• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This Zelda is actually from OoT?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I actually agree, they just share their name with OoT spells.
Still Zelda was fun(what's wrong with the lightning-kick?) and with some tweaks she could be even funner, but Sheik was also fun and a lot of people use him so why not just include her?
And most characters actually spam moves(Fox's shine, Falco's Blaster, Sheik's needles, Marth's fair and Fsmash), I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy using most of her moves without throwing the match but I still enjoy playing as Melee Zelda(or any other character-> Pichu and M2 FTW)

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
I actually agree, they just share their name with OoT spells.
Still Zelda was fun(what's wrong with the lightning-kick?) and with some tweaks she could be even funner,
There was nothing wrong with the lightning kick. There was something wrong
with the rest of her attacks. She shouldnt be dependant on a single move to KO and opponent. not only that but the kicks where extremely predictable. You're dead on correct there. With some tweaks (not only to her f and b-air, but to her entire moveset), she would be more capable.

but Sheik was also fun and a lot of people use him so why not just include him?)
Sure, include him/her/it/potato, but not as apart of Zelda. It's a hinderance (Shiek takes up a slot, it's a pain in the ***!), it takes the focus away from Zelda, and its too 'Narutard' :ohwell:

And most characters actually spam moves(Fox's shine, Falco's Blaster, Sheik's needles, Marth's fair and Fsmash)
Yes but theres a difference. In a tournament scene, these tactics work. Zelda's kickspam doesnt. Thats where it stops being fun. Wouldnt it be better if her kick(s) was/where nerfed, and all her other attacks where buffed? I would work for both casual and the tournament scene. Imagine an F-smash that connected more often :grin:, or a meteor smash that didnt rely completely on her pathetically weak heel :p

I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy using most of her moves without throwing the match but I still enjoy playing as Melee Zelda(or any other character-> Pichu and M2 FTW)
Regardless, anyone (who is good at the game, as a generalisation) should be able to play their favourite character in a Tournament and not have to throw the match. They should stand a decent chance, but now this is getting into how the game plays, and it's off topic, so i wont continue it.

Unfortunately the posts have no correlation to the topic, so lets leave it here. ;)

Drake3

Smash Ace
She doesnt even use OoT spells. Feel free and try and correct me, but the spells she uses are only named after a few spells that appeared in OoT, purely to appeal to the Zelda fanbase. It is best to call this Zelda a Universal Zelda. Because its universal doesnt mean it has to include Shiek :D
That's correct.

Trust me, I've tried using this argument before and it didn't really work for me.
Of course, you do have a point and I agree with you all the way, since I did have the same idea.
However, some people seem to think that, by keeping all of her four special moves, it would be over-representation of OoT.
With this argument, that makes it false. That's what I've always been trying to say. This argument can actually be considered Pro-Sheik, which is why I used it.
Hello again, Hipsterkid :D. The above argument is correct in that the spells Zelda uses in Melee are only connected to OoT in name, but it still remains that they're connected to OoT in some way, more than anything else. And since they're still connected to OoT, that makes 4 spells of hers that do this, which is definitely oversaturation.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Yes, it was fun, if you were playing casually, but in a competive scene (from what I understand) this destroyed the pair. Zelda was awefull already, but could you imagine Sheik with an offensive down-b? The point is, there was no situation in Melee Zelda could handle that Sheik couldn't do better. Edguarding with Zelda's f-air? Sheik's f-air was far safer, with the same results regarding horizontal knockback.

The only thing Zelda could agrueably do better than Sheik was her recovery. And even then, if you manage to sweetspot the ledge (not sweetspotting usually results in death), getting back onto the stage unharmed was a challenge, at best.

Basically, people don't want the pair to be connected because of the disasterous results from Melee.

The problem wasn't with the technicalities, it was with the concept. Zelda + Sheik did not make = 2 characters. If they did, that would be a seriously broken character, and there would be no genuine reason to switch. Also, Zelda + Sheik did not = 1 character. If they did, both Zelda and Sheik would be so bad, the player wouldn't be able to find time to switch, they'd be too busy being owned by their opponent. So Nintendo went with the lesser of three evils: Zelda + Sheik = 1.75 characters. Sheik was worth 1, Zelda was worth .75 (I'm being a little too harsh on Zelda; she could hold her own in casual play, but in competitive, Zelda has a really hard time against characters with 'complete' movesets). If Nintendo considers 1.75 characters 'unique', I want boring.
I heard that they had Zelda & Sheik together, but they thought it was too powerful, so they wanted to nerf them...instead, they only nerfed Zelda. Hopefully, in Brawl, Sheik will be like Metaknight (can deal damage quickly, no major kill moves) and Zelda like Bowser (relatively powerful/fast tilts, high knockback smashes), so that you'll use both and switch between them for a good overall game.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Sure, include him/her/it/potato, but not as apart of Zelda. It's a hinderance (Shiek takes up a slot, it's a pain in the ***!), it takes the focus away from Zelda, and its too 'Narutard' :ohwell:
What's with the potato thing? That's three times I've seen it, and I've never truly understood... somebody please explain. ^^' Sorry for the off-topic post, I'd just like to know

blink777

Smash Journeyman
The first place I saw it was here:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=101296
But it could very well have started well before that.

Now for trying to be on topic. Let's see... "This Zelda is actually from OoT"? Gah, didn't realise I was in that thread. Hmm... Gah! Looking back three pages and I still can't find anything on topic to comment on. I give up, my apologies.

Ninja Sheikah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9559-3780
Well I think that Zelda's hair is Blonde in TP but her default color in Brawl is brown. The only time I think it was brown was in LoZ.

Iris

Smash Ace
Her TP hair was right on the border or blonde and brunette. Brawl decided to go brown I guess, just to differentiate between her and the other girls.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
The first place I saw it was here:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=101296
But it could very well have started well before that.

Now for trying to be on topic. Let's see... "This Zelda is actually from OoT"? Gah, didn't realise I was in that thread. Hmm... Gah! Looking back three pages and I still can't find anything on topic to comment on. I give up, my apologies.
Hmm...

in that thread it says there is a clip from SSE that shows Zelda quickly using a transformation and then its cut off.

Where is this video? Is it that crappy blurry one?

Luthien

Smash Ace
Hmm...

in that thread it says there is a clip from SSE that shows Zelda quickly using a transformation and then its cut off.

Where is this video? Is it that crappy blurry one?
It wasn't anything like a transformation, as far as we could tell (yes, it was blurry, but no transformation motions were made, I think). That video clearly confirmed nothing. Sorry. :(

Ninja Sheikah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9559-3780
There was a noise at the very end that sorta sounded like the transformation jingle, but then the video cut off. And it was blurry.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
What's with the potato thing? That's three times I've seen it, and I've never truly understood... somebody please explain. ^^' Sorry for the off-topic post, I'd just like to know

Ever known the sex of a potato just by looking at it? EXACTLY. ;)

blink777

Smash Journeyman
There was a noise at the very end that sorta sounded like the transformation jingle, but then the video cut off. And it was blurry.
Do you honestly think that they'd put the transformation in that video? Remember, there were people there seeing an unblurry version of the video. If they saw a transformation - or the start of one - it would have been all over the internet.

Top Bottom