• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well the Agnes Faker "leaker" say this for the lot of question we ask him .

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
There is like... a lot of faults with that image

It's definitely fake, no doubt about it lol

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hmm...I will admit....it's very strange to bring up a Bravely Default character like Agnes when no one would even expect her. And the way he just gave up like that without trying to prove himself.. It really seems like he was trying his best not to cause himself to be fired or anything of the sort.
Idk....we might just be mindblown with this....

Last edited:

Naoshi

I genuinely wonder why the hell the "leaker" goes through the effort of putting in Agnes and forgets half of the starting roster including every Pokemon, even Pikachu. Not to mention Agnes' model looks incredibly off and amateurish, it lacks the quality of genuine CG art out of this game. I mean the main reason why I believed the ESRB leak 100% when it was fresh and new because of the quality renders of the leaked characters, especially Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt Dog. But... Anges looks completely awful there, looks completely fan made.

I'm surprised some people were giving this a benefit of a doubt.

Hmm...I will admit....it's very strange to bring up a Bravely Default character like Agnes when no one would even expect her. And the way he just gave up like that without trying to prove himself.. It really seems like he was trying his best not to cause himself to be fired or anything of the sort.
Idk....we might just be mindblown with this....
Considering people harassed him over making this fake... it's not surprising lol. Some people behave like this when they are called out on faking things. It's nothing new.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I genuinely wonder why the hell the "leaker" goes through the effort of putting in Agnes and forgets half of the starting roster including every Pokemon, even Pikachu. Not to mention Agnes' model looks incredibly off and amateurish, it lacks the quality of genuine CG art out of this game. I mean the main reason why I believed the ESRB leak 100% when it was fresh and new because of the quality renders of the leaked characters, especially Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt Dog. But... Anges looks completely awful there.

well...in his defence- he did claim this was an earlier version that lacked some of the characters...
Also, I don't recall seeing that Anges model before.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I mean... just look at it, haha.
I mean, the font is off of course, and the series icon looks weird, but that render looks pretty legit...
I genuinely wonder why the hell the "leaker" goes through the effort of putting in Agnes and forgets half of the starting roster including every Pokemon, even Pikachu. Not to mention Agnes' model looks incredibly off and amateurish, it lacks the quality of genuine CG art out of this game. I mean the main reason why I believed the ESRB leak 100% when it was fresh and new because of the quality renders of the leaked characters, especially Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt Dog. But... Anges looks completely awful there.

I don't know, looking at Lucina and Palutena, I thought they looked pretty weird.

I guess I'm just hopeful since I'm close to beating the game but a certain event that happens a little more than midway through the game made me furious and forced me to quit playing. So I'm just looking for an excuse to start playing again XD
EDIT: Honestly though, I'd rather have Crono (but that'll never happen unfortunately)

Last edited:

Naoshi

well...in his defence- he did claim this was an earlier version that lacked some of the characters...
Also, I don't recall seeing that Anges model before.
That's his excuse...? That doesn't make sense, almost everyone at that point should've been finished by now lol

I mean, the font is off of course, and the series icon looks weird, but that render looks pretty legit...

I don't know, looking at Lucina and Palutena, I thought they looked pretty weird.

I guess I'm just hopeful since I'm close to beating the game but a certain event that happens a little more than midway through the game made me furious and forced me to quit playing. So I'm just looking for an excuse to start playing again XD
Lucina and Palutena may look weird, but their quality wasn't amatuerish.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
That's his excuse...? That doesn't make sense, almost everyone at that point should've been finished by now lol
Different people could be testing different characters of the game. I don't believe this was the full game as much as I believe it could of been a small slice of it used simply for the above reason.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Lucina and Palutena may look weird, but their quality wasn't amatuerish.
If you don't mind me asking, but how is that amateurish? Looking back at the ESRB leak, so many thought it was fake because of the Duck Hunt render. And then look what happened. And not to mention the CSS Leak, where people still believed it even with that odd... thing that he called "Ridley"

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm really optimist about the ToS and Smah World leak ...

But this one no , i can't . Just how did the **** can you do a character and misspell his name ? Her name his Agnès not Agnés .

And this story of render remind me the debate about Duck Hunt Duo render and Shulk/Little make same render photoshopped .

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman

But this one no , i can't . Just how did the **** can you do a character and misspell his name ? Her name his Agnès not Agnés .

And this story of render remind me the debate about Duck Hunt Duo render and Shulk/Little make same render photoshopped .
Oh, wow, I didn't notice the "e" thing, alright, that clears that up now XD

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

What? Her name is spelled right. :l

Edit: Wait...you mean the "E" ....

Last edited:

Naoshi

If you don't mind me asking, but how is that amateurish? Looking back at the ESRB leak, so many thought it was fake because of the Duck Hunt render. And then look what happened.
Honestly? I personally felt the Duck Hunt render was incredibly well made and felt like something that fitted the game, it looked way too official to not be fake. It was in fact why I thought the ESRB leak was 100% true in my eyes. If a fan were to make a Duck Hunt render, it would be more of a generic Duck Hunt fan render and wouldn't have as much creativity done to him.

And not to mention the CSS Leak, where people still believed it even with that odd... thing that he called "Ridley"
Huh?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Why are we arguing about the Agnès "leak", the simple fact that the name is misspelled already debunks it.

Although it doesn't necessarily mean she will not show up, as she'll be a well-received, overall great choice for Smash.

Besides, since the game is only coming in about a month for America and Canada, the game should be nearly finished and in its debug period. So Sakurai may be on the thinking process for potential DLC, if he wants to put that kind of content in his game.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Uhhhh... I seriously doubt Agnes will ever get in Smash, not until BD becomes a huge franchise. SE would far more likely choose a FF character.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
If square enix could have a playable rep in smash bros don't you think they'd want Geno. Beware the Forest's Mushrooms could be in then.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Back at E3, there was a "CSS Leak" and the dude posted this weird picture with Ridley in it... and it looked really weird. But, anyways, I know for a fact now that it's fake because of the misspelling, so not point in arguing (not that we were anyways XD )
Uhhhh... I seriously doubt Agnes will ever get in Smash, not until BD becomes a huge franchise. SE would far more likely choose a FF character.
Then what character would they even put in? Isn't there like... a rule that says each character has to come from at least one game on a Nintendo console? That already rules out Cloud (I think) and Lightning. Personally, I'd love to see Agnes or Crono though. And as for BD not being big enough... I thought it was pretty big. With the limited editions, them selling out, and with an upcoming sequel, I wouldn't be surprised if Agnes made it
EDIT: Oh yeah... Black Mage...

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If square enix could have a playable rep in smash bros don't you think they'd want Geno. Beware the Forest's Mushrooms could be in then.
Sega got Sonic
Capcom got Mega Man
Namco got Pac Man

And the only thing you can say for square-enix is geno ? Remind me this silly fan-roster . If S-E get a character it would be an iconique one , like Moggle/Chocobo/Black-Mage/Chrono... Not one of those collab rpg with Mario AGAIN , 9 mario rep would be silly .

Naoshi

Back at E3, there was a "CSS Leak" and the dude posted this weird picture with Ridley in it... and it looked really weird. But, anyways, I know for a fact now that it's fake because of the misspelling, so not point in arguing (not that we were anyways XD )

Then what character would they even put in? Isn't there like... a rule that says each character has to come from at least one game on a Nintendo console? That already rules out Cloud (I think) and Lightning. Personally, I'd love to see Agnes or Crono though. And as for BD not being big enough... I thought it was pretty big. With the limited editions, them selling out, and with an upcoming sequel, I wouldn't be surprised if Agnes made it
EDIT: Oh yeah... Black Mage...
Blac-

oh you edited lol

There's also creative potential use on the classic NES FF characters. It's up to them on how to implement it.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Man, I agree that this is probably fake, but I personally think that Agnes as a character would be genius. Not only is she a pivotal character in Bravely Default, a currently for sale 3ds game, but she's also a central character in its sequel, Bravely Second, which will also come out for the 3ds some time after the WiiU version of the game.

I'm realizing how genius Agnes being added would be. Oh my god. Her model doesn't look familiar to me, so I'm hopeful, but other pars do seem fake. But I really want to believe...

Naoshi

I've never played Bravely Default but what is exactly genius about adding Anges?

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I've never played Bravely Default but what is exactly genius about adding Anges?
As I just explained, she is relevant because she is a main character in a game that is currently out and a game which is about to come out. She could get these games sales. With eShop downloads, a 3ds sale of BD can still net Nintendo a profit, and advertising a game that is coming out soon is simply incredible to do.

Also, BD is essentially a reboot of classic FF, with a similar job system and gameplay. It even has a lot of the same jobs and what not. In that way she also represents classic FF.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
As I just explained, she is relevant because she is a main character in a game that is currently out and a game which is about to come out. She could get these games sales. With eShop downloads, a 3ds sale of BD can still net Nintendo a profit, and advertising a game that is coming out soon is simply incredible to do.

Also, BD is essentially a reboot of classic FF, with a similar job system and gameplay. It even has a lot of the same jobs and what not. In that way she also represents classic FF.
This...SO MUCH. <3

Naoshi

I don't think a character should get in Smash for the sake of promotion. But that's just me.

That's neat I suppose, but they would logically go with classic FF for this. FF is the major Square Enix franchise.

I wouldn't consider her inclusion genius... it'd be interesting I guess but IDK if SE or Sakurai would be willing to go with Agnes over a FF rep.

Last edited:

Werner Herzog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jack_Sjunior
3DS FC
1864-9302-8583
Oh hey, this is a cool one. Agnes would actually be a great move as a third party rep, and if SE got one she really is the best option. She's the face of Bravely Default, which is published by Nintendo in the West and has plans for annualization, with the first sequel coming soon. The series is exclusive to Nintendo consoles and is massively successful. They promoted the hell out of it and it paid off. She's not the kind of iconic character that Pac-Man and Mega Man are by any stretch, but there's certainly some logic to it.

That said, speaking as someone perfectly willing to give leaks a chance, this is unbelievably fake. The selected render doesn't match the CSS image nor the game's general art style, there are TONS of problems with the font (not just in her lettering, but everywhere), the CSS roster makes zero sense even for a pre-release build, and the leaker himself is clearly mentally deranged and trying way too hard to prove that he is not your typical leaker. Absolutely everything about it rings false, even though it's a decently impressive attempt.

How fun, though! If this is the kind of thing we're in for on a regular basis over the next month then I'm going to have a blast. And I was so worried that the 3DS version being out would kill the sometimes-real-sometimes-fake leak party.

Let's enjoy the chaos while it lasts, be nice to each other, and try to take everything with a large grain of salt.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Nah I'd think they would want Lightning or some other FF character. Not sure sakurai would want that, even though a FF character would bring a increase of sales from japan.

I'd personally want a Bravely Default rep or Geno(pls...)

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
I don't think a character should get in Smash for the sake of promotion. But that's just me.
But isn't that pretty much what SSB4 has turned out to be? The roster is outright dedicated to marketing newer games...

(The only breather we got was Duck Hunt Dog, everything else literally screams marketing to me)

Last edited:

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
and Little Mac Punch Out Wii came out in 2009.
Hence "pretty much". While characters such as Little Mac do also deserve a mention because they also have a retro history backing them up for their inclusion, we have characters specifically for the sake of representing newly released games for marketing only.

While this isn't a bad thing, what I'm stating is it's the obvious drive. I'll point to Fire Emblem's, Kid Icarus', and Mario's representation going to near extremes.

Last edited:

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
:4megaman:
What about him?
:4littlemac:
Or him?
I'll direct you to my previous post.

Also, just like Little Mac, Mega-man got his inclusion not for his franchise, but for SSB4. These are the few characters added only for the nature of attracting an audience that loved these characters. Beyond them, most characters are aimed for promoting other series in hopes of increasing their sales. Good marketing strategy, since most players want to know more about the character they are playing, and this creates incentive to purchase the title they came from.

Last edited:

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
I don't think marketing is the whole reason we get out specific Smash rosters. I mean, we got Pit, Marth, and Captain Falcon. Before their inclusions in Smash (aside from Japan with Fire Emblem) I don't think those franchise and characters would be as well known today. I consider Smash Bros. a celebration of Nintendo's past if anything. I mean, yeah, there are inclusions like Shulk and Robin that are showing what's new and such, but they're also beloved characters within the company.

This isn't Playstation All-Stars.

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
I don't think marketing is the whole reason we get out specific Smash rosters. I mean, we got Pit, Marth, and Captain Falcon. Before their inclusions in Smash (aside from Japan with Fire Emblem) I don't think those franchise and characters would be as well known today. I consider Smash Bros. a celebration of Nintendo's past if anything. I mean, yeah, there are inclusions like Shulk and Robin that are showing what's new and such, but they're also beloved characters within the company.

This isn't Playstation All-Stars.
Normally, I'd agree with you (To an extent). Most previous smash titles have celebrated past and present titles equally.

But this particular version of smash has this marketing strategy a little to evident (in comparison to previous titles). The only celebratory characters are usually "retro", since their franchise has since long passed. Anything else is a hook to produce sales, and this goes vice-versa between games (Include FE characters, get new FE fans to buy smash/FE).

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx

That's neat I suppose, but they would logically go with classic FF for this. FF is the major Square Enix franchise.

I wouldn't consider her inclusion genius... it'd be interesting I guess but IDK if SE or Sakurai would be willing to go with Agnes over a FF rep.

Are you joking? Marty and Roy were ONLY in Melee to promote the upcoming GBA Fire Emblem games.

Shulk is in promoting the second Xenoblade AND the first one being released on the new 3DS.

Samurai even just said in a Famitsu interview that one of the factors that go into character selection is whether or not the characters series is still relevant, and if they have any upcoming games. I want Isaac more than anything, but let's face it. Golden Sun died in 2010. It's done. Over. BD is already more popular. Agnès is another female addition and has an insane amount of moveset potential, just based on the job system in the game. Even the Overdrives or "Limit Breakers" are perfect ideas for Final Smashes.

That being said, I am all for Agnès being in the game. Nintendo published the Bravely Default game. That makes it seem more likely in my eyes than an "iconic" FF character.

This is a BUSINESS people. Bravely Default was highly praised and sold well here and in Japan. It makes perfect sense for them to step out of their bounds and add more guest characters. They might even be DLC.

If this is fake, other than the misspelled name, this is good. I'm an INSANE BD fan and I cannot find that picture ANYWHERE.

I'm sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom