• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List of Wolf's Moves

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
Out of extreme boredom and inactivity here, (which I am now making up for), I feel like making one of these. I'm pretty sure one of these exists, but I can't find it so... deal with it. And I would like your opinion on these. And this whole thing may be really redundant but it'll be kinda fun. So here goes.

S
Back Air
Neutral Air
Reflector
Pummel
All Taunts

A
Down Throw
Up Air
Forward Air
Down Smash
Boosted Up Smash (DACUS)
Forward Smash
AAA Combo

B
Up Smash
Blaster
Forward Tilt

C
Up Throw
Down Tilt
Side B

D
Back Throw
Up Tilt
Down Air

E
Up B
Dash Attack

Whaddyall think?

castorpollux

Smash Champion
I really think it depends on the match-up.

For instance, against olimars, dthrow goes up a few tier spots.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
hahahah oh wait ur right it is at A alraeddy. okay let me rephrase...

against snake, up throw/back throw go up a few tier spots

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
So does Down air ;)

Yeah I can see how uthrow would. really though what does back throw do that uthrow doesn't :p

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Out of extreme boredom and inactivity here, (which I am now making up for), I feel like making one of these. I'm pretty sure one of these exists, but I can't find it so... deal with it. And I would like your opinion on these. And this whole thing may be really redundant but it'll be kinda fun.
Works for me :p lol

I like bthrow over uthrow because the opponent stays closer to the ground. More of a personal preference I'd say, it feels easier to follow up and take advantage of their landing lag to me.

SideB isn't bottom tier :< Idk, I like a lot of Wolf's moves lol. I tried to make one of these and found myself putting almost everyting in S and A tier xD Pummel is a bit too high though IMO, it only refreshes multiple times if you wait for the hitstun to wear off before hitting them again, but the damage output is still generally very nice. It also lets us force ground breaks vs Ness/Lucas though, so it definitely secures a spot in A tier :3

:059:

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
Hmm well it IS the fastest pummel in the game. It's definitely high though.
FINE IL MOVE SIDE B UP KAY? CAUSE IT HAS A COUPLE USES :p

castorpollux

Smash Champion
This is my tier list:

S: Everything else depending on a certain matchup

F: dash attack, utilt

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Up+B in E?
I actually find it a useful suprise move at a distance.
Is it really that bad?

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Fair is not that good, AC Fair seems to be very safe, but most people forget, that you are woundable until you land again, even a retreating Fair is sometimes punished.
Of course it's a good move, though not very flexibel like the Bair which can be safely used while falling.

@Lucas Perfected:
Yes it is really bad as a suprise attack, your opponents do something wrong if they are hit by it consistently.

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
By Fair I meant AC fair.
I'll fix that
OMFG I FORGOT DASH ATTACk

UpB is a move that you can probably get away with like
1 every 3 matches :p

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Fair is not that good, AC Fair seems to be very safe, but most people forget, that you are woundable until you land again, even a retreating Fair is sometimes punished.
Bair is so much easier to get around than Fair.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Of course it's a good move, though not very flexibel like the Bair which can be safely used while falling.

@Lucas Perfected:
Yes it is really bad as a suprise attack, your opponents do something wrong if they are hit by it consistently.

Well, i dont do it a lot, seeing to it being punishable.
But i normally use it to cover distance, which may be a bad tactic; Laser spam i feel is much more useful.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
fairs only easy to get around if it hits a shield, AC'd or not your opponent can get to you regardless of wether or not you're retreating it, other than that it's a beastly safe approaching move and a decent gtfo/ko move, it sucks when you whiff it and dont AC though, wolf drops like a rock, that must hurt

castorpollux

Smash Champion
honestly, u almost never want to do an advancing fair on shield. I see too many wolfs try to do a crossover fair -> usmash, and it's actually a really ****ty tactic

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
its pretty decent if the fair actually lands but if it doesnt... you're screwed XD i like fairing into utilt but once again it sucks if the fair is shielded, i would never recommend advancing a fair, only retreating

pulse131

Smash Ace
l0ol, never did one of these for wolf. although some moves could be slightly re-arranged its nifty to have one of these. but ya like the other guys said some is M.U. specific.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
So I fight good Wolfs and lose, because I suck at the matchup
But anyone mind telling me why Dash Attack is a bad move for Wolf? It seems to be pretty good with the range and surprise factor and all.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
its just that wolf has better options at that range then to use his dash attack, that coupled with its lack of priority and cool down (which isnt awful) makes it a less desirable move to use, its not terrible though and has its uses, sometimes when i use to and hit my opponents shield the animation causes me to go over their follow up shield grab

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
Because it doesn't really put them in a bad position either.
If they're gonna get hit by a dash attack they could be hit with:
A dacus
An fsmash
A f/d tilt

and probably a whole lotta other stuff, like a AC fair.
Pretty much all I'm saying is that wolf has better options.

GET INTO WOLF CHAT PEEPS

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm still laughing @ all taunts being S Tier:laugh:
I can see the auto canceled F air being useful as well:p

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
honestly, u almost never want to do an advancing fair on shield. I see too many wolfs try to do a crossover fair -> usmash, and it's actually a really ****ty tactic
Yup, a simple Bair OoS will beat this tactic.

Also, guys, Dash Attack makes Wolf's hurtbox weird and makes shield grab attempts randomly whiff.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Dash Attack has its uses. You can use it as a techchase after a dthrow at certain % and it's useful to punish landing lag. Since you can Pivot Grab and Dash Attack out of a dash you can cover both sides of Wolf when the opponent lands.

UpB isn't useless at all it's just that people have no idea how to use it.

Finally, I'd like to add that Wolf's backflip is his best defensive move. It minimizes his hurtbox without commiting to any certain action or lag. You can attack right out of it at any time and dodge moves you would not expect.

Laem

Smash Champion
Also, guys, Dash Attack makes Wolf's hurtbox weird and makes shield grab attempts randomly whiff.
Im pretty sure that you whiff it if you shieldgrab to soon. Wait till his feet get back on the ground and it should work (unless ur grabrange sucks (maybe) i guess)

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
yeah its during the flip that the shield grab will miss wolf, most people don't think to pause for a second after their shield is hit to grab though, after a while ppl will start to adapt in a match

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Care to elaborate?

Lots of active frames you can use to punish anything laggy. Requires a good read.

And yeah, Wolf's backflip is good. A cute mixup is SH backflips towards the enemy. They'll often expect a Bair, but you can B-Reverse a safe blaster. Or just FF, doing nothing.

John102

Smash Cadet
Why are up b and side b in the bottom tiers, without them Wolf wouldn't be able to recover D=

Lol, not that he's the best at it anyway, but still.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If you use upB on the ground it won't do much because you can easily get out of it and punish. If you use it a little higher in the air the opponent can't get out and he WILL be stunned for the whole move. It's kinda like the Tornado - if you use iit on the ground it's very harmless but if you're slightly above it you can't get out.

UpB does require some good reads or baits but using it on a shield from the right distance makes it hard to punish for certain characters. It also beats standing grabs and dash grabs and goes through some projectiles.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i don't know if that means it still should be used as an attack though, the payback for an attack that "might" do about 7-11% if you're lucky and still get you punished doesn't seem too useful, that being said i've had mild success using it against characters like ike before

Choice

Smash Champion
up b is usable to recover =)

honestly most people dont know they can hit you out of up b while being hit by it and if they dont have a move that has a hitbox before up b's next hit box comes out then it will connect as long as they dont SDI it.

i think it should be avoided though. if you get hit you have penalty. if you didnt get off the ground, you have penalty. it doesn't really kill or do much damage to begin with.

Top Bottom