• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Reposting for New Page
Vote Count 2.11

Synchronicity(4): Wam, Malakandra, Frozen Flame, Chaco
Wam (3): HeuryAlone, BoomFrog, LaserGuy
Chaco(1): Synchronicity

Not voting (3): Pythag, Fontisian, Kary

End of Day Countdown, Roughly 4 hours from this post. With 11 Alive, it takes 6 votes to eliminate

Chaco

Never Logs In
That’s enough expressed votes to lynch Synch then. Pythag and Fonti would finish it out, Kary will land there as well

Wam

Smash Ace
Could you explain why you think thats the most likely option?
A) tunneling town laser has enough experience to try and get out of it.
B) time pressures I would expect some comments along the line.
C) hes decided a more aggressive style will help from a meta perspective.

I've defended Sync way more then Fonti. Also, Fonti has hard defended many people you consider town. If you are evaluating around "Sync is scum" then you should be seeing me as a partner. I should definitely be lower on your list then Fonti is. How has Fonti not shown you anything townie? She has been putting an ass load of work into trying to solve the game. This Fonti read makes zero sense.

Also, side question, what does :links around boom" mean? is that scummy?
Because the list is independent of teams I am reserving judgement on you until we get flips. By links I mean I think other flips will give us a lot of information on you.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
This game you've been hiding in your tunnel. If you are town, I'd like to see you try and sort the other people who aren't in you first pick scum team. Do the "if chaco is town who would be scum" thought exercise. What I'm trying to figure out is if you are intentional myopic in order to limit your liability.
Off the top of my head...

-I think Kary, pythag and Malakandra are most likely Town independent of my Chaco reads. These slots are all solid to me and I don't see any real agendas. Dark Horse maybe a little more likely to be scum if wam is also scum. Frozen... mmm... I think Frozen is still likely Town, but he completely hoodwinked me in Vanilla, so I'd probably want to do a deep dive on him. I just don't think he behaves the way he does around fonti if he's scum here.
-If Chaco is Town, fonti looks better since her defensive actions against Chaco aren't buddy interactions. Probably moves to scum lean or nullscum, but still possibly buddies with wam.
-wam still scum leaning on Chaco Town. wam fits well with most scum pairings that make sense to me. Possible buddies are Sync, fonti, you, and, hmm... maybe heury, I guess.
-Synchronicity more likely to be scum, especially if wam is also scum, due how the push on somi went.
-If both Chaco and wam are both Town then fonti is probably also Town and this is the LaserGuy is wrong about everything show. PoE leaves {BoomFrog, heury, Sync, Frozen}.

I'd probably need to do a dive deep to get more than that.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Chaco
:grin: initial reaction to laser's case seemed super townie
His "your case is scummy but I still think you are town" didn't feel TMI? And he did the same thing to wam.

Dark Horse
:ohwell: seems kinda quiet and low impact overall
How is this not a :mad: ?

BoomFrog
:mad: "people should not be townreading me" re-framing his own sketchiness as good thing, justifies his reads based around it
I'm not saying my sketchiness was good, just that it is the reasonable public perception at that time. Why is "you are not reading my slot sincerely" not a reasonable evaluation tactic?

Sync
:ohwell: spent more time doing extensive notes on early game than getting involved
How is this not a :mad: ?

Sync
:grin: hypocrites themselves saying we should have killed frozen day 1
What does this mean?

Sync
:mad: inflated case on me based around mis-representing my posts and criticizing by double standard
Yeah, but Xivii does that as town all the time. He loves himself a big inflated D1 case, Ranmaru basically caught him in Sumtin for not doing one. Why are you surprised when Syncro does it?

Your reads are shallow. You are drinking the wine in front of you, immediately, every time, without consideration. You give no adjustment for meta even though you should be well aware of at least the Xivii half of Syncro meta. Your list is just:

:grin: relaxed players
:ohwell: weak players
:mad: try hards

I still think you are town, but it's frustrating to try and work with you here.

Do you keep notes or was this written recently during a reread? Also, who in this game have you played at least several games with?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
HeuryAlone HeuryAlone

Not sure if you're around or not, but deadline is pretty close. I know you haven't had the chance to catch up, but any thoughts you have so far that you can dump in the thread would be helpful.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Bruh, you came in after you two potentially being aligned was brought up and started following their votes and defending them like you were trying to make people think you're both scum.
So after I asked you to "please go ahead and defend Sync" why didn't you?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Chaco Chaco I'm not saying you are wrong, so stop telling me how you are right. I'm saying it's reasonable for Syncronicity to view you as contradictory so don't scum read them for that. And on the notes thing, I think Scum Sync would have cleaned up the notes more carefully, your theory is that two very maticulous players ****ed up fake notes, and the far more likely explination is that a town player dropped the notes without fully sanitizing them with the confidence that the towniness would shine through. This is TvT and I am so frusterated that I can't prove it to y'all.

Worth noting that if Syn flips wolf, Boom is probably town for those same reasons.
If Syn flips town does that make me wolf? If not, then Syns flip shouldn't affect your read. Get Bayesian, yo.

That’s enough expressed votes to lynch Synch then. Pythag and Fonti would finish it out, Kary will land there as well
So who are Syncro's teammates?

wam still scum leaning on Chaco Town. wam fits well with most scum pairings that make sense to me. Possible buddies are Sync, fonti, you
wam and I still seems plausible?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Only in very specific pairings. You/Mala/wam works, but I don't think Mala is scum. You/Sync/wam might work if you were feeling particularly ballsy at EoD1.
Do you think my current push on wam is insincere? Or I'm trying to save Sync by yeeting wam? Was my push on Mala insincere?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
I'm going to go ahead and put on record that I think this yeet is bad and is going to flip Town. The mood of the thread is just killing me. I think a lot of people are being very complacent about this. People complain about me being myopic in my reads, but the amount of groupthink going on is really troubling.

I don't think as strong of scum player as Sync lets themselves be put in a position where they're the inevitable yeet with no escape hatch and doesn't make any progress in their efforts to push back. I have a really hard time believing they just give up here. Uncontested yeets very rarely flip scum this early in the game. Like, if they're scum here, okay, good job guys, but more likely is going to be like the Handorin yeet in SS mafia where every player just agreed he was scum and yeeted him and there was no accountability for the yeet when he flipped Town.

Do you think my current push on wam is insincere? Or I'm trying to save Sync by yeeting wam? Was my push on Mala insincere?
Honestly, I think most votes today are going to be NAI because of the above. If Sync is Town, scum can safely position themselves however they like because nobody is trying to fight it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
BoomFrog BoomFrog Synch/Laser/Pythag-You

If sync is town it flips everything around and lands as Fonti scum with either Boom/Pythag/Wam/Kary.

But Kary seems so unlikely to me that it doesn’t make sense. I don’t see anyways FF or DH can be scum at all.

Laser as scum only makes sense paired with Synch.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Vote Count 2.11

Synchronicity(4): Wam, Malakandra, Frozen Flame, Chaco
Wam (3): HeuryAlone, BoomFrog, LaserGuy
Chaco(1): Synchronicity

Not voting (3): Pythag, Fontisian, Kary

End of Day Countdown, Roughly 4.2 hours from this post. With 11 Alive, it takes 6 votes to eliminate
Pythag, wam and Fonti are possible busser slots. Obviously I could be scummates with Sync. LG and DH are possible but they don't work with wam teams.

The only non-wam team with Sync is two of Me/pythag/DH/LG/Fonti. Malakandra Malakandra Chaco Chaco #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame Which of those teams are plausible to you?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Unvote
Vote: Wam

I hate my life. Still confident on Synch, but willing to listen to Boom and Laser right now. May switch back closer to EoD.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
Boom's interaction with Kary is strange. And with Mala. Sort of been supporting my scum reads of them throughout the game without really committing to them himself.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I’ll take a spicy Boom yeet.

Absolutely won’t go for Wam right now.

Chaco

Never Logs In
On second thought, nk I won’t. I have to see flips from Synch or Laser to know where I stand this game.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
?

Syn isn't giving up. They just said they're working on a post.
Bessie has a very clear stance that a town player sometimes just has to die to clear the air and allow progress. This is a goodbye post that is coming. Hence my meme post to them.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Why does scum boomfrog switch to Somi last moment if both wagons are TvT.
Strength of player and capacity of future doubt I would guess, that’s nothing that can accurately be speculated on though.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Bessie has a very clear stance that a town player sometimes just has to die to clear the air and allow progress. This is a goodbye post that is coming. Hence my meme post to them.
Oh.

That sucks? I was half hoping there were going to drop a case I could sheep.

Top Bottom