• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Third Party Trophies: How many more will we get?

We've got Rayman because Ubisoft just handed him over to Nintendo, and now Commander Video to represent indie games. By the way, trophies to represent indies? Nintendo must be feeling generous! No wonder they call their indie partners Nindies now.

So, I wonder how many more third party trophies we'll get.

Also, it's interesting to see all these trophies when Sakurai has stated countless times in the past that they're special guests that aren't so easy to get into the game. Looks like after Brawl, third party companies have realized they have a chance at becoming part of this huge franchise.

Who are you expecting?

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
inb4 Snake.

I think Bomberman and Simon Belmont deserve the trophy treatment since they wont be playable anytime soon.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm so sad that there's still no Castle Crashers for Wii U. Come on man... Its perfect for it

Were probably going to see a bunch of trophies from tons of companies, probably 50-100 of them if I had to guess.
50-100? Slow down there! :laugh:

By the way, didn't the developers of Super Meat Boy ask Ninendo if Meat Boy could join Smash a long time ago? I'm wondering how that turned out now. :smirk:

I'm so sad that there's still no Castle Crashers for Wii U. Come on man... Its perfect for it
It does seem like a nice fit for the Wii U, but let's not get off track.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
50-100? Slow down there! :laugh:

By the way, didn't the developers of Super Meat Boy ask Ninendo if Meat Boy could join Smash a long time ago? I'm wondering how that turned out now. :smirk:

It does seem like a nice fit for the Wii U, but let's not get off track.
Has Meat Boy gotten a game on a Nintendo platform yet?
Seems unlikely.

I honestly expect that amount, because I suspect that many third-party companies will be sending their own trophy models to Sakurai for him to add in the Wii U version. And there's tons of third-parties like Maxwell, Monster Hunter, Bravely Default, etc. that will probably get a piece of it because of their relationship to Nintendo.

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
We've got Rayman because Ubisoft just handed him over to Nintendo, and now Commander Video to represent indie games. By the way, trophies to represent indies? Nintendo must be feeling generous! No wonder they call their indie partners Nindies now.

So, I wonder how many more third party trophies we'll get.

Also, it's interesting to see all these trophies when Sakurai has stated countless times in the past that they're special guests that aren't so easy to get into the game. Looks like after Brawl, third party companies have realized they have a chance at becoming part of this huge franchise.

Who are you expecting?
A commander video trophy link pls

well,im expectin a dragon quest inazuma/layton or shovel knight trophies.

Has Meat Boy gotten a game on a Nintendo platform yet?
Seems unlikely.

I honestly expect that amount, because I suspect that many third-party companies will be sending their own trophy models to Sakurai for him to add in the Wii U version. And there's tons of third-parties like Maxwell, Monster Hunter, Bravely Default, etc. that will probably get a piece of it because of their relationship to Nintendo.
I only mentioned Meat Boy because they asked. It'll be funny seeing everyone but him get a trophy. :p

Anyway, while Nintendo seems generous, they're probably not that generous. Even if we do get that amount, I'd expect most trophies to be from Sega, Capcom, and Bandai Namco franchies.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I only mentioned Meat Boy because they asked. It'll be funny seeing everyone but him get a trophy. :p

Anyway, while Nintendo seems generous, they're probably not that generous. Even if we do get that amount, I'd expect most trophies to be from Sega, Capcom, and Bandai Namco franchies.
They were generous enough to give an eShop character CV a trophy, so I don't see why more of them can't be in the game.

They were generous enough to give an eShop character CV a trophy, so I don't see why more of them can't be in the game.
I suppose so, but the number you're expecting just seems way too big to me.

Besides, I don't expect multiple trophies from each of these bonus third party franchises. I really doubt Nintendo would get a hundred submissions.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
I think honestly if we get other indie trophy shovel khinght are the most likely.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Let's just name a potential list of 3rd party trophies that could be in the game, as a start:
1. Maxwell
2. Monster Hunter
3. Bayonetta
4. Simon Belmont
5. Snake
6. Bravely Default
7. Professor Layton
8. Rayman
9. Quote
10. Shantae
11. Persona character
12. Slime
13. SMT character
14. Shovel Knight
15. Samba de Amigo
16. Lloyd Irving
17. Crono
18. Fantasy Life character
19. Geno
20. Mallow
21. Phoenix Wright
22. Neku
23. Bomberman
24. Bubble Bobble
25. Tekken character

See, just too much to miss if I had to be honest.

Last edited:
I think honestly if we get other indie trophy shovel khinght are the most likely.
Characters from Shin'en or WayForward might join Smash too. Maybe even some Frozenbyte or Two Tribes.

I don't expect all of them though. At most, just a couple. Maybe Commander Video might even be the only one we get to represent indies.

Last edited:

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
Let's just name a potential list of 3rd party trophies that could be in the game, as a start:
1. Maxwell
2. Monster Hunter
3. Bayonetta
4. Simon Belmont
5. Snake
6. Bravely Default
7. Professor Layton
8. Rayman
9. Quote
10. Shantae
11. Persona character
12. Slime
13. SMT character
14. Shovel Knight
15. Samba de Amigo
16. Lloyd Irving
17. Crono
19. Geno
20. Mallow

I Think a persona character are interesting
Slime is very likely same shovel kinght
Bayonetta and SMT i don't see it
maxwell maybe

1. Maxwell
2. Monster Hunter
3. Bayonetta
4. Simon Belmont
5. Snake
6. Bravely Default
7. Professor Layton
8. Rayman
9. Quote
10. Shantae
11. Persona character
12. Slime
13. SMT character
14. Shovel Knight
15. Samba de Amigo
16. Lloyd Irving
17. Crono
19. Geno
20. Mallow

Dammit, I want all of them. I get what you mean now! Still keeping my expectations low, but that's a nice list!

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So here's my list. (Includes characters i mentioned already)

[collapse=ATLUS: Jack Frost (Mascot of ATLUS and the entire SMT franchise)]
[/collapse]
[collapse=WayForward: Shantae]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Yacht Club: Shovel Knight]
[/collapse]
[collapse=KONAMI: Bomberman]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Capcom: Ryu]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Namco: Heihachi]
[/collapse]
[collapse=SEGA: Bayonetta]
[/collapse]

So here's my list. (Includes characters i mentioned already)

[collapse=ATLUS: Jack Frost (Mascot of ATLUS and the entire SMT franchise)]
[/collapse]
[collapse=WayForward: Shantae]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Yacht Club: Shovel Knight]
[/collapse]
[collapse=KONAMI: Bomberman]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Capcom: Ryu]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Namco: Heihachi]
[/collapse]
[collapse=SEGA: Bayonetta]
[/collapse]
Pretty solid list you got there.

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised Shovel Knight didn't represent the Indie community, considering he's pretty popular.

Technically, Rayman is a first party trophy. Rayman Legends was published by Nintendo in Japan. That's why Zael got in too, since Last Story was a Nintendo game in Japan.

Consider Commander Video as a VERY generous exception. There is no way we will see any type of third party representation outside of him, it'd be pretty stupid. Trophies are for learning about the history of Nintendo, not gaming as a whole. The whole concept would be ruined by adding in non-Nintendo characters.

I'm surprised Shovel Knight didn't represent the Indie community, considering he's pretty popular.

Technically, Rayman is a first party trophy. Rayman Legends was published by Nintendo in Japan. That's why Zael got in too, since Last Story was a Nintendo game in Japan.

Consider Commander Video as a VERY generous exception. There is no way we will see any type of third party representation outside of him, it'd be pretty stupid. Trophies are for learning about the history of Nintendo, not gaming as a whole. The whole concept would be ruined by adding in non-Nintendo characters.
Nah, Rayman isn't first party no matter how you put it. Nintendo only published the game in Japan, but that's it. They didn't gain any of his rights. As for The Last Story, it along with the other Operation Rainfall games are Nintendo franchises. The reason they weren't published by Nintendo here is because Nintendo of America thought it wasn't worth it. Xenoblade was all they were wlling to do. Besides, it's not impossible for a first party game to be published by a third party company.

Also, if that's how you put it, I'd LOVE to see more third party trophies. The history of gaming as a whole would be cool.

Master Chief would be so cool though, he's probably the biggest gaming icon not already in Smash. & if MS were to somehow allow Chief to be in Smash, then Banjo could come with him. :D
We've got a long way to go before Nintendo ever needs to try working something out with Microsoft. :p

Last edited:

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Master Chief would be so cool though, he's probably the biggest gaming icon not already in Smash. & if MS were to somehow allow Chief to be in Smash, then Banjo could come with him. :D
I seriously don't see how in any way Master Chief should be in or would fit in Smash Bros...
Like just throw in Goku and Sub-Zero while you're at it.

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
Nah, Rayman isn't first party no matter how you put it. Nintendo only published the game in Japan, but that's it. They didn't gain any of his rights. As for The Last Story, it along with the other Operation Rainfall games are Nintendo franchises. The reason they weren't published by Nintendo here is because Nintendo of America thought it wasn't worth it. Xenoblade was all they were wlling to do. Besides, it's not impossible for a first party game to be published by a third party company.

Also, if that's how you put it, I'd LOVE to see more third party trophies. The history of gaming as a whole would be cool.

We've got a long way to go before Nintendo ever needs to try working something out with Microsoft. :p
No, Rayman is first party in this particular case, whether you like it or not. I can assure you, Zael got in because of his Japanese publication. You think he'd get in if he wasnt published by Nintendo in Japan? Maybe that explains why there's no Proffesor Layton representation, and no Hyrule Warriors representation.

You honestly don't get the point of trophies. This is a ****ing Nintendo celebration for crying out loud. You should feel bad about your opinion

Pieman0920

Smash Master
There's probably going to be a few more, but who knows really what they'll be. I don't think there will be too many from Sega/Capcom/Namco that aren't Sonic/Megaman/Pacman, but there will probably be a few like Bayonetta. Maybe Jack Frost too given the SMT x FE crossover, as well as others based around close partnerships.

No, Rayman is first party in this particular case, whether you like it or not. I can assure you, Zael got in because of his Japanese publication. You think he'd get in if he wasnt published by Nintendo in Japan? Maybe that explains why there's no Proffesor Layton representation, and no Hyrule Warriors representation.

You honestly don't get the point of trophies. This is a ****ing Nintendo celebration for crying out loud. You should feel bad about your opinion
Ubisoft is the one that requested that Rayman joins Smash. Also, I can assure you The Last Story is a Nintendo IP. Why are we arguing therights to trophies anyway? All I asked was which characters everyone would like to see. No need for all these technicalities.

I should feel bad about my opinion? Well then, it's not an opinion. I think Smash is becoming more about gaming as a whole. While the roster should remain mostly Nintendo, the trophies can include anything.

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Snake is a must for trophies if they don't put him in as a character. A Bayonetta trophy maybe (that's 3rd party, right?). I WANT to see some Capcom and Namco love! Yoshimitsu! Phoenix Wright! Ryu! Probably won't happen, tho.
Oh and i'd love to see Shovel Knight and Shantae get put in.
SHOVEL KNIGHT YES. Seeing him in 3D would be dope. Just like seeing Commander Video :)

Speaking of indies, how about Gunman Clive (that's his name, right?)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Actually when you think about the amount of third-parties, there's only like 30-50 that I can think of (not counting the Sonic, Pac-Man, Megaman trophies)

So yeah, I expect 30-50 now.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Quote (Cave Story) is probably another indie character that should get in as a trophy.
Can't believe I didn't think of this! So many good trophies to include...

Gosh dang, indie games need a Smash Bros of their own.

Top Bottom