• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

There's Shroom for More! Toadette Runs into Smash (Deluxe version)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Toadette Runs into Smash!

Who is this little funky fungus friend?
Toadette made her first appearance in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! as Toad's partner.
Since then, the two were seen together in games like Mario Party, Mario Kart and most recently as a smarter-than-the-smarties treasure hunter duo in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker with Toadette joining the Toad Brigade in Super Mario Odyssey.
She also made appearances in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, acting as a guide in both games.

Why
would Toadette be in Smash?
Toadette has garnered quite a track record in recent years.
Starting with co-starring with Captain Toad in Treasure Tracker, Toadette since then has appeared in notable games such as Super Mario Run as a base roster character, joining Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi and Toad in a platformer adventure and acting as a supporting character for Toad Race and Super Mario Odyssey as Archivist Toadette, handing out Power Moons as Mario completes various achievements.

How could Toadette get in Smash?
There are two ways for Toadette to get in Smash, one more likelier than the other.
The first way is to be promoted from an eventual Captain Toad alt to her own playable slot, just like Dark Pit and Lucina got updated from an alternate costume as well. Considering Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker featured her as a playable character in quite a few levels, this would be a sensible way to include her in a stool-proof way!

The second way, getting introduced as a unique character, is of course less likely but still not impossible.
Super Mario Run got revealed in September 2016 and released in December of that same year. If Sakurai took note of this game and saw Toadette's sizeable role in that game, he could've chose Toadette to be a character.
Furthermore, if for some reason Sakurai believes "regular Toad" is too generic to be in Smash, he might opt for Toadette instead.

What could Toadette do in Smash?
Aside from having access to the same moveset potential as Captain Toad and sharing various attributes with Toad (Please refer to the (Captain) Toad-thread for these), Super Mario Run gives her some own tricks up her sleeve.
In that game, a mode called Toad Run has the player rally as many Toads as possible by performing tricks and advanced techniques.
Since Toads are commonly portrayed as a group, Toadette could use that by harnessing the power of a crowd of Toads to power-up her specials.
For example, her Down B could be a Giant Turnip. Toadette cannot pluck this behemoth plant alone, but the more Toads she has in her inventory (displayed next to her stock icons), the easier it goes.
Smashes can be Toadette waving a flag around, sending a stampede of shrooms forwards.
The fancier the tricks, in this case, comboes she performs, the more Toads this fungus-fraulein can use for her army.

Captain Toad thread:
https://smashboards.com/threads/toad-captain-toad-for-smash-toad-brigade-assemble.446361/

The Fungus Among Us:
Support
List
WeirdChillFever
jreed3842
YoshiandToad
Runic_SSB
Inawordyes

Last edited:

jreed3842

Smash Apprentice
You can certainly add me to the list!
I support all types of fungi for Smash!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Feels only right I support Toadette too!

She's in a odd position in as much as I can't see her getting in on her own, but the SECOND either Toad OR Captain Toad get in, she's practically guaranteed as an alt for either male Toad.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Feels only right I support Toadette too!

She's in a odd position in as much as I can't see her getting in on her own, but the SECOND either Toad OR Captain Toad get in, she's practically guaranteed as an alt for either male Toad.
I definitely can't see her being in before a version of Toad, except when Sakurai really goes out of his way to not add regular Toad but I don't think that's very likely.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
I always really liked Toadette, especially in Thousand-Year Door and Mario Odyssey. Sign me up!

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Toadette is one of the more obvious clone picks to pad out the roster later on as soon as Toad gets into the game, and I support all Toads, so sign me up!

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Toadette is one of the more obvious clone picks to pad out the roster later on as soon as Toad gets into the game, and I support all Toads, so sign me up!
Added to the support list!

So here's a question: Provided Captain Toad gets in with a Captain Toadette alt, what attribute would you change for Toadette to give her her own slot. For example, Lucina cut Marth's tippers for her own playstyle, Dark Pit got his own Final Smash etc

Luminario

Smash Lord
I just adore Toadette. Thankfully, if any Toad gets into Smash then she's extremely likely to be added as an alt.
I see a lot of promise in her as a Toad army leader summoner-esque fighter, seeing as how she's seen as a celebrity amongst Toads apparently. She could summon smaller Toads (you know the smaller version of Cpt Toad with the inverted head colours? those kinda ones) to attack for her. She could summon one each side for down smash, use Enlarge from the baseball games for up smash, use all the inspiration from Cpt Toad for a plethora of attacks including down B turnip pull where they're heavy as crates instead of Peach's held turnips and up B fan platform that shoots straight up then slowly lowers down, being the first character to create an actual moving platform.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I've only played Mario Strikers for my GameCube. I'm planning on getting Mario Tennis Open for my 3DS. I support! One question: Is she playable?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I think this warrants a bump?

image.jpg

That's right! If you don't count Super Mario Run, Toadette is now playable in a 2D Mario platformer! This puts her in the same breath as Mario, Peach, Toad and Rosalina!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Toadette becoming Peachette is possibly the weirdest Mario power up I've ever seen...

...wait...you know how Toad is her bodyguard...is Toadette her body double in case she gets kidnapped?

...WAIT HAS PEACH BEEN KIDNAPPED EVERY TIME OR IS IT TOADETTE?!? THE MARIO LORE IS TURNED ON IT'S HEAD.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just want to know if Peach is actually just a mushroom that got powered up

But at the same time, we've seen peach as a baby.

Would Daisy just be some mushroom powered up or some kind of Sarasaland equivalent

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
...WAIT HAS PEACH BEEN KIDNAPPED EVERY TIME OR IS IT TOADETTE?!? THE MARIO LORE IS TURNED ON IT'S HEAD.
It happened one time in Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga but it was Birdo who was disguised as Peach.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Toadette becoming Peachette is possibly the weirdest Mario power up I've ever seen...

...wait...you know how Toad is her bodyguard...is Toadette her body double in case she gets kidnapped?

i think you might be reading to much into this

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So...

Toadette got a butt ton more moveset potential now... along with a million questions raised.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I can see it now... Peachette will be added in Mario Kart and other spin-off games in the future.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Happy International Women's Day!

View attachment 265138

Posted by request of fogbadge fogbadge
But didnt Miyamoto say all Toads are Genderless?

also i think Neither Peach nor Daisy need to be included they Probably have Days Dedicated to them in Shasrahla Land and the Mooshroom Kingdom and i would say Toadette is more a girl

I do think Rosalina need to be included the Most she probably has a lot of Trauma and Technicly isnt in an position of Power (if you dont count Goddess??? is she a Goddess its never really specified or Mother)

But thats just my opinion

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Yeah im pretty sure maybe sexless fits better
Of course i could have been misinformed but i looked it up and yeah on a German site they specify it
The Producer Of Captain Toad says so

Because im a Head cannon Freak my answer is that the Mushrooms are the "sexparts" but theyre diffrent beings
Which could explain why Toad and Toadette look identical so the answer would be spores probably

Edit: Yeah it wasnt Miymoto i mixed it up with the other Interview that came out arround this time but its still true

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah im pretty sure maybe sexless fits better
Of course i could have been misinformed but i looked it up and yeah on a German site they specify it
The Producer Of Captain Toad says so

Because im a Head cannon Freak my answer is that the Mushrooms are the "sexparts" but theyre diffrent beings
Which could explain why Toad and Toadette look identical so the answer would be spores probably
I think the stork brings them

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I think the stork brings them
Ah yes i forgot

But isnt this just a storybook told to little Toads (would explain the Artstyle)

But if not reffering to Flowers and Bees then why was this statement Made its like DONT THINK ABOUT IT and now i think about it Thanks Developer Dude

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Toadette announced for Mario Golf.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Top Bottom