• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

Sabrar

Smash Ace
me being an asshole aside, you're missing the point. By attacking wam and kary early in D1, I am absolutely increasing the probability of a strong wagon forming on them by bringing attention to their slot.
The keyword here is 'early'. If there is one common factor that I observed playing with DGamers is that wagons change multiple times during the day, there is never an early lynch on D1 and EoD always brings multiple CFD-s. Leading a wagon early D1 has very little risk.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I didn't mean towards Wam, I understand why you wouldn't want to be blunt there, but some of your responses to me had remarks like "let me spell it out" or "dumb it down".

I've seen that, but it claims the score if indicative of what Chaco thinks of a player's alignment, which is evidently not the case, so no, that question still hasn't been answered properly.

I know this is wine at this point, but the XKCD-people are familiar with me to some extent, so perhaps them not prodding me is indication that this is consistent with my town play.
Sorry nonetheless and I knew you meant at you, but the same question was asked over and over and I answered it so many different ways to try and stay away from bluntness that it kept gettingbrought up. So when it was brought up by you so many times after Kary, Synch, etc it’s frustrating. This whole game has been for me, so don’t take anything I personally ever, cause I sincerely do not mean any disrespect ever. Cause if I did I wouldn’t have gone to such lengths with the Wam ordeal

Right I understand that, but borderline complete avoidance seems odd to me and it definitely was not so in previous games. So what makes this game different?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Malakandra Malakandra I am wondering why you bothered to go back and do Chaco's homework though
didn't want to make my scummate do any more work. He's done a lot this game, I'm really proud of him.
Because I don't want you to just wait for him when the answer is present and it is evidently important to you. Plus I'm a nice guy :)

Chaco

Never Logs In
To ask the question itself though, if you’ve looked so heavily into me like you say, why couldn’t you find it within my posts and missed so much that I’ve said? Yet your vote is on me comfortable. That’s makes no sense.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
fontisian fontisian tell me who the play is and I'm with you, I should be around until deadline though I have a couple hearings in the interim so I won't be 100% present but should be generally available
Wait, when did Fonti become your top town read?
So you don't like that Wam stuff has little info and gives no info, but you say the same is true for Somi but want that?
+1, QFT and such
Cause Id answered it numerous numerous times, much like the other scenario we were just discussing.
So I guess you're not going to address my issue with that response?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I’m kinda around, but I am at work. I would be open to going for wam

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
To ask the question itself though, if you’ve looked so heavily into me like you say, why couldn’t you find it within my posts and missed so much that I’ve said? Yet your vote is on me comfortable. That’s makes no sense.
I didn't miss it, as I said, I just don't think it's a satisfactory answer.

Chaco

Never Logs In
But it was fine when Mala brought it forward. And whether you think it’s satisfactory or not is totally irrelevant. I think your reads are unsupported, do you value the fact that I’ve said this? Are you going to go through and type a synopsis of why you’ve got each placement where they are? Cause beforehand there was nothing regarding any read indication rather than jumping aboard my wagon.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
From a Wam ISO:
They love to agree on things. They love to ask nothing questions that can't possibly help. Their reads are thin, hedgey, and not even in order. They throw out an interesting thought from time to time, but there doesn't seem to be any follow up. They believe ridiculous things like myself/Chaco being buddies, and that fonti would want to follow Gorf's reads. Overall I feel like they could definitely be partners with fonti, or less likely Chaco, they seem to have a lot of (unsubstantiated) opinions about those two slots.
Only thing that gives me pause is a sequence from 570 onwards, where Synchro interrupts Wam asking Sabrar about day chat to make Wam guess the answer. Seems skeevy from xivii but that might be my bias talking. Aside from that and the wifom of the general willingness to yeet them I don't find any reason to keep them around.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 1.10

Chaco (4): Kary, LaserGuy, Wam, Somitomi
FrozenFlame (3): BoomFrog, Malakandra, Dark Horse
Wam (2): FrozenFlame, Sabrar
Kary (1): Synchronicity
Somitomi(1): Chaco
Laserguy(1): Fontisian

Not Voting (1): Pythag

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to reach majority.
Day Ends at 5 PM CST on Friday the 11th, a little under 2.5 hrs from this post! Live Countdown to EOD1

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually I’ll do this cause I don’t know if I will be here at deadline
vote wam

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
bro in what universe am I a better yeet than wam or somi? What is the basis for this arbitrary order? Feels TMI honestly
Trying to sus another slot that starts pushing you? Boooooo. Wasn't this your game plan in completely vanilla?

I already stated why I consider you to be a better yeet than wam. In fact I literally stated it in the post that you quoted and you cropped it out which looks very grimy.

Somi is a slot that that has mostly been super passive at this phase, but has hit a turning point where they finally started to post reads and seemingly do more than just a guarded chill in the background. Is it a turning point that makes them look town? Not really, but it's still a turning point on the last day of the day phase which makes me see how that slot plays out more.

In contrast, you had a bad chaco push, bad responses to questions that seem to show a lack of town intent, and a bad readslist, and this all happened earlier in the dayphase. Furthermore unlike somi you're still doing the same pissed off defensive schtick today. For someone who had tried to scumread slots for seeming defensive your responses to the pressure on you are chock full of AtE and alternating between scumreading and talking down slots that are suspecting you. The irony is that I think wam has responded much better under pressure than you have so far. And then this:

fontisian fontisian is dark horse a play?
Which is a blatant attempt to appeal to the guy who doesn't like the current gamestate in order to test the waters with your vanity lynch project.

I feel very justified in my vote. Send him 2 tha essence

Wam

Smash Ace
I have about 30 minutes till I'm gone for the day. I know I'm an easy day 1 lynch so when I flip town have a look at those who should know better. Cough cough sabrar.

Any questions for me?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Trying to sus another slot that starts pushing you? Boooooo. Wasn't this your game plan in completely vanilla?

I already stated why I consider you to be a better yeet than wam. In fact I literally stated it in the post that you quoted and you cropped it out which looks very grimy.
trying to jump on to an easy misyeet of me because you're afraid I'll pin your scum ass? Boooooooo

Sussing slots that pushed me wasn't my gameplan in vanilla, not at all. Only did that against Osie and then just NKd him to save me the trouble, try re-reading again

Also, lmao at the suggestion that I deliberately cropped anything out of your post, I pared it down to contain only the part I was addressing. Anyone can flip back one page and see what you posted, I'm not hiding anything. Especially considering you actual DONT provide your rationale for me over somi and wam, look:

Vote: Frozenflame

Was hoping to hear more from him but idk if I’ll be around for EoD so we move.

Willing to take fonti out of my lynch pool for now so currently I’d go frozen, Somi, Wam in that order

Kary is a slot that I’m conflicted on. I had her as a scum lean for a while but I thought her answers to my questions were better than I was expecting, they struck me as more genuine and less of a guarded response. I definitely need to sort this slot at some point but I feel more confident in my other reads currently so I’d prefer to look elsewhere for the play today

I really dislike somi’s scum pool. I don’t see the Laser vs Chaco SvS approach it feels like a set up. Plus I feel like somi mentioned reads like this a while ago and it feels weird that there hasn’t been much progression or development on these reads since them. Briefly bringing up scum reads on wam and frozen could be distancing too

Also one thing that’s holding me back from putting wam higher is that he seems pretty unfazed by all of the pressure mounting on him. From my experience the type of scum that get by sheeping other people’s reads are also usually the type to get super frozen when the pressure turns to them and I don’t really see that from him
the bolded is the only reasoning you proffer re: me being a play generally. Everything else is just explaining other reads, not at all addressing why I should be top choice to yeet. **** outta here with this nonsense

In contrast, you had a bad chaco push, bad responses to questions that seem to show a lack of town intent, and a bad readslist, and this all happened earlier in the dayphase. Furthermore unlike somi you're still doing the same pissed off defensive schtick today. For someone who had tried to scumread slots for seeming defensive your responses to the pressure on you are chock full of AtE and alternating between scumreading and talking down slots that are suspecting you. The irony is that I think wam has responded much better under pressure than you have so far. And then this:
Oh ok so I'm grimy for pushing chaco and then coming around on it when everyone told me I was wrong, but I'm the play over people still on that wagon? The ****?

I won't deny that my EoD posts tend to have a lot of AtE, my patience is just thru with getting lynched D1 in plurality games for half baked reasons its annoying af. if you think my AtE is suss and makes me look worse on reaction that's fine but I think at this point you're just interpreting my AtE that way to rationalize your take on my slot

Which is a blatant attempt to appeal to the guy who doesn't like the current gamestate in order to test the waters with your vanity lynch project.
LMAO ok bro nice forced take, its actually just me asking other slots I townread for their take on slots that look suss to me

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
Technicolor town-scum gradient:
Sabrar
Fontisian
DarkHorse
BoomFrog

Synchronicity
Malakandra
Pythag
Kary

LaserGuy
FrozenFlame

wam
Chaco
You're going to have to explain that LaserGuy read. You think Chaco is scum, but you also think the person pushing Chaco the hardest the scum?

(Apologies if this has already been answered, on page 16 and stopped here)

fontisian

Smash Champion
I could kill Dark Horse? I feel like he kept his vote on me for way too long. Maybe it's not fair to have these sort of expectations for someone I've never played with before, but he seems like the kind of person who would have been townreading my approach to the game.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait, when did Fonti become your top town read?
since I posted my read list pages ago
said I would get this up last night my bad, pretty busy today so I won't be able to check in until really late tonight unfortunately

Town:
1. Fontisian (Replacement for Gorf)
2. Kary
9. Sabrar
11. Somitomi
Somi can't possible be trying to figure Frozen out while not knowing he was townreading me. Come on, now.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I could kill Dark Horse? I feel like he kept his vote on me for way too long. Maybe it's not fair to have these sort of expectations for someone I've never played with before, but he seems like the kind of person who would have been townreading my approach to the game.
he's also been very content to effectively coast, definitely fits the scum chilling while town tears itself apart feeling I have for this gamestate

fontisian

Smash Champion
I think there are some good points in regarding Kary banging the "wooo, Synchro so mysterious oooh" drum or their progression on Frozen and Chaco. But there are also inaccuracies I wouldn't expect from whichever side of your brain woofs, like claiming Frozen didn't even post between #125 and #256.
The focus on inaccuracies feels like a scum perspective slipping through. Like, he knows the Syn slot is town, and thinks they messed up their timeline, and doesn't consider that Syn could be scum trying to smear Kary. He's more concerned with whether Syn is right or wrong than their alignment.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
somi ISO:
somi's D1 play is in two halves, and I like the first half a lot more. It had some jokes, questions I could get behind, and while they express being a bit out of their depth at points (eg. 224) it feels believable to me- I've had similar thoughts this game. After the Laser on Chaco case, somi's second half is very much focused on Chaco, and to a lesser extent Wam. I think the questions somi asks are good, but it also seems very by-the-numbers. They also have some arrogance and confidence in dealing with Chaco (644, 679) that I don't know how to place. I guess it makes sense if they're confident there is scum tied up in the Laser - Chaco fiasco, but I see nothing that reinforces my earlier town pings. Can't see any reason to yeet them before Wam, and reading their ISO actually made me want to yeet Chaco more.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Sussing slots that pushed me wasn't my gameplan in vanilla, not at all. Only did that against Osie and then just NKd him to save me the trouble, try re-reading again
I mean your osie push there sure does look like some of your play here

Also, lmao at the suggestion that I deliberately cropped anything out of your post, I pared it down to contain only the part I was addressing. Anyone can flip back one page and see what you posted, I'm not hiding anything. Especially considering you actual DONT provide your rationale for me over somi and wam, look:

the bolded is the only reasoning you proffer re: me being a play generally. Everything else is just explaining other reads, not at all addressing why I should be top choice to yeet. **** outta here with this nonsense
I didn't say that I had provided reasoning for you over both somi and wam, I said that I had provided reasoning for why I would pick you over WAM. I know I didn't explicitly mention the you vs somi debate which is why I clarified it in my last post.

Oh ok so I'm grimy for pushing chaco and then coming around on it when everyone told me I was wrong, but I'm the play over people still on that wagon? The ****?
I think most people pushing chaco seemed to have pushes that were much better than your blatantly opportunistic jump. Getting off of a bad push like that to push an easy lynch like wam isn't going to give you brownie points in my eyes.

I won't deny that my EoD posts tend to have a lot of AtE, my patience is just thru with getting lynched D1 in plurality games for half baked reasons its annoying af. if you think my AtE is suss and makes me look worse on reaction that's fine but I think at this point you're just interpreting my AtE that way to rationalize your take on my slot
But it's way more than just your EoD posts. What's the explanation for the defensive responses when people were pushing you earlier in the day?

LMAO ok bro nice forced take, its actually just me asking other slots I townread for their take on slots that look suss to me
Idk about you but I think there's a big difference between asking someone for their read on a slot and asking if that slots a play 2 hours before EoD.

Top Bottom