• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

There is not enough focus on balancing the game for 3 and 4 player battles

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
When we speak about character balance here, almost everyone talks about 1 on 1 battles, right? I think it is time to talk about 3 an 4 player battles as well.

As the glaring obvious example, Cloud is not OP in 1 on 1 battles because of his weak recover and bad end lag. However, in 3 and 4 player battles he is horribly overpowered to the point that it ruins the experience when you face a Cloud player who knows what he is doing. Too many of his moves have 2,457,835 hit frames, and they are all strong. He can also play like an opportunist coward by charging his limit gauge while other players fight.

Especially, his dash attack and his up B are very easy and effective to spam in 3 and 4 player battles. Same goes for Ikes up B by the way. Clouds attacks are basically walls coming at you. Like his Smash attack. Does not matter if you try to sidestep it, because it keeps on going for so long you will be hit by it anyway.

Maybe people see 3 and 4 player battles as party battles and do not care about skill, but I think Sakurai and his team could do a much better work at balancing the characters for these kind of battles. As a matter of fact, why not CHANGE the characters depending on if it is a 1 on 1 or more players? That should be possible, at least for future titles.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Personally I think he is fine in 3/4 player battles and that people should take note of that and attack him. Like you said he has some glaringly obvious weaknesses, you can't be an opportunist in those kinds of battles if you're being attacked.

Also you should probably play doubles in group battles.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
Personally I think he is fine in 3/4 player battles and that people should take note of that and attack him. Like you said he has some glaringly obvious weaknesses, you can't be an opportunist in those kinds of battles if you're being attacked.

Also you should probably play doubles in group battles.
Are you a Cloud player maybe? Haha.

I think his "walls" are what makes him OP in 3 and 4 player battles. His attacks simply have too many hit frames, which means Cloud players do not have to time their attacks. That is a huge advantage.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
1 on 1s arent even balanced. What are you talking about. Smash is all about 4 player so , its more "balanced" than 1 on 1. Does k rools armor for example even matter if everyones attacking him or eachother at once. Playing 1 vs 1 is how you really see how unbalanced a 70 character roster is.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
1v1 is more balanced since you have the advantage of focusing on one opponent. When you play 3/4 player battles it gets more complicated. If you want to play competitive with three people just to a rotation. If you have four people try doubles.

Top Bottom