• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tiers? (Include an explaination)

swebits98

Smash Apprentice
so how is it equal skill? hahaha u dont have a metric for it. cloning? hahaha this is what i mean, its an impossible scenario. good luck to use this in any real dicussion. we are talking about what is real, not what is in pure theory. what if i time travelled? hahaha. its the same as ur discusion. very funny. sorry if u r joking:)
i think many people here are less informed. ill leave this topic now, seems for non smart ppl

Asylum

Smash Journeyman
sorry, but i think u misunderstood me. i didnt say link is better than pikachu. if u read, i said link and samus are a little bit worse off than the rest. but players skill is better than any character list. the difference between characters by themselves is too small.

u probably play on internet which is slower than normal, even with p2p smash there are delays.

From what I've read so far, you don't know how characters compare against each other.

now i see u dont use logic, sorry i cant discuss with u.

Vex: if pikachu is MUCH better than link then you can beat top japanese players link with pikachu then? im not using isai in this example. it only matters about player skill, but as i mentioned the character difference is small. im not talking about average players, im talking about the top players. sorry if u r not that.

and i read the post where isai says superboom is not in the league of top japanese players. because someone said superboom is top 5. isai said no, not from what he has seen.

What BHLMRO said makes perfect sense. If two top players compete against each other and have equal skill, the higher tier character will prevail.

Vex: if pikachu is MUCH better than link then you can beat top japanese players link with pikachu then?
What the hell are you talking about? That made no sense what so ever. Pikachu is better than Link because of the characters abilities. Not certain peoples skill.

so how is it equal skill? hahaha u dont have a metric for it. cloning? hahaha this is what i mean, its an impossible scenario. good luck to use this in any real dicussion. we are talking about what is real, not what is in pure theory. what if i time travelled? hahaha. its the same as ur discusion. very funny. sorry if u r joking:)
i think many people here are less informed. ill leave this topic now, seems for non smart ppl
He was just dubbing down the scenario so that someone of your low caliber could understand what he was saying. You just come in here, fairly new to the site, with no actual knowledge of smash, and start bashing others when they are right because you just can't get your way. Way to start out.

KRSnakey

Smash Rookie
All this chatter is making me want to play Link just to play a low tier character. Think about how cool you'd be if you beat leet pikas. You'd get all the hos.

>_>

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I always wondered why Luigi was placed so low. He has good combo potential with his Uair, good recovery, OK speed, and his third jump is a good finisher.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I always wondered why Luigi was placed so low. He has good combo potential with his Uair, good recovery, OK speed, and his third jump is a good finisher.
.....................................................................................

Luigi's slow......

But wtf at the bump lol

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Its his okay speed and his flotatiness and he has no good approach due to a bad fireball and his main combo starter (down air) is a drill that is easily DI'd out of.

Think about it... what holds back Jigglypuff: too floaty
What holds back Samus: too floaty
What holds back Luigi: too floaty

Skrlx

Smash Champion
stop bumping threads from 2002 (ironically i did it just now)

D

Deleted member

Yoshi doesn't have close to the most potential

play him enough and you will notice he has some nasty flaws

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Perfect parries and perfect DJC would give you good approach and defence...right?

I can see why they say Fox has the most potential...
Yoshi's DJC's aren't as good as Ness's, simply because of speed.

and Fox's shine...is just broken on TAS level.

There isn't any character much better or much worse on TAS other than these 3 characters...just due to normal limitations of hand speed.

Top Bottom