• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

those of you who think melee is more competitive...

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
how many of you go to brawl tournaments anyway? personally i think that if you want melee to have more tournaments you shouldn't compete in brawl tournaments at all but i'm not going to go on a forum holy war about it. just curious is all...
i ended up going to a brawl tournament and asking to play melee. i didnt touch brawl for the rest of the night. if this type of activity is frequently evident across the board of competitive smashers, i think that should say something about the competitive validity of brawl itself. as VA smashers have declared, brawl is a side game that shall take the backseat to melee in competitive settings.

id like to add that brawl is an infant game now and should be either played casually, or to find new things about it.

Declan

Smash Apprentice
I go to Brawl tournaments and I think Melee is more competitive.

It's not like I have a problem with Brawl tournaments; I just prefer Melee ones.
That's how I feel. I would enter a brawl tournament even though I don't think the game is as competitive as melee. I would rather enter a melee tournament though. I'm really good at it even though I never had a chance to really get into the tournament scene. Also, I don't own a wii and haven't been able to play brawl very much.

Shifty McSly

Smash Cadet
Melee will endure the same fate as Smash64 at the hands of its newer rival, new rivals allways win btw
consider the case of counter strike source vs counter strike 1.6. 1.6, despite being like 8 years old, is still considered the more competition-worthy game.
I'm with you guys, brawl is too slow and dull, melee was the first game that I actually found interesting to watch, the same cannot be said of brawl.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
The first Brawl tournament I went to (not counting gamestop lulz) I stopped caring because it just wasn't as fun as Melee was.

Also, Bailey and Bawls is the hardest, best mixed drink in the world.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Brawl facilitates competition by allowing you to put your skill against another's. The difference between Brawl and Melee is that Melee has a wider range of skill due to a wider variety of techniques.

It's actually quite a simple concept, and there really is no room for debate.

MikeMoney

Smash Apprentice
but melee had more potential than brawl, even tho brawls life is earlier and there is alot to fine its the overall physics of the game itself that make it not as competitive as melee

Binx

Smash Master
I wish people would stop sucking brawls e-penis and realize that it's a slow, boring, campfest of a nub game and preferably go back to melee, or play street fighter instead so at the VERY LEAST I could have some sort of fun playing a fighting game.

breakdown: Brawl is terrible unless your playing 1v1v1v1 free for all with items on. Melee = awesome no matter how you play it

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
I wish people would stop sucking brawls e-penis and realize that it's a slow, boring, campfest of a nub game and preferably go back to melee, or play street fighter instead so at the VERY LEAST I could have some sort of fun playing a fighting game.

breakdown: Brawl is terrible unless your playing 1v1v1v1 free for all with items on. Melee = awesome no matter how you play it
Agreed with everything else but Street Fighter part because I'm not big fan of fighting games outside Smash. :p Too bad vast majority of newly registered users don't seem to notice Melee's superiority.

Miharu

Smash Hero
So, that's it, innit?

Just bend over and take it up the flush pipe from Sakurai.

Sheesh, at least TRY to squeeze as much competitiveness out f Brawl like you did to Melee.

Don't let that ****ing troll Sakurai discourage you.
So, Brawl fanboys can't stand the fact that Brawl is, by nature and design, less competitive than Melee? You'll then make a point that unless people like Brawl, they're *****-whipped ***gots that are "scared" of the competition in Brawl or some other useless ****.

That's pathetic.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
So, that's it, innit?

Just bend over and take it up the flush pipe from Sakurai.

Sheesh, at least TRY to squeeze as much competitiveness out f Brawl like you did to Melee.

Don't let that ****ing troll Sakurai discourage you.
Here's a better idea, instead of trying to get back at Sakurai by making his game competitive and deep(you know, doing the impossible) we can just NOT play/buy the game. Somehow I think thats a bigger **** YOU.

Roxaslawliet

Smash Apprentice
I am relativly new to these forums and being a roy main. I will always love melee more, every character had several kill moves, combos were possible, wavebouncing doesn't exist, wavedashing is amazing, and Sakurai failed me with brawl

protokid

Smash Cadet
Smash was made to be played with your friends and have fun. All the rules to the game are enforced by limitations on you, by the game. You can play it however you want, but there is no set way to play unless the game itself doesn't let you.

Also, certain people like bridging that gap. It's fun for them. Not everyone has fun the same way.

You're entitled to your opinion, but don't administer it like fact.

OK...
you are right sorry.:(

Tino's White Horse

Smash Journeyman
So, Brawl fanboys can't stand the fact that Brawl is, by nature and design, less competitive than Melee? You'll then make a point that unless people like Brawl, they're *****-whipped ***gots that are "scared" of the competition in Brawl or some other useless ****.

That's pathetic.
What?

No, that's not what I'm saying at all!

I enjoy both Melee and Brawl equally; and I'm don't want to force people into making Brawl EQUAL to Melee.

But you can at least give Brawl a chance. So, sure, it was watered down to almost casual play; but, come on. You can TRY and give it a chance, can't you?

Top Bottom