to dead in a heated match. Unless your opponent is a novice.

Besides, the ridiculous comboing is, among other things, what makes this game so incredibly entertaining.

hacker_renegade

Smash Apprentice
i can't believe you guys have luigi as a bottom tier character, for me i was awesome w/ luigi in ssb and effective with the fire punch... yeah if i missed i was open for attack but the set up with the tornado and smash moves makes him effective, or at least made me effective. and pikachu?? i can't believe he wasn't in a top tier in everyones list pika had those body attacks and combos that stopped me alot. i would say that the
top characters
luigi
pikachu
samus
fox

low tier
link
ness
cfalcon
jigglypuff

theres were no middle tiers bcuz there were just not enough characters to go around. i always had problems fighting pikachu....... **** *******

Blue Bird

Smash Cadet
Luigi was my newbie character. :p I just focused on going to opponents and up+B ing. It was so fun! :D
Then I found out about Samus and started up+B ing too... I never even pressed the A button.

And THEN I learned how to play and began to use Kirby. :/

lol, did you just say to stay in the air against a Pika? Pika can just light n-air followed by an uair and link that into whatever and take Samus off the edge real easily
YES I said that. And I also said play defensively. Basically if you let him come to you, then you can thrash the living hell out of him, because unlike SOME characters, Samus CAN combo pretty well, plus she has that lovely spike which she should use and abuse, an air b+A which is just AWESOME, and that up+A fire move, which requires a bit of practice to use, but can be used for very damaging combos.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
OK, I'm going to list all of samus' set combos now.

Dair->dair->dair->bair/dair/anything if they don't tech

That's all.

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
hmm u sure thats samuses only combo ive seen more but they start in the air

just like the forward aerial semi infiinite one

but anyways samus can beatpika but samus has to play a keep away move into a combo
thats why down b is useful ^^ i almost beat some of the pros with samus while playing keep away and i use keyboard online =P

Da illest

Banned via Administration
omfg i almsot was in tears!!!! was i the only person who thought luigi was hot . LOL I HIT THEM TWICE WIT dumb moves then bam uppercut. I NEVVVVVVVVVVA LOST

playerlgr

Smash Rookie
Playing as Link

Can someone explain to me the approach game to Link? Or at least what to do when your opponent is close to you.

Whenever I play as Link, I play defensively with the boomerang + dashing A, bombs, and whatnot. But whenever they just purposely avoid me and just dodge my projectiles, waiting for me to come to them...I don't know what to do.

As an example, I like to use Pikachu's forward + A drill and then turn that into a combo, but with Link there really isn't anything I can do to approach people. There must be though, as some of you claim to be "expert" Link players.

Also, can someone define what "wavedashing" and "sex kick" are?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
samus help

im begining to think samus is the worst in ssb. i have played samus's and lost, but just dont see what's good about her. in ssbm, she actually has combos.

Echo

Smash Champion
Well, one of my favorite things about SSB64 is how balance the chrs are, and I know there are chrs like Kirby and Pika that are generally better, but, at the same time, Samus totally got the shaft in this one.

Although, I have played with some great Samus', and she does have a couple of tricks with her full charge blast, personally when I play around with Samus I generally play the most defensive that you possible can. Just let them come to you. Let THEM make mistakes for you to counter upon. I myself just let them come, then Shield to Screw Attack, also keep that full charged shot for the most unsuspecting of times. Otherwise, I dont see anyone playing Samus being a combo master, Just playin to have some fun.

Blue Bird

Smash Cadet
I'm no Link expert, but I think with Link, it's hard to play defensively. And I don't know what you're doing in battles, but there are TONS of ways to approach the character. Link has priority against almost anything, so basically you can approach your opponent from anywhere and, with a bit of judging, you can hit him. It requires A LOT of good timing though, since if you get avoided you're pretty much screwed. You can't really approach with Link and then combo, you just have to go there and do 1 high damage hit and do it again later. You can combo in closed spots, like against a wall, you can grab him, throw him and then F+A him.
Your boomerang is one of your best moves AND it hits opponents on the ground. One thing I like doing is throwing a boomerang and dashing after it, so right after it hits I can dash + A the guy.
If the guy is just waiting for you to come, then just throw bombs at him or try hitting him with boomerang.
Wavedashing is moving from side - to -side really fast. So like, just tapping left, right, left, right repeatedely. Mix it in with some jumps, so pretend you're going to dash + A your opponent, but on the last minute, jump and do a Dair + A. Or, if your opponent is the type that likes to wait for you to come and then smash you, get a little closeto your opponent, then pretend you're gonna go for him, turn around, wait for him to smash you but miss, and THEM smash HIM instead. It's **** useful with Kirby since he does smashes all the time. Wavedashing is the <3 for Kirby. Also usefull to escape air attacks (from like Ness players who try to Dair + A you the entire freakin' fight).

Samus is not the worst. There is no worst character. Some characters have disadvantages - others more than the rest - but they can be good if you play properly. Samus' area is in the air. If you're good, you'll stay in the air and pound your opponent to pieces. Also, combos aren't everything. Look at Kirby, for instance.

And Kirby is so not better than other character. Kirby one of those who has way to many disadvantages. He floats too much, he jumps very slowly, he has NO (and I mean NO way) to counter aerial attacks from above, and his recovery just sucks. You can toss Kirby in the air and combo him VERY easily, because he takes sio long to recover. NO other character takes that long.
He has 5 jumps? So what? They're like 3x shorter than the other jumps, so while Link or Mario can get up to that platform in 1 second, Kirby takes AGES.

I just can't see why people consider Kirby better than the others.

hacker_renegade

Smash Apprentice
yea i was surprised to see that pika and kriby sucked in mele, but my friend is pretty good with him. in ssb there has always been like 8 of us, each of us had a seperate character accept for my brother who copyed my firend cuz he was so awesome with pikachu so my brother used pika, it's kinda funny we nevr used kirby or ness. oddly there were 8 of us that didn't really make sense, but any ways the good ol' days were great......... FIRE PUNCH!!! sorry flash baq. and my other friend was AWESOME with yoshi in ssb, he kicked sooooooooooo much a$$ it was un real. i remember one day were at my friend's house it was a team game me (luigi) my friend (yoshi) vs. my brother and my other friend (both pika). it was in saffron city and there was only 1 life left my life and pika's life i remember it like yesterday. just as pika came down to hit me i did the fire punch and won. my friend "green is evil, (pointing to the winners) Prime example". ahhh the memories.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Link is a pressure character you're bot supposed to run and catch them, you're supposed to make them angry with bomb and boomerang barrages until they pursue you.

If you need a safe attack to get on the inside Link's ABA has awesome priority and can setup combos/juggles. Lastly for god's sake stay away from the edge. ;)

Captain_Obvious

Smash Journeyman
Blue Bird said:
Wavedashing is moving from side - to -side really fast. So like, just tapping left, right, left, right repeatedely.
Correction - wavedashing is an exploit of the air dodge in SSBM, and therefore does not exist in Smash 64. I believe the term that I've heard most often used is "dash dancing."

But, yes, it is a very useful mode of evasion.

- Captain R.D. Obvious

Haze01

Smash Apprentice
playerlgr said:
Whenever they just purposely avoid me and just dodge my projectiles, waiting for me to come to them...I don't know what to do.

As an example, I like to use Pikachu's forward + A drill and then turn that into a combo, but with Link there really isn't anything I can do to approach people.
Yeah, when my friend goes on the defensive, I often feel like you, not knowing what to do. I agree that pikachu's fAir is an excellent approach move and I use it all the time. With link, I find his bAir to be the best approach move of his. It has a better chance of hitting than his fAir or dAir, and you usually don't have to worry about z-cancelling it if you miss because it's pretty fast.

Try to start eighter on flat ground or slightly lower than your opponent. Like in Sector Z or Yoshi's stage, where the land rises on an angle, try to be lower. Using the bAir doesn't work well at all if you try to attack from higher ground.

If you need to close some distance first, a bAir won't be easy to pull out because you have to run in first. That said, dashing in with his nAir is pretty good, but it has shorter range and is harder to time for a hit, I find. His standing A is good for a poke or two, but overall not great. Another idea is to throw a boomerang behind you, then run in with the boomerang trailing behind. Pulling out a single bomb and tossing it will help to provide a distraction and let you close in some.

Blue Bird said:
Link has priority against almost anything, so basically you can approach your opponent from anywhere and, with a bit of judging, you can hit him. It requires A LOT of good timing though, since if you get avoided you're pretty much screwed. You can't really approach with Link and then combo, you just have to go there and do 1 high damage hit and do it again later. You can combo in closed spots, like against a wall, you can grab him, throw him and then F+A him.
A lot of characters have moves that cancel out some of Links' or are just faster, and these will cause some trouble. I hate it when I attack at the same time as someone else, the moves cancel, but the other guy recovers first and hits me. I think Fox's fAir can cancel a boomerang and still hit the Link that threw it.

Link's uSmash is great if you can get it off. Juggling with that racks up the damage really nicely, and if you can get the timing down, you can kill an oppenent afterwards. If they are around 100% and you get Link's up smash off, when the opponent is launched in the air, you can jump up and up-B to hit them far away, often killing them.

Link's uTilt is also quite good; it does a good job of hitting enemies behind you, and is good for juggling as well.

Bombs have various uses, but are too slow to pull out. Tossing the bomb lightly at an approaching enemy can set up a throw.

Blue Bird said:
I just can't see why people consider Kirby better than the others.
I don't like Kirby because he dies rather easily and is too slow moving in air. But with a variety of spikes (dAir, up-B), the useful down-B, the occasionally useful anti-edgeguarding B, the easy combo dAir to uTilt, and his really fast smashes, I can see why people rank him highly. His bAir and nAir are good too.

TheRedSparrow said:
Link is a pressure character you're not supposed to run and catch them, you're supposed to make them angry with bomb and boomerang barrages until they pursue you.

If you need a safe attack to get on the inside Link's ABA has awesome priority and can setup combos/juggles. Lastly for god's sake stay away from the edge.
Playing against a Fox player is definitely interesting. When he goes on the defensive, approaching is quite hard due to his fast smashes, reflector, and blaster. It isn't easy to approach from the air due to his uSmash and uAir. To counter those, you can approach with a dAir, but even when I z-cancel a whiffed dAir, Fox has enough time to get a throw or smash in. I need to get better at using Link's nAir.

I also would like to know what you meant by "Link's ABA".

Oh, and I think I should mention that Fox's back throw will toss you right off the edge if you're at full health and standing in the centre of Kirby's stage. I found this out the hard way yesterday. Not to mention Fox's down A smash... the trajectory that sends you on! It makes you fall so low before recovering and kills Links so easily... and it is an excellent move for edge-guarding. Argh. Why'd my friend have to be a Fox player?

Geno007

Smash Cadet
ABA = aerial back air (the opposite direction of where you are facing while in the air) AKA "bair"

Haze01

Smash Apprentice
Oh, then I guess I've said enough to show that even though I didn't know what he meant, I agreed with him completely :) Thanks Geno.

Osxcar

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that thinks that jiggly should be higher up? Her nair and dair are really good. I used to think that she sucked, but then I tried to play her and by abusing nair and dair -> utilt -> free air attack was actually very good. Especially the nair has some crazy priority. One last thing, Uthrow -> rest. I just LOVE the sound of rest, too sexy! :p

And no, I haven't seen moogle play jiggly.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Haze01 said:
Playing against a Fox player is definitely interesting. When he goes on the defensive, approaching is quite hard due to his fast smashes, reflector, and blaster. It isn't easy to approach from the air due to his uSmash and uAir. To counter those, you can approach with a dAir, but even when I z-cancel a whiffed dAir, Fox has enough time to get a throw or smash in. I need to get better at using Link's nAir.

I also would like to know what you meant by "Link's ABA".

Oh, and I think I should mention that Fox's back throw will toss you right off the edge if you're at full health and standing in the centre of Kirby's stage. I found this out the hard way yesterday. Not to mention Fox's down A smash... the trajectory that sends you on! It makes you fall so low before recovering and kills Links so easily... and it is an excellent move for edge-guarding. Argh. Why'd my friend have to be a Fox player?

Link aerial back A aka the double kick.
when short hopped and Z-cancelled it can set up many things. ;)

Link is bottom tier, Jiggly as excellent offense but can die from a 0%-death combo from nearly half the cast thanks to her lighthess. :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

THE RED SPARROW said:
Link aerial back A aka the double kick.
when short hopped and Z-cancelled it can set up many things. ;)

Link is bottom tier, Jiggly as excellent offense but can die from a 0%-death combo from nearly half the cast thanks to her lighthess. :ohwell:
Link is a great character.

Every character is susceptable from 0 to death combos, and the game has dozens upon dozens of them.

you don't know what you're talking about.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
UmbreonMow said:
Link is a great character.

Every character is susceptable from 0 to death combos, and the game has dozens upon dozens of them.

you don't know what you're talking about.
No they're OBVIOUS degrees in difficulty when doing it on certain characters and also even putting an opponent in a situation that would allow them to happen.

Pikachu can be 0% - death comboed by Falcon, Yoshi, Fox, Jiggly etc... but what chance do you have of finding that opening compared to let say.... Link? :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

one uptilt or throw into a wall would qualify. you can do uptilt into a grab and most air attacks into grabs or other air attacks that you can just juggle them to death anyway. basically, more than half of link's initital attack hits can lead to a death combo on pretty much anyone.

Captain_Obvious

Smash Journeyman
Osxcar said:
Am I the only one that thinks that jiggly should be higher up? Her nair and dair are really good. I used to think that she sucked, but then I tried to play her and by abusing nair and dair -> utilt -> free air attack was actually very good. Especially the nair has some crazy priority. One last thing, Uthrow -> rest. I just LOVE the sound of rest, too sexy! :p

And no, I haven't seen moogle play jiggly.
Jiggly is actually one of my favorite characters. She has longer range than one would expect, the rest is nice, and her priority is excellent. Many of her moves have little knockback, allowing for massive combos. With Jiggly, the shorthop is very useful, as you can drill to her up-throw, and then hop, drill, and come right on back down and drill them to a rest. If you don't know this, when you drill your opponent on the ground, you can rest them as they bounce into the air slightly if you time it right. One cannot defend against this if they are caught in the drill.

Jiggly's b-punch is also nice, as it does massive shield damage, can give a lot of extra horizontal recovery distance, and hitting your opponent bounces them up and behind you, allowing you to turn the tables on a would-be edgeguarder. I'm also told that Jigglypuff is a Pikachu counter, but I personally have no problem with her.

- Captain R.D. Obvious

Oh, and you haven't seen Jiggly until you've seen Moogle play her.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Wee my opinon!
Kirby: Super high priority like woa. One of the best spikes, recoveries. Nerfed for a reason.
C. Falcon: Good comber and fast too
Pikachu: Really good recovery. Evil grab too.
Fox: Fast lol

High (Feeling lazy =\)
Ness
Yoshi

Mid
Jiggly
Link
Mario
Luigi
Samus

Bad
DK: Very slow and laggy. Horrible recovery, Only things he got are range, and his evil grab.

ADloser

Smash Rookie
Ultimate:
Pikachu

Top:
Ness
Capt. Falcon

High:
Jiggy Puff
DK

Mid:
Link
Samus
Mario

Suicide:
Luigi

I left out fox and kirby becuase I dont use them or play against them, kinda unfortunate...

U-Dog

Smash Apprentice
because most ppl would rather play melee and not the original

i mean its a good game but it doesnt have the stuff need for the players now

no WD
no AD
no f-B
its slow
limited characters [12 max]

tho it does have the 2 longest stage evr [hyrule, sector z]
plus better intros

but the players here would rather perfer melee than SSB