There Is One They Fear: Dragonborn Shouts Them Down!

Have you played Skyrim?

• Yes

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • Skooma

Votes: 26 29.2%

• Total voters

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
It's possible, but I don't think they've moved up any from (in my own eyes) the Top Ten for Third Party franchises.

MeekMeek93

Smash Cadet
Skyrim is the biggest game of last gen, and it’s still relevant today. Not to mention that Bethesda published three games on switch, and that number is getting higher. Even if it’s from a western studio, it definitely made its mark on the world

Bobthealligator

Smash Apprentice
Dovahkiin actually seems pretty low on the list, unfortunately.

The most requested/likely Western 3rd parties I see around are:
  • Rayman (Ubisoft), based on the random trophy he got in the last game
  • Banjo-Kazooie (Formerly Rare, now Microsoft), since they were big names in the N64 era around the time of DK64, which went away once Rare got bought out
  • Steve (Minecraft, now Microsoft) for being a worldwide phenomenon. For me, though, I'd see a stage much more likely than the PC since the game is all about what you can make
  • Shovel Knight and Shantae (Indie)
I think Dovahkiin also gets hurt a bit since requests for him didn't really crop up until after the Skyrim port was announced, which was WAY after the ballot. Honestly the two Bethesda guys and Solaire are all suffereing from this while the others aren't

Still, Smash has never had a western 3rd party character. Sakurai likes to have creative control but be accurate to the character, so there may be a lot of language barriers in addition to legal barriers. Add to that that a lot of these characters are "Hello, [INSERT NAME HERE]" player characters, and things are not good for most of them outside of BK and Rayman.

I think Dovahkiin's best chances would be if Skyrim really impressed Sakurai and the Japanese. Breath of the Wild definitely did feel like a Bethesda-esque RPG, and they definitely did talk to each other to put some Zelda stuff in the Skyrim port. The Shouts would make for a really fun playstyle, but with few requests...it's not looking good. I can still dream though.

Alduin would make a great boss. I dunno if we'll be getting SSE back, but I think a new Smash Run is logical, and I'd love to see the Draugr in there. They look so good in Skyrim, and they're pretty iconic enemies in their own right.
Shovel Knight is an Assist Trophy and Shantae a spirit (Piranha Plant doesn't have one) Both Steve and Banjo are owned by a direct competitor and yes Phil Spencer says he'd be fine with it but he's not the only person making decisions.

HenryXLII

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
NNID
HenryXLII
This would bring in a TON of PC gamers which is the one audience Smash does not appeal to at the moment, and I am fairly certain Nintendo would capitalize on this character. EVERYONE knows who this guy is, and the moveset would be hella awesome! While Skyrim is not my cup of tea, I fully support this and even expect the Dragon Born to be DLC.

rat.jpg

Smash Apprentice
Everyone wonders why Dragonborn's patch file size is 14.3 gb
Someone uses the Final Smash for the first time
The screen fades to black
Suddenly all the fighters are on a wagon and some text appears on the screen
"Bethesda presents..."
"The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim"

Proceleon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
NNID
Proceleon
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
A thread for Dragonborn as DLC? Heck yes!
I've always imagined their intro sequence being Link surrounded by Rathalos, Charizard and Ridley when all three are blasted away by Unrelenting Force. Link looks around to see Dragonborn, steel sword in hand, when a Skyrim dragon (probably Alduin) lands behind him and both Dragonborn and Link face Alduin together.
In all seriousness though, I do think Dragonborn would be a great choice.

Aurane

♪horns♪
Premium
Switch FC
SW-0673-8404-9219
I haven't been here in a little while. So lets try to rile up a discussion: if The Elder Scrolls series had Spirits, what would they be, what would they do, and are they enhancable?

I'll start:

Name: Delphine (Inn Keeper)
Type: Primary (Attack)
Slots: 2
Effect: Enhancable At Level 99
-
Enhance Name: Delphine (Blades Armor)
Type: Primary (Attack)
Slots: 2
Effect: Weapon Resist Up
-----
Name: Dremora
Type: Support
Cost: 1
Effect: Fire Damage Up

Soness621

Smash Rookie
Trailer:

Ice Climbers are trying to get to the top of a snowy mountain. They stumble upon a stairway made of stone that comes from way down the mountain. They follow it for a few meters till they reach its end. Suddenly a big white figure roars from the top of a rock and assaults them. As it is about to attack, the frost troll is stomped on by an even bigger figure. Its a dragon. It catches one of the climbers with its teeth. “Deep drums start sounding “A known tune with manly voices singing monosyllabes in dragon tongue starts ” His sister tries to free him, but the dragon sends her flying to a nearby rock with just one movement of its wings. The climber tries to free himself, but it is useless. The camera now shows the feet of a man stepping into the fight. “ooooooaaaaaaaaOOOOOAAAAAH” The dragon drops the climber and turns to the newcomer. FUS RO DAH! “Dohvakin Dohvakin naal ok zin los vahriin ...” THE DRAGONBORN SHOUTS THEM DOWN!

Daedra

uwu
Premium
Trailer:

Ice Climbers are trying to get to the top of a snowy mountain. They stumble upon a stairway made of stone that comes from way down the mountain. They follow it for a few meters till they reach its end. Suddenly a big white figure roars from the top of a rock and assaults them. As it is about to attack, the frost troll is stomped on by an even bigger figure. Its a dragon. It catches one of the climbers with its teeth. “Deep drums start sounding “A known tune with manly voices singing monosyllabes in dragon tongue starts ” His sister tries to free him, but the dragon sends her flying to a nearby rock with just one movement of its wings. The climber tries to free himself, but it is useless. The camera now shows the feet of a man stepping into the fight. “ooooooaaaaaaaaOOOOOAAAAAH” The dragon drops the climber and turns to the newcomer. FUS RO DAH! “Dohvakin Dohvakin naal ok zin los vahriin ...” THE DRAGONBORN SHOUTS THEM DOWN!
u snapped