• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Thoughts on the music?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

They outdid themselves.

They didn't just give me an amazing arrangement of Rosalina's theme, but LUMA's theme too (aka the storybook theme).

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Not to be picky and greedy, but there's more music coming and Crunchii just hasn't gotten to the rest of the songs, right?

"With Us," "Adventure's End," and "Tragic Decision" are missing.

Vash_VisionZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vash_VisionZ
3DS FC
4596-9838-7829
Very surprised to see that the Sonic Generations remix of "Rooftop Run" made it in along with the original "City Escape". Even though I would love some Sonic remixes, at least they did a great job picking which of his original mixes made it in.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

Oooh, I don't even know what game this is from, but it has the composer of Kingdom Hearts written all over it, and I LOVE her compositions. It even has a gorgeous oboe part. Yay!

I mean, it literally sounds like it's taken right out of a Kingdom Hearts game. Lol.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Oooh, I don't even know what game this is from, but it has the composer of Kingdom Hearts written all over it, and I LOVE her compositions. It even has a gorgeous oboe part. Yay!

I mean, it literally sounds like it's taken right out of a Kingdom Hearts game. Lol.
It's from Xenoblade Chronicles and it's the original version.

Yoko Shimomura worked on that game (along with other composers, most of them also working in this game). She also composed for the Kingdom Hearts series, Mario & Luigi series and is remixing a few songs for this game as well. She also did some remixes for Brawl.

Some songs she remixed for this game include Try, Try Again from Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros., Route 10 from Pokémon Black / White and Magicant / Eight Melodies from Mother.

Last edited:

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Not to be picky and greedy, but there's more music coming and Crunchii just hasn't gotten to the rest of the songs, right?

"With Us," "Adventure's End," and "Tragic Decision" are missing.
Are you saying "With Us" is in the game, or you just want it in the game?

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
The gaur plains and confrontation with the enemy remixes from Xenoblade medley are just too powerful.

This guy went and uploaded most if not all of the soundtracks extended.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
The gaur plains and confrontation with the enemy remixes from Xenoblade medley are just too powerful.

This guy went and uploaded most if not all of the soundtracks extended.
Not all of them.

We still don't have Jungle Level Jazz Style, Jungle Level Tribal Style, or Donkey Kong Country Returns (Vocals)

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Besides the obvious roster and stage reveals. Music is probably my 3rd most favorite thing about Smash. The music in here seems amazing. A few things I'm disappointed about are..

1. MEGA MAN No Mega Man 7,9,10 songs selections or melodys. Obviously they have never heard galaxy man theme. No snake man from mega man 3?

2. DKC Why so many remixes of the same song. Do they hate David Wise? Have they not heard his amazing soundtracks from DKC 2 & DKC 3 by the way?

3. MARIO RPGS
Pick any amazing Mario RPG series and your favorite song is most likely not in Smash = |

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Besides the obvious roster and stage reveals. Music is probably my 3rd most favorite thing about Smash. The music in here seems amazing. A few things I'm disappointed about are..

1. MEGA MAN No Mega Man 7,9,10 songs selections or melodys. Obviously they have never heard galaxy man theme. No snake man from mega man 3?

2. DKC Why so many remixes of the same song. Do they hate David Wise? Have they not heard his amazing soundtracks from DKC 2 & DKC 3 by the way?

3. MARIO RPGS
Pick any amazing Mario RPG series and your favorite song is most likely no in Smash = |
I do not expect to see we believe in you mario at all anyway, but I do expect the Paper Mario medley and MAYBE a pm64 track.

so, just wait...

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I saw "Pollyanna (I Believe in You)" does that mean the vocal track is in?

I mean because in the past whenever its the one from melee or the one from mother its just called "Pollyanna"

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I do not expect to see we believe in you mario at all anyway, but I do expect the Paper Mario medley and MAYBE a pm64 track.

so, just wait...
Great track by the way....wait are you saying there is still more tracks that will be unlocked from the stages we have already seen?

I'm actually quite shocked how Paper Mario doesn't have a stage on the Wii U. I'm not talking about the 3DS one. I think a TTYD stage would suit the Wii U one much better. The soundtrack from the console Paper Mario's are sooo awesome!

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Love the Xenoblade music. (original Confrontation with the enemy!!) Too little Mother 3 music so far, hoping more can be unlocked. Haven't listened to much else, don't want to spoil everything.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I'm absolutely loving the music in this game. I wish Nintendo would release a digital soundtrack though, the quality would probably be better than ripping the songs I like off of YT.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Great track by the way....wait are you saying there is still more tracks that will be unlocked from the stages we have already seen?

I'm actually quite shocked how Paper Mario doesn't have a stage on the Wii U. I'm not talking about the 3DS one. I think a TTYD stage would suit the Wii U one much better. The soundtrack from the console Paper Mario's are sooo awesome!
First, you're jumping to concusion because I have reasons to think there might still be a stage.

Second, here's why it could get most likely 1, but maybe 2 tracks.

The Paper Mario medley was heard in the direct. They confirmed that almost every 3ds songs was comming back to the WiiU. Conclusion, it is very likely that the Paper Mario medley is in the game especially because when I heard the music, I noticed way better stereo effects as if the music was adapted to the WiiU version in contrast with the 3ds one (yeah, all 3ds music got equalised to sound good on their speaker...really disappointed because it decreased the music uality).

But the second track is interesting. There's a new composer for the WiiU version and this composer usually was only credited for fire emblem and indeed only did fire emblem music, but this time, he got credited for both fire emblem AND "Paper Mario" not TTYD so it didn't meant the series fbut pm64 specifically. It's already confirmed that he does fire emblem music, but getting an additional credits like this show me that a second track from pm64 is likely.

But what do you notice? If those music (one which is almost confirmed) is there, they're going to be unlockable. This is why it can go either way, new stage? or just alternate tracks on known stages?

We don't know and we'll likely know at release even.

Andwe believe in you mario is really the best vgm I've heard of all time. Seriously, the first time I was exposed to its associated cutscene, I had to stay still on my chair for 10 minutes wondering if I was still playing a video game...it was just that amazing.

But I unfortunately don't expect it to happen at all. The music doesn't sounds like a fitting one for smash, but nonetheless, I'll of course freak out if it's in...

Last edited:

Azew

Smash Lord
City escape should have been in since Brawl, they made poor choices with Wii Fit Studio's music, and SMG music is always good.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord

They outdid themselves.

They didn't just give me an amazing arrangement of Rosalina's theme, but LUMA's theme too (aka the storybook theme).
Oh God THIS. It's so beautiful I almost cry every time I hear it. I'm not even exaggerating.
Anyway I hope Wii U musics can be added to the 3DS SD card so I can play those amazing Wii U exclusives musics when I play Smash Run. But unless Sakurai or someone from Namco Bandai had this genuine idea I I guess it won't happen :(

Oh, and please the Mario 64 credits as a music. One of my all-time favourite video game musics, I really want to see it remixed in this Smash, but I guess newer Mario games out-prioritize Mario 64 when it comes to music.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm really enjoying the new music.

Not counting ports and older songs, the two standouts for me are the valedictory elegy (Baiten Kaitos) and the Style Savvy: Trendsetters remix, it's super catchy.

Also the Xenoblade Chronicles medley is glorious, although it doesn't flow quite as well as I'd like.

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
5 Mega Man remixes. Five.
Plus 3 Medleys.
but yet hardly any Sonic remixes :/ Sonic Soundtracks are, IMO, some of the best. And it's sad to see that Only Angel Island Zone has been remixed. I would normally say "Oh well, he's a 3rd party character, you can't expect much highlights" but Mega Man and Pacman both have quite a bit of remixed songs so it kinda sucks haha. Anyone think Sakurai has any issue with the Sonic franchise..? IM NOT SAYING HE DOES but i wonder if he does haha. Oh well.. I'm just rambling.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
but yet hardly any Sonic remixes :/ Sonic Soundtracks are, IMO, some of the best. And it's sad to see that Only Angel Island Zone has been remixed. I would normally say "Oh well, he's a 3rd party character, you can't expect much highlights" but Mega Man and Pacman both have quite a bit of remixed songs so it kinda sucks haha. Anyone think Sakurai has any issue with the Sonic franchise..? IM NOT SAYING HE DOES but i wonder if he does haha. Oh well.. I'm just rambling.
Not issues with Sonic himself, but maybe issues with rights about music.

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
Sonic got extremely shafted. There was no excuse this time around to not put any remixes in. I wonder what happened? There's plenty of old school Sonic titles to draw remixes from. Metropolis Zone? Mystic Cave Zone? Hydrocity Zone?
THIS. Is my main dissapointment.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I personally think Smash 4 has a great selection of music. I just wish Electrodome from MK8 was included.

Last edited:

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
I would LOVE an HD Thousand Year Door stage, maybe Rougeport or Glitzville or something. If for no other reason other than we would get music from TTYD (and PM64/SPM too which would be great although TTYD is still my favorite)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It is probably fake, but

If this is in, then I kinda want to stop predicting music.

Sure as hell hope its a remix though.

IT REALLY NEEDS IT.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
It is probably fake, but

It is definitely fake, like it isn't even questionable! It's an injoke in the Sonic fandom. They're not going to actually pick that of all Sonic songs for the game. :laugh:

It would've been so dead funny if that was actually real, but alas it isn't

If this is in, then I kinda want to stop predicting music.

Sure as hell hope its a remix though.

IT REALLY NEEDS IT.
Actually, this song is an actual remix (or demix) of a Sonic 3 song.

Last edited:

Naoshi

I know.

Still...

Oy....
It amazes me that song came from Bioware... of all companies. Sonic must be some kind of curse :S

EDIT: Has anyone find any Pokemon Gold/Silver song yet? Like... any at all? :( I'm even willing to settle for that same Melee remix for the 3rd time again...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It amazes me that song came from Bioware... of all companies. Sonic must be some kind of curse :S

EDIT: Has anyone find any Pokemon Gold/Silver song yet? Like... any at all? :( I'm even willing to settle for that same Melee remix for the 3rd time again...
Poke Floats.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Naoshi

Poke Floats is actually a medley of various Pokemon Battle themes. I believe Lance's theme is in there.
Wait, really? Wow, I must've forgotten...

EDIT: Hmmm, I think the Lance theme was in Pokemon Stadium 1's alt song actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isg4WbKh3XM

This has the Wild/Trainer/Gym theme from R/B. While Stadium 1's alt song has G/S's Wild/Trainer/Lance (I think).

Though, nice that PokeFloats theme made it. It's a pretty awesome remix, I'm gonna assume this is in Pokemon Stadium 2?

Last edited:
Top Bottom