• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I could kill Dark Horse? I feel like he kept his vote on me for way too long. Maybe it's not fair to have these sort of expectations for someone I've never played with before, but he seems like the kind of person who would have been townreading my approach to the game.
What is this based on?

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
But it was fine when Mala brought it forward. And whether you think it’s satisfactory or not is totally irrelevant. I think your reads are unsupported, do you value the fact that I’ve said this? Are you going to go through and type a synopsis of why you’ve got each placement where they are? Cause beforehand there was nothing regarding any read indication rather than jumping aboard my wagon.
Yeah, I always struggle with my reads on D1 and mostly end up going on hunches and vague feelings. If I could put those into words, I would've done so
always forgotten feels bad man
I know that feeling.
Somi can't possible be trying to figure Frozen out while not knowing he was townreading me. Come on, now.
I admit I have been tunneling on Chaco pretty hard.
You're going to have to explain that LaserGuy read. You think Chaco is scum, but you also think the person pushing Chaco the hardest the scum?

(Apologies if this has already been answered, on page 16 and stopped here)
Yes it has been, I'm not trying to form a consistent theory of the entire game at this point.
Anyway, I never suggested that Laser and you were both scum, that would be pretty absurd. My impresson was (and still is) that there has to be some scum involved in this kerfuffle. Yes, the bottom of my list can't all be scum at the same time, but I don't really consider that on D1, I just look at people individually. Nobody's alignment is known at this point so I'm not going to dismiss a suspect just because they're not compatible with other suspects. My townreads being on the other wagon is making me second-guess myself for what it's worth.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Alright, so I haven't read pages 15-17 and I skimmed 18. What are my choices? I have enough doubt about my FF I'm willing to move off it.

fontisian

Smash Champion
somitomi somitomi I'm not locked in here. You talking about your progressions on Frozen and Laser would be very helpful.

Also, maybe talk about your read on me? You have me as one of your top town, and that just doesn't fit with you not knowing about Frozen townreading me. His read should have been something that factored both into your read on me and your read on him, but it clearly hasn't.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Yeah, I always struggle with my reads on D1 and mostly end up going on hunches and vague feelings. If I could put those into words, I would've done so

I know that feeling.

I admit I have been tunneling on Chaco pretty hard.

Yes it has been, I'm not trying to form a consistent theory of the entire game at this point.
Share those hunches then? Where have your scumreads differed from consensus? What has just felt weird to you?

Or talk about the Chaco tunnel. What makes you most certain on him?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
And that might be worse for him, because he /should/ be doing more.
Maybe it's not fair to have these sort of expectations for someone I've never played with before, but he seems like the kind of person who would have been townreading my approach to the game.
These feel like very empty statements meant to encourage FF's scumread on me.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I don't know how Sabrar starting a Wam waggon ended up with somi getting the business.

I was gonna call Sabrar bad and wrong for suggesting anyone was shy about a Wam elimination.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Especially since there was pretty much zero mention of shading me before FF brought it up. Super super sus.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
I don’t even know how it could be suggested that Laser v Me is SvS. There’s like literally no way at all.

Nice OMGUS somitomi somitomi So everyone is suss on my wagon, yet you still vote me? Your whole basis is illogical. You put everyone who jumped in my wagon as low and scumreads as well, like what kind of excuse for scumhunting is that.
This. Somi is just lining up MLs, not actually trying to figure things out. As Dark Horse said, his reads are exactly the same as the beginning. No progression.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
fontisian fontisian

I don't like clogging the thread, I prefer to find scum on my own pace. Especially during day 1 when I think it's the easiest for your reads to be wrong, I care far more about being right than being loud and wrong.

Furthermore when exactly did you develop this hypothesis?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
My gut says wam is too easy to read as scum and I've seen some little pings of trying to figure things out, like when he questioned why people had left votes on me.

I'm willing to yeet Somi. I can't think of anything but pure neutral coming from him so far.

fontisian

Smash Champion
fontisian fontisian

I don't like clogging the thread, I prefer to find scum on my own pace. Especially during day 1 when I think it's the easiest for your reads to be wrong, I care far more about being right than being loud and wrong.

Furthermore when exactly did you develop this hypothesis?
That's fair.

My read on you degrading is something I talked about before Frozen brought it up. I can grab the quote.

It's not a hypothesis, it's just a feeling based on playing with a lot of different people, and learning to fit people into certain player archetypes.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
**** it

Vote: Somi

Could also swing fonti now. Fonti could be scum trying to egg on a town!FF. My gut says that two scumbuds wouldn't be too blatant like that

fontisian

Smash Champion
Laser, Somi.

Pythag the most likely town in that grouping. Boom could be scum, especially if Laser isn't. Mala could also be straddling the line between reasonable and agenda pushing with his treatment of Frozen, but I think that's actually only likely if I'm wrong on Chaco, because that gives his push an actual motivation, and his push times well with mounting pressure on Chaco.

Potentially one remaining scum in you or Dark Horse, since you both occupy this space of being content with the status quo.
#HBC | Dark Horse #HBC | Dark Horse

Posted before Frozen started talking about you.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
My gut says wam is too easy to read as scum and I've seen some little pings of trying to figure things out, like when he questioned why people had left votes on me.

I'm willing to yeet Somi. I can't think of anything but pure neutral coming from him so far.
There is ****ing resistance on wam. There is none on somi. Where is your usual mantra?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
There is ****ing resistance on wam. There is none on somi. Where is your usual mantra?
That seems valid, which is part of why I'm not actually voting yet. I've skipped several pages so I can't see if the resistance seems sincere.

fontisian

Smash Champion
fontisian fontisian

How does your read on me compare and contrast with your read on sabrar?
I feel like Sabrar is doing more/I agree more with the direction he's taking. He took me seriously when I talked about tvt fighting. While you both defended Chaco, he stuck his neck out more. He pushed on Laser. He's calling Boom out right now for not talking about Wam. With you, you've defended Chaco, and shaded me and Frozen a bunch?

If somi is a wolf, I'm not even sure you look better than him. Sure, you've had somi in your scumteams and you're hoping on now, but the wagon is already taking off without you. And while Sabrar could be scum trying to stop it, iirc, he was very willing to bus when push came to shove in Sumting Mafia.

Tbf, I desperately need to go over both of your isos again, but I don't have the time.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I really don't want to be refreshing this game for the next hour and a half.

I think Wam is a much better elim than somi, and Chaco might be better than somi as well. If somi flips up green I feel like we learn nothing.

My spicy picks would be fonti or synchro at this point, but I'd rather reach a consensus I can get behind than shoot myself in the foot trying to be clever.

Vote: Wam

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Did LaserGuy never explain his revote of Chaco? I feel like the Chaco wagon sucks and probably had scum on it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
By saying their is no resistance on Somi, there is definitely resistance. And also note the people still trying to actively go everywhere else instead of focus on on Somi. It still doesn’t align. No one wants to be blatant here except who has jumped on.

Wam

Smash Ace
All of fonti's reads feel fake and I dunno why you are only now noticing that.
Did you read my case where I stated each post looks good but reading overall it's hard to pick out a general read.

Iv read through all of fonts posts this morning. I will put up examples later but generally each post on it's own scans well but I'm struggling to get an idea of their views other than on laserguy

fontisian fontisian can we get a reads list?

I'm still viewing it as scummy as avoiding commit g day 1 is classic tell but the play is very different to gorf. I would also say scum font would be more likely to try and follow gorfs reads so that is in their favour.

Based on the above I'm swapping chaco and font in my reads list so.

Unvote

Vote chaco

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 1.11

Somitomi(5): Chaco, Fontisian, Synchronicity, FrozenFlame, Dark Horse
Chaco (3): , LaserGuy, Wam, Somitomi
Wam (3): Sabrar, Pythag, Kary
FrozenFlame (2): BoomFrog, Malakandra,

Deadline is in a little under 90 minutes from this post. With 13 alive, it takes seven to reach majority.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
F it. I gtg and am not sure I'll be here for deadline. I trust Sabrar slightly more the Fonti.

Vote Wam

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Did you read my case where I stated each post looks good but reading overall it's hard to pick out a general read.
I read every single one of your posts and left some abbreviated thoughts in the thread.

Am I supposed to town read you because you stated the obvious about a slot I don't like?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I'd also be down for a spicy LG flash yeet if people I think are townie agree with me.

Top Bottom