• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This was shocking....

DragonLord AL

Smash Rookie
well I was playing training mode on wifi and I noticed something weird. Certain moves can be canceled by pressing B before hitting the floor(B-Cancel???). I was using for his fortress and when he came down (because he bounces) I pressed B and he did not bounce. It also worked for his F-air to an extent(changed from lag to flamethrower). Just wanted to share.

Me14k

Smash Lord
I dont see how it is eliminating lag on upb.

Regarding the fair: the animation is just ending and you are starting up a new attack. You could do claw cancel in this time and jump away.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Yeah, I have no idea what you mean bro, I tried this, I don't know what you're talking about, the only way to cancel lag from those two moves are 1: the fortress - cancel it via grabbing an edge, and 2: fair - exactly what Me14k said, you finish the animation in time before u hit the ground, or cancel it before hand by klawing

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
It more than likely was the angle of your fall. For instance, if your are recovering onto the stage but miss the grab and land on the stage, the lag is [almost] completely gone. However, if you just jump and fortress, you will bounce twice. The same goes for Donkey Kong. It basically has something to do on how parallel and height of fall.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Occasionally the lag of Bowser's Up-B gets cancalled for me too. I just assumed it was a glitch.
It depends how high u are when fortressing. After a certain height, bowser bounces on the ground. but if below this certain height, no bounces occurs and theres rarely any lag.

Top Bottom