• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier lists: by stage

Battlecow

Play to Win
Clubba's post was highly amusing

SK it's not my fault if I have conventional feelings about the tier list

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Yes, no, no
I can maybe see that against Pika Yoshi is better than Mario (not saying I agree, but I can understand that opinion). But I think that against both Falcon and Kirby Mario is significantly better than Yoshi. Do you think that Yoshi is equal to Mario in those last two matchups, or that Mario is better?

If you agree that Mario is better in those matchups then I think you have to say Mario should be above Yoshi on the tier list.

Olikus

Smash Champion
why shouldn't mario be above yoshi? Again oli is just asking nicely, pondering on peoples opinions.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
why shouldn't mario be above yoshi? Again oli is just asking nicely, pondering on peoples opinions.
I'll make a post tonight when I get home at never o'clock explaining my uneducated opinion (I suck with both chars) of why I think yoshi > mario.

Ballin ur leavin out matchup vs fox in that, which I think yoshi >> mario.

:phone:

The Star King

Smash Hero
I can maybe see that against Pika Yoshi is better than Mario (not saying I agree, but I can understand that opinion). But I think that against both Falcon and Kirby Mario is significantly better than Yoshi. Do you think that Yoshi is equal to Mario in those last two matchups, or that Mario is better?

If you agree that Mario is better in those matchups then I think you have to say Mario should be above Yoshi on the tier list.
I think Yoshi is about the same vs Kirby (or slightly worse, not sure) and worse against Falcon.

And no, I wouldn't have to say Mario should be above Yoshi. Somebody's leaving out Fox. And I think Fox and Pikachu are worse for Mario than anything for Yoshi, who just kind of loses to everyone above him but not too badly.

BTW I was semi-trolling and wouldn't put Yoshi above Mario if I was forced to make a tier list right now. But I say semi because I think it's plausible :D :troll:

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Fox sucks on DL that's why I didn't include him. At the very least Pika/Kirby/Falcon are a tier above that's why I asked about those 3 matchups specifically.

Also I think Mario is much better against Fox than Yoshi is, but that's not exactly news. As a Fox player I'll face a Yoshi over a Mario any day.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
didn't seem like you were talking about dreamland specifically, that's why I brought up fox. If its just dreamland, then yea fox doesn't matter so much. mario/yoshi are real close on DL in my tier list anyway, but I give the edge to yoshi personally. Too late for a post about why (just got home), but I will say this:

Star King is a dirk (not in the good way) for backing down on this, yoshi > mario all day every day

Battlecow

Play to Win
didn't seem like you were talking about dreamland specifically, that's why I brought up fox. If its just dreamland, then yea fox doesn't matter so much. mario/yoshi are real close on DL in my tier list anyway, but I give the edge to yoshi personally. Too late for a post about why (just got home), but I will say this:

Star King is a dirk (not in the good way) for backing down on this, yoshi > mario all day every day
why would anything ever not be just dreamland ;)

Oh and clubba, wrong thread for this, but if you're coming to FC and you happen to play SK between now and then could you pick up the $45 he owes me?

The Star King

Smash Hero
:(

It's exactly like Luigi and Samus, I'm not sure, so I'll go with the more conservative opinion if forced to make a tier list

But yeah I'm a dirk

Take that Olikus, I have more testimonials than you

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
whats up with dk? has he been figured out or something, too many glaring weakness? too many better characters altogether?
none ever discusses him lol unless they are doing training mode combos;)

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Hyrule:

1. Pikachu
2. Fox
3. Kirby
4. Falcon
5. Mario
6. Link
7. Yoshi
8. Puff
9. DK
10. Ness
11. Samus
12. Luigi

Dreamland:

1. Pikachu
2. Kirby
3. Falcon
4. Fox
5. Mario
6. Yoshi
7. DK
8. Puff
9. Samus
10. Ness
11. Luigi
12. Link

Kinda rushed it. Might change it later.

kys

Smash Ace
Congo Jungle:
Pika
Falcon
Yoshi/Kirby
Mario
DK
Jiggs
Luigi
Samus
Ness
Link

DK and Mario could be switched. You are all noobs.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I don't know, Fox seems gay and stuff, but in fact what he does requires skills. Even a Fox spamming laser must be skilled to low laser and stuff. While only uptilting doesn't require much skill.

kys

Smash Ace
I don't know, Fox seems gay and stuff, but in fact what he does requires skills. Even a Fox spamming laser must be skilled to low laser and stuff. While only uptilting doesn't require much skill.
It takes more skill than utilt, but a ton of peeps online can shdl. I wouldn't say it's a highly exclusive skill. Lasers are too good. The way they can steal your second jump or just stun you just as you're making your approach is maddening, ESPECIALLY when you know it's not planned and it bails someone out at the last second.

I hate how his utilt hits behind him (the whole room for error thing), and how ridiculous jab is. Dtilt too. Especially on shields. And then when fox gets you in the air all he has to do is uair uair uair, and then do whatever chain of aerials he wants. Let's not forget shine either.

I'm talking myself into hating Fox more than Kirby. At least his recovery sucks.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
who cares how much tech skill something takes
well i don't know about you but I've considered 'cheap' to be something that is more effective than the skill it takes to perform. For example, since it is pretty easy to spam utilt with kirby, and is ridiculously effective, it is cheaper than foxes shdl or shsl since timing the lasers to ground height is much harder and less effective imo. Just explaining why he mentioned tech skill when talking about cheapness. If you're using a different definition of cheapness, then lets pre-emptively agree that we will not proceed to debate a definition for 4 pages like people did with 'scrub.'

The Star King

Smash Hero
^last sentence lol

Playing Sheer a ton has taught me to deal with lasers well. Honestly I'm not very worried about approaching lasery Foxes anymore. But yeah I struggled in the beginning.

Also this is subjective as ****. But Falcon > Kirby > Pikachu > Fox in cheapness, best list. PWNED OWNED

ballin4life

Smash Hero
well i don't know about you but I've considered 'cheap' to be something that is more effective than the skill it takes to perform. For example, since it is pretty easy to spam utilt with kirby, and is ridiculously effective, it is cheaper than foxes shdl or shsl since timing the lasers to ground height is much harder and less effective imo. Just explaining why he mentioned tech skill when talking about cheapness. If you're using a different definition of cheapness, then lets pre-emptively agree that we will not proceed to debate a definition for 4 pages like people did with 'scrub.'
kirby's utilt would not be any less cheap if it required a more technically difficult input. if any decent player would be able to do it with some practice (like fox SHDL) then it would still be just as cheap

it's not ease of tech skill that makes it "cheap". it's the ease of the strategy that goes into it. not sure if that makes sense but fox lasering you have to incorporate more strategy and spacing and adjustments to different characters and all that (compared with kirby utilt)

The Star King

Smash Hero
^It sounds like the issue is you're disagreeing with clubba's definition, since in his definition ease of tech skill is a factor. And you're arguing about it despite him trying to prevent it from happening. lol

ballin4life

Smash Hero
if something is "cheap" I don't care whether the guy had to practice for 5 minutes or 5 hours to be able to do it. that's all i'm saying. i think "something easy and good" is an ok definition, i just don't think something taking a tiny bit of tech skill makes it fall out of the "easy" category.

prisonchild

Smash Ace
if something is "cheap" I don't care whether the guy had to practice for 5 minutes or 5 hours to be able to do it. that's all i'm saying. i think "something easy and good" is an ok definition, i just don't think something taking a tiny bit of tech skill makes it fall out of the "easy" category.
i have to disagree, if a guy takes five minutes practising a move to maximize its effectiveness then that is the definition of cheap (a very small amount of time spent) whereas if a guy spends five hours practising he has spent a lot more time to get the same effectiveness out of his move. the moves might be as effective as the other at the end of the day but one came a lot 'cheaper'

Battlecow

Play to Win
I dunno. Is a shine-upsmash "cheap," ballin? A shine-shieldbreak? Because when it's something at that level of techskill I feel like even if you can do it 100% consistently I'll be impressed, simply because I don't see it every day.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
welcome to the 'usually right but generally accepting if they're wrong' club

star king is more right than i am, but i care less so it evens out

actually no scratch that this club is exclusive

you can form a club with tank

Sangoku

Smash Master
I completely agree with clubba.

Also lol at "it's not ease of tech skill that makes it "cheap". it's the ease of the strategy that goes into it.", then Fox shine shieldbreak, as battlecow said (or anyshield break for that matter) is cheap?

Top Bottom