• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

There needs actual Triple Deluxe Representation in the game

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
For one, most of his moves look boring recycled (TO ME) for the past 2-4 games. His Up smash could be the Spiral Horn grounded(and not rising or invincible), Down Smash be Tinker melody(fully charged) or sting ding(not fully charged). His tilt could be Baton, rolls be Somersault and Backsault(it would be canon in the games you're invincible during the moves but can't cancel it). Versiaons of his Up-B could be Spear Copter and Trampoline( Similar to Pacs, but jumps again if you press at the right time). HE could duck, crawl and shoot(obviously not infinite distance) with camoflage, shield with a random sield(Leaf Guard, Bell Block, Ice whatever,). his grab could be whip, with v

Then music. CROWNED should be in no questions, and I don't care that it is from Return To Dream land. But Sectonia Soul's theme should be in. Remixed obviously.

As for stages, Floralia should be a dual plane stage, the whole game revolves around the Foreground<->Backround mechanic, and is in Floralia. I think the mechanic matters more is this game than DKCR. Dream stalk should be either a transitioning stage, or vertically scrolling one, stopping at Level or stages within the games to cause mayhem

Obviously there shouldn't be that much, in fact while i was writing this i found a whole moveset for him with just Copy abilities introduced or featuring in Triple Deluxe and Return to Dream Land. But don't you think Sakurai's newest game for his series should get a mention? There is literally nothing in smash mentioning it exists. Apart from a few trophies i may have missed, there seems to be nothing.

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
It's the Ultra Sword, from Kirby's Return to Dream Land.

If that's not what you mean, please tell me what you mean.
No, you are right. His Final Smash represent his newest game. That was the point to my comment.

Last edited:

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
No, you are right. His Final Smash represent his newest game. That was the point to my comment.
Kirby's Return to Dream Land actually isn't the newest game, Kirby triple Deluxe is.

I'd just choose Hyper nova Kirby if i was making it from the latest game. He would eat miracle fruit and for 20 seconds walk around with infinite jumps pressing attack to suck in people with a huge cyclone, giving him heavy armor while he attacks(like in the games), and then he spits out everything, including the fruit, reverting him back but doing more damage to anyone caught by him or hit by the stuff spit out.

But it isn't, and to be honest it hardly matters.

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
If I hear Moonlight Blossom or Dirty and Beauty, I'll be content.

Last edited:

oGr33n

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3050-7615-9118
I'm expecting representation from Return to Dreamland, hopefully a stage. For Triple Deluxe, I think a music piece is likely. I'm basing this off brawl, and how most of the most modern kirby games at that time only received some type of ost. Kirby trophies were based around the most recent games usually so there's that.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
I'm expecting representation from Return to Dreamland, hopefully a stage. For Triple Deluxe, I think a music piece is likely. I'm basing this off brawl, and how most of the most modern kirby games at that time only received some type of ost. Kirby trophies were based around the most recent games usually so there's that.
Apparently the currently known Kirby stages are just both from Kirby Super Star and Super Star Ultra. I hope there's a hidden stage from one of those game, though.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
UGH representation from a modern Kirby title would be so welcomed. Sakurai hasn't repped a new series outside of stickers and a few tracks in Brawl. Ultra Sword is the only thing he probably just ripped the attack itself from rtdl just to replace his less useful chef attack.

I want to see a stage, a character, a trophy, SOMETHING from a Kirby game from the last 10 years. Holy Hell, if this were the Mario franchise, it'd be like not referencing Galaxy or NSMB, and still just getting your rep material from Mario World SNES.
It's pretty messed up how little acknowledgement Sakurai gives to Kirby's recent outings.

I need to see more rep of his recent outings. Both Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe.

Last edited:

Overmaster

Hibiki for Smash 4 DLC!
People gotta respect Return to Dreamland. I know Triple Deluxe sold better because RtD was sold at the end of the Wii's life cycle, but damn. If you liked Triple Deluxe but never played Return to Dreamland, think of it as Triple Deluxe HD.

I found the music, graphics, and... Everything! at an all time high for the Kirby series. It was also longer.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I actually wanted to get it, but even nowadays it's hard to find it for a reasonable price. You would think a used game like that would drop to like $30 and below, but at places like Gamestop it's only FIVE dollars less for a used game. Even Ebay isn't cheap.

I should emulate it

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
UGH representation from a modern Kirby title would be so welcomed. Sakurai hasn't repped a new series outside of stickers and a few tracks in Brawl. Ultra Sword is the only thing he probably just ripped the attack itself from rtdl just to replace his less useful chef attack.

I want to see a stage, a character, a trophy, SOMETHING from a Kirby game from the last 10 years. Holy Hell, if this were the Mario franchise, it'd be like not referencing Galaxy or NSMB, and still just getting your rep material from Mario World SNES.
It's pretty messed up how little acknowledgement Sakurai gives to Kirby's recent outings.

I need to see more rep of his recent outings. Both Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe.
A stage: Another Dimension or Dreamstalk.
Character: Magolor(how will this even work..) or Bandana Dee.
Trophy: A bunch of keychains, Queen Sectonia, the Lor Starship.

You are right though. The only representation of RTD is the Final Smash, and TD is the rolls.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
If Mega Man could get a ton of his power ups and moves as various attacks, I have to say, it sucks that Kirby couldn't have gotten a few of his for himself. His smashes especially could've been some of his power-ups. And why couldn't they use his burning move for his dash?

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
They did and it suck! Unless you use the Project M version. Then it was okay.

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
If Mega Man could get a ton of his power ups and moves as various attacks, I have to say, it sucks that Kirby couldn't have gotten a few of his for himself. His smashes especially could've been some of his power-ups. And why couldn't they use his burning move for his dash?
The burning dash was much worse than his current dash attack. Why do people love it so much?

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, wtf? Isn't this like the first Smash where theres actually representation from modern gen games?
3D Land, FE:A, Sticker Star, and new Pokemons are all represented in the 3DS version, but NOTHING Triple Deluxe related? **** is truely baffling. Even in the WiiU version Mario Kart 8 and NSMBU are getting represented
I don't remember any GC games being repped in Melee or Wii games being repped in Brawl. (Not counting trophies at least)

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Seriously, wtf? Isn't this like the first Smash where theres actually representation from modern gen games?
3D Land, FE:A, Sticker Star, and new Pokemons are all represented in the 3DS version, but NOTHING Triple Deluxe related? **** is truely baffling. Even in the WiiU version Mario Kart 8 and NSMBU are getting represented
I don't remember any GC games being repped in Melee or Wii games being repped in Brawl. (Not counting trophies at least)
Well, there's the rolls(from Circus Kirby), and Final smash form RTD. Then that's it. Not even a move, or music, or anything. It couldn't have killed Sakurai to put a Sectonia or Dreamstalk trophy?

Last edited:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Floral Fields is a song in the Wii U version of Smash. Don't know why it wasn't on the 3DS version but oh well, at least we get a Triple Deluxe reference.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
☯ Floral Fields is a song in the Wii U version of Smash. Don't know why it wasn't on the 3DS version but oh well, at least we get a Triple Deluxe reference.
Cool. Which song is that again?

Yeah, i guessed so. But RTD gets an FS, all that TD deluxe gets is a dodge roll, which isn't from TD, but rather inspirred something to get into TD.

Either way 3DS has no TD representation. None. Not even a trophy. At least Wii U version has a song.

Last edited:

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
Honestly, If they would have changed a lot of his moves in favor of new games, it would have turned off some kirby mains. I've been using Kirby as a secondary, and I'm very happy with how he plays and would have been kind of unhappy if they had majorly changed anything in favor of his newest games.

Augi Jr.

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I had fully expected Kirby's new Final Smash to be Hyper Nova Kirby, it baffles me as to why that wasn't the case.

But for those who think Kirby doesn't use many stolen abilities with his current move set, he does. I'm sure the OP knows all this, but some may not...

Currently, Fighter Kirby, Throw Kirby, Hammer Kirby, Cutter Kirby, Rock Kirby and Yo-Yo Kirby make up the Smash Bros Kirby move-set.

While we could change his core moves to some of the newer hat's he's gained in recent adventures...
Something I would've found interesting would be adding in Canon Kirby Hats, from Smashes Non-Canon Enemies.

Note: I was going to just list a few, then I challenged myself to find a fit for them all.... so...

Example: Sucking up Little Mac/DK/Ganon/CF/Diddy gives you the Fighter Kirby hat and an additional "Fighter Kirby" Ability (perhaps Energy Blast...).
Sucking up Toon/Link/MK/Lucina/Marth/Ike/Shulk would give you a Sword Kirby ability.
Sucking up Pit/Pittoo gives you a Cupid Kirby hat and ability
Ness, you get another Yo-yo Kirby ability
Pikachu/?Zelda?, you get a Lightning Kirby hat and ability
Bowser/Charizard/Mario/Luigi a Fire Kirby hat and ability
Greninja/Shiek you get a Ninja Kirby ability
Sonic/Wario/Yoshi you get a Wheel Kirby ability
Jigglypuff, you get Sleep Kirby (lol)
Rob/Fox/Falco/Megaman you get a Laser Kirby ability
DeDeDe you get another Hammer Kirby ability
Robin Gives you a random hat between Fire/Lightning/Wind
ZSS gives you Whip Kirby
Samus/Lucario you get Plasma Kirby
Peach, Umbrella Kirby
(starting to run out of logical hat connections now)
Villager/DHD/Olimar gives you Animal (Digging) Kirby?
G&W, Bell Kirby?
Rosalina, Magic Kirby?
Pac-Man/Bowser Jr.....Circus Kirby?
Palutena... Spear?
Ice Climbers, Ice Kir- oh wait...

Doctor Mario, Wii Fit Trainer, .... I have no idea..... Thoughts?

Obviously I'm not saying this would be better (after all, Kirby going "FALCO PAAANCH" is just too adorable) but it would be interesting....

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I'm sort of pissed that Fountain of Dreams didn't return in the Wii U version.

chaosmasterro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chaosmasterro
I always wanted Kirby to be able to eat objects (items) and be able spit them out as starshot projectiles.

RedNova

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
NNID
Sam-Harness
3DS FC
0516-8001-1795
Although I'm a Kirby main, I would not mind if they changed some of his smash attacks, as long as they look cool. And wow, would it be cool of his upsmash was beetle and down smash was bell. Forward smash is from fighter, so its ok as it is. Heck, it could even be a buff to Kirby, as he would have new and more efective hitboxes.

RedNova

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
NNID
Sam-Harness
3DS FC
0516-8001-1795
@ |RK| |RK| yeah, Kirby fighters was practically smash bros. Sword being SS tier

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I really want some more KRtD and KTD rep. I played both games so I know a few details that could of worked. The Lor Starcutter could have made a stage with the landia in the background. I think Kirby's final smash is a clone of Link's. Dirty and Beautiful is just a remix of Zero2's theme(which is already in the game but now some random guy is screaming bacon in the background). Moonlight Blossom can still work though. But what about Kirby mass attack or squeak squad? Those games hardly get any rep at all.
I love the fountain of dreams stage in general. Plus it would still make a good competitive stage.
Y Sakuriguy u no put moar knew Kirby rep.

TealPlatypus

Smash Cadet
Kirby could have had so much variety in his custom moves. I mean, he has so many different copy abilities with so many different movesets. It's pretty disappointing that Ice Breath is all we got, and even that's just a re-textured Inhale.

Imagine if it something like this:

Neutral B 1: Inhale
Neutral B 2: Beam Whip / Wave Beam
Neutral B 3: Bomb Throw

Side B 1: Hammer Flip
Side B 2: Burning Attack
Side B 3: Cutter Dash

Up B 1: Final Cutter
Up B 2: Hi-Jump
Up B 3: Rising Break

Down B 1: Stone
Down B 2: Dive Bomb
Down B 3: Reflect Guard

It sucks that Palutena is pretty much the only one with real variety in her custom moves. :\

Last edited:

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
Yeah it would've been really nice to see more of Kirby's copy abilities in his custom moves. He has such a large pool of moves to select from yet he has the same situational specials in every iteration of Smash. :( Kirby does get some nice customs but it would've been nice to see more variety rather than variations of his current specials.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I agree, I'm really disappointed in how Sakurai chose to handle the Kirby franchise this game. He chose to champion Kid Icarus and left kirby in the dust like he was the red-headed stepchild. While I can't say much on Kirby's moveset, there's definitely a good number of songs that should've been in.
Here's some from my list:
RtD- Vs. Magolor, Looming Darkness
Triple Deluxe- All 3 Sectonia forms
The Arena (why the hell hasn't this been put in yet)
Tempest Tower (the only Butter Building rendition I like)

Last edited:

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I also just noticed that two Kirby in Smash 4 stages are from Kirby Super Star. But no new stages from the newer games.

Top Bottom