• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THOR's Ike Combo Video

metroid1117

Smash Master
The gameplay itself was good, but as a video it was too repetitive; there were too many clips of Reverse Aetherspikes. I would've liked to see more than just edgeguards.

I lol'd at the opening clip XD.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
It's not bad, just you only showed edge guarding. Granted I'll say I liked the video, but you should show some good damage building strategies that worked. But I learned the true power of reverse aethering now ;O

Oh and that opening is win.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I like the vid. I can tell from it that you are a very good Ike. But... there wasn't anything in the vid that wowed me. Not even the opening (although it was humorous) . All you really showed is how deadly Ike can be when he's edgeguarding, which is good of course. I'll have to incorperate reverse Aether more into my edgeguarding. Haven't been using it much.

But, give us some more variety, and give us something to Wow us. I don't particularly blame you on that though. We've recently been spoiled from Rykoshet's combo video, lol.

EDIT: Oh, and your music was AWESOME. Best I've listened to in any Ike combo video so far.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Yeah people said it already.

Unfortunately, I got bored about half way through...and that's not a good thing when it's a 4 minute video :/

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yeah, the whole video was just a bunch of edgegaurds, although I don't mind. I love watching my main pwn. :laugh:

Paxz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xyxura
Thank u all 4 the comments, I know it was all edgeguarding Thor is awesome at it xD. We will work harder for a next movie.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
I didn't think it was too good, and I thought the players fell for stupid things, he also always went for the dair spike, so they probably expect it :/

Akashi

Smash Lord
For people who want cliff notes for the video:

Reverse Aether -> grab edge -> dair off the edge -> Aether -> grab edge -> dair off the edge -> opponent's death.

Next transition

Reverse Aether -> grab edge -> dair off the edge -> Aether -> grab edge -> dair off the edge -> opponent's death.

Next transition

I can't say you're a bad Ike by watching this, Thor, but I can't say you're a good one either. You need more variety, NOT just because it's more entertaining, but because it showcases how you utilize Ike. I love how Ryko once told me that Ike players aren't carbon-copies of each other (except for our staple move: jabs) and that Ike requires us to be versatile. Versatility = an unpredictable, yet effective, playstyle. Keep working, Thor... and make us wow at your next video ;o.

Top Bottom