• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Things That Bug you in Smash

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
The worst part is that we shall probably get more veterans because the community is all like " Wolf for DLC he will be so good even though he was mid tier in brawl." Or " Bring back Pichu because why not." Seriously newcomers is first priority.
Sadly, Japan heavily favors veterans, so we probably won't get many more newcomers. However, although I prefer newcomers over veterans, it's important to understand why people want their favorite characters back. For people who say, "Just go play Melee/Brawl/Project M!" they either have to modify their Wii console (Project M), play a game with lackluster gameplay (Brawl), or play a game that, despite having good gameplay, is very outdated (Melee). So, I can see why there's been a large bias towards veterans.

Zorthax

Smash Rookie
- Being able to get the same trophies, equipment, and custom moves more than once. There's absolutely no need to make what is already such a huge grind even worse. At the very least only sell trophies in the trophy store that I don't already have.
- No way to include custom made stages in random stage selection
- Can't ban certain characters for random character selection
- Only one song for each custom stage
- Rumble
- It's the 4th entry in the series, when will they learn we would all rather play stock than time? At the very least remember our previous settings instead of having to change them every single time we play.

TheJolteon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
x5000luigi
You what Brawl had over Smash 4? Single Player content that was amazing. Brawl had the best single player content ever and Sakurai messed up smash 4's.

Rocket-Bot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rocketbot21
Super armor in general. For some moves I understand, but for things like little macs smash attack (expect for like up I think?), are really annoying

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
You what Brawl had over Smash 4? Single Player content that was amazing. Brawl had the best single player content ever and Sakurai messed up smash 4's.
Probably cuz Sakurai had to split the single player amongst two versions and purposely make the inferior handheld's single player better to make the game falsely relevant. #conspiracygrumps

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Representation in general this game drives me nuts. Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus get all the love with all those characters, trophies and stages, while series's with larger fanbases and sales like DK, Metroid and Kirby just get to sit there enviously. I mean come on, Dark Matter, outside of Dedede, is the main antagonist of the Kirby series, and the guy doesn't even have a single trophy, not in any of the other smash games, and even in Brawl, he does not even have a sticker, it's ridiculous. Not to mention that all of Kirby's stages, characters, and assist trophies are from Sakurai's era, it's literally the only Nintendo franchise with recent releases in the game to not even have a modern stage. Meanwhile, Kid Icarus gets over 60 trophies, how am I expected to not get even a bit jealous of that?

I'm not saying representation should be strictly done by sales numbers but, when you have a franchise that hasn't even broke 3 million sales having equal characters and greater everything else to Kirby (34 million copies) and when we have Fire Emblem who hasn't broke 17 million with 3 unique characters and 2 clones, aka the same amount as Zelda, I feel like there's something a bit off and to be blunt, personally, it disgusts me that some of the big fanbases can't get anything while some smaller ones get a ton of stuff.

Last edited:

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Not being able to turn off bosses is criminal activity. Wily's Castle would be probably my favorite stage if the Yellow Devil didn't show up every ten seconds, and while Pyrosphere's edges are mostly ass, at least it would be another tournament viable stage.

All of the extra crap in this one drives me nuts, not because most of it is garbage (looking at you, Smash Run/Smash Tour) but because I know that garbage ate up development time/budget and as a result cut characters, stages, balance testing, what have you. Yeah, we've got DLC, but I'd rather not pay a tenth of the game's price for literally a 50th of its total content just because someone wanted to introduce party game into Smash even harder.

So many Pokemon. Honestly I'd pay 5 dollars for DLC that removes Pikachu and Jigglypuff from the game. Joke's on me, they'll probably announce Pichu and Pokefloats soon.

People have complained about the menu already but I just need to come in and complain about it again. I think Melee is cancer but at least its menu wasn't atrocious. I get that all of the single player modes outside of training are atrocious but if you were so ashamed of them, why not just cut them?

Still no DLC for 3DS stages, but DLC for two of the most awful N64 stages. Saffron City next, I guarantee it.

For Glory is awful, and online with friends isn't much better.

Still blows my mind that custom moves are unlockables instead of starting out with the characters. Not to mention they can't be bought with coins, and instead are given completely at random, often times unrelated to the character you're playing, and only unlocked through the aforementioned awful extra modes. I guess I'm slightly vindicated by the fact that custom moves are about 70% imbalanced, poorly planned out trash but still - why hype up the feature so much if it's going to be like this?

Troykv

Smash Master
Mmm... Things that bugs me...

- Trophy Representation (specially in the 3DS version).
- You can get the same custom move several times.
- Too many sword user from Fire Emblem (could be and actual problem with the clones... but I actually like to much Roy).

And other things that I don't remember right now.

Last edited:

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
The time it takes for someone to disappear in the background, or hit the screen. That's about 2-3 seconds.

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
I agree, especially with intensity 9.0, I still don't know how I managed to beat that mode without losing a life, it took me about ten tries, also, this is completely unrelated, but the Dr. Eggman video in your reply is hilarious!
Totally agree. I somehow managed to do that on my first try with Mega Man. He was the last character I had to clear 9.0 with, and I did it, somehow, but there was no way I was doing it those other times. There was always something to mess me up, no matter what I did.
Haha, thanks! It was too perfect to not use. :laugh:

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
How often the home button is blocked... why must I go back to the main menu in order to turn my gamepad display off?

Why is this even a thing? Why is this blocked at any point other than when it would mess with a save?

Also, not being able to start the game with a gamecube controller... minor issue but it would be nice to not need to use the gamepad to start the game.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
The lack of any sort of Adventure Mode.

Classic Mode's sheer chaos especially on WiiU.

The simple fact that characters that need zero nerfs still get nerfed (like Lucina/Marth).

ScienceFriction

Smash Rookie
1. Smash Tour

2. No Smash Run on WiiU

3. Dark Pit is just as broken as Brawl Pit

4. Honestly I could do with out the 100-odd matches to unlock all the characters. Only a minor problem but I don't see why we can't have the whole roster off the start

5. Some people say Marf instead of Marth

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure neither of those characters are broken...
The only remote things I could understand in his statement are his arrows being some of the best projectiles in that game, doing reasonable damage while having little to no startup or ending lag. That, and Angel Ring could break shields. Otherwise I'm not seeing where he's getting at. Dark Pit is nowhere near broken lol

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
This is something that no effort should be made to fix... but like everyone I have some characters that I like for reasons outside of smash. Bugs me when they don't fit my play style, or simply aren't that good.

McDizzle!

Smash Cadet
NNID
Patashu
The only remote things I could understand in his statement are his arrows being some of the best projectiles in that game, doing reasonable damage while having little to no startup or ending lag. That, and Angel Ring could break shields. Otherwise I'm not seeing where he's getting at. Dark Pit is nowhere near broken lol
Pit's up-b in Brawl was amazing for both recovery and moving around the stage... maybe that's why he thought Brawl Pit was broken.

midna.

Smash Cadet
i seriously dont like the fact you cant ledgesteal anymore, that was so fun i mean i wish they at least had an option to turn it on or off

midna.

Smash Cadet
i seriously dont like the fact you cant ledgesteal anymore, that was so fun i mean i wish they at least had an option to turn it on or off

edit: sorry my message posted twice i have no idea why....

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
-Imbalance in the cast; fast characters >> heavy characters always.

-Stuck with certain characters in the cast that are considered 'staple' ; Sheik, Jigglypuff

-Ganondorf

-Mewtwo always being horrible

-Samus being horrible since Brawl

-All newcomers in Smash 4

-Brawl's physics

-Melee's lack of Diddy Kong (would've made it my absolute favorite game ever, wouldn't even be posting here, I'd be playing Melee)

-MetaKnight in Brawl

-Ganondorf's sword taunt

-3rd party inclusions

-The 3DS version

-Inclusion of Miis

-Dark Pit & Dr.Mario

-Over-emphasis of the Mario and Pokémon franchises above other Nintendo franchises

-Under-emphasis of the Donkey Kong Country series

-Smash Tour

-Brawl's Online

-Sakurai being an absolute ****ing troll and priding himself about it

Alice Margatroid

Doll Judgement
The fact that the game's potential was so limited due to there being a 3DS version.

Other than that I only really hate the ledges of some of the Ω stages, specifically Battlefield and Pyrosphere.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
How the clones were handled (come on, guys, the game's been out for a year, it's about time you guys started differentiating them a bit from the character they're cloned from) and the way Classic exists. The item spam there is massive. I don't think I've ever been KO'd by being KO'd, instead of being hit by some stupid item or stage hazard...
...To think I still gotta finish Classic in 9.0... I got so close a few hours ago.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
My biggest gripe with this game... Isn't actually the game. Its how much hate Smash Tour gets. Me and my friends will spend hours playing nothing but smash tour. True, sometimes one guy gets really lucky and the final battle turns into him grabbing and throwing you/items with his 1000 throw. But often it become this epic mess of extremely fast bowsers, and Jigglys that deal upwards of 15-20% PER AERIAL. In addition, it might seem tough to keep track of everything that goes on on the board at first, it gets real easy pretty fast.

And Star battles. Those are the best

Last edited:

Simperheve

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Simperheve
My only gripe with Smash is the poor handling of online play. I've played well over 100 matches and never had a match where the connection quality hasn't negatively affected it. It's either been me with the bad connection, or the opponent (often demonstrated by bad movements that make no sense). It's annoying because it means that i'm limited to practicing against Lvl 9 CPUs (which isn't the most optimal thing to practice against) and then I only get to play other people when I go to my brother's house or the friendlies session each week.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
  • The way some characters are designed (:4sonic::4ness::4zss::4jigglypuff::4littlemac:).
  • For Glory in general.
  • The character limit when it comes to naming things.
  • CPU's having impeccable reaction time.
  • Rage is probably the worst thing to happen to the Smash series.
  • Ganondorf's face.
  • The costume choices for a lot of characters are dissapointing.
  • Single player sucks ass.
  • Smash Tour's very existence.
  • Clones in general.
  • The hitboxes in this game are pretty ****ty, but that seems to be a recurring theme in Smash games.
  • Pyrosphere's ledges.
  • Series representation being skewered.
  • The newcomers are rather dissapointing.
  • Custom moves being handled ****tily.
  • The disturbing lack of Wolf.
  • The stages suck compared to the 3DS version.
  • The blast zones in both versions.
  • This isn't really related to the game, but the laziness of the balancing team.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Villager's Up-B. Most of the time, a stage spike equals death; Villager did not receive that memo.

Lack of L-Canceling. Were it present, at least there'd be something proactive we could do to alleviate landing lag instead of hoping that the next patch sorts things out, or using equipment.

Stages that could be legal but aren't because of hazards/transformations.

Nerfing Shield Breaker despite Ryu's Collarbone Breaker being vastly superior even before the nerf.

Custom Moves that lack the variety that Palutena and Mii Fighters enjoy.

How unreliable the C-Stick can be.

How "balanced" the roster is.

ghWyPakDzVvPncx76h2J

Smash Cadet
I'm with a lot of people here when they ask for actual new DLC. In reality, I'd be pretty pissed off if we got a veteran from the Smash Ballot, at this point the veterans should of been in Smash 4 from the get-go. We have 2 newcomers, and 3 veterans, and most people just want Wolf, Snake, and the Ice Climbers? In all seriousness they are fantastic additions, but they aren't something that the smash ballot deserves. I'd rather make history then repeat history.

Next, why is Final Destination the only stage in an overly safe online environment the absolute stage? Bad enough online has lag that promotes defensive play and discourages approaches, but this was a flat out terrible decision that is absolutely garbage. This is probably why I won't ever have remember playing with online when it gets taken down in 3 to 6 years from now, because the last impression was mostly just "it was better than brawl, but it's filled with terrible decisions". Also no 1 v 1 tournaments, or offline tournaments? I was never really excited for tourney mode anyways, I knew they'd forget something and wouldn't really be able to have any form of usefulness except overly organized matchmaking that isn't that different from online.

Ganondorf's Up Smash, I'm probably to the nose with salt after trying to grab him from behind just to get sent flying because of some dumb oversight by whoever designs these hurtboxes. I think you people know exactly what is so jank about this hitbox.

Why, out of all of the possibilities did custom moves turn into a cluster**** of jankness everywhere? Adding windboxes to every move doesn't make the game more fun. It's because of stuff like this that custom moves get a bad reputation and why they honestly won't be legal at tournaments.

Dark Pit: Wasted potential, need I explain more? Worst clone in the history of Smash Bros.

No way to change airdodges: The game would be much more faster if you limited airdodges to once per aerial session aka Melee Airdodges, wavedashing optional, no ones like being limited only to their sex kick or multihit aerial in the air and slows the game down way too much.

Easy, annoying to punish, recoveries: Off stage gameplay gets really tedious and while I am in favor of the new ledge mechanics, I am not in favor however of how easy it is for some characters to recover and how hard it is to punish, why in god's name does captain falcon's grab range bypass the stage upon activation? Also why does Ganondorf's Recovery have him snap a ledge he wasn't even in the vicinity of? With the whole post Brawl smash atmosphere with the Sakurai Angle it makes for some excruciatingly boring off-stage play that mostly results in opponents going 70 degrees into the air, usually never below the ledge unless you are mario or Ryu and with the recoveries being ridiculously good, thus usually making the gamepace very floaty and that plus airdodge mechanics is just ugh, that's where smash 4 really lacks the most gameplay wise for me.

Overall Smash 4 is a great game, but it suffers heavily when it comes to aerial combat. Also did I mention how the transition between aerial and ground combat is? Because 1/3rd of the moveset of a character is locked into the air, and with the meta mostly rewarding characters with auto cancel aerials it puts forth a gameplay style that mostly sees punishes as soon as a player lands on the ground. Smash 4 is one of the most balanced, but I'm sure if they make a couple really great patches this game could be lasting for many more years to come, right now I don't see Smash 4 being replayable for 2 more years if it still suffers from mediocre aerial combat (something Brawl suffered from significantly) and what will still be pretty defensive play, yes the shieldstun update did happen, but I am very bugged that landing lag is still an obstacle to many characters, most notably Shulk, in trying to approach and this really isn't great.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
3. Dark Pit is just as broken as Brawl Pit
qVGGGP4.png qVGGGP4.png qVGGGP4.png qVGGGP4.png qVGGGP4.png qVGGGP4.png qVGGGP4.png qVGGGP4.png qVGGGP4.png

The biggest thing that bothers me is that Mewtwo feels pretty freaking unfinished (wut are hitboxes kek
Sheik
Sheik
Sheik
Ness is a stupidly good character considering how easy he is to use
Ness U-air
ZSS U-B
Luigis stupid sweetspot U-B
Smash tour is garbage
Classic mode is absolute garbage now its not even classic mode, just heres a bunch of **** deal with it
Lucina with a terrible design gameplay wise
and many more. Im tire and I dont feel like typing them all out, but you get the picture.
Also
NERF Sheik already jeez

KGgames

Smash Cadet
NNID
MitsySueG24
-Overconfident 12 year olds who call you a variety of salty insults or swears via name change function and get super mad if you beat them. (I wonder if reporting them would do anything...)
-People who only use top-tier characters.
-Smash Tour: Do we really need a Mario Party game in Smash?
-People who spam two or more taunts after a KO. (except for Ness and G&W since their taunts are really short)
-DLC is a bit too expensive but considering that Sakurai said that Mewtwo would be the only DLC. I'm not going to complain more.
-No offline touney mode.
-Input lag and lag just in general. All it takes is one person with that horrendous internet to lag the whole match.
-Little Mac.
-Truces in 4 player FG matches.
-Level 9 CPU.
-They took out :wolf:... :sadeyes:

McDizzle!

Smash Cadet
NNID
Patashu
-Overconfident 12 year olds who call you a variety of salty insults or swears via name change function and get super mad if you beat them. (I wonder if reporting them would do anything...)
-People who only use top-tier characters.
-Smash Tour: Do we really need a Mario Party game in Smash?
-People who spam two or more taunts after a KO. (except for Ness and G&W since their taunts are really short)
-DLC is a bit too expensive but considering that Sakurai said that Mewtwo would be the only DLC. I'm not going to complain more.
-No offline touney mode.
-Input lag and lag just in general. All it takes is one person with that horrendous internet to lag the whole match.
-Little Mac.
-Truces in 4 player FG matches.
-Level 9 CPU.
-They took out :wolf:... :sadeyes:
What's wrong with Little Mac?

Naklsonofnakkl

Smash Rookie
NNID
NaklsonofNakkl
I hate the lag online.
I hate the lag online.
I hate the lag online.
Seriously, it is 2015, how is there no such thing as a ping test before the god damn game starts to ensure that two people can properly host a game against one another?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The c stick in smash 4 is awful. C-stick jab. c-stick n-air. why? No one knows. People say its when you do it diagonally. They're wrong.

Also why is it that the z button jumps when sliding off a ledge. I have no idea. there are some questionable things in this game.

Last edited:

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
i dont like that everything in this game isnt catered towards my every desire

thats a pretty big flaw imo

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Execution of online play.

For fun or for glory:

For fun: Short time matches... knockouts key. I like playing with items at times when I don't feel like being ultra serious let's drill this stuff... but time matches make it boring to me. I much prefer stock... Why isn't that an option? This is a tad better in 2 vs 2... but still.

Stage choice: Why is it random instead of alternating between players? If my opponent wants to bring me to pyrosphere ok fine... but that stage is so unpopular and we constantly seem to land there.

For glory: There are many great near hazard free stages that aren't final destination... I'd like to see at least the most conservative of them legal. (Battlefield for example).

Tournament: don't even start me on this one...

Customs: Why is there no option to say yes custom moves no custom equipment?

Top Bottom