• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is strange.

AceAttacker

Smash Cadet
Well, remember that there's a huge difference between real people and the AI. It's not just the difficulty level, it's the different behaviour it has.

I usually have an equal match 1v1ing a level 9, but cannot win a 4 player free-for-all with level 9s.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Well, remember that there's a huge difference between real people and the AI. It's not just the difficulty level, it's the different behaviour it has.

I usually have an equal match 1v1ing a level 9, but cannot win a 4 player free-for-all with level 9s.
I am really sure, teh Lv9 CPU always, if they can choose, tehy attack you, but they need to change thay target oponent, if you play with items, when en CPU Lv9 take the all parts of the dragon ALWAYS thay attack you, no matters who has more porcent of lifes

Chaos Swordsman

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I've learned that the A.I doesn't aim for the player. It aims for whoever's currently doing the best.

No, I mean who's performing the best. If a cpu is performing better than a human, coughmecough, then other cpu's will after them.

Bynine

Smash Cadet
The only problem is, you can't fake out AI, which is a large part of my strategy.

JigglyPunch

Smash Apprentice
What I find funny is if I stand still while fighting a lvl 9 cpu, it will flip out and not know what to do.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Fighting CPU's isn't equivalent to facing a human opponent so the same tactics and skills don't apply. CPU matches IMO, are like Megaman bosses in which you figure out thier pattern and then exploit it.

AceAttacker

Smash Cadet
What I find funny is if I stand still while fighting a lvl 9 cpu, it will flip out and not know what to do.
Yeah, they're extremely defensive. If you put 4 level 9s in a free-for-all and focus on the sounds, you will probably hear shields activating all the time.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I am really sure, teh Lv9 CPU always, if they can choose, tehy attack you, but they need to change thay target oponent, if you play with items, when en CPU Lv9 take the all parts of the dragon ALWAYS thay attack you, no matters who has more porcent of lifes
Actually, I've learned that the A.I doesn't aim for the player. It aims for whoever's currently doing the best.
I don't think so, I've purposely SD'd twice at the beginning of a FFA with three lvl 9s just to see what will happen. They still go after you.

They base more off of the current percentage of the characters-

If %s are about equal they're after you, if another CPU happens to have an exceeding margin of damage beyond the rest of the group they'll redirect their attention that specific opponent.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
in FFA's, CPU's just go after you, no discussion needed, they will walk, and i mean WALK past eachother just to hit you, however, in teams (you and a friend vs 2 CPU's) they will most probably just try to run past you to get to your teammate if he has a higher percentage... which means free smash attacks -_-

also, CPU ALWAYS airdodges right after being hit (so upair combos 0-deatch are pretty much guaranteed) and if you stand on the ledge and they are hanging, they will 90% of the time attempt a ledgejump (10% rolls) ow, and the CPU likes to roll behind you, then roll back, then behind you again.... its stupid

also, if you charge a smash attack AWAY from a CPU, chances are they will just roll into it, even though they had a free " insert move here" on you

conclusion: CPU's are stupid and not worth playing against

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Two reasons
1)CPUs are super human and can always beat your moves (or perfect shield your attacks)
2)They always go after you.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Just play defensive and counter all of their stupid mistakes, cuz they have a lot.

Also watch out for weegee, he's ensane, he'll make like ryu and sweetspot shirioken the **** out of you

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Step 1. Roll to the ledge.
Step 2. Grab
Step 3. Bthrow
Step 4. Jump and dair (or bair).
Step 5. Repeat.

<<

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
What is strange is everyone in red being mods. :roll:

No, I mean who's performing the best. If a cpu is performing better than a human, coughmecough, then other cpu's will after them.
didn't know this

CPU's just play different.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The AI plays extremely differently than human players. Don't worry about losing to computers, worry about winning against other real people!

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I don't lose to level nines but I find they have a simple react to any action way to fighting if you smash attack they use a light hit to disrupt it if you use a light attack they try to smash but if you use doges and rolls they are very simple to beat.

Top Bottom