• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

fontisian

Smash Champion
@Kary, it’s a toss up I think between wam, or DH, but probably wam.I don’t know if I want to yeet boomfrog today.

I don’t like wams claim, I don’t like that he was against the claim, and then the theater of pretending to “fake a claim”

I’ve had a change of heart from the beginning of the dat. I thought that Fonti was gonna keep hitting us with AtE, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

current thoughts :

Town :
FF
Fonti
LaserGuy
Mala

Wildcard : Kary

scum energy :
Boomfog
BabyHuey
Wam
Wait, why did you think I was going to keep ateing? I feel like I said I wasn't going to do any emotional stuff.

Wam

Smash Ace
So the below was written in a set of 10+ 5 minute slots so apologies if I have missed anything or it doesn't make sense.

I'm not clearing boom. I'm just not willing to yeet him at this stage in the game when I think a Wam flip would inform my decision a lot and I also trust boom for different reasons. I'm willing to reval later. I'll stop mentioning this in the thread because it just wastes time.
So I wanted malak next as I read the above as a soft claim result on boom. I didnt say anything st the time as i didnt want to put a target on mala. I also read reval as reveal but now i look again it could be re eval.

The claimed role is an interesting spin on bodyguard.

Malakandra Malakandra what happens if your targeted by the kill?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame

1) I don't like mass claims as it feels to me like exploiting the setup not playing the game. And tbh the mod should make it not work. I have put some fun anti mass claim mechanics into games before.

2 ans 3 I think are done unless you want more?

4) why no claim. Because as has been discussed before getting a solid town score is the way forward. I thought end of day 1 it would be viewed as scum trying to avoid the lynch and not believed. My plan was to get the chat going then claim. Which went well....

But you also said you thought that the Chaco kill meant that I was scum. This doesn't make sense?
I thought you were scum eod 2. The chaco kill reinforced it in

Wam Wam what's your read on Pythag?
Pythag is on my list to re read. I said somewhere on day 2 that I had a town impression but couldnt put my finger on anything they had done that was driving that. Which fits in with my theory about scum sitting back and laughing.

am I the only one who thinks its weird that mala was losing his mind over being the deciding vote at EoD1 but was like a fly on **** ready to hammer EoD2 literally begging people not to steal it from him?
No I agree and its why I think scum font makes scum mala much more likely.

The synergy is that with odd players, we could have theoretically used my role to remove a scum's vote on a Day after Mala died and then Mala could vote to help get a hammer in the first 48 hours.
How would you get scum to use the word? Given you would have done it pre malak announcement?

Fonts role is a very odd one for town. I can see it being a scum power...

fontisian fontisian is it only 1 players vote or everyone who uses the word?

I think finally that's me up to date on response.

Just fyi may not be around much tomorrow. Oh and I'm happy to test fonts power if someone can tell me what the word is without using it.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh my bad, I meant staring into the abyss
Wait, why did you think I was going to keep ateing? I feel like I said I wasn't going to do any emotional stuff.
Your response to being mad at Synch at the start of the day, and being frustrated. I entered the day pretty sure you were scum, and so I didn’t buy your early responses, that faded significantly though, as you started working through things. Had you continued to be woe is me or like “man I’m just still really thrown” that would’ve been confirmation to me at least of your scumminess

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
btw im sorry my activity fell off a cliff. i started to feel overwhelmed by the game, its too many pages and the deadlines are short, so I stopped caring about or thinking about it. I feel like people are looking to me to lead waggons and give answers, but all I have is "its probably boom + fonti" and a feeling that I could probably prove it if I had a lot more time and less commitments.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
btw im sorry my activity fell off a cliff. i started to feel overwhelmed by the game, its too many pages and the deadlines are short, so I stopped caring about or thinking about it. I feel like people are looking to me to lead waggons and give answers, but all I have is "its probably boom + fonti" and a feeling that I could probably prove it if I had a lot more time and less commitments.
Why does the fact that you were so wrong on Sync not shake up your reads?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Also, #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Who should claim next? Unclaimed left are Pythag, HeuyHorse, and FrozenFlame. We should probably skip HeuyHorse since they seem to be completely absent.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
BOTH laser and fonti simmering down on each other in light of the Chaco kill feels like a red flag.
Wam's claim is peak Wam... feels like intentional levels of 'too scummy to be scum.' also feels a bit like "I can prove it if you let me live!"
frozen saying " I need to do a wholesale reassessment" is very "so dar we have accomplished very little"- kinda flat, meaningless
but their attitude to the claim is chef kiss
frozen paranoia on every town read feels excessive
if pythag is scum he's chiming in a LOT more than in Flavorless

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Also, #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Who should claim next? Unclaimed left are Pythag, HeuyHorse, and FrozenFlame. We should probably skip HeuyHorse since they seem to be completely absent.
Pythag, then.

Why does the fact that you were so wrong on Sync not shake up your reads?
I literally already explained this, I feel worse on Wam and Pythag. I still think you and fonti are below them.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Everyone needs to chime in on this
the second half explains the first. also:
If you somehow flip town I definitely go for Boom Fonti area.
You should talk about why you asked this after Wam answers.
I was trying to evaluate if Wam + Pythag could be the team (Pythag's D1 vote suggests not), but I realized Wam hasn't had a read on Pythag all game. D1 it was 'same as Dark Horse' (which was bizarre) D2 it was 'town but i don't remember why'

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
most of frozen's 'does this ping anyone else' stuff I don't really vibe with and its pinging me because I felt he did the same thing in completely vanilla.
mala claim very sweary but i kinda buy the pent up frustration. also pretty ballsy claim if mafia. glg has used this role before (whose line) for the record.
mass claim feels bad for us by the way, just pissing away any potential we might have, but I cba to fight it.
fonti having fun 'pretending' to be a wolf is ringing all the alarm bells

Pythag Pythag do you find ATE to always be scummy? What makes fonti a town read for you?

fontisian

Smash Champion
fontisian fontisian Sorry if you are busy with RL, but I need this before I can move on.

Pythag Pythag Claim
Yeah, alright.

It only in effect on Day 2 and 3, presumably so we can't use the synergy to get around lylo. And that's why I used the past tense when talking about Mala's ability.

I'd give it to a scumread by finding a word only they use (was considering schtick Night 1 for DH, assuming he was going to continue pushing me and Frozen). Ultimately decided against doing that, feel like it's better to have scumreads voting and on the record.

Only the first person to say the word loses their vote for that Day.

Uh, other limitations were just about the type of word: no player names, can't be an article, conjunction or preposition. Techinically "vote" is valid and I thought about ****ing around with that, but decided against it.

To be clear, I don't think this role should be clearing, it has very little actual utility, and I suspect the mod was thinking more about how it might work than how a player could actually use it. (No offense intended to the mod, setup stuff us hard, and this is definitely interesting, lol.)

fontisian

Smash Champion
Or maybe I'm lying, and scum should be scared to say "vote" first tomorrow. Guess we'll find out.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I’m a bread maker. Each night I can send a loaf of bread to someone, they’ll get a loaf of bread but not know who it’s from.

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary ever since the soup incident, and the z25 incident, I’ve soured tremendously on its usage. Before it was more a preference of “I don’t think I will use it.” To now I’m more of the opinion “this doesn’t belong at all.”

fontisian

Smash Champion
Damn. I was hoping it worked in LYLO because that would be OP for scum and clear you.
Ohhhh, right, yeah. I was just thinking how my ability doesn't really matter in lylo with 3 scum, even with Mala, because they just kill Mala, and then me, and the abilities only save us the once, but yeah, it does have a lot more scum utility.

fontisian

Smash Champion
most of frozen's 'does this ping anyone else' stuff I don't really vibe with and its pinging me because I felt he did the same thing in completely vanilla.
mala claim very sweary but i kinda buy the pent up frustration. also pretty ballsy claim if mafia. glg has used this role before (whose line) for the record.
mass claim feels bad for us by the way, just pissing away any potential we might have, but I cba to fight it.
fonti having fun 'pretending' to be a wolf is ringing all the alarm bells

Pythag Pythag do you find ATE to always be scummy? What makes fonti a town read for you?
I'm pretending to be a wolf?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 3.3

Fontisian (1): Wam
HeuryAlone (1): FrozenFlame
Wam (1) Malakandra
Not Voting (6): fontisian, #HBC | Kary, LaserGuy, HeuryAlone, Pythag, BoomFrog,

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate. Day 3 Deadline is 5 PM CST on Thursday the 24th.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
I thought you, Synch and Laser were all scum using the fact that I wasn't going to be around at eod to swing the yeet onto me in a last ditch effort to save Syn with the Wam yeet going nowhere. Then I had to go, after basically only reading the first part , and while driving I realized Syn must have been writing the case way before I said I wouldn't be there, though i self-justified as the part against me being written last, and then by the time I could check in again the Day was over.
For the record, if we were scum here, we wouldn't intentionally take advantage of the fact that you weren't around to make a play on you.

Everyone needs to chime in on this
I don't put a lot of weight on people correctly identifying TvT, TvS or SvS interactions. I'm not saying it can't be done, but IMHO most people probably can't do much better than chance.

BOTH laser and fonti simmering down on each other in light of the Chaco kill feels like a red flag.
Why does this feel like a red flag?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
fonti's role is bizarre and feels like a headache just to evaluate it. gut feeling that blocking votes is more likely scum though.

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary why aren't you bad bro
I'm really hoping you wanted to back-and-forth with me here and I was just asleep. if you're genuinely doubting me now idk what to tell you. if anyone is snowing you here it's fonti and you need to snap out of it. you're relying waay too much on vibes and not solving logically.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
That seems very reasonable.

What makes fonti a town read for you?
fonti, admittedly one of the lower town reads, I really liked her PoE. That might have been a brilliant transition from AtE into false PoE, and if that’s the case, I’m ok losing to her, but I thought her big reread and reasoning post was solid, and that’s what kinda brought me back around.

Top Bottom