• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on the new Wario amiibo?

Will you be getting one?

• Yeah!

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Waluigi hates this!

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Wahahaha! He's finally here! No more waiting, the big man was finally announced today!

http://kotaku.com/new-wave-of-amiibo-coming-soon-1679425016

Is anyone else as excited as me about getting one? Personally I love the initial look at the amiibo design, and while I would've loved his plumber outfit too, his biker outfit looks awesome in all its plastic high detail glory!

Share your thoughts, Wario fans! :wario:

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Day 1

Guessing overalls one will get an amiibo too like the new Mario amiibos, which is also day 1. PERFECT

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
They captured his in-game likeness very well.

This is a Day 1 purchase for me too. I'm not at all disappointed.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Literally as soon as he was announced I looked up the Nintendo website, before almost plunging into deep dispair at finding it not immediately available for preorder xD

While I'm an avid Amiibo collector, having all the current ones and eager to collect them all (oh, Sakurai you shrewd business man you!), this is the one I've REALLY been desperate for.
They captured his in-game likeness very well.

This is a Day 1 purchase for me too. I'm not at all disappointed.
I certainly agree with you there, and that's one of the things that most appeals to me about the Amiibos. Sure their functionality in game is cool and all, but it's the fact that they're such detailed replicas of the Smash Bros trophies that really hooked me. Wario's is certainly no exception to the rule!

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
He got one surprisingly early. I honestly thought all the starter characters would get amiibos first.

Definitely picking it up as soon as I can.

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
Going to buy like 3 of these.

One to use, one I'm going to put in a display case next to the Wario fight pad I'll be buying but not using, and one to keep in the box.

Waaaaaaahahahah aahahhahahahhahha!

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
Not a huge fan of biker outfit, so I'm gonna wait for the mario series amiibos to release an overalls. Day 1 preorder as soon as that happens though.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
I wish they'd hurry up and release them.. It's taking them ages and my money's just sitting waiting for the great Wario!

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I may even get 2, one to keep boxed and one for fun. I'll also get one from the Mario Wave once he's announced, but i use him on smash anyway. That way I can fight against a WarioWare and a WarioLand Wario anytime. nice!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Not 100% confirmed yet, but here's a MP10 Wario overalls amiibo from the Japanese site.

I like how they even have Wario's biker helmet from WarioWare and his explorer hat from Wario Land in the background.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Not 100% confirmed yet, but here's a MP10 Wario overalls amiibo from the Japanese site.

I like how they even have Wario's biker helmet from WarioWare and his explorer hat from Wario Land in the background.
I can't believe Mario Party does a better job of showing Wario's history than Smash Bros.

Ultimania

Smash Rookie
Waiting to pre-order that and most of the other Wave 4 amiibos like a madman. What's the hold up, Reggie? :(

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Well everyone, HE'S OUT!!! Just received mine today, and he's brilliant! I was surprised that Wario actually had so much detail on him , in particular the denim on his jeans, stitching in his jacket and even small Ws perfectly placed on his buttons! Nintendo have done my favourite character justice! Oh Nintendo,
image.jpg

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Got mine, today.

I gotta say, it's my favorite. I have amassed 9 amiibo by now but they all pale in comparison to my main.

His pose unfortunately leads to him resting on those 2 transparent stands, but that's OK.

One minor nitpick I got is that the upper inside of his mouth is just colored white, but you cannot normally see that. so yeah, great amiibo overall, named mine "Wadonis".

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Got mine, today.

I gotta say, it's my favorite. I have amassed 9 amiibo by now but they all pale in comparison to my main.

His pose unfortunately leads to him resting on those 2 transparent stands, but that's OK.

One minor nitpick I got is that the upper inside of his mouth is just colored white, but you cannot normally see that. so yeah, great amiibo overall, named mine "Wadonis".
I noticed the white on the inside of his mouth too. While i agree it does look a little rushed in that department, i have to say the rest of the model is flawless! He's definitely my favourite amiibo too!

Wadonis... That rings a bell somehow... I just can't put my finger on it! xD lol

I need to think of a nickname for mine now xP

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I noticed the white on the inside of his mouth too. While i agree it does look a little rushed in that department, i have to say the rest of the model is flawless! He's definitely my favourite amiibo too!

Wadonis... That rings a bell somehow... I just can't put my finger on it! xD lol

I need to think of a nickname for mine now xP
maybe we squared off on for glory, once. I used to use that tag when I played Wario, though nowadays I just stick with GGuy ;)

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
maybe we squared off on for glory, once. I used to use that tag when I played Wario, though nowadays I just stick with GGuy ;)
I think i do remember playing a match actually! :D I love Wario mirror fights xD i'll be looking out for you in For Glory then! ;)

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I only want three Amiibos out of the cast and that is Dedede, Wario, and Olimar. Dedede is long gone unless I want to pay outrageous prices to get one and I completely missed out on Wario pre-orders so I'm gunna have to scramble to find one. Hopefully it will be worth the all the trouble.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
I really wish they would release a Wario amiibo with his traditional outfit. Well, I guess I wait for the Mario series one.

axelalexzander

Smash Cadet
I wish he was wearing his classic purple and yellow in the figure. Still confused as to why the bike suit is his default palette in smash.

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I'd like an overalls wearing Wario Smash Amiibo.

I don't collect them myself because holy cow what hunt it becomes to get some of them. But they look beautiful.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
Just received my Wario amiibo in the mail along with Pac-Man. He's just soooo awesome!! So glad I bought it.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
They say that good things come to those who wait. Well... I waited and today when I went to Gamestop they had one last Wario Amiibo is stock. Here he is in all his glory.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
They say that good things come to those who wait. Well... I waited and today when I went to Gamestop they had one last Wario Amiibo is stock. Here he is in all his glory.

Glad to hear you got the big man himself :) he's certainly one of my favourite amiibo in the collection (along with Dr Mario, who i was lucky enough to find in an HMV that had just gotten fresh stock yesterday :D ).

Enjoy your Amiibo, and congrats again! ^^

Top Bottom