• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Things That Bug you in Smash

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
10) Final boss in classic mode on 7 or higher. F*** that. It's annoying. I can't even land back on stage most of the time. There's about a full second of time you have to attack before the bosses do their next move and usually you end up using that time trying to either recover or prepare for the next move they make. It's unenjoyable and because unlockables are just handed to you, not worth it in ANY way. Let's say you actually got to the end boss and defeated all its forms. Well that just means you get to do the STAGE BOSS. You probably only have one life, high damage and sure, there's a recovery item but only the one. It turns into this f***fest of you trying not to touch just about anything except some of the ground and a few platforms. If you get hit and sent flying at all, the camera locks in place and the edge of the screen becomes the kill zone until you regain control of yourself. And that one weakspot on the far right of the stage... I've fallen off the screen just trying to locate that thing. There's no reason to do this other than to say 'well at least I did it'.
Well, the problem I have with the final boss at 9.0 difficulty is that someone on the development team seriously looked at Master Core and really thought: "You know what would be nice? If this thing could 0-to-death you with a single move that's impossible to escape once you fall into it. That'll sure be fun!"
I was playing as a really beefy and defensive custom Captain Falcon against the Sword transformation. Then, it did a series of moves that literally got me from 0 to about 69% and I got smashed to the blast line with no right to defend myself (Just to remind you: I think Cpt. Falcon weights 102 by default. He's actually pretty freaking heavy). I mean, even if I hadn't died, it still would've really sucked to go from a fresh new stock to kill percent in one single quick series of moves, especially since the Swords form is still its second-to-last transformation. If you're above 110% when you reach its final form, you might as well give up, you're not getting it unless you play ridiculously careful. And that still doesn't guarantee you squat.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
- Level 9 CPUs are a nightmare to fight, especially in single-player. I mean, clear classic on 9.0 under 12 minutes while playing as Marth?! Speaking of which...

- I like the new "Classic" mode, but at the same time, I think it's worst one they've made. 8-Player Smash is awesome if you're with friends, but my gosh, single-player on a high difficulty when you have to fight those demons and you're just trying to survive? Forget it. It also doesn't help that half the items that show up are OHKO juggernauts that always spawn next to your opponents, and don't even get me started on random intruder battles...
It's sad when you know that Smash 3DS is more forgiving with its challenges and Classic mode. Even at intensity 9.0, you could just take the easier routes to make the intensity feel less absurd, and your only challenge is to just complete intensity 9.0. And of course, you don't have to deal with Master Fortress at all.

In Smash Wii U, however, it's not enough to complete intensity 9.0, but you also have to do it without losing lives, without customizations, AND you have to complete it solo within 12 minutes as Marth. While you can Golden Hammer two of those challenges, having to complete 9.0 without losing any lives is inevitable.

And the sad part is that I couldn't even beat intensity 9.0 Master Core without losing any lives in Smash 3DS.

On a side note, while using equipment such as Unharmed Attacker and Vampire might sound like a good idea, that likely won't be enough if their stat boosts are too low, and their stat drops are too high; this is especially notable with Vampire, as its stat boost can't go higher than 42, and even then, the lowest possible stat drop with a +42 stat boost is -42. And of course, I don't even know if Vampire even does anything against Master Hand, Crazy Hand, or Master Core; I do know that First Striker only activates if you get the first hit on a "playable" character.

a dog

Smash Cadet
I think the worst part of the one-stock Classic mode 9.0 thing is just how tediously time-consuming it is. If you make it all the way to Master Core only to mess up and lose a stock then that's another 10 minutes or so you'd have to spend playing the mode yet again.

I've basically given up on challenges. Playing the CPU isn't fun at any difficulty level and I'd much rather spend my time playing human opponents online.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Honestly, I've had it with both CPUs and players in For Glory. Dunno why, but I've been losing most of my matches there, lately. I guess it's because I'm too used to, you know, not having input lag? And also, I've been playing too much Melee, lately, that doesn't help either.
I don't know how For Glory tries to find opponents for you, but it's doing something wrong.

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
It's sad when you know that Smash 3DS is more forgiving with its challenges and Classic mode. Even at intensity 9.0, you could just take the easier routes to make the intensity feel less absurd, and your only challenge is to just complete intensity 9.0. And of course, you don't have to deal with Master Fortress at all.

In Smash Wii U, however, it's not enough to complete intensity 9.0, but you also have to do it without losing lives, without customizations, AND you have to complete it solo within 12 minutes as Marth. While you can Golden Hammer two of those challenges, having to complete 9.0 without losing any lives is inevitable.

And the sad part is that I couldn't even beat intensity 9.0 Master Core without losing any lives in Smash 3DS.
That reminds me: I hate the way the game handles continues. The whole "automatically lower the difficulty every time you lose" makes an already ridiculously tough challenge near impossible because you only get one shot at the whole thing. Normally, I'd probably just quit and restart, but you can't even do that without wasting all the money you have to pay just to play it.

And on a related note, All-Star doesn't even let you use continues period.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
3DS version, atleast, All-Star in Hard isn't even that bad. I can finish it in that difficulty with pretty much every character (even if I have to retry once or twice because you know that's how the game is, really...)

Last edited:

a dog

Smash Cadet
That reminds me: I hate the way the game handles continues. The whole "automatically lower the difficulty every time you lose" makes an already ridiculously tough challenge near impossible because you only get one shot at the whole thing. Normally, I'd probably just quit and restart, but you can't even do that without wasting all the money you have to pay just to play it.

Don't forget that this is also the longest and most grueling All-Star mode of all too, with around 50 characters you gotta slog through on one stock.

And one of the challenges is to do it without healing. SMH

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think the worst part of the one-stock Classic mode 9.0 thing is just how tediously time-consuming it is. If you make it all the way to Master Core only to mess up and lose a stock then that's another 10 minutes or so you'd have to spend playing the mode yet again.

I've basically given up on challenges. Playing the CPU isn't fun at any difficulty level and I'd much rather spend my time playing human opponents online.
Amusingly, I actually received the Double Final Smasher Protection Badge from one of my amiibo, and that's a challenge exclusive piece of equipment in Smash Wii U.

What really sucks is if you get a game over before you even reach the final stage. If you get a game over while facing Master Core, however, you've more than likely gained more gold than what you've spent; 2200G for intensity 9.0.

As for All-Star mode, I really don't like those "true" All-Star mode challenges in which you have to complete the normal difficulty without healing between rounds (especially as Captain Falcon). I also find it stupid that you have to complete the "true" All-Star mode solo on hard difficulty as Duck Hunt; the duo heavily struggles to make quick KOs.

Also, the challenges become even harder if you download any of the DLC characters, so you'd have to delete your DLC to reduce the difficulty of the challenges.

3DS version, atleast, All-Star in Hard isn't even that bad. I can finish it in that difficulty with pretty much every character (even if I have to retry once or twice because you know that's how the game is, really...)
At least you can avoid playing the hard difficulty in Smash 3DS's All-Star mode by using a Golden Hammer. Smash Wii U has All-Star mode challenges that you can't Golden Hammer your way out of, which is very disturbing when you consider that in Brawl, you could Golden Hammer all of the All-Star mode difficulty level challenges (including Intense).

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
do it without healing
Longest I went without healing in the 3DS version was with Mario (on Hard), must've had about 190% and I think I was still on 2003-2006. At 190%, if someone breathes on you too hard, you die.
At least you can avoid playing the hard difficulty in Smash 3DS's All-Star mode by using a Golden Hammer. Smash Wii U has All-Star mode challenges that you can't Golden Hammer your way out of, which is very disturbing when you consider that in Brawl, you could Golden Hammer all of the All-Star mode difficulty level challenges (including Intense).
Stuff like that is what's really not making me that excited to get the Wii U version.

GLENTENDO

Smash Rookie
NNID
WISTON
3DS FC
0602-6421-7828
This game is incredible but the more amazing it is, the more it hurts that your favorite character gets cut.

I’m sure it’s super hard to develop a game and this many characters, but even if it means Expensive DLC, they should absolutely NEVER, ever cut characters. My brother and I live Smash Bros and play almost everyday... My brother mained Snake and my cousin mained Wolf... I know Ice Climbers were cut because they couldn't run on 3DS and he doesn't want to have a different roster but... If it's that one character I don't think anyone would mind, especially if it just literally because that character can't run on the other system.

I still love it but it just sucks...don’t enjoy it as much when you feel like you are playing your second best fighter.

Especially with every interview Mr. Sakurai does he alludes to this being the final Smash game he may direct himself.

RIP SNAKE, WOLF, ICE CLIMBERS. Would trade half the roster for them back. Newcomers are great but the more installments in the series, the more passionate the fan base gets, the worse it is when a players 8 years of maiming a character gets cut.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lately, I've been kind of frustrated with how tough it is to get equipment with the bonus effects that you want. I've been trying to get more Glider equipment, but with no dice after getting a Glider Brawn Badge, which has a rather lousy stat spread.

It's also sad that you can't control what kind of equipment that your amiibo will receive after a match. It could face someone like Mario multiple times, and yet you'll get equipment that Mario can't even use.

Dilan Omer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dildry
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Honestly, I've had it with both CPUs and players in For Glory. Dunno why, but I've been losing most of my matches there, lately. I guess it's because I'm too used to, you know, not having input lag? And also, I've been playing too much Melee, lately, that doesn't help either.
I don't know how For Glory tries to find opponents for you, but it's doing something wrong.
I had it with CPU's since when I play Offline mode I go Hard mode always but I can rarely get a spike due to their perfect air dodging skills

And on For Glory I destroyed about 30 people with Marth/Lucina/ZSS triple due of doom

I dont know how I would always switch to another one to handle them and these three (well two if you catch my drift) just played really right for me today and I got really awesome disrespectful wins on people (I broke a guys shield three times in a match with Lucina and spiked him at the end)

Smash 4 was getting boring for me and I wasnt too keen on for glory since 3DS lags but today the game was bloody awesome for me and most matches were smooth and fine..

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
idk why I forgot about this for so long, but it really pisses me off how villains get no respect. There are 58 characters and only 4 villains (8 if you count anti-heroes). Roughly 1/3 of the current cast are newcomers, but only one of them was a villain (2 if you count anti-heroes, but it's still a net gain of 1 because they took out Wolf). I get the franchises where there are really no bad guys or they're all giant monsters, but most of the franchises in the game have villains that'd make good characters. Even if we don't count the franchises that just got in, then we still had Donkey Kong, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Mother, F-Zero and Sonic who could've easily had evil reps this time, but the only villain added in Smash 4 was another Mario character. A lot of people say that certain demographics are "underrepresented", like DK or Metroid or ethnic minorities or weapon users who aren't swordsman, but I can say without a doubt that villains are the most underrepresented demographic in Super Smash Bros.

Just so I have something to point to when Smash 5 comes out and there's like 1 new villain in a 15 character class of newcomers, again (edit: could not have possibly been more wrong about this lol), here's a list of usable villains from currently represented franchises:
  • King K. Rool
  • Dark Samus (if Ridley is still unworkable)
  • Black Shadow
  • Samurai Goroh
  • Black Knight (imo the only FE villain that's really stuck out)
  • Hades (or Medusa if we're pretending the first game mattered)
  • Dr. Eggman (I would literally kill the president for him to get in)
  • King Hippo
  • Bald Bull (literally anyone from Punch-Out, but these two are by far the most iconic and popular)
  • Porky
  • Bass
  • Dr. Wily
  • Sigma
  • Skull Kid/Majora
  • Akuma
  • M. Bison
  • Kefka
  • Sephiroth
  • Probably several cool FF villains I'm forgetting
  • Wolf
  • Zanza
  • Waluigi (we have the ****ing Wii Fit trainer, there's no excuse anymore)

Last edited:

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
idk why I forgot about this for so long, but it really pisses me off how villains get no respect. There are 58 characters and only 4 villains (8 if you count anti-heroes). Roughly 1/3 of the current cast are newcomers, but only one of them was a villain (2 if you count anti-heroes, but it's still a net gain of 1 because they took out Wolf). I get the franchises where there are really no bad guys or they're all giant monsters, but most of the franchises in the game have villains that'd make good characters. Even if we don't count the franchises that just got in, then we still had Donkey Kong, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Mother, F-Zero and Sonic who could've easily had evil reps this time, but the only villain added in Smash 4 was another Mario character. A lot of people say that certain demographics are "underrepresented", like DK or Metroid or ethnic minorities or weapon users who aren't swordsman, but I can say without a doubt that villains are the most underrepresented demographic in Super Smash Bros.
I am in agreement with a lot of this... I would like to see a guideline that if a hero is in the game and has an iconic villian counter part is in the game as well. (Donkey Kong - King K. Rool, Cloud - Sephiroth, Mario-Bowser, Mega Man - Dr. Wiely, Sonic - Eggman, Link- Gannondorf... intentionaly mixerd those present and not to make the point) To me... King K. Rool and Dr. Egman... just feel like they are missing... in more than a "I wish we had this" way... just seems wrong they aren't included... and fan's of other games will understandably feel that way about those omitted there.

GLENTENDO

Smash Rookie
NNID
WISTON
3DS FC
0602-6421-7828
I am in agreement with a lot of this... I would like to see a guideline that if a hero is in the game and has an iconic villian counter part is in the game as well. (Donkey Kong - King K. Rool, Cloud - Sephiroth, Mario-Bowser, Mega Man - Dr. Wiely, Sonic - Eggman, Link- Gannondorf... intentionaly mixerd those present and not to make the point) To me... King K. Rool and Dr. Egman... just feel like they are missing... in more than a "I wish we had this" way... just seems wrong they aren't included... and fan's of other games will understandably feel that way about those omitted there.
I disagee. The only reason Wolf should be back is because he already had a user base, players who mained him. But choosing a character just to have more villains isn't very wise, or choosing a villain just because you have the hero in the game. The reason I say this is because most of these villains wouldn't be all that interesting as fighters, and just adding them because they have a famous hero seems forced. Characters like King K Rool and Ridley don't have much personality to base a move set on, they aren't very unique. I mean if you think about it, that logic would mean that if it came down to adding someone like Ryu or Cloud, Mr. Sakurai would have to give DR. Eggman, King K Rool, and Dr Wily priority over them...just because their counterparts are in the game already. I'd rather have Cloud and Ryu...

But sure, just like they did with Wolf or Captain Falcon, they can invent a move set for character that aren't already that interesting. At that point the problem becomes that those characters are super obscure....

Other than Corrin, the characters Mr. Sakurai chooses to include have been perfect. I think the only fair criticism is the characters he includes, but then for some reason can't, or won't bring back.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
>arguably the best one yet
>no board the platforms

these two things don't mix

Last edited:

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
The funny thing is, Board the Platforms has been absent since Melee. I'm surprised that Target Smash lasted up to Brawl, before changing into Target Blast.
Target blast is garbage. I want Melee-type Target Test so bad.

Honestly, I'm not sure why Board the Platforms didn't make it to Melee. It's great fun.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
I'm old school to the point that, sometimes, I feel no Smashes in the game should hit more than once unless they're called Down Smash.
Yes, I can be petty.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
The load time when you first boot up the game bugs me. It feels like it takes ages. I don't need to see the opening sequence anymore and I wish there was an option to turn it off so the Wii U wouldn't bother with it in the first place.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The load time when you first boot up the game bugs me. It feels like it takes ages. I don't need to see the opening sequence anymore and I wish there was an option to turn it off so the Wii U wouldn't bother with it in the first place.
Interestingly, some of the older updates did skip the opening cinema completely on some occasions. It did absolutely nothing for loading times though.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
The loading times on the 3DS version aren't even that long, but they're long enough to annoy me. I never paid attention to the Wii U version's loading times, how bad is it in general?

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
The loading times on the 3DS version aren't even that long, but they're long enough to annoy me. I never paid attention to the Wii U version's loading times, how bad is it in general?
It varies. It's not so much load time as start up time that is a problem, skipping the intro would reduce this. I've also heard that the load times on the 3DS versus the New 3DS have a huge difference.

Pheva

Smash Cadet
Sheik is broken.

Some characters who desperately need to be touched up have not gotten changed significantly once.

Samus has a moveset that is intentionally designed not to function properly.

Rosalina and Luma's mere existence in this game.

The fact that Rosebola and Cancer can kill you with their up tilt at 0%.

Wario's shoulder bash was replaced with a generic punch for no reason.

Many final smashes became worse in this game yet many became broken.

Omnislash is completely broken. Why is Omnislash completely broken.

Literally every single move change they made to King Dedede from the transition from Brawl made him completely worse.

Smash tour is complete garbage that tried to make Mario party overly complicated and you have no idea what the hell is going on in it.

Sakurai's head is so far up his own ass that he can't bother to include a feature to disable stage gimmicks.

Wolf is not DLC.

Unlocking custom moves is literally the worst.

You can get duplicate custom moves even though it does nothing.

Sakurai thinks the best way to get people to play a game is to make them do weeks worth of unfun, unnecessary grinding.

The 3ds version somehow gives you new custom moves more than the Wii U version.

The 3ds version has better single player content in general.

Crazy Orders is ass.

Master Orders is ass.

Corneria is not on Wii U.

There are only 9 DLC stages.

There are no Melee stages as DLC.

Zelda has not gotten an actual new character since Melee.

Every time you die in Classic mode, the difficulty gets bumped down. So you're not even allowed to practice.

Bowser still doesn't have a correct personality and still remains Sakurai's fan character.

Where is DK's voice?

Mewtwo is really light.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
I'm not disagreeing with you on any of this, but I do wanna mention that Toon Link was new to Brawl, so they kind of got a new character, though we lost Young Link. Also at least there are Fox customs that can make him into Wolf. I miss Wolf too.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Rosalina and Luma's mere existence in this game.
It's not like Rosalina is still the terror she was back when the game was released. Sure, she's still damn effective, pretty annoying to fight against, and some characters still have (pretty much) impossible matchups against her, but she's not all-conquering.
And when the hell can her Up Tilt kill in 0%. I mean, yeah it can, but so can Mario's 1st jab if you hit it at the edge of the stage, and the enemy doesn't do anything at all.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
Interestingly, some of the older updates did skip the opening cinema completely on some occasions. It did absolutely nothing for loading times though.
Huh, weird. I would have thought that would at least speed it up a bit, but it's ok. Either way, it's not a huge deal. I'm just kinda impatient.

Pheva

Smash Cadet
It's not like Rosalina is still the terror she was back when the game was released. Sure, she's still damn effective, pretty annoying to fight against, and some characters still have (pretty much) impossible matchups against her, but she's not all-conquering.
And when the hell can her Up Tilt kill in 0%. I mean, yeah it can, but so can Mario's 1st jab if you hit it at the edge of the stage, and the enemy doesn't do anything at all.
So what you're saying is, she's not broken, but she's still totally broken.

Her up tilt can actually kill Bowser, the heaviest character in the entire game, at 0%. On the base platform of most stages. It is not comparable to Mario's jab in the slightest.

Last edited:

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
I'll have to check this out later, unless you have a video? I don't play her and none of my friends do either, so I can't remember offhand what her up tilt is.

Pheva

Smash Cadet
User was warned for this post
I'll have to check this out later, unless you have a video? I don't play her and none of my friends do either, so I can't remember offhand what her up tilt is.
*Video removed*

Granted, its with rage and Bowser is charging a Smash, but this is still absolutely ridiculous.

Moderator Edit: The video contains an inappropriate word, so it has been removed. Next time, please remember to NOT post any videos that contain inappropriate words, as that counts as censor dodging.

Last edited by a moderator:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
So what you're saying is, she's not broken, but she's still broken.
I'm saying she's still good, just not broken.
And, I don't get it, when can her Up Tilt ever kill anybody, let alone Bowser? I mean, yeah, you showed Rage, but Rosa is so light, you likely won't ever realistically have Rage 3 against a Bowser of all characters.
At 0% and no rage, her Up tilt sends him halfway across the stage, which is surprising, yeah.

Last edited:

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
*Video removed*

Granted, its with rage and Bowser is charging a Smash, but this is still absolutely ridiculous.
I just remembered YouTube is blocked at work, so I can't even view this now. I'll watch this when I get home in an hour and report back to you!

Last edited by a moderator:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Not only that, it only kills if there's 0 DI involved, too, apparently. So I doubt we'd see something like that ever being applied in a match.
It's like knowing that Mario's Get-Up Attack (the one when he gets back on stage, the ones where he's on the floor I call Wake-Up Attack) kills Jigglypuff on stage with no DI and no Rage involved as early as 933%. I mean, 'tis neat and all, but I dunno how much difference it makes to know that.

Pheva

Smash Cadet
And, I don't get it, when can her Up Tilt ever kill anybody, let alone Bowser? I mean, yeah, you showed Rage, but Rosa is so light, you likely won't ever realistically have Rage 3 against a Bowser of all characters.
At 0% and no rage, her Up tilt sends him halfway across the stage, which is surprising, yeah.
It's like knowing that Mario's Get-Up Attack (the one when he gets back on stage, the ones where he's on the floor I call Wake-Up Attack) kills Jigglypuff on stage with no DI and no Rage involved as early as 933%. I mean, 'tis neat and all, but I dunno how much difference it makes to know that.
I don't quite understand what point you're trying to make.

If it can potentially kill Bowser, the heaviest, at 0%, and also send him flying most of the way up the stage at 0%, then we can logically deduce that it has the potential to kill him at a percentage other than 0%. And since every other character in the game is lighter than Bowser, and is very likely to be at a percentage greater than zero most of the time, it has the potential to kill even earlier. It is a ridiculous attack that has yet to be fixed because Sakurai either completely forgot about it or lost his mind.

Mario's getup attack is not comparable to Rosalina's up tilt.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Actually, her Up Tilt works a lot like Cpt. Falcon's Raptor Boost, in this game. It has a lot of base knockback, but it doesn't kill early at all. Here are hand-tested examples, using :fdb:, no rage, no DI: (These are all done with Training Mode, and I know that Training Mode has it quirks, it might kill earlier or later in an actual match)
- :4jigglypuff:, the lightest character, weighting a mere 68, can't even be hit properly with the Up Tilt while she's on the floor, which makes it hard to measure, but I guess I'll say the earliest I could kill her was at the 130's range, I think?;
-:4mario:, weighted 98, arguably the most popular Middle Weight, (which can't even be hit with Up Tilt that consistently, too), I couldn't get a reliably kill percent, so right now, I'll say it's 135%ish;
- And finally, the heaviest character, weighted 128, :4bowser:, is killed as early as 148%.

It's just... not as powerful as you think it is, my friend. :4falcon:'s :GCR::GCB:, the Raptor Boost, does the same thing. Sends him flying quite high at 0%, doesn't kill alone up until about late 130s. Because Rage is funny with Base Knockback, that might happen, but it's not that useful. That's why I compared it to Mario's GU attack, it's very situational.

Pheva

Smash Cadet
Actually, her Up Tilt works a lot like Cpt. Falcon's Raptor Boost, in this game. It has a lot of base knockback, but it doesn't kill early at all. Here are hand-tested examples, using :fdb:, no rage, no DI: (These are all done with Training Mode, and I know that Training Mode has it quirks, it might kill earlier or later in an actual match)
- :4jigglypuff:, the lightest character, weighting a mere 68, can't even be hit properly with the Up Tilt while she's on the floor, which makes it hard to measure, but I guess I'll say the earliest I could kill her was at the 130's range, I think?;
-:4mario:, weighted 98, arguably the most popular Middle Weight, (which can't even be hit with Up Tilt that consistently, too), I couldn't get a reliably kill percent, so right now, I'll say it's 135%ish;
- And finally, the heaviest character, weighted 128, :4bowser:, is killed as early as 148%.

It's just... not as powerful as you think it is, my friend. :4falcon:'s :GCR::GCB:, the Raptor Boost, does the same thing. Sends him flying quite high at 0%, doesn't kill alone up until about late 130s. Because Rage is funny with Base Knockback, that might happen, but it's not that useful. That's why I compared it to Mario's GU attack, it's very situational.
Fair enough.

Still, she should probably be like, completely removed from the game or something. Patched out. Gone. That'd be pretty nice. Everyone would like that.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
What about all of those Rosa mains we have on this site, do they not count? ;3;
Don't get me wrong, I don't like her either, I have no idea why I'm going so far to defend her (Actually, I lie, I know damn well why I am), but some people do like her.
I'm already getting sad in advance that Lucina is probably gonna be the first character to be canned in case we ever get a new Smash Bros., and it doesn't feel nice, so let the Rosa mains have fun with their Space Waifu.
I'm having fun with my tomboy waifu while I can...

Top Bottom