• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TheWhiteBowser's Brawl Strings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Some of you might have heard of me already some of you might not have. Regardless, I am TheWhiteBowser and I take a hobby of constantly bowserciding people online for kicks and giggles. In my infamous series on youtube Bowserciding Online SSBB Adventures I announce strings for various SSBB characters. Now I realize that some of the strings I will put in this thread might already be well known or in some cases might not be known at all. Regardless these strings are a result of spending virtually hours in the training room honing my skills and experimenting for various moves for many different SSBB characters. I realize I am very late doing this as SSB4 will soon come out but I figure hey there is no time like the present. Besides once the next game comes out I will still continue to announce strings and if you saw the developer direct of SSB4 with Mashairo Sakaurai then you saw that Bowser is keeping his side B the same even into the next game so Bowserciding and announcing more strings will continue. So even if I am 5 years late doing this on Smash boards I have been doing this for over a year on youtube. Like I said there is no time like the present. So I will get started writing some strings down and you guys can let me know what you think. I will gladly take criticism if needed. Please be sure to test out these strings yourself I usually test them out on Marios since Mario is so midground. If you want to suggest a string please private message me on youtube I will indeed credit you as the creator and you will get a good shoutout. Now without further ado here we go!

Mario’s Dash Kick Blitz | TheWhiteBowser “
1. Hit opponent with the last 3 frames of dash attack
2. Forward Tilt to the direction of the opponent
3. Normal Dash Attack
4. Jump up and Back Aerial Attack
5. Space Jump (if necessary) Second Back Aerial Attack
6. Land back on the ground and finisher Jump up and Forward Aerial

Advice= During my experimentation on Training mode it came to me that a lot of unique strings can come from hitting your opponent with the last three frames of your dash attack. Like the Sonic Rapid Punch string this combo uses the last three frames of the dash attack to set up a stun move. The dash attack and the forward tilt set-up an excellent hit stun. After the second dash attack it is tricky to land the two back aerials on the opponent. However nothing is impossible with practice and precision. Whether you have to short hop or aim those back aerials do it quickly and consecutively to knock your foe out of the ring. I was not quite able to pull off the finisher for this move but after experimenting with this move for over 30 minutes I am sure it is possible to spike them into the abyss at the very end.

Start Damage Cap= 25-45% End Damage Cap= 68-88%

Sonic --- TheWhiteBowser
Sonic’s Rapid Punches Complex string
1. Start doing a Dash in on the foe
2. Immediately after the Dash as quick as possible press the A button to do a dash attack
3. Forward Smash to the direction of the foe
4. Rinse and Repeat

This string is golden being able to repeat 3 times consecutively if executed correctly and it is not that hard to master. Basically to always do it right you have to know when to initiate the Dash Attack in a way so that when it hits the foe it is autocancelled because you hit the foe with the Dash Attack at the time that you are supposed to get out of the Dash Attack. Basically you have to hit the foe with your Dash Attack in its last 3 frames of animation. This being a 24 frames per second measurement but don’t worry it is not as hard as it sounds. And since hitting your foe with the last 3 frames of your Dash Attack offers little knockback and puts you right behind the foe. And since they are slightly stunned thanks to the autocancelled Dash attack a quick flick of the c-stick or Wii mote D-pad forward smash will send them off so that you can repeat this amazing string from step 1. Start this string at 10-25% damage and at the end of the string the foe can be upwards of 60% damage and that only if things go good.

Yoshi’s Stun Tail | TheWhiteBowser “

1. Short hop Back Aerial
2. Land back on ground Forward tilt to the direction of your opponent
3. Forward Smash or short hop back Aerial again or up aerial combo
4. If you go for the back aerial again you could set them up to land a powerful up smash

Advice= This string is extremely flexible. After spending an hour in the training room with Yoshi I can fairly say that yoshi’s back air may just be his best move. It has no knockback, great damage, and most of all it has stunning power, a lot of stunning power. The transition from step 1 to step 2 is impossible to dodge unless you are somehow out of range. But to be honest if you mess up this string it really is your own fault. The timing the forward smash in step 3 is tricky but it is a great finisher. But if you want to be safe it is quicker to go for a few short hop up aerials or even another back aerial in step 3 if you don’t want to go for the forward smash. Then if you go in for some aerial attacks in step 3 this string can end with a decisive up smash. There is no stopping the strings that can originate from Yoshi’s short hop back aerial just because of how much stunning power that move has. Like I said this string is incredibly flexible. You need to try it out!

Start Damage Cap: 15-40% End Damage Cap: 33-92%

Snake Ambush | TheWhiteBowser “

1. Grab and Back Throw or Forward Throw (easier if you do the Back throw)
2. Dash Attack (be sure to hit them with the correct part of you dash attack)
3. Forward Smash to the direction of your opponent

Advice= This string is much more flexible as it can work at damage percentages 0-25 and it deals 40% damage very quickly. There is but one catch. In step 2 of the combo you have to know what part of your dash attack to hit your opponent with. If you do the Dash Attack wrong the opponent will fall out of range of your forward smash in step 3. Luckily the hit stun of the dash attack is just enough for a forward smash and the back throw to dash attack tie together perfectly. In step 2 try to hit your opponent with the beginning frames of your dash attack it will offer little knockback and will line them up for the explosive forward smash to send them sky high!

Snake’s Air Kick | TheWhiteBowser “

1. Grab Up Throw
2. Short Hop up Aerial
3. Short Hop Back Aerial

Advice= Didn’t take me long to discover this but there is something to note though. You opponent has to be at least 40% damage if you want this combo to work. It is kind of unique that after the up throw the up aerial isn’t exactly sweetspotted but rather hits the foe to a degree where there is no knockback but just damage perfect to follow up with a powerful back aerial. Now if you do not go for the up aerial immediately after the up throw the up aerial will be sweetspotted on the opponent and they will be launched way out range for you to attack them with step 3. Be smart because sometimes sweetspotting your attacks isn’t always necessary. This string deals 35% damage.

Donkey Kong---TheWhiteBowser
DK’s Ace String
1. Side Special Headbutt
2. One simple tap of the “A” button for a simple jab
3. Charge up a complete Upward Smash and instantly KO the foe with perfect timing and absolutely no escape!
Advice= Step 2 is done so the timing is always precise and make sure the Up Smash hitbox is on the foe when they jump out. If you are a ways away from the foe after doing the Side Special Headbutt then walk (don’t run) towards them instead of a quick jab. You need to make sure you are close range when doing Step 1, Step 2 is only in the combo so the timing is completely flawless. Of course though I should factor in the mashing of inputs into this combo but technically measuring that is impossible to do unless I have a second person to help and all I really have to create these strings is the training room
RQR= Foe needs to be at, at least 50% damage in order for an instant KO.

Lucas --- TheWhiteBowser
Lucas’ Lightning Dash
1. Dash Attack
2. Up Special PK Thunder
3. (optional) Guide the PK Thunder and let it hit the foe in the air to offer some stun
4. Guide the PK Thunder and let it hit yourself and hit the foe as they land back down on the ground following the Dash Attack in Step 1
This might take some practice but it is indeed effective. First of all to do it right you must start the string at 20-25% damage. You want to launch the foe at exactly the right angle with the Dash Attack so hit them with the end of Lucas’ hand. You will know you hit them correctly because the Dash Attack will launch them straight up and a little to the direction you are facing. You really have to master how to control the direction of PK Thunder for the next two steps, and there is only a 0.95 second gap of escape from step 2 to step 4 if you decide to skip step 3

Wolf --- TheWhiteBowser
Wolf’s Aerial Ambush
1. Grab and Back Throw
2. Jump Up and Forward Aerial
3. Jump Up and Back Aerial
4. Land the finisher! Side B Wolf Flash

Advice= I swear I am digging my own grave right now with this new amazing string for Wolf. Yet another one of Tezaki’s mains. Tezaki is one of my friends who I brawl with occasionally. But yeah doing this combo with an Up throw doesn’t work it only works with the back throw, starting the string at around 35-40% damage and can end the combo at upwards of 80% damage. This string is loose though. You need good aim with the aerials but the forward to back aerial sticks pretty well. Then the finisher… Oh the finisher… Wolf’s Side Special Wolf Flash is never easy to aim and missing usually results in landing away from the cliffside and the hardest however the back aerial lines them up just right so it is indeed possible, if you don’t miss the hit. The Wolf Flash should strike them at its tip or close to the tip. And guess what? This combo works best on characters that are Lucario’s size or bigger? Who would’ve known aye?

Ike --- TheWhiteBowser

Ike’s Slash and Charge

1. Short Hop and Neutral Aerial
2. Short Hop and Forward Aerial if the foe drifts away from you or Short Hop and Back Aerial if the foe drifts behind you
3. Fully Charged Side B Quick Draw aimed at the direction of the foe as they land back down on the ground
Advice= Yeah Henry listen to this, learn Ike’s short hop and you can endlessly pound your foe with Neutral Aerials. And since Ike’s Neutral Aerial hitbox covers massive a 250° angle around him (which is just ridiculous) they will be hit every time unless they sidestep dodge. After step 1 the foe will either be launched away from you or behind you (usually away from you though). So follow up with a short hop Forward Aerial (or if their still at really low damage repeat step one). Then from there it is quite simple to land the finisher fully charged (or not) Quick Draw. However, if the foe is away from the cliffside after step 2 then strike them with a Forward or Up smash (do not try to go in for a down aerial or you will die).
RQR= Start this string at around 50% damage and the result is 80% damage.

Ganondorf---TheWhiteBowser
Ganondorf’s Throw Kick

1. Grab Down Throw
2. Down Special Wizard’s Foot
3. The finisher! If you lucky to get this shot in! Charge that forward smash and knock them out!
RQR= Foe’s damage can only be as high as 45% for this string to work to it’s fullest.

Lucas’ Quick Smash | TheWhiteBowser “

1. Up Tilt
2. Short Hop Neutral Aerial
3. Forward Smash
Advice= A lot of Lucas’ moves have stunning power thanks to all the sparkles that decorate his various hitboxes. Both the up tilt and Neutral Aerial have a significant amount of stun to make the forward smash unavoidable unless your opponent knows how to DI incredibly well I really don't see much of a problem with this string. This string can easily knock your opponent off of your back an make them think twice before approaching again.
Start Damage Cap: 15-40% End Damage Cap: 45-70%

Marth --- TheWhiteBowser

Marth’s Air Slasher

1. Grab and Up Throw
2. Jump Up and Up Aerial
-First Path: foe jumps behind you-
3. Midair Jump Back Aerial
4. Forward Aerial
5. Land on the ground for the finisher!
Down Smash if they’re on the cliffside
Up Smash if they’re in the air
-Second Path: foe jumps away from you-
1. Midair Jump Forward Aerial
2. Forward Aerial again
3. Land on the ground for the finisher!
Down Smash if they’re on the cliffside
Up Smash if they’re in the air

Advice= Man Tezaki is going to love this string. After the Up Throw the Jump up and Up Aerial is very easy. Then it gets hard to sync the rest of the blows together. If the foe drifts behind you after the Up Aerial attack take the First Path. If the foe drifts away from you take the second path. Both paths have the same finisher. And trying this string on a small character is utterly useless. Try this string on characters the size of Lucario and you will get them every time. I might be digging my own grave here if Tezaki masters this string but oh well… I’ll just have to learn how to air dodge. I find that if you do the Down Smash as the finisher the foe has a chance to escape but they will be struck by the tip of Marth’s blade. And the Up Smash as the finisher always hits unless they shield it at the last second in which case do a quick Down Smash to take them out. When you do the Midair Jump in Step 3 trying to attack your foe is the hardest part but if you master it you will be hammering your foe with aerial strikes.

RQR= Start this string at 15-20% damage and do it on characters Lucario’s size or bigger

Snake Speed Combo | Tiger BizNiz “

1. Special Grenade drop it on the ground by quickly performing a grab or a shield roll while holding it
2. Grab the opponent and back or forward throw them into the grenade
3. Run a short distance Jump up and Forward Aerial
4. Land back on the ground and forward tilt combo

Advice= After testing out this string and observing it myself I can say it is not all too flexible. Because of Snake’s poor air game step 3 is hard to pull off without a lot of practice and good timing. Step 3 is much easier to pull off if the target is a heavy character like ganondorf or Bowser because the greande doesn’t launch them too high out of Snake’s jump height.If you do attempt to pull off this string on lighter characters you will have to run a short distance and then do the forward aerial but that gives your opponent and little time to dodge. I would not say this is a bad string because from this video it can certainly lead to a very early KO and that is great for competition. Step 4 might not even be needed if you pull this string off right but please be sure to be careful and precise with this string otherwise you could miss. All Credit to Tiger BizNiz. Please support his channel. Go to his Channel. And Like his channel.

Ike’s Aerial Aether | Tiger Biz Niz “

1. Short hop Neutral Aerial
2. Up Tilt
3. Up Special Aether
4. Short hop Forward Aerial

Advice= This string is entirely dependent on you doing step 1 correctly. If the neutral air is executed incorrectly this combo will most likely miss. The trick is when you go in for the short hop neutral air be sure to hit the opponent with the first few frames of the attack. Like the first frames of that huge sword swipe right from when Ike first starts to swing his sword. To put into more exact terms Ike’s neutral air hits around a 250 degree angle circular sword slash. You have to hit the opponent with the first 20 degrees of that circular sword slash when you do the short hop. This is best done at very close range so after the neutral aerial the up tilt and aether blend together pretty well. And the short hop forward aerial is a quick move to knock them out of the ring.

Start Damage Cap: 15-25% | End Damage Cap: 65-75%

Ike’s Backlash Blow | Tiger Biz Niz “

1. Grab Up Throw
2. Jump up and Aim Down Aerial
3. Fast fall land back on ground and Down tilt
4. Jump up and Back Aerial

Advice= This string is difficult to pull off. Aiming the down aerial after the up throw takes and incredible amount of practice and precision. And even after that getting in the down tilt is hard because your opponent could quickly use their get-up attack to counter. The key to this string is speed. And though Ike is not known for his speed if you want this string to work you have to make Ike speedy. Luckily the back aerial the easiest blow to land and it is Ike’s fastest attack. Don’t give up on this string though. I had to practice this in the training room for over an hour before I got it to work like Tiger Biz Niz. This is a string that turns a slow character like Ike into a fast attacker.

Start Damage Cap: 15-25% |End Damage Cap: 65-75%

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I will be posting 4 strings to this thread everyday. Please enjoy! I even have a few strings other people have given me too so you can like those too. Please remember though if you already knew about these strings from practice then that's great I commend you for your skills. But these strings are just here for reference. Until tomorrow I will keep the strings coming!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Dude... you could have put all of that in one post...
Maybe two...
These aren't even real combos... wat

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Most of these sound like they won't work.
You really should test out these combos before you judge them. Yes it is true that these combos will not work at every percentage which is why I provide damage caps, because the combo will not work at certain high percentages of damage. Some of them are indeed flawed because combos themselves are hard to come by as there is always a counter to every move in SSBB. I have both videos and fans that have tested out and shown these combos. They are indeed worthy to be noted in this forum. If you guys want to test them out hop into the training room and battle against a Mario with the specific character combos I put in this thread. But please guys don't judge these combos until you have tried them out for yourself, otherwise your argument is invalid. I have spent hours in the training room experimenting with various characters on SSBB I know how to create a combo. If you guys think these are not legit combos then that is your own opinion, just don't spam this thread. Regardless of what you think though I have videos and fans that have tested out and shown these combos so I do have proof. and while I may not be the best at titling a combo I am indeed good at creating them. I have done it for over a year. My study of SSBB is something I don't think many people can deny.

EDIT: I have been corrected I now know the difference between a combo and a string. To be honest I have been a smash bros fan since I was 9 I have all the games though I have only had Brawl for 3 years though. But yeah I have never visited smashboards I am fairly new here. I did not know the term strings even existed I believed it would still be called a combo but instead I guess that's why I like Melee so much. So I have corrected all posts in this thread these are strings not combos. Thank you!

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Dude... you could have put all of that in one post...
Maybe two...
These aren't even real combos... wat
Yes they are. Hop into the training room with a Mario and test them out yourself. and if you still don't believe me I have videos showing the combos.

EDIT: I have been corrected I now know the difference between a combo and a string. To be honest I have been a smash bros fan since I was 9 I have all the games though I have only had Brawl for 3 years though. But yeah I have never visited smashboards I am fairly new here. I did not know the term strings even existed I believed it would still be called a combo but instead I guess that's why I like Melee so much. So I have corrected all posts in this thread these are strings not combos. Thank you!

Player-1

Smash Legend
No they're not real combos not at any percentage, there's very, very little real true combos in brawl due to the little hitstun and DI that make most of the escapable....

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Yes they are. Hop into the training room with a Mario and test them out yourself. and if you still don't believe me I have videos showing the combos.
That's great that the Brawl combo meter thinks it's a combo. It's thinks ZSS's d-smash to up-b is an infinite forever.
DI exists, stop being derp.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I don't think you've ever been to a tournament, have you ?
What does having to go to a tournament have to do with anything?! You just gonna be all herpdee-derp I went to a brawl tournament so I'm the coolest person ever and everyone else is wrong. No! Whoever thinks by that logic is downright wrong. These combos were made by hard work and determination. I worked hard in the training room almost everyday discovering these combos. As far as I know no one has the right to take this thread and spam it without testing out these combos first.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I wasn't being any condescending.
But in Smash, the opponent has a say in what combos are possible and what combos aren't, due to various gameplay mechanics like directional influence. And opponents good enough to counter these combos are usually found in tournaments.
You're willing to put some time in Smash and who are we to say that's a bad thing, we've been playing this game for the last 5-10 years. I'm just saying that you aren't putting your time in the right direction.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
No they're not real combos not at any percentage, there's very, very little real true combos in brawl due to the little hitstun and DI that make most of the escapable....
You have a good point. Combos truly are hard to come by in Brawl. I have heard that Diddy Kong possesses a few true combos because of his down special banana peel and the Ice Climbers chain grab. Still though I sense many people are having doubt about this thread. I respect all of your opinions I do. However, unless you take the initiative to test out these combos yourself in the training room then you cannot spam this thread telling me I am wrong. Take for example DK's Ace combo in this thread. That combo is inescapable and it KO instantly at around 50% Side special Headbutt one jab then up smash. You should definitely check out that combo. And let me assure you you do have a valid point. A lot of fast attackers such as Marth and Meta Knight can escape some of these combos. So why do I still post them then? The reason is simple. Not all characters in SSBB can escape these combos. When I give a combo it is the players job to use it on their enemies and discover how to adjust it to fit each situation. It is my job to describe the combo and give a general definition, otherwise each of these replies describing the combos would be a page long. And yes I do keep track of the combo indicator in the training room. There are a few times where there are clear gaps of escape, and if you guys want me to note where the gaps of escape are I will. Like I said it is my job to discover the combos in the training room which I work hard in almost every day finding combos for multiple characters and give a general definition of the combo to the player. It is the player's job to use the combo, experiment with it, and adjust it to fit each situation. Not everyone of my combos is flexible but they are certainly worth mentioning. this thread is here for reference don't spam it with doubt until you have tested out these combos yourself in the training room. And like I said I have videos displaying these combos as well as a fanbase all on youtube. Please don't try to act smart unless you can back it up like I can clearly do when it comes to describing these combos.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I wasn't being any condescending.
But in Smash, the opponent has a say in what combos are possible and what combos aren't, due to various gameplay mechanics like directional influence. And opponents good enough to counter these combos are usually found in tournaments.
You're willing to put some time in Smash and who are we to say that's a bad thing, we've been playing this game for the last 5-10 years. I'm just saying that you aren't putting your time in the right direction.
Well then I apologize. And yes I am aware that high level players have a leg up on most people when it comes to comboing. To tell the truth I am not the best brawler. I main as a Lucario and I know I wouldn't last long in a real life tournament. However I think its exciting to come to a forum like smashboards and present my findings and discoveries. I believe I am putting my time in the right direction though. sure I am not honing my skills with my main player Lucario but honestly I don't care about how good I am at the game I just want to make people better at the game and that's what this thread is here for. I am sure every combo has a counter to it (except Ice Climbers) but who is to say every character can counter? These combos are more general definitions than definite claims because of the various skill levels players can be at when you decide to use one of these combos. It is my job here to announce the combos it is your job to test them out and adjust them to fit the situation. I can't provide all the answers otherwise I would be posting page long replies. I will respect your argument though as higher level players can be near impossible to combo since fighting defensively is usually the favored technique. I still have my videos on youtube displaying these combos though. And I can back-up my argument because I do work hard in the training room looking and testing these combos. So as far as I know what I am doing right now is right.

Player-1

Smash Legend
If there's a gap where a player can escape then it's not a combo. A combo is inescapable. Even in melee where there's a lot more hitstun the term is often used wrong since a lot of times they're just technically reading the DI of the opponent. Your "DK's Ace Combo" where there is enough hitstun to link the release from the ground into the up smash without the player being able to do anything wouldn't even be considered a real combo since you don't know when the player will be released from the ground since mashing inputs affects how long you stay in the ground.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
If there's a gap where a player can escape then it's not a combo. A combo is inescapable. Even in melee where there's a lot more hitstun the term is often used wrong since a lot of times they're just technically reading the DI of the opponent. Your "DK's Ace Combo" where there is enough hitstun to link the release from the ground into the up smash without the player being able to do anything wouldn't even be considered a real combo since you don't know when the player will be released from the ground since mashing inputs affects how long you stay in the ground.
LOL I guess I overlooked that part. When I am in the training room finding combos the cpu is usually set to STOP so I guess my combos do not factor in the mashing of inputs. But if you want a perfect combo then you will be hard pressed to find one. I can see your doubting me but let me offer an example. You see big time players, top of the game, and always first in tourneys, you observe their gameplay style. what do you see? well when a tourney player is battling a tourney player they play defensively and don't really combo because they know that if their opponent is as skilled as they are they will easily counter, or DI out of their combo. when a tourney player is battling let's say a regular player they would probably be more on the offensive to observe if their opponent can counter and if their opponent cannot counter then they will hammer them out of the battle. If their opponent does counter then the tourney player will quickly adjust their playing style and fight defensively to win the match. Now while there is a difference to fighting defensive and fighting offensively how does this compare to my combos? Well it is quite simple.
when I announce these combos to both new and pro players I first expect them to try it out in the training room first. Next I expect them to experiment with it. You are right when you said there is not to many true combos in brawl. However if one uses one of my combos they have to keep in mind the playstyle of their opponent. They could keep some of the combo and not use the rest. They could use the combo but instead use a different move in the steps, or they could try to figure out ways to counter the combo as you are making a hobby of doing. The point of getting good at SSBB is adapting, adapting to your opponent and adapting to brawling well. These combos are adaptable they can only work in some situations not every situation it is the players job to adjust them to fit the situation or adapt to them so they can easily avoid the combo. Heck maybe this thread can be here so everyone knows how to dodge each and every combo I announce that way it would improve a player's skill. I have heard that playing defensively wins most SSBB matches but I may be wrong. A combo doesn't have to be inescapable it just has to work. If you want to find inescapable combos then good luck because I gave up that search long ago. Now I work on finding combos that can be both adjust by the pro players and can be used to get a leg up on the noob players. It is your job as a player to experiment with these combos and adjust them to fit the situation and your opponent. It is my job to announce the combo and give a general definition. If you still have criticism then you should check out my videos on youtube as well as a few videos my fans have made as well. And please stop doubting these combos. Before you reply again take it upon yourself to go the the freaking training room and test out one of these combos!

Player-1

Smash Legend
A combo by the very definition of it in the fighting game universe is inescapable, if it's escapable it's not a combo, simple as that. Most of what you're posting here are just very far-fetched list of consecutive option coverages. I say far-fetched because in competitive play most of these won't work pretty much ever, maybe on scrubs in basic brawl that don't really know how to play. Things like "Lucas' Quick Smash" and "DK's Ace Combo" (as you're calling them) are a couple that are somewhat viable and have been used throughout the years, but they're still not actual combos as they're both escapable.

I don't think anyone here is doubting the fact that you can do these things to CPUs in training mode set to stop, they're doubting that it's a combo, that if I tried it on actual person that they'd be able to air dodge/shield/jump/DI out before the "combo" is complete therefore it's not a combo.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
To be honest, most of the combos you wrote won't work (Yes, I just tried some... Like 15 minutes ago). Even on a non-moving cpu, it's very unlike to land most of your combos. It's also quite impossible to land on a great opponent who knows how to DI. Even though those combos are bias and/or misled, I'd like to thank you for the time you spent trying to help other people :)

Funbun

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf---TheWhiteBowser
Ganondorf’s Throw Kick

1. Grab Down Throw
2. Down Special Wizard’s Foot
3. The finisher! If you lucky to get this shot in! Charge that forward smash and knock them out!
RQR= Foe’s damage can only be as high as 45% for this combo to work to it’s fullest.

i tried this aganst my fred and i misssed completly

what i doing wrong????? =(

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
i tried this aganst my fred and i misssed completly

what i doing wrong????? =(
The forward smash does have a chance of missing. You could instead go for a short hop forward air instead in case they DI out of range of the forward smash. If you missed the wizard's foot in step 2 try doing the combo at a lower percentage keep in mind the damage cap is 40% otherwise your opponent could escape. You could also go for a short hop up aerial in step 2 as well since your opponent might be to high a percentage of damage for the wizard's foot to hit. Keep on smashing!

You see I like comments like this. They help this thread improve and they help players improve their game. These combos can be adjusted to fit many situations yet in the end they are just discoveries and discoveries have to be used in order to become facts. Keep on critiquing!

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
To be honest, most of the combos you wrote won't work (Yes, I just tried some... Like 15 minutes ago). Even on a non-moving cpu, it's very unlike to land most of your combos. It's also quite impossible to land on a great opponent who knows how to DI. Even though those combos are bias and/or misled, I'd like to thank you for the time you spent trying to help other people :)
I don't believe these combos are misled at all. I have spent hours in the training room testing out these combos. I have videos displaying these combos. I have a fanbase on youtube that gives me a few combos to announce. I have been doing this for over a year and yet I am told my combos are misled? I am very sorry but I don't believe that. Besides these combos only scratch the surface. I have like 50 more combos to post to this thread some better than others. And I will continue to spend my time in the training room because I like finding these combos for people. I appreciate that some people will share their opinions on this topic but please be respectful and keep in mind I work hard in SSBB and while these combos or consecutive option coverages as Player 1 calls them are indeed legit tactics. You can bend one of my combos to fit a certain situation or you can try the combo and see if it works on noob players. Point is if there are no true combos in SSBB then how does one opponent beat the other? A combos purpose is to deal damage or KO your opponent therefore any 2-3 paired hits is a combo. And while not every combo is inescapable as long as it serves its purpose it is a combo. Like I said it is my job to announce and test out the combo it is your job as a player to experiment with it and edit it to fit every situation.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I don't believe these combos are misled at all. I have spent hours in the training room testing out these combos. I have videos displaying these combos. I have a fanbase on youtube that gives me a few combos to announce
Care to link some of those combo videos?

Aidebit

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe these combos are misled at all. I have spent hours in the training room testing out these combos. I have videos displaying these combos. I have a fanbase on youtube that gives me a few combos to announce. I have been doing this for over a year and yet I am told my combos are misled? I am very sorry but I don't believe that. Besides these combos only scratch the surface. I have like 50 more combos to post to this thread some better than others. And I will continue to spend my time in the training room because I like finding these combos for people. I appreciate that some people will share their opinions on this topic but please be respectful and keep in mind I work hard in SSBB and while these combos or consecutive option coverages as Player 1 calls them are indeed legit tactics. You can bend one of my combos to fit a certain situation or you can try the combo and see if it works on noob players. Point is if there are no true combos in SSBB then how does one opponent beat the other? A combos purpose is to deal damage or KO your opponent therefore any 2-3 paired hits is a combo. And while not every combo is inescapable as long as it serves its purpose it is a combo. Like I said it is my job to announce and test out the combo it is your job as a player to experiment with it and edit it to fit every situation.
Does your opponent know how to airdodge?

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
You ask for critique and when you get it, you say "I've spent X amount of hours, you dare question me?"

You aren't being open to what people are saying. I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously.

Also the term "combo" does not fit the idea you are coming up with. Try "strings" or "consecutive blows".

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Does your opponent know how to airdodge?
An air dodge can easily be punished because by the time your opponent is done with their air dodge animation you can attack with a simple up tilt or another short hop aerial. I find the neutral aerial to be the most effective attack to use after your opponent does an air dodge. However if the opponent lands out of range after their air dodge animation then yes you will have to try doing the combo again. Practice makes perfect! Keep on smashing!

Aidebit

Smash Journeyman
An air dodge can easily be punished because by the time your opponent is done with their air dodge animation you can attack with a simple up tilt or another short hop aerial. I find the neutral aerial to be the most effective attack to use after your opponent does an air dodge. However if the opponent lands out of range after their air dodge animation then yes you will have to try doing the combo again. Practice makes perfect! Keep on smashing!
If that's the case, aren't you just making consecutive predictions on what your opponent will do?

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
You ask for critique and when you get it, you say "I've spent X amount of hours, you dare question me?"

You aren't being open to what people are saying. I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously.

Also the term "combo" does not fit the idea you are coming up with. Try "strings" or "consecutive blows".
I never said the "you dare question me" at all check the thread. All I hear people saying is these combos won't work. All I hear is doubt I hear no criticism at all. The only thing I am getting from this thread is people saying that these combos aren't combos. So far the only person I actually appreciate in this thread and actually posted a comment in this thread that is worth mentioning is Funbun. Funbun asked a question about one of the combos I presented and I immediately provided an answer and gave some friendly advice on how to use the combo differently if the situation is different. I will be open to what people say. Maybe if I stop hearing people saying these aren't combos and instead start hearing people say "hey whitebowser try this move in step 2 instead it offers less time for your opponent to escape" then I will be happier. But so far I am getting the sense there is some narrow-mindedness in this forum. I feel that these are strings/consecutive blows/combos are worth mentioning I feel that they are worth people experimenting with them I feel they should be a part of the metagame and should be used and adjust to fit every situation. I am open to criticism but if all I keep on hearing is that "these aren't combos/strings/consecutive blows" then I will keep on saying your wrong because they are. I do them myself. I am in the training room almost everyday with this chore. I do it for the community I have for over a year on youtube now I am moving it to smashboards and well this wasn't the welcome I expected. Still I guess I have been a bit closed towards the fact that yes these combos are indeed flawed in some cases because of DI and fast attackers. Still though that doesn't deter the fact that you have to use the combos first before you judge them. If you find it ineffective edit the combo, adjust it, tweak it, so it fits multiple situations besides just working in the training room. Then come back to me. Thank you again!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Okay, this is really easy now.
Because you're completely wrong and stubborn about being wrong, I'm going to make a video tomorrow showing your combos and how they don't work.
Each and every one of them.
Using simple DI, and mashing specifically on DK's.
And then I'm going to post it here, and have a mod close the thread so nobody thinks any of these are legit.

Do you know why these combos aren't legit? DI and low hitstun. We do not need to prove anything, as people would be USING MORE COMBOS if they were easier in this game.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Care to link some of those combo videos?
I'm not sure if I am allowed to do that... :/
I mean technically that would be advertising my videos on this forum and that would be breaking the rules. I think you guys can take it upon yourself and go on youtube and type in the search bar
*Bowserciding Online SSBB Adventures Season 1 Combo Video
and
*Bowserciding Online SSBB Adventures Season 2 Combo Video
Happy youtubing!

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Because you're completely wrong and stubborn about being wrong, I'm going to make a video tomorrow showing your combos and how they don't work.
And then I'm going to post it here, and have a mod close the thread so nobody thinks any of these are legit.

Do you know why these combos aren't legit? DI and low hitstun. We do not need to prove anything, as people would be USING MORE COMBOS if they were easier in this game.
Hey that is not cool man. Don't be a jerk. I have tried to be as curtious as possible with you guys. I have been on smashboards for two days and all I have gotten in hate. My gosh are there any friendly voices. You have absolutely no right to close down this thread at all. I work hard and I still have a fanbase on youtube I can count on when there are people like you who would instead just harass me instead of being a reasonable and optimistic person like I am trying to be. And you know what two people can play at this game!
Here are the links to my very own combo videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVUxz6-qiwU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujxuYFPN3bw

Player-1

Smash Legend
also in training mode moves don't stale, many times in actual matches your moves are going to be stale which can affect strings (which most of these I still wouldn't even consider a string)

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
also in training mode moves don't stale, many times in actual matches your moves are going to be stale which can affect strings (which most of these I still wouldn't even consider a string)
I feel that you should try to present a combo in this thread. Since you seem so easily driven that there are very few true combos in SSBB then please I would like to hear a combo from you. These strings or consecutive blows work for me all I have to do is practice them in the training room. Now please stop hating on me I am really trying to be optimistic here. I am truly just trying to help.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I guarantee you that airdodging or attacking out of hitstun will break these combos.
Hey you may have a good point. So perhaps you should try to stop the combo at a certain spot or attack using a different approach. Edit these strings to fit every situation. Adjust them so that everytime you can change-up and mix-up the combo. Then you can become a better brawler. :)

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace

And here are three videos made by one of my fans on youtube. Tiger BizNiz he gave me these combos to announce in my videos. So you can harass him too if you want to. don't threaten me man it's not cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSDodiPX2BA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLq-GTPVpZg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jAvq0Usjck

Player-1

Smash Legend
I feel that you should try to present a combo in this thread. Since you seem so easily driven that there are very few true combos in SSBB then please I would like to hear a combo from you. These strings or consecutive blows work for me all I have to do is practice them in the training room. Now please stop hating on me I am really trying to be optimistic here. I am truly just trying to help.
...I'm just providing you with some factual stuff, I don't see how that's hating. A combo HAS to be inescapable to be considered a combo. Moves don't stale in training mode. Every single thing you've provided is escapable so it is not a combo. Here's a few combos for you: Falco dthrow>dthrow>dthrow at 0% on most of the cast. Ice Climbers fthrow>fthrow>fthrow. Diddy banana throw>banana throw>banana throw. DDD dthrow>dthrow>dthrow on most of the cast.

If you want to see hating I can happily provide that too.
Play against any half competent opponent and 95% of these won't work.
Actually, to make this thread somewhat truthful all you need to do is add some sort of disclaimer or step 0 that says "make sure you unplug your opponent's controller first"
None of these help in competitive play and quite frankly I feel like these videos are hurting more than helping by spreading false information like saying those things are "combos" and saying things like "zelda's dtilt is the fastest in the game"

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Hey that is not cool man. Don't be a jerk. I have tried to be as curtious as possible with you guys. I have been on smashboards for two days and all I have gotten in hate. My gosh are there any friendly voices. You have absolutely no right to close down this thread at all. I work hard and I still have a fanbase on youtube I can count on when there are people like you who would instead just harass me instead of being a reasonable and optimistic person like I am trying to be. And you know what two people can play at this game!
Here are the links to my very own combo videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVUxz6-qiwU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujxuYFPN3bw
Regarding the Snake Backthrow to Downsmash to C4. You do realize that the C4 explosion can be air-dodged right...? :facepalm: And Remote missle after C4? I swear that legit made me laugh out loud :laugh:
Going to the Samus F-throw to Charged B attack... The Charged B won't connect, because there is something called "Shielding" , go check it up.
Kirby's Down-throw can't be "Combo-ed" into Upsmash, nor Side-B.
Pikachu's Down-throw to Down-smash to Side-B....?

I'm basically gonna stop here seeing how random those "combos" are. I can't say "Use Marth's Up-B and make sure your opponent grabs the ledge so you can SH D-air him to his death" and call it a combo. A combo is attacks that will follow up together without waiting for a specific event to occur. An example of a real combo/string (even though it's pretty simple) is ZSS's Dash attack to Up-tilt at low percentages. True combos don't really exist at high percentages. I mean no offence at all, but those aren't combos are not viable due to DI, Shielding, dodging, and your opponent's ability to read.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
...I'm just providing you with some factual stuff, I don't see how that's hating. A combo HAS to be inescapable to be considered a combo. Moves don't stale in training mode. Every single thing you've provided is escapable so it is not a combo. Here's a few combos for you: Falco dthrow>dthrow>dthrow at 0% on most of the cast. Ice Climbers fthrow>fthrow>fthrow. Diddy banana throw>banana throw>banana throw. DDD dthrow>dthrow>dthrow on most of the cast.

If you want to see hating I can happily provide that too.
Play against any half competent opponent and 95% of these won't work.
Actually, to make this thread somewhat truthful all you need to do is add some sort of disclaimer or step 0 that says "make sure you unplug your opponent's controller first"
None of these help in competitive play and quite frankly I feel like these videos are hurting more than helping by spreading false information like saying those things are "combos" and saying things like "zelda's dtilt is the fastest in the game"
So let me get this straight. The only combos you can possible think of are chaingrabs. Wow talk about no imagination. I will start calling these combos strings if it will make you feel better though. I do feel though that I am being bullied a little by you guys. Not sure if its because I am new or because you guys don't trust me. and if you actually look it up both on youtube and on smash wiki then yes you will clearly see zelda's down tilt is one of the fastest in the game. So that move is ideal for a combo. Please stop doing this guys I just want to help. That is it. I just want to HELP.

Aidebit

Smash Journeyman
Snake Speed Combo | Tiger BizNiz “

1. Special Grenade drop it on the ground by quickly performing a grab or a shield roll while holding it
2. Grab the opponent and back or forward throw them into the grenade
3. Run a short distance Jump up and Forward Aerial
4. Land back on the ground and forward tilt combo

Advice= After testing out this combo and observing it myself I can say it is not all too flexible. Because of Snake’s poor air game step 3 is hard to pull off without a lot of practice and good timing. Step 3 is much easier to pull off if the target is a heavy character like ganondorf or Bowser because the greande doesn’t launch them too high out of Snake’s jump height.If you do attempt to pull off this combo on lighter characters you will have to run a short distance and then do the forward aerial but that gives your opponent and little time to dodge. I would not say this is a bad combo because from this video it can certainly lead to a very early KO and that is great for competition. Step 4 might not even be needed if you pull this combo off right but please be sure to be careful and precise with this combo otherwise you could miss. All Credit to Tiger BizNiz. Please support his channel. Go to his Channel. And Like his channel.
2. Grenade won't explode, and your opponent can time an airdodge.
3. Shield upon landing, if you somehow get hit, techroll.
4. If your opponent techrolls, then this won't work.

Ike’s Aerial Aether | Tiger Biz Niz “

1. Short hop Neutral Aerial
2. Up Tilt
3. Up Special Aether
4. Short hop Forward Aerial

Advice= This combo is entirely dependent on you doing step 1 correctly. If the neutral air is executed incorrectly this combo will most likely miss. The trick is when you go in for the short hop neutral air be sure to hit the opponent with the first few frames of the attack. Like the first frames of that huge sword swipe right from when Ike first starts to swing his sword. To put into more exact terms Ike’s neutral air hits around a 250 degree angle circular sword slash. You have to hit the opponent with the first 20 degrees of that circular sword slash when you do the short hop. This is best done at very close range so after the neutral aerial the up tilt and aether blend together perfectly. And the short hop forward aerial is a quick move to knock them out of the ring.

Start Damage Cap: 15-25% | End Damage Cap: 65-75%
2. Airdodge.
3. DI out of Aether.
4. If you don't DI, you can still shield the SH Fair.

Ike’s Backlash Blow | Tiger Biz Niz “

1. Grab Up Throw
2. Jump up and Aim Down Aerial
3. Fast fall land back on ground and Down tilt
4. Jump up and Back Aerial

Advice= This combo is difficult to pull off. Aiming the down aerial after the up throw takes and incredible amount of practice and precision. And even after that getting in the down tilt is hard because your opponent could quickly use their get-up attack to counter. The key to this combo is speed. And though Ike is not known for his speed if you want this combo to work you have to make Ike speedy. Luckily the back aerial the easiest blow to land and it is Ike’s fastest attack. Don’t give up on this combo. I had to practice this in the training room for over an hour before I got it to work like Tiger Biz Niz. This is a combo that turns a slow character like Ike into a fast attacker.

Start Damage Cap: 15-25% |End Damage Cap: 65-75%
2. Airdodge, jump or attack to avoid.
3. Techroll if you get hit by Dair.
4. If you get hit by D-Tilt, then Step 4 has to be buffered. Then again, you shouldn't get hit by d-tilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom