• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

They are the prey and we are the hunters! Attack on titan anime/Manga

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Hey guys, I love Attack on Titan and I am sure lots of you do too. So lets talk about it. First Question: Who is your favorite character? Also, some people here only watch the anime, so if something happened in the manga that didn't happen in the anime (assuming most people that watched the anime got through all the episodes so far) please collapse it. My favorite character is probably going to be Eren, cause he is so freaking epic! But knowing me, I'll probably have a new fav by tomorrow.

failninja21

Smash Rookie
Mine are Levi/Rivaille (still don't know which one's the right romanization) and Mikasa, b/c they're both pretty damn cool, and Sasha just because of the potato scene.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Eren is such a bad protagonist. I'd like him a lot more if he ever actually did anything right. I mean he has good intentions, he's just incapable.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I love Attack on Titan but the question in the OP made me realize that it doesn't have that many likeable characters. I'd have to say Eren. I disagree with him being incapable, he just makes the wrong decisions in the heat. Then he ****s you up when in titan form and carries boulders. He's the ****

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Eren's never had a solid victory. His very first encounter with titans was a complete and utter loss where he gets his damn limbs ripped off. His only minor success was sealing the gate with the boulder, but he still managed to mess that up and get his allies killed. Granted, he's up against some pretty heavy opposition so I will cut him some slack, but that doesn't change the fact that he hasn't actually won.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I would have liked AoT a lot more if the humans won a little more often.
It grew tiring just watching nameless people die. I could never actually care if a character lived, except Sasha, and that's mostly because she ate a potato. :/
Better characterization could have helped too.

But an interesting premise and god tier openings kept bringing me back. It still ended up being a fun show, despite my issues with it.

failninja21

Smash Rookie
AoT definitely veers away from the Shounen plot where a majority if not all of the good characters stay alive and manage to overcome the opposition through hard work and companionship. And yet it doesn't really enter the realm of japanese horror survival stories where people drop dead left and right.

The fact that the show was realistic enough to have characters getting injured or dying at any moment definitely made it more enjoyable for me.
But Petraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Miharu

Smash Hero
Mikasa, with potato girl coming in at a close second.

I really do wish the manga released at a faster rate than 1 chapter per month, though.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
The one month thing really bugs me. My new fav character has to be Armin now. Isn't there gonna be a second season? Because there is a lot of stuff that happened in the manga that I would love to see.

Catstorm

Smash Rookie
my favorite characters are probably levi, connie, mikasa, and ymir, but all the characters are well-rounded and realistic imo. eren is definitely no ordinary protagonist. he's angry, confused, and given too much power to handle.
the mystery behind the entire series is just too much to handle. its making me hard to wait a month at a time for updates.

roxolid

Smash Cadet
My favorites are Eren, Levi, and Mikasa.

To address what some people posted earlier, I understand that you think the constant deaths of characters due to titans are tiresome (and emotionally draining fo sho), but it wouldn't be AoT without that! It wouldn't be unique and completely separate from all other manga/anime without that mechanism of hopelessness. Without that, the lives of the remaining characters wouldn't be valued nearly as much as they are. Also, the humorous parts are made exponentially more funny because of the seriousness and hopeless tone of the story. I find it to be a beautiful story, done ridiculously well, with so much room to grow and so many secrets to explain!

roxolid

Smash Cadet
Jean's pretty awesome. I think he's the most human of all the protagonists; he wants to know what he's fighting for and if it's worth it, he's open about his fears of dying, and he's extremely worried about his friends dying too. He's supah practical and "always knows what should be done" hehe

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
Eren would be my favorite character if he wasn't such a bad protagonist and such a psychopath.

Jean is my favorite character. He's more realistic than anybody in the series.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I just finished this series, and I have a huge void. Where is season 2!!!!

They also f****d up the whole chance at season 2 by differing from the manga at the VERY END. What's inside the wall? That question has risen in the manga, but their ignoring it in the anime has screwed them. They COULD just have a scene where the characters return to the scene and see it, and problem solved.

Season 2 can just be made with 26 chapters rather than 34. The series will reach chapter 60 in August. Then it will have 26 chapters to work with. I would be fine with a 20 episode season!

Still no confirmation that a season 2 has even been green-lit.depressing...

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Jean is pretty cool, but Armin is still my favorite. Also, did you guys see the Attack on Titan video by team four star? I found that hilarious. It's surprising how they made a show so serious into something hilarious.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I just finished this series, and I have a huge void. Where is season 2!!!!

They also f****d up the whole chance at season 2 by differing from the manga at the VERY END. What's inside the wall? That question has risen in the manga, but their ignoring it in the anime has screwed them. They COULD just have a scene where the characters return to the scene and see it, and problem solved.
If you watch after the credits of the final episode, there's a cliffhanger showing the Titan inside the wall, thus making it possible to make a season 2.

Even without this reveal, a season 2 would be possible anyway by making the reveal just at the beginning of the season's first episode.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Mikasa! There isn't much I don't like about her. I heard they f'ed her voice up in the dub tho. That alone, has and probably will always, hold me back from checking it out. Maybe one day tho...!
If you count some of the fan tributes tho, I would have to lean more so towards armin.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I'm one of those people who didn't like her voice. It sounded weird for her character IMO.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I can't wait for a second season either! Has it been confirmed when it will come out?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I enjoyed the show when I watched it, and I can't wait for a second season. Hange is probably my favorite character so far.
It will still take a while for a 2nd season to come out.

You may want to catch up with the manga if you're curious. The anime adapts the first 33 chapters, more or less. The manga is currently on the 57th chapter.

I can't wait for a second season either! Has it been confirmed when it will come out?
AOT Season 2 will come out in 2015
There's no 2nd season confirmed whatsoever.

There will be two anime movies based on the series that cover the same events as the anime. The first movie will cover episodes 1-13 and the second will cover episodes 14-25. It will be produced by the same studio and will feature the same voice cast, as well as the same music composer.

Read more here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...n-anime-gets-2-compilation-films-in-2014-2015

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Mikasa <3
I love this character. She is my favorite so far, although Annie, Jean, and Captain Levi aren't too far behind.

Anyways, I hope season 2 doesn't take forever to come out.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Mikasa is my favorite!! x3 <3

I cannot freaking wait until the second season T_T

LightlyToasted

Smash Cadet
Maybe its too much game of thrones, but was anyone else really disappointed when
Eren Supposedly dies, then become a titan? I was kind of hoping ***** boy Shinj.... I mean Eren would die and thirsty for revenge, Mikasa would become the main focus. she's so badass.

Though I will Eren some credit, at least he knows what he wants to do and has motivation, which is better than Shinji. Though both serve different purposes in the narrative I guess.

Top Bottom