• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

There is One Thing I'll Never Understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
Why people hate taunt parties. I mean, seriously, if you want a competitive match, why use 'With Anyone' in the first place? And taunting and ganging up on people is hella fun when you're really bored. Taunt parties can be avoided by playing with people using friend codes, so if what's not to like?

POKE40

Smash Lord
D: I had a post but I accidentally refreshed.

stupid backspace...

people who suck => people can't fight 3 => people can't fight 3 people on an alliance => people complain => people hate "With anyone" taunt parties.

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
perhaps they don't have anyone else to play but they want to brawl
perhaps people don't like extremely unfair fights
perhaps they wonder why people get on with anyone just to tap the taunt button(or other for the likes of kirby, etc.), perhaps

BSP

Smash Legend
you're right about fighting friends to avoid them. I just find taunt parties boring

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
You'll never understand because you don't want to. We're not looking for competitive matches, just matches. Care-free fighting! Search your mind, it is possible.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Why, because some of us don't want to fight friends. Maybe their friends aren't on. Or maybe just maybe WE WANT TO DO WHAT THE GAME WAS INTENDED FOR YOU TO DO, FIGHT!! Are you the guy who gets ganged up on? No, your not. Its fun to tear taunt parties apart, you can taunt party with friends. Sometimes you find a good match on basic brawl. Maybe you should think about the guys gettin' ganged up on. As TheZizz said we want matches. I'm also quite sure that many many people don't even know about smash boards. This game is played by people of all ages. Some don't know how to get friend codes. You must think about it. Not everyone can get friend codes.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I like taunt parties. I just don't like when the other guys are morons, not letting me fight/stealing my kills in 3vs1's, or just plain jerks. Seems most taunt parties are like that these days. I don't care if the player is good or not, but if they're jerks to me I'll fight them.

Dalub

Smash Apprentice
I don't play Basic Brawl 4 that x.x...
I don't like taunt parties D:

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
You'll never understand because you don't want to. We're not looking for competitive matches, just matches. Care-free fighting! Search your mind, it is possible.
I'm not saying it's not possible, I was sort of posting this thinking that most of the people here do have a competitive mindset, this is the (in)famous Smash World Forums.

Why, because some of us don't want to fight friends. Maybe their friends aren't on. Or maybe just maybe WE WANT TO DO WHAT THE GAME WAS INTENDED FOR YOU TO DO, FIGHT!! Are you the guy who gets ganged up on? No, your not. Its fun to tear taunt parties apart, you can taunt party with friends. Sometimes you find a good match on basic brawl. Maybe you should think about the guys gettin' ganged up on. As TheZizz said we want matches. I'm also quite sure that many many people don't even know about smash boards. This game is played by people of all ages. Some don't know how to get friend codes. You must think about it. Not everyone can get friend codes.
But you all are on a site where getting friend codes is possible, and if you can't (for some unknown reason) get friend codes here, there is the less popular but more Wifi oriented AiB you can go too. I used to be ganged up on by taunt parties. Then I found AiB and played in friend rooms with fun to play with competitive people (even FFAs), now I don't even see taunt parties.

Whoa what? There's already a thread for this?! That's... pretty unlikely

Usually, the players that taunt and... er, hump the ground endlessly in a taunt party suck. Players that **** around are the ones that scrubs should be annoyed by >_>.
On a message board, bumping threads from months ago (i.e. FEBRUARY) is generally frowned upon. Nice try though.

And I obviously suck at this game. Most def.
Keep them coming folks.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Taunt parties are not a wonder when you look at today's cartoons, you will see kids are being raised on dull, lifeless anti-entertainment. No desire for excitement. No fun for others is their fun. Luigi has nothing on this negative zone.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Taunt parties are like a great belch after a tasty meal.
Taunt parties are a salute to your fellow brawlers.
Taunt parties are a demonstration of AT/glitches/anything cool looking
Taunt parties are highly addictive.
Taunt parties are highly infectious.
Taunt parties are here to stay.

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
September 2nd is a month ago?
Why would I post in a thread made months ago? If a thread is dead and some idiot bumps it, why would you post in it. Unless the thread has some sort of value, which threads like these really don't, all you are doing is teaching the poor fool that bumping dead threads is ok. And maybe I should have looked for a thread better, but we are already in a discussion, so why not focus on the topic at hand instead of trying to make me look like an idiot for making a thread that has already been made. And if the mods truly cared about this, they would have locked this already.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Why would I post in a thread made months ago? If a thread is dead and some idiot bumps it, why would you post in it. Unless the thread has some sort of value, which threads like these really don't, all you are doing is teaching the poor fool that bumping dead threads is ok. And maybe I should have looked for a thread better, but we are already in a discussion, so why not focus on the topic at hand instead of trying to make me look like an idiot for making a thread that has already been made. And if the mods truly cared about this, they would have locked this already.
Lurk more, please. The longest gap between bumps within the past two months has been close to a week at the most.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I like taunt parties. I just don't like when the other guys are morons, not letting me fight/stealing my kills in 3vs1's, or just plain jerks. Seems most taunt parties are like that these days. I don't care if the player is good or not, but if they're jerks to me I'll fight them.
Heh, I'm usually the jerk in taunt parties. It's quite funny how they get mad and try to take a stock off me. What I usually do is kiill a fellow taunter and run around Hyrule Temple.
Occasionally I'll come across a good player who can actually rival me, and there are times where I take a stock off a bad player only to have them spawn as Giga Bowser next game.

Ah ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom