• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I have made a few changes to the rules since posting them orginally in the sign up thread, changes are in bold.
01. Be kind to each other.
02. Do not edit your posts. Feel free to double post for corrections if necessary.
03. Vote in bold; you do not have to unvote to vote a new person. Please try to place your vote at the top or bottom of the post to help prevent mod errors.
04. Days will last for roughly 96 hours, Nights will last for 48 hours. Day will end early if a majority vote is reached. If no majority has been reached by the end of day, the player with the most votes cast against them will be eliminated. In the event of a tie, the player that gets to that number of votes first is eliminated. There is no twilight phase.
05. You are allowed to vote for No Elimination.
06. Don't talk about the game outside of the thread unless your role says you can.
07. It is preferred you ask questions to the mod in your role PM.
08. No hidden code and text and such. You can breadcrumb.
09. You can not post screenshots containing any private data, or reference any private data such as the time a PM was sent, etc. You can not directly quote any PMs from the mod or reference any pictures. Screenshots of personal notes are OK to post, as long as they contain no mod data.
10. No posting in the thread when you are dead, or during the night phase.
11. Prods will be issued for not posting for 36 hours. Multiple prods may result in a replacement.
12. Failure to submit a night action will result in no action being taken.
13. Rules are subject to change, and if the rules are changed post game I will make an announcement doing so.
Player List:
1. Fontisian (Replacement for Gorf)
2. Kary
3. LaserGuy
4. Chaco
5. HeuryAlone Replacement for Dark Horse
6. Frozen Flame
7. Pythag
8. BoomFrog
9. Sabrar
10. Synchronicity (Xivii and Bessie Hydra)
11. Somitomi
12. Malakandra
13. Wam

Replacement List:
2. Osie
Hello giraffelasergun and welcome to the mafia game! You are Hector from Fire Emblem 7, Vanilla townie.

Abilities: None
Win condition: All threats to town are eliminated and at least one member of town is still alive.

Last edited:

Chaco

Never Logs In
Vote: Wam

Hey. What’s your mafia experience? I know you’re from xkcd(?), so I know you have some, but just wondering at what depth.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Darmok and Jalad… at Tanagra.

Vote: Malakandra

Had to look up this reference.

The Big Bang: BoomFrog in Wheel of Time 3
When the Stars Form: Hari and bessie in Werewolf on Wall Street
I think I've played too much mafia because this reply didn't strike me as surprising in the slightest. Hopefully you'll sort yourself better than BoomFrog in WoT3 though... I doubt we'll have such an abundance of investigative powers to use two on you.

Wam

Smash Ace
Vote: Wam

Hey. What’s your mafia experience? I know you’re from xkcd(?), so I know you have some, but just wondering at what depth.
I played a lot 2011 to 2014 had a few years off played 2017 until the forums went down. I havent played since they went down which I think was about a year ago.

vote boomfrog

For using the word yeet.

Wam

Smash Ace
Meta question are 4 votes at RVS normal on here?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Sabrar Sabrar : Is Wam typically scum? Strong scum player?

Wam Wam : Typically, no. But we just had a discussion post Kary’s game about increasing wagons, and this would be the first game ran since then.

Continuing on to your background, do you prefer playing as town or scum and why?

Wam

Smash Ace
?

Wam Wam : Typically, no. But we just had a discussion post Kary’s game about increasing wagons, and this would be the first game ran since then.

Continuing on to your background, do you prefer playing as town or scum and why?
Ah that makes sense. I prefer scum or Serial killer. Not sure why but I seem to get into the game more. Occasionally struggle to get going day1/2 as town.
10-3, 7 is a way better number than 5.

vote: dork horse

Wam Wam if you had to choose right now who’s vote on malakandra is the scummiest and why?
Boomfrog. I think the suggestion of a lynch even in jest is weird. "https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many_a_true_word_is_spoken_in_jest"

Chaco

Never Logs In
I feel as though this is the Zen half. Can I get an answer that isn't a reference to another game it's impossible for me to compare against?
Do you think they’re gonna be clear cut to read or difficult as a hydra?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Meta question are 4 votes at RVS normal on here?
If you play with ryker than it’s actually on the low side.

when we don’t have the aggressive players playing, I would say It’s abnormal, but I think there has been a noted push to try to pull people into a more aggressive meta

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Do you think they’re gonna be clear cut to read or difficult as a hydra?
In my experience neither of them are particularly easy to read individually and I can't imagine it's going to be better as a hydra. I'm not worried about it yet but I want to keep an eye on it.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 1.1

Wam (1): Chaco
Malakandra (4): Laserguy, Synchronicity, FrozenFlame, Boomfrog,
BoomFrog (4); Sabrar, Wam, Kary, Pythag
Dark Horse (1): Gorf

Not Voting (3): Dark Horse, Somitomi, Malakandra,

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to reach majority.
Day Ends at 5 PM CST on Friday the 11th! Live Countdown to EOD1

Chaco

Never Logs In
Vote: BoomFrog
Equality.

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Mirrored sentiments, although I have no experience with Bessie but I feel my recent confidence to read Xivii has gone out the window now. I feel this slot will be hard to sort.

#HBC | Dark Horse #HBC | Dark Horse Has your name always been dark horse in DGames? And how do you feel about the separation is scumminess due to a Xivii gambit? Do you have a good grasp at figuring out what they’re doing?

Pythag Pythag I can’t remember if we have or not, I know I’ve seen you around a lot years back, but didn’t know if we actually had any experience or if I had maybe replaced into a game with you. Spidermanfia??

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag what made you pick boomfrog over malak
I just don’t have the HBC mindset in me

Pythag Pythag I can’t remember if we have or not, I know I’ve seen you around a lot years back, but didn’t know if we actually had any experience or if I had maybe replaced into a game with you. Spidermanfia??
Maybe? I can’t even remember if I played that or not.

were you the one who said “conciseness is pro town” ?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Pythag what makes the boomfrog push less HBC than malak? Your vote tied the wagons.

#HBC | Dark Horse #HBC | Dark Horse Has your name always been dark horse in DGames? And how do you feel about the separation is scumminess due to a Xivii gambit? Do you have a good grasp at figuring out what they’re doing?
Always has been

I feel like the fact that the gambit would be less scummy if it came from zen says more about zen than it does about me, I feel like the idea of zen lying for a gambit isn't exactly a radical concept in dgames history.

Honestly at times I feel like I can't understand exactly how zen operates. Especially from the games that I've been spectating recently there was definitely a couple of times where zen and I would interpret posts in radically different ways. But for now it's hard to say any of that when his slot has only made one post and he's in a hydra this time.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Sabrar Sabrar Thats like the best meta grasp you could’ve said lol.

#HBC | Dark Horse #HBC | Dark Horse Okay I thought so, but I was making sure. And about Xivii/Zen, just trying to figure out how you approach their slot. The gambit comment caught my attention cause I would’ve answered similarly.

Pythag Pythag Yes. Concision is pro town.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Mirrored sentiments, although I have no experience with Bessie but I feel my recent confidence to read Xivii has gone out the window now. I feel this slot will be hard to sort.
Agreed, I felt like I had good views on Xivii from both sides after midnight ops, but now I'm going to have to throw all that out the window.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
#HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf : 10-3 or 9-4? Why?

#HBC | Dark Horse #HBC | Dark Horse : Synchronicity Synchronicity claims a scum result on you D2. What's the most likely explanation?
is top question legitimately a question re: # town and slum slots in the setup?

only reason I don't think the second question is suss is because it involves a half xivii slot making a claim lmao

Pythag what made you pick boomfrog over malak
the fact that DH asks this followup question and not Kary made me do a double take. when literally thought it was DH who told pythag to pick a wagon and then followed up with the why. interesting confluence in interest between these two slots on pythag's rationale, if one of these slots flips scum this is an interesting connection to look at

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Vote: Synchronicity
Science has just gone too far and that is a dangerous combination.
Read some random posts and I already feel like I accidentally turned over two pages at once, but we're on page one. This is gonna be fun.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
the fact that DH asks this followup question and not Kary made me do a double take. when literally thought it was DH who told pythag to pick a wagon and then followed up with the why. interesting confluence in interest between these two slots on pythag's rationale, if one of these slots flips scum this is an interesting connection to look at
Why specifically flip scum here? What makes you think that them having aligning rationale makes mores sense as being scum partners rather than town buds?

Top Bottom