• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Thoughts on the music?

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
So, for those who don't know, GameXplain made a video showing off all the songs in the Wii U version, 323 in all!

I was wondering what everyones thoughts on the songs are? Personally, I'm very hype about the Sonic songs, Pokemon Center Remix, and the return of Brawls theme.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
OST looks great so far, but Sonic is a major disappointment so far for me. Every song are the originals while the remixes already existed in games years ago. Sonic music ranks high in my favorite gaming BGMs, so I really want fresh remixes... Hoping the unlock songs will fix that.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yuga theme? Lorule, LoZ Title Theme, Ballad of the Goddess/Ghirahim Theme? M&L Grand Finale? Team Flare, N Castle?

And many more... It's FRIGGIN EPIC.

Also, I'm glad that Tabuu's theme is on Final Destination.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
OST looks great so far, but Sonic is a major disappointment so far for me. Every song are the originals while the remixes already existed in games years ago. Sonic music ranks high in my favorite gaming BGMs, so I really want fresh remixes... Hoping the unlock songs will fix that.
I prefer the modern Sonic songs. Reach for the stars~

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I prefer the modern Sonic songs. Reach for the stars~
I do wonder if there will be more Sonic Colors songs.

I do like the songs (well most) that are in it so far though. Just that I've listened to a lot of them to death by now lol

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
I'm lovin' it so far. Super Mario World Medley, Super Mario 3D World music, Great Sea remix, Lightning Chariot Base remix, Minor Ciruit remix, Dillon music... it's all so good!

Also, I've been listening to Final Destination Version 2 all day. It's freaking AMAZING. It's probably my favorite verison of the Smash 4 theme right now:

Grand Finals for every Smash Wii U tournament should take place on FD with this song playing in the background. It's 2hype4me

Last edited:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Final Destination Ver. 2 and the Xenoblade Chronicles Medley are simply orgasmic.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Considering there's at least 100 songs that have gone unheard so far, I'm very pleased with the music within Smash Bros. for Wii U. It's everything I wanted and perhaps even more, depending on what the unlock able songs are. Honestly, all I really want now is Divine Decree (Ablaze) and Don't Speak Her Name from Fire Emblem: Awakening. If I get those two songs, I will be over the moon with joy! ^_^

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Sonic got extremely shafted. There was no excuse this time around to not put any remixes in. I wonder what happened? There's plenty of old school Sonic titles to draw remixes from. Metropolis Zone? Mystic Cave Zone? Hydrocity Zone?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sonic got extremely shafted. There was no excuse this time around to not put any remixes in. I wonder what happened? There's plenty of old school Sonic titles to draw remixes from. Metropolis Zone? Mystic Cave Zone? Hydrocity Zone?
I agree. I'm sad that Sonic got no love in the remix department.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Out of the few songs I've managed to listen to, Final Destination Ver. 2 and the Fire Emblem Meeting Theme Medley are my two personal favorites. However, I'm personally disappointed with the song representation for both F-Zero and Sonic. While I love the Mute City remix that's in the game, there are a lot more F-Zero songs they could have remixed, you know, like any one of the three Port Town themes -_-

As for the Sonic songs, I don't even know where to begin. Seeing as how both Mega Man and Pac-Man got some serious love in the music department, you would think they'd have given Sonic the same kind of treatment to keep things fair; or have at the very least ONE new song so I can turn the other ones off.

Here's hoping that music DLC will be a thing (or that the unlockable songs will throw something unexpected my way)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Remember that GameXplain just showed the default song list, and not all of the music.

I hope we get some cool Pac-Man music, and not just the 3 tracks we got on the 3DS. (Although those were cool.)

I think it will be a little strange hearing Porky's Theme in Onett.......

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Some of the sountrack is already on Youtube, The Xenoblade Medley is too awesome to be described with simple words

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
I am disappointed yet also satisfied with the Megaman music. It has so many awesome songs which is awesome,but what disappoints me is the lack of music from outside the classic series. Megaman X, Zero, and ZX music would be awesome, even if it was just all in one medley or just one song from those games!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Oh, the Super Mario World Medley is awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ln3XP72byM

Then there's the Super Mario Bros. - The Lost Levels Medley, sounding like REALLY instrumental versions of the normal Super Mario Bros. music, like the Mario characters are putting on a show or play or something.

AND LORULE FIELD. I loved playing A Link Between Worlds.

The Great Cave Offensive is awesome too. I can go on all day and night about the music......

Here's some spooky music: (Luigi's Mansion)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC9U-vHrZ3o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNOI3PSYDyU

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Final Destination Ver. 2 is taking the already epic theme of SSB4 and make it even more epic in the scale of epic epicness with a little touch of Prog Metal vibe.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
It's really strange that With Us is missing from the Meeting Theme, making me hope it's an unlockable CD. That song is way too good to not be in Smash.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Other than Sonic's lack of remixes...

...this game's music is infinitely better than Brawl's...and that's saying a lot because Brawl's was already amazing.

The content of music in this game is blowing my mind.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I think the music gives us a good idea of what stages aren't returning. Summit is definitely gone, but New Pork City's music was given to Onett, which is strange because of how perfectly it would have fit for 8 player Smash.

BBC7

Smash Ace
I am disappointed yet also satisfied with the Megaman music. It has so many awesome songs which is awesome,but what disappoints me is the lack of music from outside the classic series. Megaman X, Zero, and ZX music would be awesome, even if it was just all in one medley or just one song from those games!
That's just the default music, music that tends to be less related to the stage is usually unlockable. Mega Man X is less related to Wily Castle than classic Mega Man.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The quality of most of the remixes are pretty great, but the music selection is so far not as good as it was in Brawl. That doesn't mean it's bad though, it's still great of course, but I'm still looking for something to really blow me away, there's nothing that's comparable to the remixes of the Super Metroid theme or Meta Knight's Revenge from Brawl so far.

Also, most of the Pokémon remixes are garbage, despite usually being good songs they completely butchered the Team Flare and Reshiram/Zekrom themes to me. I know it's Game Freak that did the remasters on the 3DS version, and sadly I didn't dig the majority of X & Y's soundtrack either, I think they're losing their touch.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I'd like to remind everyone that is clamouring for new Sonic remixes, DK music, Metroid, ect, that this is just the default song list. DEFAULT SONG LIST, meaning that there's at least 100 songs to unlock given a screenshot a while back showing the song list for the game at around 430 pieces of music. And I wouldn't be surprised to see 200 song unlocks in the game to be perfectly honest. I say we hold our judgement on the music selection for the game until the full list of songs is revealed because chances are, there's more than likely more Sonic, DK and Metroid music, along with more music for the other series represented in the game.

As for the quality of the music so far, I'm quite pleased with what I've heard so far. Most of the music that I wanted in the game is in the game, except for two REALLY important pieces of music from Fire Emblem: Awakening, but I still have hope that they are in the game somewhere. Other than those two, I'm perfectly content with what we have so far, but given that I know there's at least 100 songs to unlock within the game, possibly even more, I'm looking forward to seeing the full majesty of Smash Bros. Wii U's music.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
That's just the default music, music that tends to be less related to the stage is usually unlockable. Mega Man X is less related to Wily Castle than classic Mega Man.
Yeah I forgot this is just the default music list. I hope there is a Megaman X related stage with songs from the games I mentioned before.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Wait, that's just the default music? There's MORE?!

*faints*

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I have Baten Kaitos, but not Origins. I loved this song and my jaw dropped when I heard it play in the soundtrack. Sakuraba makes some of the absolute best music in video games, and Smash needed an epic piece by him to be complete.

What stage does it play on? I have a feeling it would fit Palutena's Temple since he composed Kid Icarus: Uprising's soundtrack, but it would also work on Final Destination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtYeNx_mVLc

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I've never played Baten Kaitos, but this is one of my favorite songs in the game. Gaur Plain and Palutena's Temple are stacked when it comes to music.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Surprisingly I find the Smash Tour music to be very enjoyable in a relaxing way. I can't find it anywhere on Youtube though. :(

Top Bottom