• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Third Wave of Amiibos have been Announced!

Which third wave of Amiibos will you purchase?

• Lucario

Votes: 79 20.1%
  • Rosalina and Luma

Votes: 77 19.5%
  • Bowser

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 80 20.3%
  • Shiek

Votes: 93 23.6%
  • Ike

Votes: 89 22.6%
  • Meta Knight

Votes: 80 20.3%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 74 18.8%
  • Shulk

Votes: 119 30.2%
  • Sonic

Votes: 82 20.8%
  • Mega Man

Votes: 141 35.8%

• Total voters

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Confirmed via Nintendo of Japan's Twitter, a third wave of Amiibos have been announced. This is the third wave of Amiibos for the West but actually it is only the second wave of Amiibos in Japan. Western dates for this latest wave have yet to be confirmed. The following characters are as followed (top left to right):

• Lucario
  • Rosalina and Luma
  • Bowser
  • Toon Link
  • Shiek
  • Ike
  • Meta Knight
  • King Dedede
  • Shulk
  • Sonic
  • Mega Man

Lucario through King Dedede are set to appear on Japanese shelves on January 11th while Shulk, Sonic, and Mega Man are set to appear sometime in February. Sonic and Mega Man are the first ever confirmed 3rd party Amiibos. Shulk is a confirmed GameStop exclusive. You can view the new lineup as well as 1 and 2 here. However, keep in mind that Lineup 1 and 2 for the West is Lineup 1 for Japan while Lineup 3 for the West is Lineup 2 for Japan. This is due to the later release date, since by the time Super Smash Bros. for Wii U releases in Japan in December, Lineup 1 will have finished in the West and Lineup 2 will be commencing.

This will bring the total Amiibo count to 30 individual Amiibos that will be available for purchase! That is some pretty amazing stuff! Remember that these Amiibo figures will be compatible with multiple games going forward, including Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors.

Are you happy with the Amiibos that were chosen? Which ones do you plan on purchasing? Which ones do you want to see for Lineup 4 (3)? How do you want to see Amiibos used in future Nintendo games? Sound off below in the comments!

That Mega Man Amiibo has all of Venus' wants. That and maybe the Shulk Amiibos. And Rosalina...and Ike...and Toon Link....and Shiek....are you having trouble deciding, too? Share in Venus' "First World Troubles" on his Twitter @VenustoBloom.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The following characters are as followed (top left to right):

• Lucario
  • Rosalina and Luma
  • Bowser
  • Toon Link
  • Shiek
  • Ike
  • Meta Knight
  • King Dedede
  • Shulk
  • Sonic
  • Mega Man
Hey Venus, I don't really think you need to name off all the characters.

This is Smashboards. We know who they are. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I want a few of them but Rosalina is priority obviously. Helps that she is one of the best made Amiibos (second only to the Kirby crew, IMO).

Also they are coming in the West in February. Nintendo released a new video about them, and they also said some will be exclusive to certain retailers.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I want Ike the most, but his derp face is killing me.

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
Are you supposed to be able to choose multiple? Because it only allows you to choose one. I'd choose Shulk, Toon Link, and Mega man, but I gave the vote to Shulk because I'm really feeling it.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
Finally, a Megman one. All of the other Megaman models at this price range look terrible.

andimidna

Smash Master
Glad they actually included Luma. It would have been a lot easier to make it just of Rosalina but it looks nice.

I think Meta Knight looks da bess, but I want that rosalina amiibo of course

And DDD got even more derpy, YES

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I would of really liked a Pac-Man Amiibo, but a MegaMan one will do for now.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Get this: Shulk is an exclusive to Gamestop, GAMESTOP. Unbelievable.
Whatever, it's not like I was gonna get him anyways.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/shulk_amiibo_listed_as_gamestop_exclusive_in_the_us

"GameStop has a track record with Shulk — sort of — when it drew ire for selling and allegedly re-printing Xenoblade Chronicles at $90, being accused of abusing its exclusivity of that game in the US; the reprinting allegation wasn't proven, but the title was certainly pricey for a time."

Gamestop is the last place I would go to get a game.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I'm really feeling the Shulk, Mega Man, Ike, Meta Knight, Sonic, Toon Link and Rosalina Amiibo's. My poor wallet is also really going to feel it come February. :(

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/shulk_amiibo_listed_as_gamestop_exclusive_in_the_us

"GameStop has a track record with Shulk — sort of — when it drew ire for selling and allegedly re-printing Xenoblade Chronicles at $90, being accused of abusing its exclusivity of that game in the US; the reprinting allegation wasn't proven, but the title was certainly pricey for a time."

This is hilarious.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That Rosalina Amiibo is the one figurine I'm looking forward to the most, in fact, I might end up buying 3 sets of her! lol

I also gotta have that Ike and Mega Man too. All I need left is the Lucina one and I'll be all good to go. xD

Joesatt

Smash Rookie
NNID
Joesatt
Wonder if these are the final designs this time?... probably not. I have to admit though, some of these look awesome! Nintendo please please please let these be the final models this time! Also where is Tom Nook? His picture is all over the amiibo website and a silhouette of his amiibo are on the amiibo in-store displays. I guess wave 4 confirmed.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Are you supposed to be able to choose multiple? Because it only allows you to choose one. I'd choose Shulk, Toon Link, and Mega man, but I gave the vote to Shulk because I'm really feeling it.
I changed it to allow multiple votes ;)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wonder if these are the final designs this time?... probably not. I have to admit though, some of these look awesome! Nintendo please please please let these be the final models this time! Also where is Tom Nook? His picture is all over the amiibo website and a silhouette of his amiibo are on the amiibo in-store displays. I guess wave 4 confirmed.
They are final. They have the same blemishes as the other final builds, and although some look very nice, they are still not on the level of the E3 prototypes.

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Yo, my boy Lucario looking ready to lay a beat-down on some fools. That figure just can't come soon enough.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

It makes sense. They were the only ones to sell Xenoblade in the US.

I think it's a cool little reference.

Why does it matter where you get a game?
GameStop sells games for the same price as any other retailer.

All that should matter is that you buy the game or not.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Hmm...I really just wanted to buy all of these for a display/collection...but some look so bad...I may only get like 5.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I meant in Murica', Land of the Obese and Corrupt.
Even so I know there are places that provide better value than GameStop, especially if you go online.

Heck, often times, the eShop has better prices.

Last edited:

SojyuRyu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shiragon21
3DS FC
2019-9678-7610
I wanna buy the shulk amiibo to max his level so I can increase my mastery of him for tournaments,also mega man ,Wii fit trainer,Lucina,sheik,duck hunt,and rosalina

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wait, no zero suit?
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Why does it matter where you get a game?
GameStop sells games for the same price as any other retailer.

All that should matter is that you buy the game or not.
It does matter where a person gets a game because there are other places that provide better prices and deals than GameStop, just like sonicbrawler182 said. The eShop is one of the ideal places to get Nintendo games depending on where you live. You can't avoid tax at retailers, but you can avoid tax on the eShop.

I know it seems that I'm making a big deal out of this, but GameStop is really terrible. The people employed absolutely despise working there and they get fired and hired quickly, you can't find old games anymore (and even if you do, it's likely overpriced compared to an independent retailer), and they do shady business practices.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Kinda of ironic the Shulk amiibo is a Gamestop exclusive...

Guess that only leaves a couple default roster characters, definitely surprised the Sonic/Mega Man amiibos are coming out as soon as they are.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I know it seems that I'm making a big deal out of this, but GameStop is really terrible. The people employed absolutely despise working there and they get fired and hired quickly, you can't find old games anymore (and even if you do, it's likely overpriced compared to an independent retailer), and they do shady business practices.
I don't know where you live, but the guys at my local GameStop have been working their for years, and every old game I got their has been cheap (every used game is cheaper than the new ones).

Old games are usually MUCH more pricey on a site like eBay.

Top Bottom