• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
The Big Bang: BoomFrog in Wheel of Time 3
When the Stars Form: Hari and bessie in Werewolf on Wall Street
Could you be less cryptic for the benefit of people who don't have access to Bessie's Complete Mafia Archives?
That's 4 out of 7. Can we yeet him before he posts?
Oh yeah, eliminating someone with zero interactions worked so well for town the last time. Definitely do that again.
Chaco Chaco : how did you know immediately that wam was scum?
How did you know immediately that BoomFrog was scum?

Chaco

Never Logs In
why the focus on equality optics for RVS wagons?

Unvote: Malakandra
Vote: Chaco
Cause it’s more pertinent for me to sort Boom quicker. I have a good grasp of BoomFrog, sans ambiguous play at end of Kary’s game, and feel that’s a quick route to a town clear for me/or scum catch from higher pressure entrance. Mala will be easier to read under pressure basically, two wagons diverge and gotta pick one.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Okay, guess I'm The Watson now: what does "HBC" mean in this context?
Hard Body Crew. Like the tag at the start of frozen flame, Dark Horse and Kary's names. Famed for suddenly yeeting people out of no where. As was discussed D2 last game regarding the sudden yeet of Mercuri.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Gorf who do you think is the scummier of the two^
if you’re asking me to judge between the person who hasn’t posted yet (malakandra) and the person who has only posted an rvs vote on him (boom frog), I guess I’d have to go with boom frog.

What are you even looking to gain from asking me this?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
if you’re asking me to judge between the person who hasn’t posted yet (malakandra) and the person who has only posted an rvs vote on him (boom frog), I guess I’d have to go with boom frog.

It felt like you laid down an rvs vote at a time where people were starting to move past rvs. What are your thoughts on things since then?

the fact that DH asks this followup question and not Kary made me do a double take. when literally thought it was DH who told pythag to pick a wagon and then followed up with the why. interesting confluence in interest between these two slots on pythag's rationale, if one of these slots flips scum this is an interesting connection to look at
I mean the guy was told to vote of the top two wagons and just goes "sure" with a naked vote. I don't think it's crazy to want to hear more about what made him choose between the two. Before pythag voted he and gorf were two slots who were present in the thread but weren't focusing on either of the top wagons so I wanted to hear more about how they felt about these wagons. I gave chaco a pass because I thought he was asking gamesolve-y questions.

See #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame , already telling of Mala who’s a new player and feels absolutely zero pressure. Town indicative of them.
I want to see some more content first before coming to this conclusion.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Cause it’s more pertinent for me to sort Boom quicker. I have a good grasp of BoomFrog, sans ambiguous play at end of Kary’s game, and feel that’s a quick route to a town clear for me/or scum catch from higher pressure entrance. Mala will be easier to read under pressure basically, two wagons diverge and gotta pick one.
I'm not sure I follow this. How does the lady statement follow from the previous ones?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why specifically flip scum here? What makes you think that them having aligning rationale makes mores sense as being scum partners rather than town buds?
they've had little to no interaction in thread yet, which is unsurprising considering the game has been open for under 24 hours. as far as I can see they have not meaningfully interacted at all such that they'd have any reason to be buddying each other at this point. this is not a slam dunk by any means but I found it to be a very surprising page 1 connection that I wanted people to take note of. Kary pushes pythag to make a move, DH comes in immediately after with the natural followup question which could readily be explained by scum chat coordination to poke at pythag early. not at all saying thats what happened, obviously it could be two townies looking to pressure the same slot and DH just was able to intuit what the point of forcing pythag to choose is was but it just pinged as too much to be purely coincidental

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
missed opportunity for the facial profile with YES as bottom text meme here

what do you think of gorf's deliberate non-answer interpreting the question as which produces his preferred arithmetic result?

I have to say these wagons are bit crazy.
Why?

ok so if you wanted to pressure Boom early to read him better why label your vote as an "equality" vote? how are the wagons being even in votes relevant to your stated goal here?

See #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame , already telling of Mala who’s a new player and feels absolutely zero pressure. Town indicative of them.
I want to see some more content first before coming to this conclusion.
agreed with DH here, this town read seems premature. Mala was pretty cool under pressure in midnight ops correct? pretty sure any competent scum would have the wherewithal to not be rattled by an early RVS wagon 24 hours in to the game

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mala's entrance is super chill. I feel like scum Mala more likely to overreact a bit.

Unvote
we were all scum together in midnight ops though you obviously got to play alongside mala WAYYYY longer than I did. My impression of mala was always that of a more chill/laid back style, is your opinion here at all based on what you saw from mala as a mate in midnight ops or is this a deeper meta read?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer

bro this comes off insanely defensive and like a "wahhhhhh stop talking to me" type response

#HBC | Gorf

but it clearly isn’t since I answered you sarcastically and you didn’t follow up?

It felt like you laid down an rvs vote at a time where people were starting to move past rvs. What are your thoughts on things since then?
Really? People were starting to move past rvs ~half a page into the game? Idk if this is another one of your personal definitions for mafia concepts but it was still blatantly RVS when I voted for you. And that doesn’t explain why you were interested in pigeonholing me into a stance between a guy who hadn’t posted at all, and a guy who made one joke post.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
I've just gone ahead and come to terms that every game will have some weird starting thing. Its pretty fun if you just embrace it.
Yeah, but being
Hard Body Crew. Like the tag at the start of frozen flame, Dark Horse and Kary's names. Famed for suddenly yeeting people out of no where. As was discussed D2 last game regarding the sudden yeet of Mercuri.
Ah, thanks. I made the username connection but I'm absolutely unfamiliar with the community so I had no idea what behavior would embody it.
Well, I've never seen two random vote wagons speed off head to head on page one like it's the DAF Turbo Twin vs. Vatanen's Peugeot 405 T16

Malakandra

Smash Lord
See what I was saying there too? He doesn’t feel natural at all, and doesn’t even react to 2/4 votes on him. He’s definitely scum, there’s no questioning it at this point.

Hit that plus ultra post and let’s yeet.
What makes this different than that in your mind?

Wam

Smash Ace
Unvote
Vote: HBC | Kary

wam is always scummy (at least in my eyes). Hard to know if he's strong as scum because he keeps getting lynched early as either alignment. :laugh:
Stellaris?

Chaco

Never Logs In
What makes this different than that in your mind?
Gamestate and advancement. The fact you acknowledged it here is telling to me, where as in midnight you literally didn’t react to it out of pushing elsewhere. There’s a clear difference. I don’t think that much coaching would’ve rubbed off on you from one game with Laser tbh. I would think overall and not really reactivity. Your entrance to the wagon seemed genuine and answered appropriately, therefore my town read of it.

Since when is that your philosophy?

Oh, you poor summer child.
Oh cmon now Boom. And literally since 2010-2012 area. I’ve been more active and wordy since I started playing again, but will tone it down as it’s not as fresh to me any longer.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame Its not. Simply marking that it was a tied vote now. But in spirit of being on one wagon, I chose Boom for the above reasons. You’re looking to much at the part that I named when it served no purpose other than a marker that the votes were once again equal.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Really? People were starting to move past rvs ~half a page into the game? Idk if this is another one of your personal definitions for mafia concepts but it was still blatantly RVS when I voted for you. And that doesn’t explain why you were interested in pigeonholing me into a stance between a guy who hadn’t posted at all, and a guy who made one joke post.
I wouldn't really consider the malak wagon to be true rvs because it felt like people were trying to make it into a pressure wagon. At the very least your vote on me seemed like a zero content vote at a time where people were trying to create content. My question was nothing super groundbreaking so I'm surprised by your response.

While you're at it.

What are your thoughts on things since then?

Wam

Smash Ace
Chaco have you seen malek react badly to pressure as scum? And no one has a good boomfrog read.

I agree with FF gorf looks defensive.
unvote

vote gorf

Chaco

Never Logs In
Let me live in my illusion that I do. Lol. You’re gonna make me second guess them a lot now. But I believe that is all the more telling of why it’s more pertinent to sort Boom first.

Yes. Mala completely avoided it. His reactions and additions to game state did not at all seem genuine. It was mirrored reads of things and additives that lacked any inflection.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wouldn't really consider the malak wagon to be true rvs because it felt like people were trying to make it into a pressure wagon. At the very least your vote on me seemed like a zero content vote at a time where people were trying to create content. My question was nothing super groundbreaking so I'm surprised by your response.
im actually surprised you’re taking this stance.
I viewed it similarly to gorf and wasn’t about to try to “yeet” someone who hadn’t posted, so boom was the choice.
Regardless, A tied wagon is much more interesting from my perspective.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I viewed it similarly to gorf and wasn’t about to try to “yeet” someone who hadn’t posted, so boom was the choice.
Why are you surprised DH is taking that stance? Is it about them specifically or the viewpoint overall

Sabrar

Smash Ace
what do you think of gorf's deliberate non-answer interpreting the question as which produces his preferred arithmetic result?
I would have preferred to follow up on that without your intervention, thank you very much.

but it clearly isn’t since I answered you sarcastically and you didn’t follow up?
After FF wanted clarification to something which was clearly a serious question I wanted to see if you would actually give a serious answer in case it was really a misunderstanding. Why haven't you done so when you have now acknowledged it?

Stellaris?
Ok, I'll give you that one.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Fair explanation

When I had posted my question the only people who had posted and hadn't voted either of the two were gorf and chaco. Chaco was asking some questions which made me think that he might just be playing it slow but gorf only had one post so I was curious what his thoughts on the situation were.

Chaco

Never Logs In
LaserGuy LaserGuy Fairly sure I answer your question in the above as well, but forgot to quote your part.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why are you surprised DH is taking that stance? Is it about them specifically or the viewpoint overall
The viewpoint overall. I don’t know dark horse well enough to be comparing his meta, so apologies i wasn’t trying to go there

#HBC | Gorf

#HBC | Dark Horse #HBC | Dark Horse I don’t think anybody thought of the malakandra wagon as a pressure wagon.

my vote on you was nothing but was my question following it nothing too?

I think you’re either dumb or scum, trying to reach in whatever sort of depths that you can to get people to make stances and get the ball rolling, or to look like you’re making content now to try and nab a good first impression, which is why when you asked me that I was like yo why are you trying to make me take a stance on effectively nothing? And even now I don’t get your intent

Malakandra

Smash Lord
The viewpoint overall. I don’t know dark horse well enough to be comparing his meta, so apologies i wasn’t trying to go there
It's all good, I keep on losing track of who has played a lot with who so I was just seeing if you knew anything juicy lol

#HBC | Gorf

After FF wanted clarification to something which was clearly a serious question I wanted to see if you would actually give a serious answer in case it was really a misunderstanding. Why haven't you done so when you have now acknowledged it?
because I honestly don’t think that anybody with any sort of mafia acumen would wonder about whether 10 vs 3 or 9 vs 4 is better balance wise. If you want to show me a balanced 9 vs 4 setup by all means I’d love to see it. I can’t imagine that not being ridiculously scum favored

Top Bottom