• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you feel are wrong in SSB4?

Playerhater

Smash Cadet
Your previous posts seem to suggest that it does make you angry. Why are you telling me I need to learn how to read when I already addressed you saying it doesn't matter if you win or not, on for glory you should just expect those types of players. You can avoid it by just not playing for glory, or just SD twice and leave the room so you don't have to deal with them.
I guess you did not read the title of this thread.

So if you address something that is wrong, you just shouldn't play the whole mode.

Makes perfect sense. To 12 year olds.

Last edited:

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
I'm currently scripting a video for talking about Smash 4, but here goes some:
  • Although I think they look really good, the menu are still a bit confusing. Every time I have to mentally navigate the layout, instead of instinctively go where I need to go.
  • Smash Tour should've been re-framed. It's clear that playing against AI players is a rotten experience, and it should push you away from playing it alone.
  • This game's Classic mode should've been called Arcade mode. It's not bad at all, but the choices given to the player and the thematic framing of the game-mode makes it unique.
  • Online Brackets should be defined after what online players request to play. It's not without reason that all 1vs1 For Glory brackets get filled up as quickly as they do.
  • Tournument Play feel like a ghost town most of the time. I've barely gotten to play with anyone.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
I guess you did not read the title of this thread.

So if you address something that is wrong, you just shouldn't play the whole mode.

Makes perfect sense. To 12 year olds.
After this I don't think I am going to bother replying to you. It has nothing to do with you addressing something that you THINK is wrong, not wrong just because you have a problem with it. Every single post I've seen from you on this thread is just you responding to people like you are trying to start problems, and you don't even know how to argue without making yourself look even more like you just want to be angry and start fights with people. Also why is it that every other post you make on this thread you compare people who disagree with you to 12 year olds or something?

Dr.Megaman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dr.MM20XX
3DS FC
1392-5817-5075
The fact that Peach is the only character in the game that could glide. I miss gliding. Gliding was pretty cool and awesome, But I can see why they removed it from some characters cause of campers and Sudden Death.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
I don't like how every patch invalidates all my replays :(

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
I don't like that in 1v1 For Glory in Tournament Mode being only with 3 minutes. Matches go to time often.
Also not being able to save replays from tournament mode matches.

D

Deleted member

Rolling and airdodging being so fast in this game. Even if it's still punishable, you at least couldn't spam the hell out of it in previous games or use it as a scrubby way of movement. Add more ending lag to airdodges or the amount of frames between them. Just something.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
*Smash Tour
*Air dodging
*A good portion of the newcomers
*Air dodging
*Many of the returning stages (especially looking at Temple and Corneria)
Did I mention air dodging?

:007:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
no maybe other characters cant float because they wanted to keep it unique to peach??? did you ever consider that

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
The end lag on some characters dodge roll, because I'm pretty sure not every character has the same amount of end lag on their dodge roll.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
-Rolls are too good

-Air Dodges can be spammed in the air. It should be more time between each dodge, or limited to 1 dodge per airtime

-Sheik is OP as ****

-Lack of Wario Land songs

-Wario's Shoulder Bash removed...

-Waluigi isn't playable

Last edited:
-Air Dodges can be spammed in the air. It should be more time between each dodge, or limited to 1 dodge per airtime
As a non-competative player I never noticed how horrible multiple air dodging was until I downloaded project M. Going back to Brawl/Smash 4 made it a glairing flaw. Multiple unpunished air dodges really takes the wind out of the aerial side of the game. With single air dodges in place you have to weigh the odds while attacked in the air: do I dodge now to avoid this attack and leave myself open for a follow up, or try to counter this attack another way so I can hold on to my air dodge? Players are no longer forced to develop a strategy to deal with opponets after they've been knocked into the air since they can just mash the dodge button over and over again.

It really feels like a the aerial half of the game was taken out. They either need to limit the number of times you can air dodge or make it far more punishable.

SilverOne777

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilverSlaughter
I think classic mode should be completely done away with and re-done....I dont want to choose which group of fighters I'm going against each round, surprise me! And where is target smash? always had loads of fun with that. It would make up for no story mode if we had something like adventure mode from melee.

And as mentioned before, it is extremely annoying that you are forced down on difficulty when you lose, instead of being able to try-try again!

Last edited:

ncepulo

Smash Rookie
The 3ds Classic Mode should replace the Wii U Classic Mode
AI should shield less and edgeguard more
Amiibos should have the option to turn the damage multiplier off
Ryu doesn't really fit in with the rest of the cast (making him similar to Snake)
Dodging should be slightly nerfed

FallenHero

Smash Ace
The 3ds Classic Mode should replace the Wii U Classic Mode
AI should shield less and edgeguard more
Amiibos should have the option to turn the damage multiplier off
Ryu doesn't really fit in with the rest of the cast (making him similar to Snake)
Dodging should be slightly nerfed
Wait you don't like the way Ryu is in this game? I think in design he kind of fits in and in gameplay he is meant to be unique from other characters.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The lack of Kid Icarus, Mario, and Fire Emblem representation.

The lack of a story mode. That was one of the best aspects of Brawl.
Blame the people who showed off the whole story before it released outside of Japan yeas ago. That's why Sakurai took it out, and will most likely nevery do it again. Most likely thought of this when noone leaked Uprising's story at all except for the first 3 chapters(which is reasonable).

PF9

Smash Lord
The lack of Kid Icarus, Mario, and Fire Emblem representation.

Blame the people who showed off the whole story before it released outside of Japan yeas ago. That's why Sakurai took it out, and will most likely nevery do it again. Most likely thought of this when noone leaked Uprising's story at all except for the first 3 chapters(which is reasonable).
Sakurai just needs to accept that people are gonna do this for any game. Look how many people are doing it with South Park: The Stick of Truth, and yet, not a word out of Trey Parker or Matt Stone about it (BTW, the rights to both South Park and TMNT are owned by Viacom).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sakurai just needs to accept that people are gonna do this for any game. Look how many people are doing it with South Park: The Stick of Truth, and yet, not a word out of Trey Parker or Matt Stone about it (BTW, the rights to both South Park and TMNT are owned by Viacom).
The difference between Ninja Turtles and South Park is that Nickelodeon will instantly take down anything related to Turtles or SpongeBob so that there's no spoilers(yet that's not stopping people from doing it anyways). South Park can be uploaded to youtube and it'll be ok. Viacom can be weird sometimes with their most popular stuff.

Sakurai is a man who likes to surprise people, and whenever something like Subspace Emmisary or the whole Smash 4 roster before dlc..or Ryu...gets leaked put and you wanted to keep that a secret, you'd be pissed off or sad to. That's something leaks don't think of when leaking things(Sakurai just wants to please people all around the world). Maybe he'll just give up on Smash because of this and only work on Kid Icarus/something that's not retiring from gaming in general.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
- No story mode

- FG only having Omega stages

- FG 2v2 being only time with team attack off.

- Tournament mode being only 3 minutes.

- No Japanese voice option.
- Miis and clones that should have just been character palettes *COUGH* :4drmario:

Last edited:

Thanos6

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thanos6
*Too much Kid Icarus representation. Especially in Smash Run.

*This is a little thing, but you know the names you give to your custom setups? It'd be a nice touch if you could choose for those names to display over your character's head instead of your name.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Yeah but unlike unlike Bowserciding it is really difficult to do and hype to see happen.
  • Bowser doesn't dash forward like Ganon does (for the default, anyway) and, as such, has a lot less range and can't really use it coming back to the stage like Ganon can.
  • The opponent has at least some control during Bowsercide, so they aren't completely at Bowser's mercy after being grabbed, unless the % gap is huge.
  • Port priority pretty much negated it pre-patch assuming stocks are even and Bowser has the higher controller port.
I'm not saying Bowsercide shouldn't have been fixed, but you get the idea. You just can't pick and choose; if every other suicide method kills the perpetrator first, then Ganoncide shouldn't be an exception just because of "muh hype."
And Ganoncide? Hype? The two shouldn't even be referred to in the same sentence (unless it's along the lines of "Ganoncide is not hype," of course).

Last edited:

FallenHero

Smash Ace
  • Bowser doesn't dash forward like Ganon does (for the default, anyway) and, as such, has a lot less range and can't really use it coming back to the stage like Ganon can.
  • The opponent has at least some control during Bowsercide, so they aren't completely at Bowser's mercy after being grabbed, unless the % gap is huge.
  • Port priority pretty much negated it pre-patch assuming stocks are even and Bowser has the higher controller port.
I'm not saying Bowsercide shouldn't have been fixed, but you get the idea. You just can't pick and choose; if every other suicide method kills the perpetrator first, then Ganoncide shouldn't be an exception just because of "muh hype."
And Ganoncide? Hype? The two shouldn't even be referred to in the same sentence (unless it's along the lines of "Ganoncide is not hype," of course).
Still though, Ganonciding is not easy to do unless your opponent is an idiot and stands right at the ledge allowing it to happen.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Yeah but unlike unlike Bowserciding it is really difficult to do and hype to see happen.
The swipe with range that makes Jigglypuff laugh and that can also be escaped, is harder to land than actual dash with actual range? Do you know how to logic?

Mario123311

Smash Ace
-Lack of Wario Land representation
-Lack of Pac-Man World representation
-Smash Tour is boring, Adventure Mode from at least Melee would be better.
-Kid Icarus Overrepresentation
-While I like the new Mario reps... Enough is enough for this game, needs to be balanced out with other franchises
-Starfy is still an Assist Trophy despite the DS game releasing in Americia
-Custom Moves were completely wasted potential
-Mario still looks too pissed, I'm sorry.
-"I'M REALLY FEELING IT"
-Stagebuilder is even more limited than Brawl's

Below are just personal "nitpicks" than anything, honestly:
-Roll's trophy doesn't have her MM8 dress
-Pac-Man barely has enough sound effects
-Too many Swordfighters. This is SMASH Bros, not Soul Calibur.
-No Ms. Pac-Man alt?
-Giana BETTER be DLC.

And while this doesn't really bother me: I would have liked Martin T Sherman to return as Pac-Man and Ruth Siraishi to voice Mega Man again respectively. :U

On the subject of voice acting: Should have had Yui Horie and Yū Kobayashi for Female and Male Villager respectively IMO. ((They played Ai and Yu in the AC film, it would be a neat shout out))

Last edited:

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Things wrong:

Custom move unlock system: I have so many characters missing moves... but I estimate out of robs 8 custom moves I have unlocked 9,847 of them. This is a slight exaggeration...

]Fix: Make it impossible to draw moves you have already unlocked. Furthermore, make moves from the character being played more common.

Online philosophy:
As a whole, online pushes quick time matches, or for glory restrictions, and doesn't give players much choice. Why can't players alternate level choice in for fun instead of being sent to Pyrosphere all the freaking time?

Fix: Allow players to alternate level choices in any mode outside of for glroy... bump up the youtube uplaod limit to 10 minutes with an option to tell the system to shut off after completion. This allows multiple styles to be recorded and uplaoded lessening the need for freaking expensive capture devices.... give choice to play time or stock matches...

Smash Tour:
Great idea... terrible implementation To much unearned power.

Fix: Look more to early mario parties... games of skill give huge advantages, money used to by items/fighters but still plenty of opportunities for chaos to happen.

Item drops: I would like to see the game make it a point to drop items in neutral locations... quit dropping explosives on my head when im charging a smash attack and starmen on my friends head when I am close to getting him. (exaggeration). Still, if they would drop in a place where everyone had to fght for them... the game would be better.

Updates:

Lack of patch notes is stupid...

Fix: Tell us what changes happened and save us the speculation and WORK. It is their job to make the game our's to enjoy it... figureing all those things out is work not fun. (thanks to all who put up with it and figure stuff out for us lazy/busy people.)

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
-No matchmaking system
-No way to tell if the guy you're fighting is good or bad before the match starts
-No way to tell if the guy you're fighting has a good connection
-No story mode and worthwhile boss battles

Last edited:

ralph458

Smash Cadet
NNID
larosawiiu
Wii U Version Only: Oh not that much, just that:
  • top tier characters are too overpowered
  • bottom tier characters are too underpowered (I'm all for some characters having superiority over others, but at least give bottom tiers a chance)
  • Rolls, shields and air dodges having little consequences for misusing
  • Shield's are practically immune to breaking
  • Lack of ledge hogging in some form - I'd have it so the invincibility frames you have when you first grab a ledge are when you can ledge hog, but as soon as the frames wear off, it goes to the smash 4 mechanics of ledge grabbing (This coming from a Semi-Casual)
  • Smash Tour
  • Classic mode (Wii U version)
  • Lack of Stage hazard switch (Choose which stage hazards)
  • Yellow Devil and Ridley
  • There are Barely any good stages (Slowly changing with DLC)
  • Lack of Sonic Remixes
  • Overabundance of Megaman 2 remixes
  • Too many DK remixes of the EXACT SAME F***ING SONG!
  • Cut Veterans (All of them, even :pichumelee:)
  • Lack of break the targets, board the platforms or Smash Run (PLEASE MAKE ONE OF THESE DLC!)
  • most custom moves
  • No new Metroid, DK, Legend of Zelda, F-zero Reps
  • Zelda and Sheik cannot Transform - That being said, I like their new Down-B's, but maybe in the next iteration, they could also transform with a taunt and keep their new Down-B's
  • Target Blast
  • Getting the same custom moves again
  • No Offline tourney mode
  • Online tourney mode sucks
  • Most matches online have input lag (Maybe because I live in Australia, but my internet is fine)
  • Lack of Villains
  • Some counters are too good, while some counters barely work
  • Dr. Mario's Side-B having no air-stall (Coming from a main)
  • No directional air dodges (I have an idea for it, only 1 or 2 per time in the air, and you don't go into helpless state)
  • Invincibility frames last too long
  • Some modes on different difficulty instantly change from easy/mildly challenging to throwing the controller at the TV screen in anger and lighting the house on fire with, no in between difficulty
  • Most New characters: What a great idea, let's implement it (Next minute) is that a god/turd running around?
  • Fanboys complaining about character inclusions (Not Execution as I just complained about)
  • Sonic's nerfed side taunt
  • No Waluigi
  • Palutena's default moveset sucked (Save Warp and Counter to a certain extent)
  • valedictory elegy not having an uppercase 'V' (and maybe 'E')
  • Miiverse isn't offensive enough (Except DK, That sh*ts hilarious)
You know, only a few nitpicks.
Also, I still love the game

Last edited:

Gimmick

Smash Ace
The fact that Sonic was brought back.
Smash tour: just a really poorly constructed mode.
3DS holding the Wii U ver. back: seriously... Imagine in this game wasn't being held back by the 3DS's limitations.
Lack of new stages.
Custom moves: there pretty much a waste, and have died out.
Removal of Snake: why? Even Kojima wanted him back.
Omega Stages: seriously... They actually took the time to create 30+ versions of Final Destination. -_-

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
The fact that Sonic was brought back.
Smash tour: just a really poorly constructed mode.
3DS holding the Wii U ver. back: seriously... Imagine in this game wasn't being held back by the 3DS's limitations.
Lack of new stages.
Custom moves: there pretty much a waste, and have died out.
Removal of Snake: why? Even Kojima wanted him back.

Omega Stages: seriously... They actually took the time to create 30+ versions of Final Destination. -_-
So...Sonic is a worse fit for Smash Bros. than Snake? And you think custom moves are a waste?

I feel that the unlock system is a bit bogus, as they're giving too much attention to trophies. Why do they lump equipment and custom moves, two separate gameplay-changing elements, together--and then separately put a thing that's just for completionists or looking at? They also give trophies two modes dedicated to collect them faster (and one of them, oddly enough, is the fastest way to unlock custom moves...). It's like they're deifying trophies, which have existed since Melee, and then leaving their new selling points in the dust.

It's also aggravatingly hard to unlock custom moves, as they're lumped with the thousands of equipment pieces, and you can get repeats. Why? It's not even like they're completely revolutionizing the game, they're just giving characters ways to be good, and yet it takes so long to ensure that the game doesn't give you another repeat or useless piece of equipment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom