• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For the modes, yeah, there's a lot of them, but most people only plays on Versus modes (besides, that's the best part if Smash)

And about what you said, de-cloning characters through patches? That's GENIUS!!!! But I think Nintendo would simply diasble online play if you don't have the patch (exactly like every online game on PS3)
Pretty much. They can't allow coding errors and such if two people with two versions play. I mean, it may not be likely to happen, but it'd be great! Also, you accidentally double posted.

Any mod who sees it, please just delete it. Same post. Simple mistake.

I'm not so sure that's true about VS mode. It's the most played, but the others got quite a bit of play overall. Whether for unlocking stuff, or if it's multiplayer too.(SSE, Smash Run, for instance)

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Pretty much. They can't allow coding errors and such if two people with two versions play. I mean, it may not be likely to happen, but it'd be great! Also, you accidentally double posted.

That's what I get for web-browsing with a smartphone! XD

I'm not so sure that's true about VS mode. It's the most played, but the others got quite a bit of play overall. Whether for unlocking stuff, or if it's multiplayer too.(SSE, Smash Run, for instance)
True, but why are we arguing about game modes anyway? (Although I admit it, SSE was amazing) Isn't it a thread aboit characters?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Because the roster shouldn't be 100% decided by the fandom. I'd rather him making an interesting roster than relying on fanmade ones. Most fan made rosters are usually boring, impossible, full of unbalanced choices or full of odd choices.

Hate sounding blunt but that's how I feel about them :/
Personally I feel like rosters created by individual fans are often boring or heavily biased, but rosters created through the fanbase overall are more interesting and exciting. Generally speaking I think most of the highly popular characters (well sans potential clones) would add something worthwhile to smash.

I'd like to think at least as some kind of hive mind we know what we're talking about.

Of course it's Sakurai's game, it wouldn't be appropriate for the fans to be influencing his every decision. On the other hand there's nothing wrong with some awareness of the fans, as long as it's kept in check. All things considered I think Sakurai straddles the line reasonably well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
True, but why are we arguing about game modes anyway? (Although I admit it, SSE was amazing) Isn't it a thread aboit characters?
To be fair, the main leak just happens to about a Mode.

Either way, I doubt there's a need to rehash the fact the rosters will be the same no matter what.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Personally I feel like rosters created by individual fans are often boring or heavily biased, but rosters created through the fanbase overall are more interesting and exciting. Generally speaking I think most of the highly popular characters (well sans potential clones) would add something worthwhile to smash.

I'd like to think at least as some kind of hive mind we know what we're talking about.

Of course it's Sakurai's game, it wouldn't be appropriate for the fans to be influencing his every decision. On the other hand there's nothing wrong with some awareness of the fans, as long as it's kept in check. All things considered I think Sakurai straddles the line reasonably well.
Yeah, I have no issues with fans influencing Sakurai. As long as he continues to keep the rosters feel genuine. The fans are already an influence considering Mega Man got in due to the huge demand he had (then again he would be the only reasonable Capcom rep). That and the Omega Mode felt like a response to pleasing the tournament scene, even though I have some complaints about how Omega Mode was handled.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah, I have no issues with fans influencing Sakurai. As long as he continues to keep the rosters feel genuine. The fans are already an influence considering Mega Man got in due to the huge demand he had (then again he would be the only reasonable Capcom rep). That and the Omega Mode felt like a response to pleasing the tournament scene, even though I have some complaints about how Omega Mode was handled.
Yeah, Sakurai is listening a lot to the fans this time, while still keeping his personal touch to the game. He's really handling it well and doing an amazing job at it.

About Omega Mode, I think Sakurai simply wanted to add more variety to the tournament scene without removing those entertaining banned stages, while also avoiding "fully cloned stages"

Naoshi

Yeah, Sakurai is listening a lot to the fans this time, while still keeping his personal touch to the game. He's really handling it well and doing an amazing job at it.

About Omega Mode, I think Sakurai simply wanted to add more variety to the tournament scene without removing those entertaining banned stages, while also avoiding "fully cloned stages"
My issue is just that FD is the only layout for the mode. I felt it would be a bit better if some of the Omega stages were hazardless versions while retaining the layout instead. Oh well, not a big deal though, I prefer this over nothing.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I had my hopes crushed once already. I'd prefer to think that this is it and that there's just no DLC whatsoever.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
unrevealed characters you say, that can be on the 3DS? (P.S. this isn't my pictures i found it on Neogaf)

I've Never even Played Bravly Default so idk how Agnes would even play like.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Hey ! Agnes was a cool character in Bravely Default ! >.<

But i think it may be fake , the image from the select and the P2 player not the same and ... well ... look like a low-poly model ...

Last edited:

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
It's definitely fake. Lettering is way off. Also, Sakurai already said both versions will have the same roster. I'm not inclined to believe any conspiracy theories that say otherwise.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
It's definitely fake. Lettering is way off. Also, Sakurai already said both versions will have the same roster. I'm not inclined to believe any conspiracy theories that say otherwise.
Yeah it's fake .
So for you , why don't we have any info on the WII U versions , 1.5 month before his relases ?

We don't know the 3DS-Wii U connection . We don't know the modes . The Stages . Nothing .

Last edited:

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
So for you , why don't we have any info on the WII U versions , 1.5 month before his relases ?

We don't know the 3DS-Wii U connection . We don't know the modes . The Stages . Nothing .
No excuse to jump to conclusions, especially ones that Sakurai himself has said would never happen.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Probably fake, but I was wondering where she was from. Also, the full base roster is revealed. Unless the idea is that she was a beta and scrapped character.

I forgot, who made Bravely Default?

And we cannot debunk anything if it has a different roster since in the end, they're guaranteed to be the same. DLC or otherwise. That's what he promised, not that no DLC will ever happen, that no Data Transfer will ever happen, etc. His exact wording and the way he works(being vague, constantly changing his mind) leaves a lot of doubt in many people's minds that it's the very definitely final roster without any ways it could be upgraded to having more. If the Wii U version has a few more characters that you can quickly download to get them for free upon that version's release, he absolutely would not be lying in any way. Same character experience between both versions, something he was far more clear on. People are claiming a lot of what he really didn't say.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Square Enix do Bravely Default , it's a spiritual child of the old school Final Fantasy

Last edited:

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai said, quoting him, we're going to have the same characters on both systems. There's no evidence for the theory that there is characters being held back for the Wii U version release. Zero evidence. So it doesn't make a lot of sense to keep holding to the idea that this will happen.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
There a sound "evidence" for the smash world "leak" ... ( Annoncer "Smash World " sound )
There maybe lucky guess for the Tower of Smash "leak" . ( GreatFox/Orbital Gate , Onett , Gamer , Smashville )

There no really evidence , but there nothing for hardly debunk them .

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai said, quoting him, we're going to have the same characters on both systems. There's no evidence for the theory that there is characters being held back for the Wii U version release. Zero evidence. So it doesn't make a lot of sense to keep holding to the idea that this will happen.
If I download them after the Wii U version releases them, how are the rosters different? They aren't. This reasoning never made any real sense because it assumes loopholes would never work. He isn't lying as long as the rosters became the same for all players in some way. There's no reason it can't happen whatsoever as long as zero exclusive characters exist.

Square Enix do Bravely Default , it's a spiritual child of the old school Final Fantasy
Sounds unlikely, due to the picture's bad quality, and letters being different. Otherwise, believable.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Can we please not try to dismiss things as fake based on the smallest things, Remember the ESRB leak?

Although she is third party (I think) so this may be fake. But I'm wondering do nintendo have any rights to bravely default, I know they published it but what exactly does that mean

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Can we please not try to dismiss things as fake based on the smallest things, Remember the ESRB leak?

Although she is third party (I think) so this may be fake. But I'm wondering do nintendo have any rights to bravely default, I know they published it but what exactly does that mean
The text is off, and the full "roster screen" shows zero Pokemon whatsoever. The idea it has a new character or is from a 3rd party is just not a reason it's fake(if not the worst possible reasons to dismiss it. Being close-minded doesn't make things fake. Hard to believe is undersand, but fake? No.). The other two, however, are fairly notable problems.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Defenitely fake! There are a lot of starters missing (DDD, MK, all Pokemons, C. Falcon, Olimar, etc.)
Unlocks can change between versions. But 0 out of 5 Pokemon available? Bullcrap. Especially when the Wii U demo variants had at least Pikachu and Greninja.

Unless they somehow edited it remove a full row, it doesn't make sense. That's not counting the modified fake text. I think there's enough reason to throw it out. Agnes existing definitely isn't one of 'em.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The text is off, and the full "roster screen" shows zero Pokemon whatsoever. The idea it has a new character or is from a 3rd party is just not a reason it's fake(if not the worst possible reasons to dismiss it. Being close-minded doesn't make things fake. Hard to believe is undersand, but fake? No.). The other two, however, are fairly notable problems.
I really don't see how the text is off?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
unrevealed characters you say, that can be on the 3DS? (P.S. this isn't my pictures i found it on Neogaf)

I've Never even Played Bravly Default so idk how Agnes would even play like.
While I do find the veracity of this extremely questionable, I have to ask: In the top pic, what is the icon on Agnès's picture? It looks like a black and red 3DS with a speech bubble on it. Have we seen that icon before? Is it used when using the 3DS as a controller or something?

Last edited:

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
While I do find the veracity of this extremely questionable, I have to ask: In the top pic, what is the icon on Agnés's picture? It looks like a black and red 3DS with a speech bubble on it. Have we seen that icon before? Is it used when using the 3DS as a controller or something?
The leak this originates from mentions 3DS compatibility being a special means to unlocking more characters. That would explain the icon I suppose.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I really don't see how the text is off?
The little line above the E is going in the incorrect direction from the official character. It's a possible mistake, I guess. Still, the lack of Pokemon is just really strange. Especially with them being in the demo builds. I don't believe for a second that could be the starting roster with zero Pokemon on it. They got 5 of 'em. That kills it for me entirely. Now, if the person took the picture and deleted a row so he wouldn't get caught, an unlikely thing, then it could be real. I still find the exact 3rd party choice weird, but eh.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Easily fake because the portrait in the icon looks way different to how it looks when selected in the lower part of the screen, like the hair looks totally different between each other.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The little line above the E is going in the incorrect direction from the official character. It's a possible mistake, I guess. Still, the lack of Pokemon is just really strange. Especially with them being in the demo builds. I don't believe for a second that could be the starting roster with zero Pokemon on it. They got 5 of 'em. That kills it for me entirely. Now, if the person took the picture and deleted a row so he wouldn't get caught, an unlikely thing, then it could be real. I still find the exact 3rd party choice weird, but eh.
I thought it was Agnès, not Agnés. Mostly because I remember having to memorize the different alt code when I started heavily discussing the game on forums.

I can actually see a Bravely Default rep. The game was Nintendo exclusive, heavily pushed by Nintendo (Nintendo actually funded the western localization, not Square Enix), and harkens back to the classic Final Fantasy games, which had a huge history on Nintendo. It really is one of the biggest Nintendo + Square Enix projects that has been seen in decades, and it was massively successful.

Not that this means we'd get a rep from the game, because I don't think there's a chance. But I think it would work if they did it. Although, that series logo of Airy is frelling awesome.

I find it odd that the roster has 29 characters on it only. I mean, the 3DS one had 36/37 characters on it (depending on if Customization and Miis were on).

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
A: Sakurai has gone back on his word before.
B: There have been 'leaks' of varying viability that there are other characters in the game.
C: It is a logical (if a bit slimy) business model.
D: The idea goes that they will eventually be on the 3ds version and won't forever be WiiU exclusives. How they get put onto the 3ds is up in the air, but I personally will be rather surprised if Nintendo doesn't do this in order to boost sales for the WiiU. Hype for this game cannot be based on new game modes and graphics alone.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

"What really happened for the Tos and Smash World Leaker"

I can't stand the way we have no info and no POTD reveal ... it's smell the Wii U direct ...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

"What really happened for the Tos and Smash World Leaker"

I can't stand the way we have no info and no POTD reveal ... it's smell the Wii U direct ...
Sorry, that smell is me.... -.-

Seriously though, Sakurai isn't revealing anything about SSBU, despite the 3DS version being internationally released.

What are you up to, Sakurai?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
A direct is happening soon. I can :4shulk: it.
Fixed .

By the way , for the Agnes leak , it's his official artwork with just another head . Her name is Agnès not the same N than Link .

Fake . End of Story . FIN .

Look how this freaking leak is easy to debunk but a freaking Tos and Smash world Leak seems like impossible to debunk .

Naoshi

Why the hell would Agnes of all SE reps be in Smash Bros? :laugh: Where did you guys find this leak??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom