• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on a couple of codes

kupo15

Smash Hero
What is everyone's opinion about the throw speed. I think we also could use the throw speed code granted its not buggy. The first time this code came to us it was buggy but reports say that the throw speed code works fine. Did we get another throw speed code? If it does work fine, I would suggest a slight increase about 1.1 or something.

Hitlag I think is currently set to 50% plus 1. I propose it to be 40% + 1. I have been playing with this setting and it feels great. Here is the comparison:

old 50% 40%
1 1 1
2 2 1
3 2 2
4 3 2
5 3 3
6 4 3
7 4 3
8 5 4
9 5 4
10 6 5
11 6 5
12 7 5
13 7 6
14 8 6
15 8 7
16 9 7
17 9 7
18 10 8
19 10 8
20 11 9

Thoughts?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Jump is a maybe.

Last I heard about the throw speed code, it was just the differing values that were resulting in different glitches occurring. I think this is one we should be working on as a case by case basis...

kupo15

Smash Hero
Why is jump a maybe? I think it takes too long to jump and it gives you a better transfer to the air especially the slower characters. Their jump speeds are really bad

I added one more thing I forgot to mention in the op

These are changes I would like to see in the next set

EDIT: nvm, jump 1.3 is already in beta 3.1. Is it not listed or did I just miss that line?

KishSquared

Smash Master
Hey guys, Bowser main here.

Please don't change the jump speed. It's really fine the way it is. Let's not change things that don't need to be changed.

You have my support.

Jeff

kupo15

Smash Hero
Hey guys, Bowser main here.

Please don't change the jump speed. It's really fine the way it is. Let's not change things that don't need to be changed.

You have my support.

Jeff
why not? If you play with a slight jump speed increase with ike and take it away, its a big difference. And what does being a bowser main have to do with it? It should really help you more than it hurts you. Wasnt it you who asked for more powerful jumps anyway?

KishSquared

Smash Master
Wasn't me, never asked for that. Being a Bowser main, I probably have the slowest jump, and it's nothing I mind. It's part of the character, part of being a heavy.

More or less, I have a problem with totally screwing up the balance of all characters by changing their jump speeds. Why not balance them with slow jump speeds? What's objectively good about changing it?

People are very change-happy in this forum. Take things slow, why are we pushing to change EVERYTHING under the sun? I never would have thought that jump speed needed to be changed.

Top Bottom