• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thunder Stall

D

Deleted member

Identical to Jiggly's Sing Stall in Melee (Drop from ledge, jump up, and sing) except you use Thunder with Pikachu.

You will be edge-hogging and if you time it right you'll also have a great chance to **** them with the explosion around you.

I've just been ****in around with this, it's working really well. Thought I'd let some fellow Pika players know.

Tell me what you think. Try it out.

I have this feeling that the range of the electric explosion around you is extended somehow when you do this, but I can't be sure...

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
Well, do you get your recovery back when using Thunder faster than you did in Melee?

D

Deleted member

You can recover from a thunder and grab the ledge all in one ledge hop. It's real sick.

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
That's cool. I couldn't count the number of times I've committed suicide because I short hopped off of the edge and used Thunder...

:)

D

Deleted member

You'll only suicide using this if you don't ledge hop. When I first started using this, I would drop and use Thunder. You gotta drop, ledge hop then use thunder. If you don't, you'll probably die.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You could still probably get hit before the thunder fully comes out and hits you...just saying. I never experimented with this so if the thunder does get out, awesome!

D

Deleted member

How could you get hit? If they're off the edge and youre ledgehogging, you can simply thunder stall. No danger. Entirely safe.

D

Deleted member

Sadly, I have no way of posting a vid, but it's not exactly needed. It's simply a ledge-hopped Thunder, but you will grab the ledge again.

D

Deleted member

Grab and hold ledge

Press down on the control stick to "drop" from the the ledge

Jump

Thunder

Automatically grab ledge

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Um...people with good recoveries could just auto sweetspot then you fall which could lead to an edgeguard....just saying.

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
This is probably going to be used. It edgehogs, give you invincibility frames, and edgegaurds the wall above you.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Good **** Canada. I'd still like to see some videos of this, I'm having trouble visualizing it. Too used to Melee still I guess.

Anther

Smash Champion
I r excited for this =O. I used to do something similar in Melee. You ledgehop the thunder, then as long as you up-b straight up afterwards you'd be safely back on the ledge.
This sounds a bit more useful than jumping out and creating a thunderwall... Sexy find.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Smash Apprentice
Grab and hold ledge

Press down on the control stick to "drop" from the the ledge

Jump

Thunder

Automatically grab ledge
Wow, I've never done this before. It sounds awesome!! ^_^

In Melee, I was always too afraid to try anything like that (I think I might've tried that once or twice but ended up dying).

Anyway, so in Brawl, after you use Thunder you can automatically grab the ledge? But how would you grab the ledge while you're using Thunder? Or do you grab the ledge again, after Thunder is finished?

I haven't played Brawl yet, so I have no idea how Pikachu's moves work.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
You can re-grab after jolts as well...

I wasn't gonna post it. Even though it wouldn't have taken long to find out about

Guess that's just the greedy side of me.

Also since it's already out of the bag

You can do the jump into thunder about 1 1/2 pika lengths below the ledge and still re-grab it

Top Bottom