• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thunder Stone in hand: Raichu bolts to the scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i didnt finish reading your post jigglover because you were mentioning things that were dropped like the fire red and leaf green thing. i didnt mention it but you brought it back. my post was just meant to say that age is one factor thats there but not very important. idk how forgetting the dots is important when saying ROB.. sorry R.O.B. i was also saying my other points were more important. if you go back they are much more important

diddy kong your points actually lets me reconsider raichu tho. now i only think its unlikely for my reasons
I didn't read jiggs post, but I know I couldn't finish reading yours.

ROB was a character. He was a character within the story of Gyromite.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
actually now that you mention it that makes sense. but i thought i would drop that subject and leave it to the R.O.B forums.. dont forget the dots next time. apparently thats important

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
^ Which is also why I think that if Raichu is to be included, Pichu should as well.

In the older thread, I made a suggestion of a PT / Pikachu combining sort of character, where you start out as Pichu (assuming you take 3 stocks) and after gaining 'happiness' in this way; beat the first stock of the opponent without losing yours, you evolve into Pikachu. Who again, could evolve into Raichu upon finding the Thunder Stone, which would appear as an item Pikachu needs to grab. Opponents in return could also get the Thunder Stone and either throw it off stage, or throw it at Pikachu.

There'd also be the possibility to play as Pikachu alone but you'd have to press at Pikachu specifically, much like Zelda / Sheik and the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon.

It's very unlikely to happen, and I feel that if they do this for Pikachu, why not do this for Pokemon Trainer as well? Options: 'Standard Pokemon Trainer' - Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, 'Fire Starter Pokemon Trainer' - Charmander evolving into Charizard, 'Grass Starter Trainer' - Bulbasaur evolving into Venusaur and 'Water Starter Trainer' - Squirtle evolving into Blastoise.

Igglybuff - Jigglypuff - Wigglytuff and Riolu - Lucario could also work, but it might be too much work. Just add in standalone Mewtwo, Lucario and a 5th gen rep and Pokemon would be fine. But really, it all depends on how many characters are to be added.
20 pokémon? There are enough of them as it is, I don't want the entirety of the new roster being dedicated to pokémons when most of them would barely add anything beyond a faster or stronger version of something.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
^ Which is also why I think that if Raichu is to be included, Pichu should as well.

In the older thread, I made a suggestion of a PT / Pikachu combining sort of character, where you start out as Pichu (assuming you take 3 stocks) and after gaining 'happiness' in this way; beat the first stock of the opponent without losing yours, you evolve into Pikachu. Who again, could evolve into Raichu upon finding the Thunder Stone, which would appear as an item Pikachu needs to grab. Opponents in return could also get the Thunder Stone and either throw it off stage, or throw it at Pikachu.

There'd also be the possibility to play as Pikachu alone but you'd have to press at Pikachu specifically, much like Zelda / Sheik and the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon.

It's very unlikely to happen, and I feel that if they do this for Pikachu, why not do this for Pokemon Trainer as well? Options: 'Standard Pokemon Trainer' - Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, 'Fire Starter Pokemon Trainer' - Charmander evolving into Charizard, 'Grass Starter Trainer' - Bulbasaur evolving into Venusaur and 'Water Starter Trainer' - Squirtle evolving into Blastoise.

Igglybuff - Jigglypuff - Wigglytuff and Riolu - Lucario could also work, but it might be too much work. Just add in standalone Mewtwo, Lucario and a 5th gen rep and Pokemon would be fine. But really, it all depends on how many characters are to be added.
It's not a bad idea, but I think that Pikachu is too much important and that they want to keep him as a single character in the game. Seen that the alternate costumes will come (I refuse to think that they'll put only a color swap again), I think that Pichu and Raichu could be those. Also the thunder stone idea, even if cool, is risky. Sure it's an item that could work for other characters too (I don't know, they throw it and the opponent gets electrocuted or something like that) but I'm not sure.

vGxVisions

Smash Cadet
I like the idea but,
Pikachu-1st gen
Jigglypuff-1st gen
Squirtle-1st gen
Ivysaur-1st gen
Charizard-1st gen
Mewtwo (if he is to return)-1st gen
And of course, if Raichu was picked-1st gen
Too many first gen pokemon!- Pikachu with Raichu and Pichu as alternate costumes
PK Trainer with other pokemon from the other regions as alternate costumes
Jigglypuff(would anyone use wigglytuff or igglybuff?)
Mewtwo (Lucario and Zoroark possibly?)
And then a fifth rep...

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I would hate to see alternate costumes for the Pokémon Trainer like Charizard-Blaziken.
How could that work?
Alternate costumes shouldn't be other characters, with a few exceptions.
I mean it's like putting Luigi as an alternate costume of Mario. Why?
Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu could work since they're essentially the same creature/character (like Link/Toon Link/Young Link).
Squirtle/Piplup (for example) wouldn't make sense in any way. The moveset would be broken, it would feel weird.

vGxVisions

Smash Cadet
Dr. Mario would work for Mario and Falco and Wolf would work for Fox and Ganon would work for C.Falcon but only one of them would be relevant in my opinion and thats Dr. Mario as the same as his game was a spin off to Mario Bros. he is a spin off to Mario.
Other's could be:
Mr.L to Luigi
Daisy to Peach
Dark Pit to Pit
Toon Zelda to Zelda
Toon Sheik to Sheik
Dark Samus to Samus
The list goes on, I just thought alternate costumes for the PK trainer but the moveset was tweaked to fit every Pokemon and therefore everyone's favorite starter isn't left out.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Dr. Mario would work for Mario and Falco and Wolf would work for Fox and Ganon would work for C.Falcon but only one of them would be relevant in my opinion and thats Dr. Mario as the same as his game was a spin off to Mario Bros. he is a spin off to Mario.
Other's could be:
Mr.L to Luigi
Daisy to Peach
Dark Pit to Pit
Toon Zelda to Zelda
Toon Sheik to Sheik
Dark Samus to Samus
The list goes on, I just thought alternate costumes for the PK trainer but the moveset was tweaked to fit every Pokemon and therefore everyone's favorite starter isn't left out.
But Blaziken is nothing like Charizard. Similiar with other starter pokemon evolutions.

D

Deleted member

If the sarcasm is obnoxiously obvious, then yes, yes it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom