• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

there are 2 types of sonic players

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
the kind that just spam his dash roll spin whatever, and the kind that actually realize he has smash attacks and other moves that are pretty good......

but what the **** dudes, i played a sonic yesterday, THE ONLY and im not exaggerating, the only move he used was B.
the B rolls, aerial B, whatever, it was hard to catch the little ho cus i was DK.
but heres evidence of the noobiness...he killed himself and i won, he ran off the edge with the roll LMFAO.

all characters are balanced but its like this...if you could have a thousand dollars right now but have your toe cut off next week would you? a logical man would say no, but these noob players say "YEH I LEIK MUNNY"

do any of you good sonics recognize there are people in your legions (just like ike players) who only pick him because of his speed?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Lolz, and im not really complaining to much about that. I find it very gratifying to totatly own new ppl online, or even my friends when they initaily must say (or think) "Pffft, Sonic, he sux teh ballz..." and then there like "Wow... he pwnt me, xD" "Never played a good sonic before"

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Oh, one example. I got a new person added off of GameFAQS, and he linked with some other ppl, added them too, and like... EVERY one had a taunt of "Sonic Sux" or "Sonics a furry #%&$*" so i won like.... 10 consecutived ffa matches and the other two quit...so i quit, change my down taunt to "My Sonic PWNS U Lol" and i joined them again, and spammed it EVERY mathc, and i won another 8 or so before they quit again... lolz

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
There are tons of players who only use B-moves as pretty much any character in the game. Seriously, there were Melee-players who spammed Peach Bomber.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
What yuna said.
You're always going to ifind some spammer of one sort or another.
Typical Ike's spam his Fsmash online.
Pit's spam the arrows and side B.

its nothing new but you can always be satisfied that you can smash them.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
What yuna said.
You're always going to ifind some spammer of one sort or another.
Typical Ike's spam his Fsmash online.
Pit's spam the arrows and side B.

its nothing new but you can always be satisfied that you can smash them.
Those are my least two favorite examples of spamming, *shudders* in FFA situations, Ike's Fsmash drives me nuts.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
there is no reason to complain about sonic spamming a move... for so many reasons.

yes he is fast and it may be annoying, but you said it yourself, you still won.

i mean ppl in melee used fox and it was annoying and fast(sheik too) but they won.

and before i hear any crying about sonic's annoying moves, or spam then i want to see one of 2 things:

1- i want to see YOU use sonic and win AT ALL because it aint easy kid, it takes heart, and a lot of overcoming the let downs to get good and win with sonic, spam or not.

2- i want to see people that use wolf and spam forward A and the laser not do that, especially if pppl are crying about sonic spamming.... not to mention marth fair.

so basicly... i think your argument is completely void of all logic.

yes there are people that dont have brains and spam 2 or 3 attacks, but with sonic they dont win, so just stop crying about it, it doesent even make sense.

i know im coming off as an arrogant prick right now, and im sorry... this issue hits home because when i beat people with sonic they commonly call me a spammer and say i dont know how to play even though i have to hit them and beat out their attacks so many times to land a kill, and then they hit me like 2 or 3 times with the same move and watch me fly into oblivion.

sonic takes skill. end of story. spam or no, u gotta use what wins. or sonic is toast.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I just feel that Sonic's B attacks are meant to be spammed... they're fast and good in combos.

Smashes for finisher purposes, really.

And what the poster above me said. =)

EDIT: "spam" not as in "omg h0min' atak gogogo *BBBBB*". I mean, use the B attacks a lot, but not in the same way. JCing before the opponent, using the Homing Attack delay for those who seem to be sidestepping your cancelled HA... Spin Dash instead of Spin Charge and vice-versa... etc.

And the Spring. Well, I like that move =P Spam it. (but NOT against Pikachu... for obvious reasons)

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
I will admit that I do spam the dash attack but often times it is an accident. I'm sure any descent Sonic player realizes that while running if you use your up smash, you continue moving forward and execute the up smash a moderate distance from where you originally input the attack. I also love sonic's airials along with short hopping into an fair. His smashes arent horrible either and his dair destroys snake's up smash which is a powerful and generally dangerous attack. I know I'm not the greatest sonic player out there but I try not to spam attacks like some of my friends.

Soloman

Smash Apprentice
Sad Wolf's laser effectively borks Sonic's bread and butter. But not as sad as Ice Climbers.
not at medium range. If i ever approach wolf with my sonic side b is best choice.
1) It cancels out u're laser and goes through it (the short hop his pretty **** good priority)
2) once through it can hit and start comboing....

I got the same results with down b when i charged from air once and landed. It went through wolfs laser once, and then again happened against pikachus lightning volley.

Top Bottom