• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

They had better reduce the lag time between switching to Sheik and back

S2

Smash Lord
Anyone who played Melee knows that there were absolutely ZERO combo opportunities by swapping back and forth between Zelda and Sheik.

Since Sheik was very unbalanced compared to Zelda that time around, there wasn't a lot of incentive to play her.

While I'm not optimistic, they really should reduce the lag between swapping back and forth.

That combined with a few needed buffs to Zelda, might make it actually worthwhile to learn and play as both characters competitively.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Actually, as I have seen in a vid, it actually takes MORE time! Purplish magic spins around her, starting at the feet, the to the head, covering the entire body. It lasts about 4 seconds!!!!!!

I will post the vid later.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
What seriously? You have the game or saw footage that she's invincible during that period?

So it wasn't nerfed, but actually buffed? O_o

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
There was always invincibility in Zelda/Sheik's Transform.
The Transform was increased in total time by increasing the length of the invincibility (when Zelda/Sheik is a ball of white light).

It's still a nerf to the Transform, since the invincibility was nothing to die for (and FS's will 100% not be used in competitive play, where the invincibility would be useful). You're still vulnerability right after the invincibility ends. You need to hit them with something really hard or they need to be dead and respawning for Transform to be safe. They can easily charge an Fsmash on top of you if you don't.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
After watching one video, I think the best time to transform isn't after you've hit them away, but after they've hit you. You go flying away, and the invincibility frames will keep you safe in the air from any chasing and prevent them from coming back and camping the ground spot where you've changed. The one video I saw this in had the other person try to kick Zelda in the air and the attack passed right through. So that seems to be the safest and best way to switch and remove move decay (her fall time is also slowed down in the transform sequence).

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
You'll need to send them flying some distance to be able to transform without a hitch. The end of the transformation leaves you ridiculously open for attack.

I don't see the reasoning for nerfing it though. i thought Sakurai wanted players to switch between Zelda/Sheik effectively? This has only caused a huge chasm to form between the two characters once more.

Top Bottom