• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Too good to be true .... I will cross my fingers on great things happening tho, but how reliable is this source after all?... If it's just text then I can guarantee already that is not reliable until visual evidence happens...
Just an fyi, after the ERSB leaker got in a lot of trouble, people are avoiding anything but text leaks. Visual evidence is very unlikely now.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Just an fyi, after the ERSB leaker got in a lot of trouble, people are avoiding anything but text leaks. Visual evidence is very unlikely now.
True although it always helps in some shape or form when it comes to leaks so I think its best to keep an open mind about this for now

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
In other words, we shouldn't be trusting any text leak from now on unless we get visual evidence from Sakurai himself as a PotD or something official in general. That's just how we should be taking these text leaks from now on.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
In other words, we shouldn't be trusting any text leak from now on unless we get visual evidence from Sakurai himself as a PotD or something official in general. That's just how we should be taking these text leaks from now on.
I'd assume we would get new on this very soon if this is real Considering how much they pushed Smash Run Oh How they will Push DLC

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Likewise, we can't dismiss it unless it's very blatantly wrong. Which is why none of the stage parts are dismissable in the ToS leak. All of those are possible.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Well ridley is a choice...dixie is possible...a star Fox character will likely be added and loz could possibly get impa but because of advertising hyrule warriors I could see someone else being added

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Well ridley is a choice...dixie is possible...a star Fox character will likely be added and loz could possibly get impa but because of advertising hyrule warriors I could see someone else being added
Star Fox would Likely get a character? ........

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Just Search 'Mr.Prince' and click on the stuff he has posted to find the answer
I just checked his post:

In addition to the Tower of Smash mode being available. The 3DS is also getting a new mode when the Wii U Version comes out.

This mode will be called “ Smash World “

This mode will be a mode where players can challenge players around the world in various formats of smash battles. The thing that differentiates this mode from others is that this mode can level your play skills and match you with players around your same skill. More features include daily challenges that must be met! If you play Smash World every day of the week, each day you will earn a prize and each day the prize will get better! Prizes include NEW Mii accessories, Coins, Smash Points, and for great performances, special powerups in future Smash World matches!

In addition to this mode, there will be another two characters available first on the Nintendo Wii U for a limited time! Those who do not get those characters in the time given, will be able to purchase those characters in the eShop.

Also the Wii U and 3DS will be given a new feature! A “Shop” mode where players can buy various items with the coins and money achieved.

When players are given Impa, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo, two more characters still remain available!

Those characters are Isaac from Golden Sun and Wonder-Red from Wonderful 101!

This Special DLC pack will be released in 2015 with the release of “Splatoon!”

A new ink blaster item will be added, a brand new Splatoon stage awaits your arrival! And maybe a special guest will appear to battle!

This all comes in Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Wii U and 3DS!!
The thing that worries me is that he talked about Mach Rider and Krystal in previous posts and then he didn't mentioned them when he talked about Smash world mode, that sounds like either he forgot about them or he just made that up, which would hurt his leak credibility a bit, even if he nailed the Smash World mode, maybe some of his information is still made up, who knows....

But anyways... He did indeed talked about Smash World mode in a comment he made on Sept 23, and the hidden audio just came out around this week if i'm not mistaken (correct me if I am, please), so I will give him a thumbs up for that, but i will still expect nothing more than what we have actually confirmed so far.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
For all the guy's who say the Annoncer voices is fake/hoax/fan-made . It's from Random Talking Bush from the sound-resource a very truthful sound ripper . And more interesting is that the voice clip from the annoncer are only from the US version not the JP version ...

D

Deleted member

Well Actually he Called Smash World before the Sound Files were found out to exist, And I just Remembered! we have found arrows on the CSS and SSS which Goes back to these extra Characters and that Splatoon Stage so according to him the finalised characters are
Impa
Mewtwo
Ridley
Choir Boys
Dixie
Isaac
Inkling
Lucas
Wolf
Non-Finalized Ones are
Dr.Luigi (They don't know whether to make him a alt for Luigi or separate character)
Ice Climbers/Ice Climber
Urban Champion
Roy? [Still in the dark regarding him]
If this is all true this is One HECK of a DLC Roster Nintendo Really out-did themselves! (I only really care about Lucas returning Mostly though)
What no Ivysaur or Squirtle? I would love for them to return, actually. :)

But that aside, these characters would be a dream. But...probably too good to be true...

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I just checked his post:

The thing that worries me is that he talked about Mach Rider and Krystal in previous posts and then he didn't mentioned them when he talked about Smash world mode, that sounds like either he forgot about them or he just made that up, which would hurt his leak credibility a bit, even if he nailed the Smash World mode, maybe some of his information is still made up, who knows....

But anyways... He did indeed talked about Smash World mode in a comment he made on Sept 23, and the hidden audio just came out around this week if i'm not mistaken (correct me if I am, please), so I will give him a thumbs up for that, but i will still expect nothing more than what we have actually confirmed so far.
Also.....

I am unable to credit my sources. If I say who gave this to me, I can get myself in trouble and him most likely fired and pressed charges. Nintendo is not lenient at all with this matter.
And I was given another piece of information today at work.
More characters are being developed! There is no set release date for the second DLC, but the man who spoke to me says it may very well be end of 2015 for Wii U and mid 2015 for 3DS. Obviously the Wii U will need more time but it shall be worth it :)
But the characters they are fiddling with are Ice Climbers, Phazon Suit Samus, Machamp( FOR POKKEN), Roy, Krystal, King K. Rool, The Hero from Code name S.T.E.A.M., Dr. Luigi, Urban Champion from Urban Champion, and Mach Rider from ExciteBike
Working testable models of the characters include Phazon Suit Samus, Roy, Krystal, and Dr. Luigi. Mach Rider, Ice Climbers, Hero, and King K. Rool are unstable. Urban Champion is still a thought and so is Machamp.
They also said 10 more stages are coming and more modes if needed. The also said the 3DS will most likely stop getting stages and modes if the game gets too big, but the characters will ALWAYS be constant through both games.
And I asked the man this, "I thought Krystal and others had a trophy in the game already"
He answered by saying "Just because there is a trophy doesn't mean they won't be playable."
Plus
Ok let me get this straight
First of all I said Mach Rider from ExciteBike so I don't understand your false correctivity.
Second, The Wii U has more detail being, you know, HD AND ALL
And the development team is considering Ice Climbers being just Ice Climber as a seperate and having Nana be a alt costume. The final Smash and some moves would feature the duo preform together. The Wii U version would be the exact same.
And I never said I worked for the game.
So, you don't know what you are talking about. I have connections to them
And Cooking Mama was in fact considered but the vote to put her in was lost from 167/450 people.
Ugh And......

Ok let me get this straight
First of all I said Mach Rider from ExciteBike so I don't understand your false correctivity.
Second, The Wii U has more detail being, you know, HD AND ALL
And the development team is considering Ice Climbers being just Ice Climber as a seperate and having Nana be a alt costume. The final Smash and some moves would feature the duo preform together. The Wii U version would be the exact same.
And I never said I worked for the game.
So, you don't know what you are talking about. I have connections to them
And Cooking Mama was in fact considered but the vote to put her in was lost from 167/450 people.
The Mach Rider I was told was from Excitebike. The Mach Rider from Mach Rider is considered a different Mach Rider. The Mach Rider from Excitebike will most likely be called Mach Rider or Excite Man stated by the teams.
Panel de Pon was never considered. Bandana Dee lost a vote from 162/450
The characters that got in with the most votes were Shulk with 421/450, Dr. Mario with 407/450, Palutena with 443/450, Dark Pit with 399/450, and Duck Hunt Dog with 379/450
Characters that aren't in that got lots of votes are
Mewtwo with 437/450, Chrom with 415/450, Ridley with 349/450, Dr. Luigi with 213/450, Mach Rider with 394/450, King K. Rool with 388/450, Dixie Kong with 245/450, Impa with 434/450, Blaziken with 206/450, and Wolf with exactly 400/450.
Characters eliminated with less that 200 votes are the following
Cooking Mama with 156/450, Bandana Dee with 162/450, Rider with 38/450(HORRIBLE), Pangoro with 187/450, and Frogger with 111/450.
Characters with a PERFECT 450/450 are only two.
Little Mac reached 450/450 and so did Charizard as his own character with 450/450
Pac-Man came close with 447/450. Wii Fit Trainer also came close with 446/450
Some characters had immunity; the obvious Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, etc.
I didn't get anything amusing to the ears today at work, but I did get something juicy.
Tournament mode will be BACK but only for the WIi U version. 3DS can participate but cannot start/edit/make any tournaments. They can only play as additional players in the bracket for the WII U VERSION ONLY!!
Blah Blah Blah......
The game itself has 49 characters
The Final Finale roster will consist of 65 characters
This will make the DLC characters have 16 fighters
The following are DLC FOR SURE COMING
Ridley
Mewtwo
Chorus Men
Dixie Kong
Impa
Isaac
Wonder-Red
Lucas
The following are the DLC being considered but most likely coming
Dr. Luigi (Mario series)
Urban Champion (Urban Champion Series)
Wolf (StarFox series)
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber series)
Mach Rider (ExciteBike series)
Solid Snake (Metal Gear series)
Galacta Knight (Kirby series)
Blaziken (Pokemon series)
And Finally......
No characters from any Pilotwings game. Sorry.
I also got an email from my buddy who gave me the information on a previous page. I can't show you the email for legal reasons. And give me crap for this, You'll feel pretty stupid when this does happen. So complain and hate all you want, you'll just come out looking like an idiot.
Now then...
More characters and DENIALS of previous characters. Apparently, I was lied to.
THE CHARACTERS FOR SURE ON THE Way are the following
Ridley, Impa, Choir Boys(NOT CHORUS MEN ANYMORE), Mewtwo, and Dixie Kong
Lucas and Wolf are eventually coming but not until early 2015.
Ice Climbers or Ice Climber are still being tested, so it may be 2015 before we get them or never. I asked, and right now they said Ice Climbers have a 10% percent chance in making it in. Sorry guys! The 3DS just can't handle 4 Ice Climber players at once on one screen.
Mach Rider, Solid Snake, Galacta Knight, Roy, and Machamp WERE ALL FAKES! THEY are INDEED NOT COMING! Bust out those Mii making skills people, you're going to need them for these guys..
Blaziken has been scrapped. He required too many moving abilities and it just wasn't working out.
Dr. Luig is INDEED Coming in any way shape or form!
They can't decide whether to make him an alt. for Luigi, or a separate character.
Isaac from Golden Sun is becoming a character! GET HYPE YALL!
Wonder - Red is just going to be an assist trophy now...may be featuring the rest of the gang too.
SO TO RECAP
FIGHTERS OFFICIALLY COMING AT SOME TIME ARE!!
Ridley, Impa, Choir Boys, Mewtwo, Isaac, Dixie Kong, Lucas, Wolf, and one more secret character I will reveal shortly.
The guy/woman(CANT SAY), does not work with stages! He is unable to leak any info about stages! Sorry!
ALSO! The Captain Toad rumor is indeed fake. He is not coming. Not even an assist.
Now the secret character
The characters from Splatoon!
The first DLC will be free. Call it DLC or whatever you want
Everyone knows this leak by now. Connect the 3DS to the WIi U and get additional stuff
Characters will be Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Choir Boys, and Impa.
SECOND DLC will be released March 2015
The characters are Lucas, Wolf, and hopefully Ice Climbers, if not Ice Climbers, then they will add Roy.
THIRD DLC will be when Splatoon! Releases! SAME DAY AND EVEYTHING!
The characters will be Isaac, SPLATOON GIRL AND BOY, and maybe Dr. Luigi or the Urban Champion.
The Splatoon Character(NAME UNKNOWN) is going to be one fighter. Similar to Robin, he and she will be able to have the same moves and everything. The only difference is that you can switch from different variations of the fighter. Also, the Squids will be enemies in Smash Run and we will get a stage of Splatoon!.
And that's ALL folks!

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
*sigh* sakurai specifically said the ice climbers couldn't make it in and there 2 characters so what makes you think a 3 character one could make it in

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If it's true , this not surprise me all the change he do of his "leak" . Because , in the gaming industry there a lot of change , look at Sonic Generation , they do like 20 stage list different , and chose 1 . But did the guys who say one of the earlier stage list was wrong ? No , he was just outdated . That's maybe what appen to the Gematsu Leak . He have a Earliest list of character before it was updated with Robin/Lucina and the Clones . So i don't say he's wrong , i don't say he's true , but all i can do is ride the Hype Train until the reveal or Debunk .

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Thing is, if he was lied to about those characters, how do we know he is not lied about even more stuff? Definetly his source is not trustworthy...

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
*sigh* sakurai specifically said the ice climbers couldn't make it in and there 2 characters so what makes you think a 3 character one could make it in
They could be One Entity you know since you control the conductor

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Thing is, if he was lied to about those characters, how do we know he is not lied about even more stuff? Definetly his source is not trustworthy...
Very True How ever I'm pretty Sure He Asked him secret what was real after that occurred

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
How many times have we explained that some characters seem to be 2 but with only 1 AI (DHD for example) and ice climbers had 2 AIs?.

My guess is that what Sakurai is doing is making all these characters that have visually 2 or 3 characters get only 1 AI and problem solved. (also i think that would solve ice climbers' problem but their gameplay would be different from now on)

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Looks like nobody care what i write ...

i say in the gaming industry a lot off change occur , like the clone in Sm4sh 3DS for exemple ... Or The Soap shoes in Sonic Adventure 2 Or ... well the name change from Final Fantasy Versus XIII to VX or Agito to Type-0 . From Sonic World Adventure to Sonic Unleashed , to Sonic Wild Fire to Sonic and the secret of the ring .

Last Minute change are common in the video game industry . So don't be surprised that they can change the DLC list or character transfer ...

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Looks like nobody care what i write ...

i say in the gaming industry a lot off change occur , like the clone in Sm4sh 3DS for exemple ... Or The Soap shoes in Sonic Adventure 2 Or ... well the name change from Final Fantasy Versus XIII to VX or Agito to Type-0 . From Sonic World Adventure to Sonic Unleashed , to Sonic Wild Fire to Sonic and the secret of the ring .

Last Minute change are common in the video game industry . So don't be surprised that they can change the DLC list or character transfer ...
We can't tell if there was an actual change going on or if it was a lie since the very beginning, that's the thing. We are trusting blindly in the end.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
We can't tell if there was an actual change going on or if it was a lie since the very beginning, that's the thing. We are trusting blindly in the end.
Why doesn't Sakurai work WITH the community on this game? It would be so good if he did it like that.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Then all the Character choices would be Predictable And No Surprise would come from the game though
That and some suggestions are never taken, like Goku or something stupid like that. Also, most of game directors don't work directly with their community, it's been always like that for most of games I believe... I rather keep it that way, I love being surprised by Sakurai lol.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I hoping that If Mr.Prince comes back to Smash Boards he can answer the questions I messaged to him so we can get a better grip of stuff on those lists [assuming its true]

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I would just like to say theories similar to this has been brought up in the past before -- basically something along the lines the Wii U version having additional characters on-disk once released, and the 3DS getting such characters as DLC later. More so once we knew both release dates for the 3DS and Wii U version, I remember seeing some people coming up with such theory. Why? Because the gap between the 3DS and Wii U's release date is somewhat big. You have to wonder why, and what they're going to do during the time frame.

Now I guess there seems to be more evidence, so the OP's theory is interesting. I just don't know if we would get DLC this early... I would expect months after the Wii U version's released... who knows.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Why doesn't Sakurai work WITH the community on this game? It would be so good if he did it like that.
Because the roster shouldn't be 100% decided by the fandom. I'd rather him making an interesting roster than relying on fanmade ones. Most fan made rosters are usually boring, impossible, full of unbalanced choices or full of odd choices.

Hate sounding blunt but that's how I feel about them :/

Last edited:

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
What no Ivysaur or Squirtle? I would love for them to return, actually. :)

But that aside, these characters would be a dream. But...probably too good to be true...
Because it is. Doesn't this leak also mention that the Splatoon DLC would release the same day as the Splatoon game? Not likely. Why would Nintendo make competition with itself?

This guy's "leaks" were constantly changing. I understand things change in development, but his edits were too sporadic. Especially for a fighting game where character choices have to be settled on ASAP.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Not to mention the unprofessionalism the guy had. The way he wrote his posts had this really childish tone to it. I can't imagine someone like him of all people having actual insider info.

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
Not to mention the unprofessionalism the guy had. The way he wrote his posts had this really childish tone to it. I can't imagine someone like him of all people having actual insider info.
That too. We honestly shouldn't 100% trust any leak and I prefer we don't get any picture leaks for the sake of no one losing their job. I'm just keeping an eye on the Spainkiller leak due to him being a creditable journalist. We'll see though. The only reason I'm really even open to any leak is because there is so much open space on the 3DS menu when everyone is unlocked.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
It's unfair because they don't get the same characters. There's a ton of content, and far more on the Wii U version. So you already got a lot more stuff. That's more than enough.
the 3ds version is not entitled to the same characters and smash is about the characters who really cares about the modes

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I thought Smash was about fighting with Nintendo's All-Stars (and few, specific third-parties)
And the Modes, Items, Courses... etc. Oh, and yes, people definitely care about these.

We all know characters are a part of it, but not all of it. Some just can't accept this. :facepalm:

Plus, the roster is huge and awesome in its own right. Even as the final roster, it still is a highly pleasing one.

I would not mind a mandatory patch released a little later to slightly upgrade Dark Pit. In this case, you couldn't play online without it, so it wouldn't affect anyone much at all with another copy. Just don't allow two offline copies to connect till they get the patch.

D

Deleted member

Yeah it's probably best to not trust any leaks at this point. IF there IS DLC, then I'm pretty sure we all know which characters will be on the top of the list as candidates anyway. But I'm half expecting Sakurai's last Pic of the Day to be:
"Well, Super Smash Bros. is finished now and I will no longer be working with Bandai Namco for the game. As such, the development team will be disbanded and I'm afraid it will be impossible to implement DLC for Smash in the future. Please be grateful for what we worked so hard to give you and don't whine like children. Goodbye!"

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
And the Modes, Items, Courses... etc. Oh, and yes, people definitely care about these.

We all know characters are a part of it, but not all of it. Some just can't accept this. :facepalm:

Plus, the roster is huge and awesome in its own right. Even as the final roster, it still is a highly pleasing one.

I would not mind a mandatory patch released a little later to slightly upgrade Dark Pit. In this case, you couldn't play online without it, so it wouldn't affect anyone much at all with another copy. Just don't allow two offline copies to connect till they get the patch.
For the modes, yeah, there's a lot of them, but most people only plays on Versus modes (besides, that's the best part of Smash)

And about what you said, de-cloning characters through patches? That's GENIUS!!!! But I think Nintendo would simply diasble online play if you don't have the patch (exactly like every online game on PS3)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom