• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Those darn Animals!

RuRu13

Smash Rookie
It seems I'm having trouble against the more anthropomorphic cast of this game.

I know there's not much I can do against Falco. But what about Fox, Wolf, and Sonic?

Space-knight

Smash Cadet
Well I am not 100% sure what your asking, but if you want to get better at certain match-ups you need to simply train yourself against those characters. Is that what you mean?

noradseven

Smash Lord
I think he is saying they are gay as hell to fight. IDK I hate all these matches if you land a d-smash make sure you can do the loop, cause these matches are just terrible
Falco is a ***** because of over B/blaster requires us to be perfect at all times.
Fox's down B is as annoying as lucarios d-air if not more so because his combos do so much damage, mix in more u-smash's than normal against fox trust me it will help.
Wolf: tricky dicky learn how to space with b-air better, he might have an easier time doing it but yours wins in a b-air fight, TO THE DEATH.

Sonic isn't bad jab+u-air the hell out of this match don't try and fish for d-smash/over B much at all.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Am I the only person who thinks that Side B camping is mad punishable? Especially with our upair and up b we can easily see that and not have to do much to stop it. Now, his canceled->lazer->attack/grab is very tricky, hard to predict stuff, especially with our limited OOS options. Becuase of our low weight and our bad OOS options against the lasers and his pressure game, the matchup is rather bad, I'd rather go D3 than ZSS against Falco, and Mew2King calls that unwinnable.

The OOS upair is your best option as it gets you out of the poteintial grab, but it gets predictable. Downb is also there but again is predictable as well. You really need to learn what OOS options are usable against Falco and how to use them unpredictably. That's how I see it. Falco abuses both of your weaknesses in the matchup, her low weight and her lack of viable attacks out of shield.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Am I the only person who thinks that Side B camping is mad punishable? Especially with our upair and up b we can easily see that and not have to do much to stop it. Now, his canceled->lazer->attack/grab is very tricky, hard to predict stuff, especially with our limited OOS options. Becuase of our low weight and our bad OOS options against the lasers and his pressure game, the matchup is rather bad, I'd rather go D3 than ZSS against Falco, and Mew2King calls that unwinnable.

The OOS upair is your best option as it gets you out of the poteintial grab, but it gets predictable. Downb is also there but again is predictable as well. You really need to learn what OOS options are usable against Falco and how to use them unpredictably. That's how I see it. Falco abuses both of your weaknesses in the matchup, her low weight and her lack of viable attacks out of shield.
Its punishable, but if you **** it up once you gotta spend 15 seconds being perfect to approach again. :(.

lazer->dash attack->u-smash, shield pokes below 2/3 shield hope you were PSing.

Also jab out of shield is p. fast use it sometimes as a mixup.

I find this match terrible but jon(our falco player) says its only slightly in falco's favor, *grrrrrr.

Also CPs are a free win against falco true story.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
That's because there's a huge difference between a matchup being unwinnable and it just being annoying. Falco is annoying, though; there's no worse feeling than a match dragging out to 7-8 minutes with you spending the entire period trying to bust past a wall of hitstun-inducing laser attacks.

With that said, ZSS can get past it and deal damage, it requires a lot of thought compared to other characters. In short, Falco has a solid advantage but it's more emotionally defeating than "unwinnable."

noradseven

Smash Lord
That's because there's a huge difference between a matchup being unwinnable and it just being annoying. Falco is annoying, though; there's no worse feeling than a match dragging out to 7-8 minutes with you spending the entire period trying to bust past a wall of hitstun-inducing laser attacks.

With that said, ZSS can get past it and deal damage, it requires a lot of thought compared to other characters. In short, Falco has a solid advantage but it's more emotionally defeating than "unwinnable."
Actually ZSS/falco feels like nu vs tager alot, we gotta guess right in Rock paper scissors like 3 times in a row but when we do massive damage.:mad:

Its not ganon/shiek, I like lol gimped my friend 2 stocks with bull****(as shiek) then I go ohhh yeah this match is 9:1, that would explain why u can't do **** about that.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Actually ZSS/falco feels like nu vs tager alot, we gotta guess right in Rock paper scissors like 3 times in a row but when we do massive damage.:mad:

Its not ganon/shiek, I like lol gimped my friend 2 stocks with bull****(as shiek) then I go ohhh yeah this match is 9:1, that would explain why u can't do **** about that.
Good reference to blazblue it's almost exactly like that

For the fox match up we only give ourselves a 5+ in a 60/40 match up vs Fox because of our infinite on fox but because of how fast he is its a pain the *** and more people are starting to pick him up to

Sonic .... you cant approach that character is based off of mind games and punishment and some sonics even take the game to time even if they aren't trying to stall you just have to have a lot of stamina and let your TO ahead of time that your gonna take a break/smoke break after that match :laugh:

Falco ... just screw him

Wolf I dont have much match up exp so I cant say much because everyone I ran across I gimp pretty easily

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

Tager doesn't have anything like uair, but I take your meaning.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
Best tip against fox,falco, and wolf just grab a piece of the armor run up to them if u think they are going to use the reflector whip them with side b pressure them with the piece in the hand try to keep it as much as possible. If he spam lasers just keep using downb flip back and forth it would eventually annoy them.

Yet the bird still has the advantage do to laser camping, his overpowered reflector, and worst of all the chain grab into a pivot chain grab. He is extremely dangerous try your best.

Fox keep him at distance of your sideb his uptilt is very good against zss and his up smash is a killer.

WolF his laser is extremely annoying. try to keep him of his feet because his down smash and front smash are faster the most of your moves.

Yay im back finally got internet dam economy.

Top Bottom