• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Things That Bug you in Smash

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
They're cultists. So no.
Poor them ;3;

Well, I guess something that annoys me in Smash is the 3DS version in general. I feel like the Wii U version made it completely obsolete. Why did they even make it? It's not like you can play Smash in a car or anything, you'd probably get dizzy. I certainly do.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So I'm a cultist for liking Rosalina? That's quite harsh if you asked me.

Well, I guess something that annoys me in Smash is the 3DS version in general. I feel like the Wii U version made it completely obsolete. Why did they even make it? It's not like you can play Smash in a car or anything, you'd probably get dizzy. I certainly do.
I think it has to do with being able to transfer customizations between games. Customizations that originated from Smash 3DS can be shared with multiple Wii U systems, but a customization that originated from Smash Wii U pretty much can't be used on other Smash Wii U copies; copied customizations can't be recopied at all.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
New So I'm a cultist for liking Rosalina? That's quite harsh if you asked me.
So do I count as Lucina cultist by her definition? ;3;

Also: Sometimes I'm tempted to get the Wii U version of the game and forget the 3DS version exists, but the last time I bought a console for one game only, let's say I felt like an idiot.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Thinking about it, what would make a Rosalina fan an extremist, anyway?
Hard to say. I will say that as much as I like Rosalina in general, what I do not like is seeing people depict her in ways that just do not fit her character at all.

Basically, I like to think of Rosalina as a being a sweet, caring, and lovable person, who is very good-tempered (she never gets angry), and never insults anyone (no cursing at all). And yet, I do see drawings that go against those thoughts.

Also, there are some wardrobe choices that I see for Rosalina that I do not agree with either.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Hard to say. I will say that as much as I like Rosalina in general, what I do not like is seeing people depict her in ways that just do not fit her character at all.

Basically, I like to think of Rosalina as a being a sweet, caring, and lovable person, who is very good-tempered (she never gets angry), and never insults anyone (no cursing at all). And yet, I do see drawings that go against those thoughts.

Also, there are some wardrobe choices that I see for Rosalina that I do not agree with either.
That's a problem with every single character that has ever existed in the history of the universe, sadly. People see what they want, or see nothing at all and just make a character whoever they want, be it OOC or not.
I don't like Lucina art where she has the body of a supermodel. I get it people like more "well endowed" women, but Lucie is not for that. She's a stick. She's as curvy as a flat table. But sadly, it's not like I can stop anybody of doing that. I can't even stop people who call her "Worthless clone" or "Garbage tier" or something...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's a problem with every single character that has ever existed in the history of the universe, sadly. People see what they want, or see nothing at all and just make a character whoever they want, be it OOC or not.
I don't like Lucina art where she has the body of a supermodel. I get it people like more "well endowed" women, but Lucie is not for that. She's a stick. She's as curvy as a flat table. But sadly, it's not like I can stop anybody of doing that. I can't even stop people who call her "Worthless clone" or "Garbage tier" or something...
The funny thing is, I have nothing against Lucina. I know that she's inferior to Marth, but having a balanced sword puts less pressure on trying to aim for the sweetspot; I actually used Lucina to try to clear intensity 8.0 Classic mode for my second time.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
User was warned for this post
-SCRATCH SINGLE PLAYER MODES ALLTOGETHER: Enought of this bull**** sakurai. Spend your time improving other way more important areas instead of this adventure bull**** you always love to deliver.

NO it doesnt make the game more RICH in content. Its ***** BORING and after a while even the most ardent fan just play VS mode which is the core of the game.

Just stay with break the targets and home run mode. Scratch all the rest. Are not needed.

-Balance properly weak characters. There are a lot of them.

-Focus on gameplay (melee gameplay please) and on characters. Not adventure, no sub space crap, not smash tour gimmick....BUT GAMEPLAY , STAGES ,ITEMS AND CHARACTERS FFS sakurai!!! Stop being childish!.

-Focus on quality DLC. More characters, better implemented modes (off line tournie mode properly done please)

Moderator Edit: Do not censor dodge when making posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
People still like and play the offline modes, mate. Not everybody is into PvP only. I kind of miss Adventure and SSE.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
People still like and play the offline modes, mate. Not everybody is into PvP only. I kind of miss Adventure and SSE.
I can understand why Adventure mode was removed though, since that avoids having to make cutscenes, which often uses up a good amount of memory; the Subspace Emissary proved that quite well.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
I dream of an ultimate Smash game... "Super Smash Brothers: Ultimate"...
It has every single Stage from every game plus a slew of new ones, every single character with no one left behind, plus a whole bunch of newcomers, lots of music for each stage, 2500 trophies to collect, Classic, Adventure, All-Star, Events, SSE2, Smash Run, Smash Tour, and a new mode, lots of ways to customize Special Smash, amazing graphics, very fast paced, has quite a bunch of techs like Melee... You wouldn't need to play any other game for the rest of your life.
But of course, that'd never happen, much like a Pokemon game with all regions never will, either.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sheik has been on my mind lately, since I find it rather surprising that her air speed got a big buff after Melee and Brawl. Part of me thinks that her currently high domination has to do with that air speed buff.

If that air speed got nerfed, then perhaps Sheik might feel less dominant, but truthfully, I've never really been all that good with Smash 4 Sheik anyway.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Agreed 100% on that. I came into this game expecting the online to be as playable as it was in Brawl (i.e. no input lag due to regional restrictions) but when Sm4sh's designers decided to force international matches with random people, thereby forcing input lag upon us, I completely gave up on the online modes and did the opposite of what I did with Brawl. I play Sm4sh 99% offline, and thankfully the solo modes can be addictive enough to strive to improve one's own scores as far as possible. IMO, the online modes are only useful with friends that are not overseas, or for betting against new characters in Spectator Mode within 24 to 48 hours of their release, or for the occasional Share modes.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
They're cultists. So no.
Probably one of the fewest reasons I'm ok with Midna being an AT. Less of a chance to be called a derogatory term for being a fan.

But anyways, usually what bugs me is whenever I look at "Smash Party" mode. Sometimes I believe Samurai thinks many people playing this game have ADHD. I'm not saying no one will play it but how little are really dedicated to that mode outside of challenge board completion. Development time would've been better spent to an Adventure mode or old modes like BtP.

Also, items tend to drop weirdly, even Smash Balls like to be moody by coming in once a blue moon on high.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lately I'm finding it disturbing how the negative bonus effects are far less common to get than the positive bonus effects. I've gotten a decent amount of Critical Hitter equipment, and yet I only have a single piece of Anchor Jump equipment.

UncleBazerko

Smash Rookie
The fact that Megaman instead of Megaman X and Zero (ESPECIALLY Zero) failed to make an appearance is what bugs me the most. For those of you who are Megaman X series fans and have played Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, you probably know how I feel. Imagine if Zero fought in Smash Bros like he did in MVC3, and being able to cross blades with other sword wielding foes.

Some optimists might say that they might still make Zero a downloadable character, but judging from the end of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1JERhUoQoU

that doesn't seem likely. It would require Nintendo to continue making more new downloadable characters.

ScarletRed012

Smash Cadet
NNID
ScarletRed012
3DS FC
2079-4334-7623
What I don't like? Despite the fun of this game, I feel there are way too many things that could have been done better.
- Ability to exploit cheap victories on a character. I play Lucina and so far I'm unsure on how to exploit anything "cheap" on her, compared to people who play Yoshi for instance. He can simply sit at the edge and eat you and spit you out the back as an egg. I find myself dying by this just trying to find a way to hit him out of that (he spams his tongue allowing me no way to get by, even by the AIR I get caught in it)
- Ridiculous internet lag - Not just internet lag but input lag on For Glory. Really can't stand this, and when I verse another player it feels like they get all their inputs in perfectly fine while I'm here staring at the same screen for 3 minutes. That really ticks me off.
- And I just feel the balancing is a bit off on some characters. I feel in a fighting game every character should have some way to counter another character given any scenario... and maybe that's possible. But when I play my characters against a zoning link I don't feel it's possible.

I'm probably a bad player through all of this which I don't deny but... still kind of annoys me. Nonetheless the game itself is really fun!

Raven the Obsidian

Smash Cadet
NNID
RavenTheObsidian
3DS FC
3866-8144-2758
For Glory and the input lag and foul attitude of its players.

The lackluster single-player content. (Whose idea was Smash Tour, anyway? Would've preferred Smash Run Wii U to be honest)

No stage hazard toggle.

That's all, though, really. It's a stellar game otherwise!

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
It's not like Rosalina is still the terror she was back when the game was released. Sure, she's still damn effective, pretty annoying to fight against, and some characters still have (pretty much) impossible matchups against her, but she's not all-conquering.
And when the hell can her Up Tilt kill in 0%. I mean, yeah it can, but so can Mario's 1st jab if you hit it at the edge of the stage, and the enemy doesn't do anything at all.
She also seems to have some really difficult match ups against others... but I am not an expert at this.

They're cultists. So no.
Rosaluma added a very new way to play this game that was not present before... Did a lot more than the additions of Lucina, Bowser Jr. Villager, or anyone else IMO. (opinions may tarry, and I am not trying to knock on those characters.)

_gold_

Smash Master
I hate how difficult it is to get the Smash ball in this game. It's like a magnet with common poles.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
They're cultists. So no.
And a warm "**** you" to you, too.

It really annoys me to no end how you get bumped back .5 intensities for losing your stocks in Classic Mode.
Sheik has been on my mind lately, since I find it rather surprising that her air speed got a big buff after Melee and Brawl. Part of me thinks that her currently high domination has to do with that air speed buff.

If that air speed got nerfed, then perhaps Sheik might feel less dominant, but truthfully, I've never really been all that good with Smash 4 Sheik anyway.
I don't think it's her air speed that's the problem, she's a ninja, she's supposed to be fast. It's the speed of her attacks that make her overwhelming. She has a very small window to be punished and she can punish you with no problem.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't think it's her air speed that's the problem, she's a ninja, she's supposed to be fast. It's the speed of her attacks that make her overwhelming. She has a very small window to be punished and she can punish you with no problem.
I can pretty much say that Sheik is the biggest target for a nerf then. Ironically, I've never been all that good with Sheik, simply because most of her attacks lack KO potential, and the attacks that can make KOs are on the situational side at best. I actually have an easier time using Roy than with Sheik.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I can pretty much say that Sheik is the biggest target for a nerf then. Ironically, I've never been all that good with Sheik, simply because most of her attacks lack KO potential, and the attacks that can make KOs are on the situational side at best. I actually have an easier time using Roy than with Sheik.
Roy doesn't have a hard time KOing. One good air dodge read or Blazer, down smash at the edge, or up tilt out of shield and it's done. I think a better comparison is Jigglypuff, who's what Sheik is supposed to be on paper : She has the power, but with few ways to use it. Instead, Sheik will be so busy not getting hit that her supposed "weaknesses" is moot.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
The fact that the Smash Ball is a pain in the *** to break in this game compared to Brawl, and I don't mean damage wise, it's the fact that the Smash Ball keeps going to places that make it very hard for fighters who don't have good air movements to get, and sometimes as soon you get it, a person hits you and knocks it out of you in one hit, causing the tedious process of get the Smash Ball all over again.

Another annoying thing is how fast you drop items like the Dragoon and DayBreak. I don't know if the item drop rate is based on damage, or who's winning or losing. And when you drop them, they almost always go off the stage, so you have to struggle immensely to keep the pieces you have, which usually fails, and sometimes I think, "Why even bother putting an item like this in the game?"

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Charizard's air speed

I love Charizard so much, and although I do enjoy his playstyle, he REALLY doesn't feel like how Charizard should play...

HE'S A FLYING TYPE FOR **** SAKE HE SHOULD BE GOOD IN THE AIR!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Charizard's air speed

I love Charizard so much, and although I do enjoy his playstyle, he REALLY doesn't feel like how Charizard should play...

HE'S A FLYING TYPE FOR **** SAKE HE SHOULD BE GOOD IN THE AIR!
To add to this, make Charizard's recovery a bit better. It stinks knowing that Charizard's air speed takes a huge plummet while it's helpless, and it's an extra nail in the coffin for the fact that its third jump doesn't offer much, if any horizontal movement; you're often required to use either Flare Blitz or Dragon Rush to help Charizard's recovery, but the former hurts Charizard during the process.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I hate how difficult it is to get the Smash ball in this game. It's like a magnet with common poles.

It seems like it... though I have "that friend" who has a gravitational field that has it float straight toward him as soon as a couple hits are landed by the rest of us...

MordhauDerk

Smash Cadet
I hate infinite air-dodging, ledge-snapping and the fact that Little Mac has a terrible grab-range.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Shiek... needs at least one nerf. Even when free for all games, and items games are factored in... neither of which does she excel at nearly as much as competitive rules (in my opinion, but with my limited knowledge of the game my opinion doesn't count for much). Problem is it is very hard to nef her without breaking what makes her the character she is... she is supposed to be someone with great combos, and off stage potential... thing is it is clear, or at least strongly belived, that it is to powerful in the hands of an expert (vs other characters in experts hands) even though she is a very hard one to use.

I never want to see a top tier character nerfed to irrelevancy... but does she even have a bad match up? Her lack of KO power is her only weakness... which is more than covered. Something needs to be done to bring her back to earth...

With that said, the fact it hasn't happened yet makes me pretty sure it will never happen. Ever sense Diddy's much needed Nerf this has been the case...and I don't think she has been touched.

All this said... I am not more than an average player and much of the time don't even think that... and I have not studied the game nearly as much as many here... so I could be way off.

Rubiss

Smash Cadet
I hate infinite air-dodging, ledge-snapping and the fact that Little Mac has a terrible grab-range.
Little Mac should have a bad grab-range. He is amazing on the ground. His frame data is excellent, he can rack up damage quickly, has super armor on a lot of moves and has the KO punch which kills pretty much the entire cast at like 30-40%. He doesn't need to be able to grab extremely well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know that I've already brought up the air speed topic, but earlier today, I did design a table in regards to how I feel that the air speed values should've been like...

Ranking | Character(s) | Air Speed Value
1 | :4yoshi: | 1.28
2 | :4jigglypuff: | 1.269
3-4 | :rosalina::4mewtwo: | 1.25
5 | :4feroy: | 1.24
6 | :4wario: | 1.21
7-8 | :4zss::4miibrawl: | 1.2
9 | :4peach: | 1.19
10-11 | :4greninja::4falcon: | 1.18
12-15 | :4mario::4dk::4gaw::4sonic: | 1.15
16 | :4ryu: | 1.12
17-20 | :4duckhunt::4lucario::4megaman::4cloud: | 1.1
21 | :4charizard: | 1.09
22-26 | :4bowserjr::4zelda::4myfriends::4kirby::4rob: | 1.08
27 | :4shulk: | 1.06
28-31 | :4marth::4lucina::4lucas::4miigun: | 1.05
32 | :4pacman: | 1.04
33 | :4tlink: | 1.02
34-36 | :4bowser::4littlemac::4robinm: | 1
37 | :4samus: | 0.987
38 | :4wiifit: | 0.97
39 | :4miisword: | 0.96
40 | :4ness: | 0.9588
41-42 | :4link::4palutena: | 0.95
43 | :4drmario: | 0.943
44 | :4villager: | 0.94
45 | :4pikachu: | 0.9118
46-47 | :4pit::4darkpit: | 0.9
48 | :4falco: | 0.893
49 | :4fox: | 0.89
50 | :4diddy: | 0.88
51 | :4sheik: | 0.85
52 | :4olimar: | 0.82
53 | :4metaknight: | 0.8
54 | :4ganondorf: | 0.79
55 | :4luigi: | 0.75
56 | :4dedede: | 0.658

MordhauDerk

Smash Cadet
Little Mac should have a bad grab-range. He is amazing on the ground. His frame data is excellent, he can rack up damage quickly, has super armor on a lot of moves and has the KO punch which kills pretty much the entire cast at like 30-40%. He doesn't need to be able to grab extremely well.
I know Mac has good qualities, I've been playing him for god knows how long which is why I think that Mac having a better grab would make him much better and it makes sense, since grabbing a big part of ground fighting... Also, you make him sound so broken lol.
I'm not talking like Falcon level, but he has less standing grab range than Mario...Plus Mac has trouble getting around shields because of this.
Mac is kinda awful, I think being able to grab would help him a lot without making him crazy good. It's not like he has many grab follow-ups anyway.
But that just my thought on the subject.

... Also Mac needs a better recovery before he would be anywhere near super good.

Rubiss

Smash Cadet
I know Mac has good qualities, I've been playing him for god knows how long which is why I think that Mac having a better grab would make him much better and it makes sense, since grabbing a big part of ground fighting... Also, you make him sound so broken lol.
I'm not talking like Falcon level, but he has less standing grab range than Mario...Plus Mac has trouble getting around shields because of this.
Mac is kinda awful, I think being able to grab would help him a lot without making him crazy good. It's not like he has many grab follow-ups anyway.
But that just my thought on the subject.

... Also Mac needs a better recovery before he would be anywhere near super good.
Little Mac has a lot of moves that are safe on shield. He excels greatly at pressuring shields too. Personally, I think Little Mac is very underrated. When you face a good Little Mac, he is very hard to deal with. I think a lot of people are forgetting that Little Mac can use counter as part of his recovery when people try and edge-guard him. He has a lot of strengths. Sure his aerials are terrible and his recovery isn't all that great either. Honestly, shielding against Little Mac is very important when facing him. You need to be able to punish him reliably. If we had to be scared of him grabbing us too, then what would we do? We'd have to play ultra-defensively.

This may just be my own bias as a Greninja player. Greninja's frame data isn't the best and honestly, Little Mac's pressure game is very strong. It's bad enough he literally has confirms into KO punch. Beyond Cloud and arguably Lucario, there isn't another character who gets a powerful tool by being hit. I may have made him sound broken, but that is literally all of his strengths. He's fast, strong, has good frame data and super armor on a lot of his moves. His KO punch kills the entire cast at like 40% damage (which he can mostly confirm into after a chain of dtilts.)

Top Bottom