• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

Wam

Smash Ace
Ebwop obviously you wont bet on tvt.

Chaco why do you straight up tell people things they do that make them appear towny to you and then proceed to give them more towny points when they d it again? Like ofc some stuff can't be faked, and I'm not trying to throw shade on FF and say they are doing this, but if you told scum!me that you were trusting me for my paranoia of you, I'd intentionally throw more paranoia bits later on whenever it worked. I'm just wondering if you think you can read through any attempt to fake it, or if you've got something else.
I think scum mala wouldnt have pont this out

@Pythag what confuses you about mala?
Wam Wam do you agree that I started the notes around page 10?
I think so but I still think they were edited weirdly.

Wam

Smash Ace
but I unironically think synch should claim tbh
I agree but its already been answered. I'm suspicious of them not claiming now and will be very suspicious if they pull one out the bag later.
I don't think @Synchronicity is asserting the "lie" was strategic, if I'm understanding correctly and as the slot has previously stated, they believe it was a slip. why did you think there was deliberate calculus involved?
Because I wouldnt have expected scum chaco to double down and really argue it. I would have expected them to try and back out. Doubling down felt like they either really believed it or needed that as a basis for something.

Think that's me up to date. Reads list will.come when I'm home on my laptop.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco why do you straight up tell people things they do that make them appear towny to you and then proceed to give them more towny points when they d it again? Like ofc some stuff can't be faked, and I'm not trying to throw shade on FF and say they are doing this, but if you told scum!me that you were trusting me for my paranoia of you, I'd intentionally throw more paranoia bits later on whenever it worked. I'm just wondering if you think you can read through any attempt to fake it, or if you've got something else.
Cause it’s hard to continually fake being genuine about things like that.

Chaco

Never Logs In
He's straight up lying:

He's claiming that it was obvious to him at the time that Somi was going to be the yeet because of how instantly it ramped up at the time. He specifically states he felt this after Dark Horse voted.

Yet this was his response to Sabrar at the time, and this was after me and Dark Horse had vote:
You’re trying to hard to save yourself. Lol. 2-3 Wam votes pile on after that. So who was clear majority leader before? You’re trying to misrepresent information in the most minuscule form to try and get me mislynched now. What do I gain from outwardly speaking an unpopular opinion about something as scum? Continuously driving it home when it’s not being received.

Sabrar is the one person I had to say anything to, and the collective few votes jumping on wam preceding the mass being on Somi. Also understand what you think is a slip is me saying “why arent on Somi, and look at these others trying to run from it to”

I don’t understand how you think you live a second past my mislynch. You can be yeeted now, you were my preference anyways.

Vote: Synchronicity

Chaco

Never Logs In
Also quit using loaded words Synch, DUH it was an intentional lynch I thought he was scum. Said that since mid Day of D1. So I’m gonna set up a mislynch it EoD at middle of D1 and drive it through with one post to sabrar? You’ve lost your ****ing mind.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Furthermore, why would I claim it if I had him mislynched as scum. Can’t wait to see how you attribute this, I’ll probably be some Mafia God in your eyes. “Hey you’re being to genuine about the Somi Lynch, I think you’re scum” Said no one ever.

Chaco

Never Logs In
What I’m still trying to wrap my head around here is how you think this succeeds even when it still falls perfectly into line with what I said. The votes that come after that are the known Wam votes which is what I said. Swing votes you and DH are already on board, I make a comment to Sabrar to try and get him to switch pointing out there are a a few who don’t co-sign the Lynch. Obviously that comes from confidence or I wouldn’t be so blatant again, yes I was wrong, but Somi was exactly like vanilla and needed to go.

So overall, yes I was wrong about Somi. But this slip you’re suggesting falls into line exactly with what I said about it, you’re just misrepresenting information to make it for your agenda.

I love waking up to nonsense.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I saw it at the time, only person I had to basically respond anything to was Sabrar and that was before the wagon really began. It’s more obvious in hindsight though. Just look at the progression and you’ll see what I mean. The votes on Wam could already be counted on him, as a counter wagon, if you know what I mean, the swing votes were DH and Synch, imo.
So this falls into line perfectly with what I say except timing of the votes, which if you remember in the sign up threads, I have trouble with memory due to my past. Yeah I won’t play that card as scum either, that would be ****ed up.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Bringing this here cause it’s too damn good:
Tunneling never "works" because it suggests inherently flawed judgment and consideration of the game. If tunneling ever "works", it's an accident. You're not tunneling if you are right, and your reasons are good, and they die. You're just getting the job done.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 2.10

Synchronicity(5): Kary, Wam, Malakandra, Frozen Flame, Chaco
Wam (2): Dark Horse, BoomFrog
Fontisian (1): Laserguy
Chaco(1): Synchronicity

Not voting (2): Pythag, Fontisian
Day 2 Ends on Thursday the 17th at 5 PM CST. End of Day Countdown, Roughly 9.75 hours from this post. With 11 Alive, it takes 6 votes to eliminate

Last edited:

Chaco

Never Logs In
I didn’t realize deadline was toDay and not tomorrow. I may or may not have my sons baseball practice at deadline. Probably won’t cause we have weather off of the hurricane here, but there’s a slight possibility

Wam

Smash Ace
So you're saying you don't see the connection?
I see the connection but asking for people to refrain from hammering for content is such an obv town statement to make that scum would easily copy it. If your pushing a wam mala team on this your really reaching.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I see the connection but asking for people to refrain from hammering for content is such an obv town statement to make that scum would easily copy it. If your pushing a wam mala team on this your really reaching.
I feel like asking people not to hammer while you are voting on the waggon is some discordant thinking from you.

What's your experience with Heury?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I don't think it's NAI. I tend to help new players every game, yeah, but there's probably something alignment indicative in how and when I decide to do it.
But you don't know whether it trends towards town or scum for you, huh. :rolleyes:

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary

I think you really need to get the idea that Mala is painfully new outside of your head. He's played a few games now, and he knows how to play scum.
They played 1 game as scum, got caught, didn't win? What exactly am I meant to be afraid of here?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Last post was page 36. Page 37.

I dont see scum mala making this joke.

If you had to bet, tvt tvs or svs?
SvT on Synch v Kary, unless I’m grossly wrong. I really don’t see any way Synch doesn’t flip scum here.

I feel there whole agenda with trying to push on me was to get off the block for toDay and target someone with influence against them. Probably would have been a Kary or Fonti NK after a Lynch on me had they been successful. It all seems to track. You can tell they were grasping because I wouldn’t have called attention to go back and look numerous times had I legitimately slipped and wouldn’t be highlighting a mislynch as scum, and they have to produce something like that to actually be able to pivot on the town stance they’ve deemed me til now

Chaco

Never Logs In
On not hammering by Mala, I think it’s copied behavior from Midnight. Wanting to get as much time out of day as possible and not ending it early. It was said a few different times in Midnight, and I accidentally hammered Rajam at one point because VC was off. I don’t think it’s scummy by Mala, and there’s only a fractional chance they would be using to gain town points from that. If their vote is where their mouth is and it’s a scum Lynch, then I see no problem with it.

Wam

Smash Ace
I feel like asking people not to hammer while you are voting on the waggon is some discordant thinking from you.

What's your experience with Heury?
I should probably have made clear my request was nothing to do with the wagon or state of the game and entirely that it feels harsh for someone to replace in and then end the day before they have had a chance to post!

I'm trying to remeber. I know we have played games together, but they were a while ago.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Your not Xivii, stay away from me. You've twisted and corrupted him. You've even stolen Bessie's cute puppy dog!" and I'm like, this dude has to be town.
No. Bad Fonti. Mala doesn't get town cred for tone, especially jokie casual tone. He gets town cred for consistency in thinking.
Scum Mala makes casual jokes. Actually he did it more as scum, but that may be due to his town game being his first game.

Them saying to leave Boom for another Day is weird.
This is the general understanding Bessie and I have and also the result of Xivii and my last game. If this was just Xivii I'd expect him to try to stick to this but breakdown and get paranoid of me mid D2. But with Bessie's mollifying influence, it makes sense for them to stick to the "deal".
I feel like you should know me better than this. Then again, you often scumread me when I'm Town and I rarely understand why.
This game you've been hiding in your tunnel. If you are town, I'd like to see you try and sort the other people who aren't in you first pick scum team. Do the "if chaco is town who would be scum" thought exercise. What I'm trying to figure out is if you are intentional myopic in order to limit your liability.
There's a decent chance I get yeeted making this case. I'm just not really that concerned about it.
You should be aware that the townies who think you are wrong will likely still think you are wrong even if they trust your alignment. Your yeet won't lead to your preferred yeets next. (yes I know I've done the exact thing in previous games)

It's not a proper iso though because it doesn't show the full posts and they can be out of order :(
As others have said, if you don't use a search term they stay in order. And then what I do is use middle mouse to open them in 20 new tabs. Do something to help remember what the last post I opened was, then you can read from tab to tab and it's basically an iso. And you can save the taps with useful posts and that makes them easy to link. Getting quotes out of multi tabs is a pain though.
more accurately stated, I'm sure I'm disappointing him day by day by failing despite trying to use his notes to solve
Who is the "his" in this? Sync?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Also quit using loaded words Synch, DUH it was an intentional lynch I thought he was scum. Said that since mid Day of D1. So I’m gonna set up a mislynch it EoD at middle of D1 and drive it through with one post to sabrar? You’ve lost your ****ing mind.
There is some merit to Sync's point. I believe your defense, but Sync picking up on an inconsistency in your story is a reason for him to suspect you, right?

Chaco

Never Logs In
There is some merit to Sync's point. I believe your defense, but Sync picking up on an inconsistency in your story is a reason for him to suspect you, right?
In the context, no. If I was trying to play off blame for Somi’s lynch maybe, but bringing it up as much as I have and the only inconsistency being timing of votes I think they’re just using it as a platform.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I feel like he's smarter than that, and like he has to be being deliberately obtuse here
Being able to lie/ fake things is not equal to being smart and able to make solid reads. I guess it makes sense from your PoV, I assume most people who can play scum well usually also play town well. Tempted to give you town points for this because I don't think you as scum knowing I am town would straight up call me obtuse.

(to be clear I wouldn't take offense if you did and don't take any offense now. Feel free to call me dumb its kinda true.)
Can you explain what pings you townie about Chaco?
I felt his position on the Somi wagon was the least sus, I think while he isn't as obv town as he was last game, since that argument with you day 1 he has been more town from his posts, but thats a tone read. I made a post about how I felt his "scumslip" push on Synchro for the Fonti thing felt town to me even if I didn't think it was a valid argument.

Is there something specific about the joke you don't see me making? Because I joke around as both alignments.

I really don't like this argument. I feel like its totally valid to be voting someone, and also not want them to be hammered. L-1 is understandable for this at-least, because theres the risk of someone not realizing and accidentally hammering, but I don't think its alignment indicative.

On not hammering by Mala, I think it’s copied behavior from Midnight
This is true. I said what I said because I remember Xivii from there making the point to me that hammering is bad when he baited me into being down for a quick hammer. I recall that was a general sentiment among town. I said it at that moment because you seemed very down to hammer, and HBC (Hammer ******* Club) hammers people.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Vote Count 2.10

Synchronicity(5): Kary, Wam, Malakandra, Frozen Flame, Chaco
Wam (2): Dark Horse, BoomFrog
Fontisian (1): Laserguy
Chaco(1): Synchronicity

Not voting (2): Pythag, Fontisian
Day 2 Ends on Thursday the 17th at 5 PM CST. End of Day Countdown, Roughly 9.75 hours from this post. With 11 Alive, it takes 6 votes to eliminate
All town reads from me on the Synchron wagon, I don’t think there’s anyway that they flip town here

Wam

Smash Ace
Reads
I'm going to be honest none of the town reads are particularity strong.
Town
Malakandra - Just get town from the posts I explained some of what I'm reading in various posts earlier.
HeuryAlone - Judgement is obviously entirely on DH content. I had no ojbections to DH day 1. I like the progression of posts from #1089.
Chaco - I butted heads day 1 but I'm viewing Chaco as town. This is massively predicated on sync being scum though.
Kary - I was skeptical of Kary initially I like the day 2 play I think the questioning and approach is town.
HeuryAlone - Judgement is obviously entirely on DH content. I had no ojbections to DH day 1. I like the progression of posts from #1089.
Pythag - As i mentioned earlier I have a feel of town Pythag witout being able to point to anything specific. I want to ISO I doubt I will get there before deadline though.

Neutral
Frozen Flame - I have liked the progression through day 2. BUt I haven't lost my start of day suspicion.
BoomFrog - I'm reserving judegment I think there is a lot of links out there around boom.

Scum

LaserGuy - I can't decide between frustrated town, impatient town without enough time on the game or scum pushing tunnels.

Fontisian - I had suspicions of Gorf, I haven't seen anything from Fonti that has really changed my mind. I think a lot is tied up in links to sync and defense there of and I'm struggling to separate the reads.

Synchronicity (Xivii and Bessie Hydra) - Scum I think I have made my views clear earlier.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Reads
I'm going to be honest none of the town reads are particularity strong.
Town
Malakandra - Just get town from the posts I explained some of what I'm reading in various posts earlier.
Chaco - I butted heads day 1 but I'm viewing Chaco as town. This is massively predicated on sync being scum though.
Kary - I was skeptical of Kary initially I like the day 2 play I think the questioning and approach is town.
Pythag - As i mentioned earlier I have a feel of town Pythag witout being able to point to anything specific. I want to ISO I doubt I will get there before deadline though.

Neutral
Frozen Flame - I have liked the progression through day 2. BUt I haven't lost my start of day suspicion.
BoomFrog - I'm reserving judegment I think there is a lot of links out there around boom.

Scum

LaserGuy - I can't decide between frustrated town, impatient town without enough time on the game or scum pushing tunnels.

Fontisian - I had suspicions of Gorf, I haven't seen anything from Fonti that has really changed my mind. I think a lot is tied up in links to sync and defense there of and I'm struggling to separate the reads.

Synchronicity (Xivii and Bessie Hydra) - Scum I think I have made my views clear earlier.
Why is Heury in there twice?

Wam

Smash Ace
Is there something specific about the joke you don't see me making? Because I joke around as both alignments.
Yes I would have expected Scum Malak to make a similar joke but about a town role pm. I thought the "must look towny" mindset of scum would have filtered in.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Also why do you can't decide if 2x town options 1x scum option then put Laser is scum?

Top Bottom